Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Liquorice Cottage

⊱ Liquorice Cottage ⊰

4542236560_21d98493ab.jpg

SpinTheMoon designed and built her humble “Liquorice Cottage” after amassing a minor fortune in the trade of embossed Pontefract cakes and extract. In her previous life on the Continent, she frequently entertained famed international artists (although primarily German expressionists), celebrated chess masters, nectar connoisseurs, and astronomers. Pleased with the thought that her dearest companions would not be estranged in her current abode, she typed invitations on her finest parchment and placed them in empty nectar bottles. She corked the bottles and floated them out to sea. As she waited for responses and settled into her splendid new surroundings, Spin grew increasingly solitary and eccentric, spending hours at her easel in the ancillary studio, wandering the hedge maze at night, and staring wistfully into the dark waters of the old stone well beside the cottage where she eventually found solace in her hidden arboretum.

4542237676_2b260323ff.jpg

4542239638_66fb661329.jpg

4541604307_52f8e4fcaa.jpg

4541605173_bfa65a83a5.jpg

4541605033_ac1e8e2fef.jpg

4542239342_6329852751.jpg

4541601693_e383598418.jpg

4542238822_2f79590a07.jpg

SpinTheMoon has since moved on leaving behind her belongings as well as her cottage which is now up for auction. The advertisement in the local paper reads:
Lot for sale, all bidders welcome: Liquorice Cottage is a well appointed domicile in the South English style with three bedchambers, two fully furnished water closets, two hearths, comfortable living and dining areas, an amply stocked kitchen, outdoor diversionary patio, detached studio with Franklin stove, hedge maze, stone wells, telescope, chess table, artist’s easel, bottles of nectar, rare book collection and other amenities.

4542237526_a0b9ddd465.jpg

4542236332_39163dfdab.jpg

4542234868_5ddabf7598.jpg

DownloadMore Pictures

[Originally built at 45 Lost Willow Road, Riverview. §131,136 Furnished, §78,424 Unfurnished. Lot created for this challenge.]

Comments

• Options
    BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Spin, this is such a beautiful cottage! That black and white color scheme is just darling (and such a cute name for the cottage too...so fitting!). All of those lovely rooms...what a wonderful place to spend some time in. This is definitely going to find a place in my fav folder! :D
  • Options
    kellorkellor Posts: 3,209 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Added to game, rec'd and favorited(is that a word?)! Amazing job! :D
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi SpinTheMoon
    How gorgeous this little cottage is. Love the way you have combined textures and patterns with this limited pallette. The landscaping fits the cottage so well with its splashes of red very striking. Have rec'd and fav this one. :D
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi Spin,

WOW! Your cottage is really, absolutely and totally gorgeous! Love the black and white combo you have used! I have always liked tudor style! The shape of the house is really nice! The garden is very pretty! The interiors are perfect! I love the fact that you have kept to one colour scheme both outside and inside - black and white! The living room, art room, bedrooms, bathroom really stands out! In fact all the room stands out! Great stuff Spin! I am off to your studio to recommend! :thumbup:

P.S. I am really nervous about my entry now! Shaking in my boots! :lol:
  • Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Another gorgeous cottage Spin! Black and white color scheme can be tricky to pull off in a cottage but you made the interiors look very inviting and extremely classy. Love the exterior too, the hedge maze and the stone lined pathway is so lovely. Fabulous all around. Rec'd!
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited April 2010
    swirl3.gifblings.gifswirl3.gif

Spin this is just fabulous! It is going to go live in my favourites!!!

"embossed Pontefract cakes" !!! lol I adore the quaintness of the exterior and combined with the black and white interiors it is eccentricity at its most stylish and chic. Love it all :) DRF!
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited April 2010
    its beautiful, recd for sure! :)
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited April 2010
    SpinTheMoon, this is just awesome! It's not easy to pull of a build with just black and white, but you have done it in a beautiful way! Love the architecture of the houses, the landscaping works great with the build, love how you have used the dive-wells. Stunning interiors. Rec'd and fav'd! :D
  • Options
    MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Its like one of thoes homes were you walk in and your like, i take it in thid home your not alwoed to touch anything cause it all so perfect :) thats good also :)
  • Options
    SpinTheMoonSpinTheMoon Posts: 417 Member
    edited April 2010
    tuzki-bunny-emoticon-040.gif Thank you so much everyone!!! This is my first building competition.*gulp* I decided to just let myself go, have fun, and pretend sleep is overrated. :-) I didn't have a name picked out. I never do until the last moment as it all comes together. So I'm really happy to hear the name fits. I only wish the tiny cover shot on my page turned out better.

I really appreciate your comments, favorites, recommendations, and downloads. :D:D:D If you notice any game play problems, or have any trouble with this cottage, please let me know so I can make necessary corrections. I play test everything I make but at 2 am things get a little wacky in my brain.

Yanti – I'm sure your house is going to blow me away!!!

That bed over there is calling me! zZzZzZ
  • Options
    Cera13Cera13 Posts: 891 Member
    edited April 2010
    Spinthemoon, this is wonderful! By the name I thought it was going into the Berry Sweet neighborhood and was going to recommend it for Ricslady's challenge-lol! It is just perfect, the decorating, the landscaping. Fabulous job!
  • Options
    Sugar_And_SparklesSugar_And_Sparkles Posts: 979
    edited April 2010
    Oh wow XD

That is just amazing :D I love the whole colour scheme, it makes it look so chic, but it really works at the same time :mrgreen:
  • Options
    vanilijavanilija Posts: 3,411 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Spin, it's beatiful!
    Dl'd, rec'd and fav'd !!! :D
  • Options
    BallaroseBallarose Posts: 191 Member
    edited April 2010
    SpinTheMoon, this is absolutely lovely. Not only the way you used the black and white but also the way you photographed your cottage and the writing of your story is excellent. I know a place where your talent would be so appreciated :wink: Hope you do find the time to make your way over to LivingSims and have a peek around.
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited April 2010
    Lovely! The structure is flawless imo. The choice of colors is bold and well done. The decor is splendid. A definite rec for this one!!!
  • Options
    chow1Tobychow1Toby Posts: 35 Member
    edited April 2010
    I love the black and white theme of this cottage! It is beautiful and I've already downloaded it!
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited April 2010
    OooH that's lovely could not resist downloading and recommending it
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    TotaTota Posts: 1,385 Member
    edited April 2010
    I love the theme, so cute :)
    I love how you've done the exterior and the roofs, and I like the underground well room :D
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ballarose - Thank you so much!! I haven't forgotten! :D

*giggles* Where are my manners?! *Offers Allium and everyone else here homemade Pontefract cakes*

Pontefract-Cake.jpg

Thank you so much everyone!! I really appreciate your comments, favs, recs, and downloads!! :mrgreen:

Why so many views?!
  • Options
    Diskette66Diskette66 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited April 2010
    SpinTheMoon, I was checking out Recent Topics and happened to see your name as creator of this thread and had to pop in to check it out (I am a big fan of all your works).

What a beautiful and unique cottage! I love the colors and the build and the inside is decorated so nicely as well. Fantastic job :)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Aw! Thank you so much Diskette!! You just brightened my day! :D
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited April 2010
    SpintheMoon, I love the cottage and the story along with it!!
    :lol: I do love the name too, it sounds like it should have a place in the berrysweet neighborhood!!
  • Options
    CarynColleenCarynColleen Posts: 604 Member
    edited April 2010
    This whole Lot looks like a pastoral scene in toile. (I love toile!) Lovely!
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited April 2010
    LOL Thanks for the cake! Hehe!

It's a lovely build Spin! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thank you all so much!!!

:mrgreen: