Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunnyside Industrial Loft by BreanneStone---****See page 6 for pics****

Comments

• Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited April 2010
    Wow Bree! This looks just awesome! It nails the industrial theme - those windows are perfect! Love the see-through curtains. The bedroom - can I have that? Rec'd of course!
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited April 2010
    Love the curtains! Also love how you built on elevated land... something most everyone didn't do! :)
  • Options
    BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Linday: Linday! Thanks so much! Now that I am done with my entry, I can go check out everyone elses...I know you have one in there too! And yes, of course you can have the bedroom...lol, that was one of my favorite rooms in the end. I wish I had that bedroom in rl too! :D

Princess Natasha: I'm so glad you noticed that I raised it up...whenever I think of a loft, a tall multi-story building comes to mind. Thanks for posting the sweet comments! :D
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi Breanne,

WOW! What a beautiful modern build! I really love the architecture! Lovely combination of brick! Also, I like the fact that it is standing on a sort of hilly area! Interiors are gorgeous! Love the living room with the sofa and the lovely cushions! Nice choice of pattern for the carpet! Love that half-open window! So trendy and it suits this kind of lot so well! Also, the art studio and the bedroom is really pretty! Off to recommend Breanne! :thumbup:
  • Options
    ScoiattoloScoiattolo Posts: 932
    edited April 2010
    Breanne, not to sound like a broken record, but WOW! You really nailed it! (Forgive the pun.) It was a real pleasure to see your work.
  • Options
    FreynasFreynas Posts: 1,289 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Ok! I am sitting here for more than 40 minutes trying to write something that will do justice to your building but I can’t find the appropriate words for it. Sorry!
    It just looks perfect. Every single detail, it’s perfect. It is P E R F E C T inside and out!!!!
    I don’t want just the bedroom, I want everything. Wow! Thank you for uploading this lot.
    Do I need to mention that I gave you a rec that this building is in my favorite list and that I downloaded it?
  • Options
    StyxLadyStyxLady Posts: 2,271 Member
    edited April 2010
    Wow, this is amazing! Love it lots! Can you share some of your "starter" secrets for keeping the costs down? :)
  • Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Yay! It's here! *does the happy dance* hapydancsmil.gif What a breathtaking loft! The beautiful structure of the house.. the rich, deep, soulful colors used on the interiors.. the gorgeously understated landscaping.. how can I possibly not love this build <3 *swoons* smiley-sick014.gif Heading over to download, rec and fav!
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi Bree
    :shock: This is just stunning. Bree it exudes warmth the brick colour the black accents and the rich browns a little sanctury in a city. I left a rec :D
  • Options
    SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited April 2010
    Wow Bree, the design is perfect for a city girl. And the bricks everywhere makes it look very nice. I will give this a deserving recommendation :) All those CCs makes it look more realistic. I hope TS3 Store will provide us those kind of items :)
  • Options
    MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited April 2010
    Breanne, this place is stunning! :shock: Love all your little nooks and crannies built into this place, specially your window seating benches. Such a cool touch. Also love your color choices. Can so see a trendy city girl artist living here. And your exteriors... WOW!! The elevation changes, the two tones, the fencing on top, the landscaping. Perfection. All the pancakes you desire. Lol. DRF coming your way.
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited April 2010
    WOW that is an amazing lot I don't know if I am going to enter now lol yours is so beautiful.

rofl I hope your entry is advanced lol
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wow! Thanks so much for all the lovely comments, everyone! It's so nice to come back to them...you've all made my day!

Yanti: Yanti, you always have such sweet things to say. I'm so glad to hear that you like this build. Thanks so much for commenting! :D

Scoiattolo: Lol, thanks so much Scoiattolo! That's so nice of you to say! :D

Freynas: Wow! I don't think I've smiled that big in a long time...what sweet comments! I checked out your entry as well and I think I am just as in love with yours as you are mine, lol! We must really like the same things!

StyxLady: Hi StyxLady! Thanks so much for the nice comment! Honestly, my starter tricks aren't anything too special, but they will save you a few bucks here and there and they can add up. Saving a few bucks helps a lot when you are on a budget, right?

Well, one of the things that I did with this build was something fairly simple (and isn't really a "trick") and that was to make the spaces on the smaller side. This helps keep the cost down and will allow you to furnish the space and make it seem finished for less money.

I also used things like terrain paints to paint on the gravel driveway instead of laying down tiles. I used terrain paints to make the landscaping a bit more interesting, since there was less of it as I didn't want to spend too much money on that and terrain paints are free.

I also did things like use carpet for some of my rugs (way cheaper than an actual rug) and CAS'd it so that it would look similar to a rug. The only downside to this is that you can't move or adjust the carpeting like you can a rug.

In addition, I used pool walls for all my walls since it is the cheapest walling. I laid down a square of pool and cloned the wall. Then I just CAS'd the wall to what I wanted and used that throughout the interior and the exterior, getting rid of the square of pool of course when I was done with it. You can save several hundred dollars by doing this depending on how much walling you need.

I also used some CC throughout this build, but it didn't have a huge impact upon the overall price of the house as I was choosing many pieces that were similar in price to base game items that I would have normally used, sometimes even a bit more expensive. I did save some money on the decor items, which were a bit cheaper.

Just a few little tricks...nothing too special, but it all adds up and helps out.

Lulu: Yay! Thanks so much Lulu! You're such a sweetie!

Folly: Thank you so much Folly! What a nice image...a little sanctuary in the city! I like that! :D

Meestor: Lol! Yay! All the pancakes I want! Thanks Meestor...for the pancakes and the sweet comments and DRF!

jacqpinks: Lol, thanks jacqpinks! I saw your entry as well...It was wonderful! You've done a fantastic job on it. I looked for a showcase thread, but couldn't find one, so I'll comment on yours here instead, lol! :D
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi there Bree, Came back to say that your Sunnyside Industrial Loft is going in my favourite folder! Still looking gorgeous! :D Good luck for the challenge! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Awww...thanks so much Yanti! :oops: You really are too sweet!
  • Options
    TamlynTamlyn Posts: 295 Member
    edited April 2010
    Oh my... I want that bedroom. The rest of the house is lovely, I'm sure, but I'm afraid I'm not seeing it at all because I'm too distracted by the bedroom! :P

*mentally rearranging it to make it suitable for two people*

I have no idea why it's made such an impact on me, but it has!
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited April 2010
    it is absoulutely stunning! I love the whole urban/industrial theme ...recd for sure! :) great work
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    sam2009sam2009 Posts: 159 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Im speechless :O!

Theres no shot of the bathroom tho, that wouldnt be because of our window dilemha aye? :lol:

anyway, i have to admit i loves it i do :D especially the kitchen and the sitting room, maybe i'll retire there in my 70's, if i ever live that long.

recommended for sure! :D
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited April 2010
    I want to move into tis loft, it looks very sophisticated - and I adore the colours, dl's and rec's Bree! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Tamlyn: Lol, I guess a lot of people are in love with that bedroom. It was one of my favorites in the house as well...too funny!

Maria Loves Alex: Thank you so much!! :D

Sam: *tsk* No, no...there are no windows at all in the bathrooms. After our last conversation, do you think I would honestly ever put windows in any of my bathrooms again? Lol, the reason why there are no bathroom shots is because of the fact that the bathrooms are very compact...the half bath downstairs is 2x2 with only a toliet and sink in it (fairly uninteresting) and the upstairs one is 2x3 with a shower, toliet, and sink in it...once again, fairly uninteresting. Come to think of it, I think I did put a large window in the one...facing the street...with no blinds...right by the sink/toliet...hmmmm...that could be interesting...

Smoky: Yay! Thanks so much Smoky!! :D
  • Options
    Jasnik82Jasnik82 Posts: 917 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Bree,

I like this lot very much, you really captured the whole city loft living really well. Gotta love that red brick! The layout of the living space is terrific.

Jasnik :)
  • Options
    ameliuh321ameliuh321 Posts: 3,767 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Ooh, this is definitely my favorite entry for the challenge. Where'd you get that new brick pattern? I'd like something like that for an apartment I plan on building. :]
  • Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited April 2010
    so glad you were able to recreate this lot bree. its such a great design and is one of my favourite styles. lofts are one of the few builds where red brick can be used with modern furniture without looks funny.

already rec'd and fave'd
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited April 2010
    Not only have I dl'd it, I put it in game and wow Bree, I love that interior and all those yummy things transferred with it. I lost a lot of cc when my puter died so I was very grateful - especially the curtains!
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Wow Bree, I LOVE this loft!!! :mrgreen: I know this is what you would consider outside your comfort zone but it's just fantastic! I love the build on the hilly ground, the shape, the textures, it is perfect! Inside certainly doesn't disappoint either, it's modern and industrial but has that magic Bree dust scattered around in the lush fabrics and colour choices. It is the simple things like the benches in the windows that add that extra specialness!

Love it DRF! :D:mrgreen: