Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunnyside Industrial Loft by BreanneStone---****See page 6 for pics****

BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
Hello everyone! I have finally gotten a chance to enter another BnS challenge and have recreated my version of Mr. McGregor's farm. If you would like more details regarding this challenge, that information can be found here:

BnS Challenge Week 43-The Tale of Peter Rabbit

When I went to create this lot, I immediately thought that an old English style farmhouse would be the most appropriate and I wanted to incorporate as many aspects from the story as I could. This was what I ended up with...

Here are a some pics from the lot:

Screenshot-2.jpg

Screenshot-26.jpg

Screenshot-19.jpg

Screenshot-28.jpg

Screenshot-29.jpg

Screenshot-33.jpg

Screenshot-72.jpg

Screenshot-43.jpg

Screenshot-39.jpg

Screenshot-65.jpg

Screenshot-35.jpg

Screenshot-54.jpg

Screenshot-47.jpg

Screenshot-51.jpg

NOTE: I wanted to give credit to SimEve for the idea behind the arched cooking area that you see in the picture above. It was used in her latest lot, El Amor de Madre. Thank you Evie!!

There are many more pictures of the lot (interior, as well as exterior), as well as a short story to go along with them. If you would like to see all of the pics and see the entry itself, it can be found here on my webpage:

McGregor Farm Pictures and Story

If you would like to download this lot, it can be found here:

The Old McGregor Farm

Lot Information:
Size: 60x60
Furnished Price: 129,550
Unfurnished Price: 97,529
Store Items: No
3rd Party CC: Yes (TSR, Around the Sims 3)-All transferrable
Expansion Packs Needed: WA

I hope you enjoy my entry as much as I enjoyed making it! :D

---Bree

Comments

• ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited April 2010
    You already know I love this lot, Bree...but I will say it again! :D Love the warm country feel of the place and the landscape feels so natural..just perfect. Stellar work. Already rec'd and downloaded. :D
  • Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited April 2010
    BEAUTIFUL!! These are one of my favorite types of houses, Thanks for sharing your work..downloaded and rec'd! :)
  • BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Ruthy: Awww...thanks so much Ruthy! You know I was thinking about you the whole time I was building this. I was thinking, "How would Ruthy make this thing cute and storybookish?" I was thinking about Alli too and her pretty landscaping, lol.

Sgizzle09: Thanks so much for the sweet comment! They are definitely one of my favorite lots as well to play and to build. I think in another life I lived in an old English cottage...That must be why I love them so much. :D I'm so glad you like it and hope you enjoy it! :D
  • AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I just love this Bree, it has been too long since we have seen your beautiful work on the exchange! It's just perfect, old world - charm mixed with you meticulous eye for detail. I love how you have combined the rough stome with the natural worn woods without it looking basic. the soft tones you have used throughout the interior. :D

The outside is just stunning, the worn paths, the planting, the pond, and the potting shed!! I love it all and its going to live in my favourites, bunnies and all!

DRF! :mrgreen:
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2010
    LOVE it Breanne! I already left a comment on your website! Beautiful landscaping and gorgeous interiors! I love your attention to details! For example, the cutting board and the nuts casually lying on the kitchen table, adds that special touch to the build! Love all the rooms! Already recommended your lot too! :thumbup:
    edited April 2010
    Forgot to say I loved the washing line Bree, do you remember where it comes from? :)
  • GeorgefPlayGeorgefPlay Posts: 4,459 Member
    edited April 2010
    Awesome!I love it!
    It looks very natural! :wink:

EDIT:
    I rec'd it!
    edited April 2010
    Alli: Awww...thanks so much Alli! I really love this style of build and I always have so much fun creating them. The washline is a new download from ATS3. They have a complete washroom set now and that was one of the items from it. I thought it was perfect for an old farmhouse...lol...right next to the outhouse. :lol:

Yanti: Thank you so much! I love playing around with the details in my builds and creating a certain atmosphere. I think that I spend so much time just doing that, that could very well be the reason I never actually get anything done and up, lol! I'm going to have to sneak over to my page and check out your comment. That was very sweet of you do! :D

George: Thanks for the nice comments and rec! I'm glad you like it! :D
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited April 2010
    Bree, I love this! The exterior is lovely, love the use of stone both inside and outside, it ties together this build perfectly. The arch above the stoves is lovely, the entire kitchen is awesome. The build is so filled with great details, great job! Rec'd and fav'd! :D
    edited April 2010
    Thanks Linday! That kitchen ended up being one of my favorite parts of this build when I was done with it...I love old fashioned farmhouse kitchens and thinking about all the yummy things that come out of them, lol! :D
  • SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited April 2010
    Bree- If I haven't already said this- you are the master of atmosphere. Everyone has their biggest strength and I would have to say yours is atmosphere. You make your lots seem as if they are pulled right out of reality. This farm is so quaint and charming and rustic that it just looks real to me. I love it! You always amaze me with this. Every little detail is perfect imo, and I know that you work hard to make it that way! Dl, Rec and fav!
    edited April 2010
    Thanks Bree! <3
    edited April 2010
    Evie: Thanks Evie! That is such a wonderful compliment and your sweet words are very much appreciated! I love the way that certain places make me feel and it is fun to try to recreate those feeling using the game. :D

Alli: You're welcome! :D
    edited April 2010
    That's exactly why it's so real. You recreate how it makes you feel. Very important, imo. You are creating an atmosphere which uses all of the senses and you somehow translate that to a game where only a few senses can be used. But you trick us into thinking we can smell and touch and hear all of the sounds there.
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi BreanneStone
    I love the cottage and farm builds with this challenge they are my favourite.
    Bree what a great little farm it has such a tranquil feel about it.Left a rec. :thumbup:
    edited April 2010
    Follyfoot: Thank you for the kind words and the rec! I'm glad you like it! :D

Evie: It makes me happy to hear you say that! Thanks so much! :D
    edited April 2010
    Totally agree with Evie! This gem is a perfect example of Bree magic! :)
    edited April 2010
    Lol, thank you Alli! I don't know how to do the fancy smilies over here, so you'll just have to settle with a mental "hug" smilie. :D
    edited April 2010
    Go to this site http://www.21softs.com/emoticons/ or any other and copy the url of the smily you want and make it an image here. Like this but take out the asterisks![img*]http://www.21softs.com/emoticons/images/pile.gif[/img*]
    pile.gif
  • SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited April 2010
    Loving the house Bree. Lovely feel to it and the gardens are very farmy bordering on cottage garden... perfect for peter rabbit :)
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
    edited April 2010
    LOanimals_bunny2.gifK Bree! :D

Magic!
    edited April 2010
    Evie: That's a neat trick...thanks! daisy.gif Hehe...I had to check it out...

Sparkle: Thanks so much Sparkle!

Alli: Lol!!
  • MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited April 2010
    Wow Breanne! Another absolutely gorgeous, gorgeous lot for this BnS challenge. Agree completely about all the "atmosphere" compliments too. You da master! :o) I don't have one of those new, twisty, turning, super cool, smilies to emphasize that with though. Lol. Just old school. :o)

Where was I? Awesome build! Sooooo many cool touches everywhere! Loved your story too. Off to do the whole DRF thing.
    edited April 2010
    Thanks so much Meester for the wonderful comments! You really are too sweet! I always enjoy hearing from you... :D I'm very glad that you like it!
  • bradrigobradrigo Posts: 1,495 New Member
    edited April 2010
    What a Beautiful lot, Bree.
    Your attention to high detail has really paid off! Good luck with the competition.