Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Bachelor

Comments

• Options
    userginousergino Posts: 2,150 Member
    edited March 2010
    hey lola wuz up heres my simself btw do we hav to make the house
    Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1949132
  • Options
    LolalandLolaland Posts: 3,288
    edited March 2010
    Whoa, that was fast. I saw you had a party, I was just to lazy to post anything XD
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    btw I saw the pic of the bachelor n he looks very cute
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Heh, thanks, I finally learned how to use CC
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    u remember that show I tried out 4 I dont remember if it was ur show or someone elses and I didnt make it and u told me to get CC on her that people would like her more tell me how my simself looks with CC
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    She looks gorgeous!!!
  • Options
    Skip45Skip45 Posts: 19,876 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Hello! This seems really cool! Oh, and what traits can she not have.....? And whens the deadline? I wanna make one :) OH! One more question, do we need to give you her background history or anything?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    thanks Im so glad I found out how to get CC and do we hav to make the house
  • Options
    KelleD014KelleD014 Posts: 2,829 New Member
    edited March 2010
    SimManiac already has a contest pretty much exactly like this. And he started it awhile ago...

btw what is up with the 3 different threads of this?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You do not need to make a house, only for those who are more skillfull in house-making than in sim-making (I'm better at sim-making), I'll be glad to make the house myself.

The traits are listed on the first post, but I'm happy to repeat them:

TRAITS: Charasmatic, Childish, Friendly, Athletic, and Virtuoso
  • Options
    ameliuh321ameliuh321 Posts: 3,767 New Member
    edited March 2010
    KelleD014 wrote:
    SimManiac already has a contest pretty much exactly like this. And he started it awhile ago...

er...lolaland? you gonna respond to this or what?
  • Options
    Skip45Skip45 Posts: 19,876 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Oh! Opps, sorry I didn't see them! I will probably have a contestant in tomorrow afternoon.... :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    @KelleD014: you do know it dosnt matter what the title is as long as its not doing the same thing SimManiac is doing a modeling compotion this is a show not a modeling compotition
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    KelleD014 wrote:

Many people have this sort of contest, I'm just making it on a different site, and I have different threads because the others were glitchy. The main reason for this contest, is because I miss all the contests that shut down that I was in.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ameliuh321 wrote:
    KelleD014 wrote:

er...lolaland? you gonna respond to this or what?

@ameliuh - lol you say that is if i am blowing up in her face.

@lolaland - ive only see 3 of these types of contests so i dont know what you are talking about many people having this sort or contest..

and if the other threads were glitchy you should at least edit them to say that they were a mistake or whatever
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I can't edit them, that's part of the page breaking.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    hmm ok than....another point for EA and their crappy web team then? lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Exactly. I already went on SimManiac's forum and asked for permission... They seem like totally different subjects.
  • Options
    KyrstenAKyrstenA Posts: 1,893 Member
    edited March 2010
    Hey, I don't care if the idea's already been taken or whatever :) There are a million of the same type of modeling threads, so I really don't see what the big deal is, anyway...

But I would like to compete if it's okay :) I'll jump on making a sim right now. I haven't made a girl in so long, I'm really excited to. I don't think I'm gonna make a house, just cuz it's finals and my last paper's due tomorrow, so really I shouldn't even be doing this right now either, but whatev...

Okay, anyway, brb :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thanks!
  • Options
    SimManiacSimManiac Posts: 1,320 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Lolaland wrote:
    Exactly. I already went on SimManiac's forum and asked for permission... They seem like totally different subjects.
    When exactly did I give you permission? Whats the point in you asking if your just going to go through with it anyways? I worked long and hard to find an origional idea and then you ask for permission, i dont answer, and you STILL make a forum for it
  • Options
    mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,042 Member
    edited March 2010
    SimManiac wrote:
    Lolaland wrote:
    When exactly did I give you permission? Whats the point in you asking if your just going to go through with it anyways? I worked long and hard to find an origional idea and then you ask for permission, i dont answer, and you STILL make a forum for it

not to be rude, but i have seen other Bachelor comps before you posted yours. I saw them and even entered in one waaaay before the forums got a revamp.
  • Options
    RepulsiveDesire1RepulsiveDesire1 Posts: 3,226
    edited March 2010
    I understand the frustration. These things have happened before and they are going to continue to happen. Yo many think you have an original idea but it turns out someone else has thought of it before you. It can't be helped. You just have to hope that you make your idea slightly different and a bit more original then the ones that came before you. Good luck.
  • Options
    KyrstenAKyrstenA Posts: 1,893 Member
    edited March 2010
    I have three that you can choose from if you want :)

Kendel is the one I made today:

1zbxleh.jpg
    14n0i05.jpg
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2120088

I used to think that Anabella was a lot prettier than I think she is now, haha, but here she is:

2dl1zbl.jpg
    212ac7t.jpg
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2120087

And I used to think Maggie was really pretty too. Her makeup is crazy. feel free to change it if you want to, haha.

xf867q.jpg
    v7qzbs.jpg
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2120086

Hope you like them :)

So, would I have to take pictures, etc? Or are you just kinda telling a story?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thank you, and plus, the 1st bachelor show I saw was 'Bloke and his Ladies' it was my favorite, and I use to think people copied from that. But I let it go. It's always going to be like this, one person comes up with a idea, another person comes up with the same idea, and so on. Also, the only similarity between our 2 contests is that it's about a young man searching for love in a group for women. To avoid future confusion, I'll show you the plot.

1) Narrow down the 7 ladies and download them
    2) Puts them all in a house, and I have ALL CONTROL OVER THEM
    3) Takes Pics of what happens in my game
    4) Converts them into stories

I was trying to be nice. But now, you guys are getting on my nerves. You guys can't stop me. You can report me, but I wouldn't care would I? Plus the chance of me canceling this is getting higher and higher.

And KrystenA, I will be telling the story, I will be controlling your sims actions unless they do it free-willingly.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top