Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PARIS, France. Landmarks included... (Maps, pics and progress details) (UPDATED: MAR 31 pag 7)

Comments

• Options
    rambleramble Posts: 70 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Wow, I bet this world is going to be amazing when it's finished! At times like these I wish I had World Adventures, as well,not only the base game.
  • Options
    derykrenalnderykrenaln Posts: 538 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Ooo la la! Tres magnifique. Merci! (I just had to to get in the feeling for this world!)

Wow, this looks amazing! I've been to Paris twice and what you've got done so far looks very authentic, for what you have to work with that is.

I've bookmarked this thread and look forward to the updates and eventual release of Paris, France!

Viva la France! Je t'aime (<3) Paris!
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited March 2010
    Hows the world coming along MarionoP? We haven't heard from you in a while. Just looking forward to it :)
  • Options
    MayincaMayinca Posts: 2 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Hi Mariano, I've waited for something like this for long. is a lot of work and many people are immersed in similar projects. Mosquino98 from ModTheSims is asking for help, you might be interested
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=394038
  • Options
    MeMeMommyMeMeMommy Posts: 56
    edited March 2010
    Quick Question! Do I need World Adventures (WA) to play your world? Because I loaded someone elses world and all of the neat original or whatever they were items did not load in my world and put other things in it's place or not at all.
    I totally want to get the full experience so let me know if I should buy WA!
    Love I idea always wanted to go to Paris.
  • Options
    tootsootootsoo Posts: 863 Member
    edited March 2010
    WOW :shock:! I hope you succeed in this big project. Good Luck.
  • Options
    ConnorJConnorJ Posts: 159
    edited March 2010
    I'm bumping, I love the idea and can't wait!
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited March 2010
    Wow, bandwidth permitting, I HAVE to download this when you've finished. Paris is my favourite city in the world, I try and go as often as I can. Your world is truly amazing.

It's such a shame you can't make the Eiffel Tower sparkle like it does in real life though, it's beautiful.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    MirageofChaosMirageofChaos Posts: 22 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Any updates?
  • Options
    MarianoPMarianoP Posts: 207 Member
    edited March 2010
    Hey...
    I´m here again... I was very busy with college and cannot find the time to post...
    About the WA factor, yes it is needed for the world...

About the Paris city of the Mod The Sims forum I must say: ITS AWESOME, INCREDIBLE, BEAUTIFUL and heavily more complex than my city... Love it...

That guy is a really experienced builder (not my case, lol), but I notice that the city uses mod elements, and custom created objects. My intention is to build a city with elements of the base game and WA ONLY, absolutely free of any mods or custom content.

The final products would be really different, that city will be a masterpiece, mine a simpler version of Paris.

Updates soon. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    siimoneeeesiimoneeee Posts: 33
    edited March 2010
    you think yu have been outshone? believe me yu have no idea. i tried to make paris and it took me forever and it looked awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i should have left it to the professionals like you!! asome cant wait till it is up for downloading!!! Woohooo! lolol
  • Options
    meli36meli36 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Well, well, don´t be so modest, you are truly an artist, I already bookmarked your topic and waiting, stalking, can hardly wait for release date :wink::mrgreen:
  • Options
    MurfMurf Posts: 369 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I've found a lot of people have been coming up with ideas for worlds that someone else already came up with, this will continue to happen cause CAW is young, therefore people should just continue on for the much needed world-building experience. There could be ten versions of Paris someday but that just means more options for downloaders.

So don't worry about being outdone. The important thing is you create something you're proud of and get credit for and experience from. I know there will be many people who will prefer to get this version. I'll be watching BOTH threads but that's just me.

• Options
    2329s2329s Posts: 60
    edited March 2010
    omg looks amazing, very realistic cant wait til its uploaded!!:)
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited March 2010
    IM glad to hear that your still interested in working on this. I was beginning to feel like it may have been abandoned.
    Personaly, I would like a version that has no CC at all. I refuse to put that stuff into my game, when I know i have to take it all back out again whenever an update or new EP comes out... how annoying..
    anyhoo. Im SOO looking forward to your world, and if you ever need any french buildings or houses made, Im available! :)
  • Options
    MomSonSimFunMomSonSimFun Posts: 486 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I really love the looks of your Paris so far! If you want to give the Louvre a try, I figured out how to make glass pyramids like the one at the Louvre. I'll be uploading a tutorial soon.
  • Options
    I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited March 2010
    Your doing a fantastic job...cannot wait for the end result! :D
  • Options
    siimoneeeesiimoneeee Posts: 33
    edited March 2010
    HII!! Awsome Work!! im not sure if anyone has said this but yu can actually download the Louvre museum from the sims resource! its looks amazing! like the real thing
  • Options
    EddemEddem Posts: 105
    edited March 2010
    MarianoP wrote:
    (...)My intention is to build a city with elements of the base game and WA ONLY, absolutely free of any mods or custom content.

The final products would be really different, that city will be a masterpiece, mine a simpler version of Paris.
    I like your attitude, thats the same way I did my Paris. For as many people as possible can play the neighborhood without having the trouble of first downloading several hours before being able to play.
    And I like your version of Paris so far. Please go on, for it will be something very creative and special. It will be what no one else could do: YOUR view of Paris.
    Hope you finish it an share it with us!

Greetings to Buenos Aires, Argentina from Cologne, Germany
    Eddem
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thank God you are not doing custome content, I started having problems with my computer and had to uninstall and it turned out I had a lot of stull downloaded. So Now I'm really weary, it all looks so cute and harmless, but u never know what you are getting....
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    opps that was custom and stuff! Sorry typo
  • Options
    goligy08goligy08 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited March 2010
    its gonna take alot of time to complete

did you make a video on youtube for this cos i was watching one yesterday which look just like this :roll:
  • Options
    ZessinnaZessinna Posts: 117 Member
    edited March 2010
    My goodness! This is amazing! When I got the Sims 3 and heard about the World Adventures having France, but not being able to visit the Eiffel Tower, I was very disappointed, though after aimlessly looking around on this site, I happen to find YOU! :D
    Someone that is making a huge effort to make the actual city of Paris! I am looking forward to the finished product of this world! :D

My French teacher has told my class many things about how Paris is set up, and many things that he has said are part of what you are doing. Well I guess that would be the case because you are using an actual map of Paris! :D

I am looking forward to this world! :)
  • Options
    MarianoPMarianoP Posts: 207 Member
    edited March 2010
    Hey everyone...

First of all: DreamInCompany, THANKS A LOT FOR THE GIFT! I loved it! You´re awesome.

Now I´ll try to answer the questions on the previous posts, I´ll try to not forget anyone...
    did you make a video on youtube for this cos i was watching one yesterday which look just like this

No, that´s not me... :?:
    I like your attitude, thats the same way I did my Paris. For as many people as possible can play the neighborhood without having the trouble of first downloading several hours before being able to play.
    And I like your version of Paris so far. Please go on, for it will be something very creative and special. It will be what no one else could do: YOUR view of Paris.
    Hope you finish it an share it with us!

Greetings to Buenos Aires, Argentina from Cologne, Germany
    Eddem

Hello Eddem, I downloaded your Paris and happy playing it... Very beautiful, congrats (I know the effort that building A PARIS would take, lol).
    Enjoying your houses too... :D:D
    HII!! Awsome Work!! im not sure if anyone has said this but yu can actually download the Louvre museum from the sims resource! its looks amazing! like the real thing

I know about the LOUVRE of TSR, and absolutely love it, but I´m not sure about the CC that was used to build it... so I´ll not add it.
    Actually, I´m thinking about of letting the lot empty for the ones that want to install the LOUVRE of TSR or finding someone who builds a new version (because I´m sure I can´t do it... There´s no way I can pull it off)
    I really love the looks of your Paris so far! If you want to give the Louvre a try, I figured out how to make glass pyramids like the one at the Louvre. I'll be uploading a tutorial soon.

That would be great!!! Please post it here when the tutorial is ready...
    Anyway, I´ll not even try to replicate the LOUVRE (I´ll end up insane if I do it), but the tutorial will be useful for the person who would be interested in give it a try...(maybe you? lol).
    IM glad to hear that your still interested in working on this. I was beginning to feel like it may have been abandoned.

I will definitely complete Paris... I give my word.
    So don´t feel abandoned... I´M STILL HERE.

In a couple of hours I will update with new pictures... so be patient.
    Also I would like to say that I´ve been playing with the city about a month now and it works perfectly (it´s almost empty, so there´s zero lagging, but I CAN ASSURE YOU there´s no routing problems, road connection problems nor road tearing of ANY KIND or any other problem whatsoever).

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited March 2010
    MarianoP wrote:
    I will definitely complete Paris... I give my word.
    So don´t feel abandoned... I´M STILL HERE.

Admittedly I too was a little worried you might have been drifting away from the project, though I realise it is an immense undertaking, and of course, people have RL responsibilities.
    I'm so glad though to see you posting, and to read the above, because this is one world I am really waiting for.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding