Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Writer's Hangout (The Original) A Place to Share Stories and Hangout!!

Comments

• Options
    DustyDreamerDustyDreamer Posts: 1,569 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Chapter 5 is out! ^^

Thanks in advance for reading!
  • Options
    SwishStarSwishStar Posts: 392 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I am definitely sniffling at the Sims Story Creator thing. I am really happy to be able to use all the online stuff because on Sims 2 I had borrowed my friend's copy- hence no registration to be a full member on the exchange, etc. I just wish I could upload my pictures so I could create stories! It makes me very depressed. >.>

Oh dear, dear Princesschinchilla...

You could always use blog sites =D And post here on the forum (And this thread) The link to your story. <3

^_^ I actually liked the sims 2 story board better o_o there wasn't much bicker, it was mainly stories and awesomeness of awesomeness. o_o

Now, is it that you can't upload your pictures because the story creator is being a pain in the hoo-ha?

But yeah, you should try wordpress or any other site that allows you to use a blog or post something. I use piczo because I like the lay out and its very easy to use.
    wordpress, for me, is kind of confusing XD

But, if you need any help or anything just ask any one of us ^_^ we are very open and we don't bite.
    XD
    Or if you are just looking for stories or story related talk just post here. Like I said, we are all open and friendly.
    ^_^
    hope you understood what I said XD and if it wasn't what you were looking for, then ... my bad. >.>
    XD

Swishy

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Posted a new update on Kyrie's Eyes

Go read!
    Go read!!
    Go read!!!

• Options
    LufferkinzLufferkinz Posts: 2,600 New Member
    edited February 2010
    SwishStar I have a complaint, and it's about your story!

What happened to Evergreen? It was really coming on strong. And then you deleted it. :?
  • Options
    Greengirl7783Greengirl7783 Posts: 32
    edited February 2010
    @Dusty - Thanks for reading LUK, I'm glad you enjoyed. And I'm also glad you liked the picture of Liesel too, I couldn't help but put it in even though I knew storymaker would botch it. And though I somehow missed your story before *head-desk* I'm really enjoying it. :) I like how you make little picture collages instead of just putting single pictures. Keep up the smashing work!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lufferkinz wrote:
    SwishStar I have a complaint, and it's about your story!

What happened to Evergreen? It was really coming on strong. And then you deleted it. :?

To put it simply, I had to do everything all over again and I wasn't ready to rebuild, re write and re make everything. Sorry to disappoint you
    D:
    I know a lot of people liked it a lot, but I couldn't continue it. x.x gomenasai.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Princesschinchilla: What Swishstar said!
    I have been having problems with the story board since the first time I used it and decided (reluctantly) to use an offsite blog. But now I recommend people to get offsite blogs for their stories..its easy and whats nice is that the pictures are not totally destroyed by the crappy Story board quality. :/

Greengirl: It wasnt botched too badly which is nice. ^^ I like that LUX is a totally different story, I dont know where its going and thats keeping me interested cause I wanna know more! XP

Aww..thank you for taking the time to read!! Im glad you liked!! ^^ Gives me inspiration to continue with the story. ^^
    I take alot of pictures and I always think that one picture cant capture exactly what is happening..sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. I just like putting alot of images up. XDDD
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Updating my game is taking forever @_@ Arg!

Anyways, We will see if I'll have chapter 2 tonight =D

I have to cook dinner this evening (oh well) so my time may be cut short (I must be to bed by 10:00 PM or else. XD) Yes, yes, I am almost 20 and I have a bed time.

Its part of my lifestyle :3
  • Options
    PrincessChinchillaPrincessChinchilla Posts: 66 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Gods, I swear... One thing I really love about the forum here on Sims 3 is how wonderful everyone I've met is. I know according to the grapevines there are some bad seeds on here, but so far I've only come across really great people.

Thank you all for the good advice. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    @Dusty - You and me both! (About wanting to know more.) I kind of let the story flow as I make it, with a vague outline. XD But I'm currently writing a mini-story from a series about the others in Niveus Regnum, which I hope I can put out for V-Day since it's a 'love' story... Of sorts. I'm only hoping put it out before we actually meet the girl because it ties into V-Day. So fingers crossed.
  • Options
    VeraVera Posts: 218 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Holy crap I'm so behind now! Well now that I finished that thing that was due this week, I can catch up on my reading... :D

In the mean time, here's another Solace wallpaper for fans of Lily:

Solace Downloads

Hope you like it.
  • Options
    TW1996TW1996 Posts: 281 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Hiya Everyone!! I managed to finally get a heir poll out, but the thing is though is that I can't get the poll to show on the page yet last time I did one it showed automatically. Please help me!! I'm having a mini-breakdown :? !!
  • Options
    nurse11031nurse11031 Posts: 1,756 New Member
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Greengirl: OO! Sounds like you have alot planned (or sketched out)!! Im looking forward to the mini story, I like getting ideas of the people around the main character. *Crosses fingers too* :)

Vera: Lily looks all professional in her wallpaper, it looks awesome! ^^

TW1996: How are you hosting the poll? Via poll daddy(Or another website) or does the blog site have its own poll?

Nurse; Great update! Comment left on the site. ^^
  • Options
    TW1996TW1996 Posts: 281 New Member
    edited February 2010
    DD, just so you know I have PollDaddy but still can't get it to work so you'll just have to comment on my post to vote now, then I'll just keep a tally here in fact I've made my vote already so I'll show the tally today...

Benvolio: I
    William:
    Kate:

If you were wondering why I had a mini-breakdown I'll tell you the truth. I have mild OCD and am like a perfectionist to the extreme. OCD just makes me want to check loads of things (which isn't really that bad) and have to make sure everything is alright and that poll put me on edge.

I'm alright thnough now and have calmed down and also have a day off to relax and do some sims, it's kind of like a day where you find out your grades/levels.
  • Options
    audge2041audge2041 Posts: 649 New Member
    edited February 2010
    My poor legacy is neglected... I hate how the storyboard is sorted by views. The ones on the first page that everyone sees are just what everyone has already seen, you know? Anyway, check out my legacy if you want!

Ch 1: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=169829

Ch 2: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=170536
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thanks Dusty, it's nice to know that someone likes my work! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tw1996: Ah, I see...I know what you mean. I dont think Im OCD, but Im a real perfectionist when it comes to my stuff..I like everything organized. If somethings out of order it will bother me until I fix it. >.x It can be a pain.

Check Benvolio for me too. ^^

Audge: Lolz, you first line made me laugh already,
    "Attention Veronica Parker!
    Ver: God?"
    Give me a minute to read the chapters you have out and Ill leave some feedback. <33
    I wish that the story board wasnt organized in that way either. :/

EDIT: I really like your legacy so far Audge! Its got alot of humor to it. ^^ Keep it up and dont be a stranger, post here when you have a new chapter up! :)

Greengirl: No problem <33
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just as a little tidbit, heres the mini-icon & 521 for Mary's Story-Poison Love.
    hvpg13.jpg
    2mg6x6s.png
    I'm hoping to finish taking pictures tommorrow, depends on how many movies I see. (They all have to come out on the same day! ;P)
  • Options
    Rika701Rika701 Posts: 2,107 Member
    edited February 2010
    DustyDreamer, I left a comment for the latest chapter of Love the Hard Way on your page :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Greengirl: Looking nice! ^^

Rika: Okie dokey! Thank you for taking time to read. <333

On the same note, Chapter 6 is up! I want to finish Love the hard way so Ill be pumping out chapters faster. XD Ive got a horror story brewing that I cant wait to get started on. 0w0
  • Options
    dlegrowdlegrow Posts: 347 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Hey all, I'm just leaving a really quick comment before bed...

Vera, your wallpapers look fantastic. I have the first one up right now since it is so close to Valentine's day and the two of them are in love. <3

TW, to add a poll in WordPress, you need to go into the "edit post" or "edit page" section (depending if you use blog posts or just add pages) and along the top there should be a button that allows you to add the poll to it. (Just hover over to see what each button does and you should be able to find it!) After that, you should be able to select the poll you want and viola! Make sure you "update" and give the page about 5 minutes before you look at it. (It takes longer to load because it goes through PollDaddy, I think.) Hopefully that works!

Have a good night everyone.
    Sorry I'm not up for reading tonight. :(
  • Options
    nurse11031nurse11031 Posts: 1,756 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Snow day in MISSISSIPPI!! Can expect up to 11in IN MISSISSIPPI. 🐸🐸🐸🐸@?!?!?! Anyway if I'm not on for a day or snow.. we got snowed in.. SO EXCITED!!! :)
  • Options
    PrincessChinchillaPrincessChinchilla Posts: 66 New Member
    edited February 2010
    *shifty eyes* Hey Guys, I've been working on a site/blog to host my stories and stuff. Whenever I get everything online, I'll post it up! <3
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    @Dusty - Well lovely chapter... In a way. :( Now I'm curious!

@Nurse - Aren't snow days the best? :D