Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Urban Homage and Party Essentials Official Screenshot Thread!

Β«13
EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,346 EA Community Manager
Sul Sul!

In case you missed it, we officially announced our next 2 kits today and only today.

Yep, April 10th was the first time anyone heard of these 2 brand new kits πŸ‘€

hqbx9w96ajxj.png

The Sims 4: Urban Homage
A CAS kit curated by the one and only Ebonix alongside the team at Maxis, become the ultimate virtual style icon with the Urban Homage kit! Featuring a bold, personal style calling back to a time near and dear to her heart.

fof4l9xvsxsx.png

The Sims 4: Party Essentials
Party time! This Build/Buy kit has all the trimmings needed to get ANY party started with customizable and crucial dΓ©cor. So throw on your best party outfit and gather around the punchbowl to make new friends, or dance all night under a mesmerizing and colorful disco ball!

5a0tyvpr28iw.png

Read more on EA.com
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I can't wait for both of these.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 705 Member
    Too many crop tops for me.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,911 Member
    edited April 11
    Urban Homage: looks like they just knocked together a crop top kit to annoy @Simmingal
    Party Essentials: ok this could be fun if the punch bowl is a functional item? that plus the new wall speaker and stereo AND fog machine would make it worth the $5 for me easy

(ok yes, I remember the 2000s and everyone wore a lot of crop tops then, plus those drop-waisted jeans, so it does fit the period)

(but still)

• Options
    Surprise no one is excited about the new nose piercing coming in the cas kit.
  • Options
    Urban Homage: looks like they just knocked together a crop top kit to annoy @Simmingal
    Party Essentials: ok this could be fun if the punch bowl is a functional item? that plus the new wall speaker and stereo AND fog machine would make it worth the $5 for me easy

(ok yes, I remember the 2000s and everyone wore a lot of crop tops then, plus those drop-waisted jeans, so it does fit the period)

(but still)

I'm betting the punch bowl is functional cause the one in one of those stuffpacks is.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,968 Member
    edited April 11

(but still)
    As much as I cry plasma at mention of more croptops I'll forgive them this once because there is fairy croptop

next time, might not be so lucky πŸ‘πŸ‘
    *sends ominous vibes towards croptop team*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,130 Member
    Yipee!! B)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited April 12
    A lot of that urban stuff is a lot of stuff I have through CC. There's a LOT of crop tops like wow. Disappointment once again with the ratio of female to male clothing.

I'm not really getting Urban vibes in the least with the pack. Got more of that feel from The Urbz.

The party pack? Looked like something that could have been a part of another pack.

Only thing of interest is the new record player set. Some more hard pass with these packs.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    BearyBryBearyBry Posts: 88 Member
    Find myself feeling very 'meh' about both kits, if they're ever made free I might go for one but don't see myself parting with any money to own them.
  • Options
    Way cool. I can't wait to see some screenshots.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,611 Member
    Party Essentials looks like fun. My Sims do enjoy throwing parties, after all. Not into crop tops so much.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited April 18
    Nice:

nRiWB3o.png?1

Even nicer:

bAOWYQd.png?1

qcQihcC.png

GP0Xuuw.png

N8c7Kl6.png
    Post edited by alanmichael1 on
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member

Anybody buy the party kit? All I see on the store page is 5 items and I'm not paying $5 for that.
  • Options
    Anybody buy the party kit? All I see on the store page is 5 items and I'm not paying $5 for that.

See my comment in the other thread here please :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,188 Member
    No time to party but my favorite landlord is sporting the latest urban garden outfit ( at least he finally got out of the pool)

qc3C1zM.png
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    EA_Cade wrote: Β»

Thank you. You made a sale. :)
  • Options
    edited April 18
    EA_Cade wrote: Β»

Thank you. You made a sale. :)

Ahem. @SimGuruNinja ☝☝

Obligatory:
    wsLvtE6.png
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,345 Member
    edited April 18
    The best swatches are always hidden, never shown in the promo material. Like, how adorable is this:

58434960186e606b5bdea07e0032473bc1907230.pnj

Unfortunately the sim I discovered it on wouldn't want to be caught dead wearing this. (I'll show what they picked instead later, when I'm done with the full household.)

Here's another instant fav:

59f517e5034c01b5892da13f20045f9ed26a08f9.pnj
  • Options
    The best swatches are always hidden, never shown in the promo material. Like, how adorable is this:

58434960186e606b5bdea07e0032473bc1907230.pnj

Paging @Gordy.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited April 18
    Will post pics shortly, but some thoughts:

-Really like the headscarf, the pants with the crosstitch (is that what it's called??) on the side, the rings, jewelry, the new shoes, and the butterfly top. The butterfly top is especially adorable.

-The tie-dye looking "shirt" isn't a shirt, but like a unitard/romper piece that I feel like should've been more in the "outfits" section but I can see why they wanted to put it into the tops. But that was a surprise.

EDIT: Photos. These were a bit rushed, but...

8gOjQaF.png
    ex3wB13.png
    Gd83nKy.png
    QAJVhC9.png
    My favorite swatch of the headscarf. It's giving MOTHER.

T7wp20l.png
    The dude's side of things are, as normal, not as impressive. But I liked this look + that one shirt with the more African print (I forget what it's called).
    Post edited by BlueR0se on
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    I love the party kit! I was disappointed with the castle kit, but this has made up for it. So many balloons, in good swatches. I really needed it for prom and bar mitzvahs.

The urban homage has too many crop tops. But I love the hockey jersey!

I get it, crop tops are huge in real life right now. I was so excited to shop at Marshalls for the first time, but then I went in, and everything in my size was a crop top! Not a single sweater, t-shirt, blouse, or cardigan that covered to my waist! But Sims can be better than reality, right?
  • Options
    edited April 19
    Didn't get around to party kit yet
    but I made some outfits for celebrities in Get Famous using couple kit items
    Maybe now I will be slightly less offended when they steal my sims spotlight

Kayla Flemming

C5BsD6I.png
    was positively surprised that the top could be used as full body :)

Brytani Cho

gfNYh66.png
    I was kind of channeling Diva Roma tbh
    I just don't like Brytani so I figured she needed to be more extra
    love this headwrap
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    edited April 18
    BlueR0se wrote: Β»
    QAJVhC9.png
    My favorite swatch of the headscarf. It's giving MOTHER.
    Great minds think alike I too was reminded of mother I kind of want to create mother sim but the thing is I do not know how that would slot into my current save yet
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,345 Member
    The Renegades had a party at the roof of the police station:

7cbf635e8e512df25380ebf633684fb06fa1f587.pnj

3714769d373dca835a4dbcf7da4f89b408e5ad58.pnj

Donny was so nice to volunteer to wear the Emily shirt for me after Max refused to.

bea7a72e9130ff6e67e8cd3fb35fd7470c28e7ce.pnj

936598f2ae8481d864c57967c7e286ed0e8063e5.pnj

ade37270fe213af131057f4b016766232335e689.pnj

back row Morgan Fyres, Wolfgang Munch, Carlos Mendoza, Ulrike Faust
    front row Yuki Behr, Brandon Colch, Max Villareal

I thought the natural fit for this pack would be Grunge revival, but then found myself selecting pieces from the werewolves pack instead.
  • Options

I made a party while you work tiny house. I wanted to see how the items looked being used in everyday decor. Sorry it's hard to take good pictures in a 2 story 64x64 tile tiny home.
    CFUCITy.png
    Ikraq0o.png
    KcXX1wY.png
    RJKjL7M.png
    fwse36g.png
    sdfVbYn.png
    UyGtLps.png