Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did I miss it?

I've been watching the EA App for The Sims 4 Blooming Rooms to become available as a gift but haven't seen it yet. Did I miss it?

Comments

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    No, it’s still not available….It would be nice of them to give us a date.
  • Options
    ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
    I've been scouring google trying to find an estimated date but could only find posts where it's "soon" but that was over a week ago. I'm guessing it might be after backyard stuff is no longer free, they probably don't want 2 packs free at the same time.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,617 Member
    I too would like to know the date as I do not own this Kit. o:)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,579 Member
    edited April 7
    Maybe EA plan to restrict dates for free packs to the shopping cart button in order to get people to use that more / stop to mod it out?
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited April 7
    @83bienchen That would be absolutely evil! Which means you might be right. Good thing I have this kit so I can keep modding that blasted farting thing out.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 510 Member
    The offer is for PC and Mac users on the EA App, and they haven’t finished rolling the app out to Mac users yet (e.g. I haven’t yet been told to make the switch). My guess is that the kit will be on offer once all Mac users have been told to move to the app.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,023 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Maybe EA plan to restrict dates for free packs to the shopping cart button in order to get people to use that more / stop to mod it out?
    Somewhat related, but my conspiracy theory is that, one of the big reasons for the giveaways is, they want to show that people are getting packs and playing the game more because of it. They don't have to tell investors they were giving stuff for free: they just need to show that the game has tons of engagement and more people have packs.

I know that's now investment meetings go, and they'd have questions about profits and stuff. But it's fun to imagine.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    @83bienchen That would be absolutely evil! Which means you might be right. Good thing I have this kit so I can keep modding that blasted farting thing out.

Fully agree with you, upgrading 'might' to 'probably'. Why else would it be there in the first place?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,682 Member
    Ha, re the shopping cart. I'm back gaming after a couple weeks out of town. Now I realize I did not even notice the shopping cart. I don't need it and I won't use it as I prefer shopping before running my game in order to remove mods and check the new content in a new temp save. But hey, I did not notice the icon - so maybe it's not all that bad? btw - It was there before I let town, so I'm quite sure it is still around.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Still no news regarding when we’ll get the free kit….
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,966 Member
    It was slightly strange to announce it without date :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Yeah, where is it? We want our free kit, and we want it now! *bangs desk* :D
  • Options
    I’m standing by my theory that it’ll become available when the EA App has finished rolling out to all Mac users… which hasn’t happened yet. I for one am still waiting.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,682 Member
    Or perhaps it will be available right after the upcoming patch, then more will need to patch their game.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Still no news….I’m starting to wonder if it’s actually gonna be available for free ? Did we make it up ?

It makes sense not to release it at the same time as the new kits, I get it, but maybe at least give a date ? Or just “no, you didn’t make it up, it’s actually coming for free but you have to wait a little more”.
  • Options
    edited April 26
    Quoting from a different thread from a few days ago: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/18367672#Comment_18367672
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Well, it's unusual to announce a free content but still no date one month later.

Were I a betting man, I would assume that the Blooming Rooms giveaway would start the same day EA app for Mac finishes its worldwide rollout.

This isn't confirmation, just my running theory.

And the Mac rolllout hasn’t finished yet.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    Quoting from a different thread from a few days ago: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/18367672#Comment_18367672
    Well, it's unusual to announce a free content but still no date one month later.

Were I a betting man, I would assume that the Blooming Rooms giveaway would start the same day EA app for Mac finishes its worldwide rollout.

Yeah, just got the chance to switch over to EA's app from Origin a few minutes ago, but I bet it's taking a while.
  • Options
    edited April 29
    Haflinger wrote: »

Yeah, just got the chance to switch over to EA's app from Origin a few minutes ago, but I bet it's taking a while.

I got told to make the switch today too, at long last!