Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have the cart button ingame? 🛒💢

Comments

• Options
    MagicPigeonMagicPigeon Posts: 13 New Member
    Haven’t checked cause I haven’t opened the game in a few months. Too scared.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    I still haven't updated, so I don't know if I would have been graced with the dreaded cart. Been playing offline since the day before the CCSP patch and don't intend to update anytime soon. Maybe once they're done with hotfixes for hotfixes and a normal patch comes out that doesn't break more than it fixes... maybe then. But I'm really put off by creators I've seen complaining about hitting the button by accident when they meant to open the gallery. It seems so annoying.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited March 7
    I own all packs, but still has the buttom.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

Ok...so there’s this guy, right - and…uhm…I shouldn’t really be typing this out loud but he’s one of the greatest FOOLS I’ve ever encountered in me life. Handsome? Quite!- but what an absolute buffoon - anyways, this guy, he came over to me earlier today and guess what he tells me? He tells me that he plays the Sims 4 too! So I’m like, “nice one bud, do you build or CAS or what?” But he doesn’t answer any of that. Nope…

… Instead he just starts bangin’ on about how he accidentally opened the EA app even though he was supposed to be working, anyway, he unknowingly opened the app, then all of a sudden the app installs the game update, you know, latest patch, the whole shebang, shock shock horror horror.

So I say to him “Sure, how’s that a problem?”
    He gives me this hard stare, like, this really angry, hard one. THEN he starts whinging about some shopping cart button yadida and everything is broken yadihay and that he didn’t want to update or buy anything purely on principle until the person responsible for the stupid trouble trolley and all the other broken items would just tell him, HIM what the frogs is going on!! Frogs. Plural.

I say “Aye, I feel you buddy, but you should’ve just not set the darn app to “UPDATE GAMES AUTOMATICALLY”. That was your biggest mistake dude, now deal with it.”
    He doesn’t like what I’m telling him, but he knows I’m dead right. Then I ask him whether he launched the game at all?
    He nods.
    There’s a pause.
    Then I ask: “And? Is it there?”
    He shivers. A small tear in his eye.
    “Is that a yes?”
    “Aye Captain. That’s a Yes.”
    “And?”
    He then starts sobbing uncontrollably and nearly falls over when he cries: "IT PULSES CAPTAIN!!! IT’S A HORRID, BIG, FAT PULSING BUTTON!!"
    I quickly grab him by the shoulders to try and calm him down. “Easy buddy”- I say, “Easy there now. Stay strong.” But all I can see is pure horror in the blubbering man's eyes.
    "I CLICKED ON IT!!!" He howls.
    “You clicked on it.” I sigh. This is bad. This is very bad. I begin to feel sick to my stomach. “Tell me what happened next.”
    "IT STOPPED PULSING AND THEN IT SPOKE TO ME!"
    I offer him my left arm sleeve and he eagerly takes it to wipe off his sn.. face.
    “What did it say bud? What did it say?”
    The poor guy can hardly breathe. “THAT I’VE SEEN IT ALL!”
    “Ok. Right. And have you? Have you seen it all?”
    “NO. NOT EVERYTHING!”
    “So it lied to you?”
    "YES!"
    “Right”.
    “IT TOLD ME TO CHECK BACK LATER SO I CLICKED IT AWAY!”
    “Right. Right. And then what happened?”
    He takes my other sleeve, the right arm one, and forcefully clears his nose. I notice that both sleeves are now absolutely drenched. I sigh once more. That’s a job for BOSH at ninety C. At least. Even better for the bonfire out back. All of a sudden he grabs me by the beard - and this is why you should grow a beard - his eyes as big as Monster Truck tyres, his face a shade of crimson I can’t recall ever seeing before.
    I repeat calmly: "Then what happened?"
    He wails: "IT STARTED PULSING AGAIN CAPTAIN!!! IT PULSES AND PULSES! SOMETIMES IT STOPS AND THEN IT STARTS PULSING AGAIN! BUT IT SAYS I’VE SEEN IT ALL. THE TRUTH IS, I HAVEN’T SEEN IT ALL! I AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET! I SWEAR I HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING IN ME LIFE! WHY DOES THE BUTTON LIE TO ME?!"
    “There there”, I reassure him. The shirt that I'm wearing? Complete mucus catastrophy. “We’ll figure it out bud. You and I together. We’ll figure out how to destroy this hopeless imposter, but you gotta stay strong. You stay strong now buddy.”

And after that we just had a coffee together, you know, me and that foolish, foolish guy. My good aul bud... Or I could just say me. All by myself. Because with stories like that, you know..there's always some kind of weird twist at the end.

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Ok...so there’s this guy, right - and…uhm…I shouldn’t really be typing this out loud but he’s one of the greatest FOOLS I’ve ever encountered in me life. Handsome? Quite!- but what an absolute buffoon - anyways, this guy, he came over to me earlier today and guess what he tells me? He tells me that he plays the Sims 4 too! So I’m like, “nice one bud, do you build or CAS or what?” But he doesn’t answer any of that. Nope…

… Instead he just starts bangin’ on about how he accidentally opened the EA app even though he was supposed to be working, anyway, he unknowingly opened the app, then all of a sudden the app installs the game update, you know, latest patch, the whole shebang, shock shock horror horror.

So I say to him “Sure, how’s that a problem?”
    He gives me this hard stare, like, this really angry, hard one. THEN he starts whinging about some shopping cart button yadida and everything is broken yadihay and that he didn’t want to update or buy anything purely on principle until the person responsible for the stupid trouble trolley and all the other broken items would just tell him, HIM what the frogs is going on!! Frogs. Plural.

I say “Aye, I feel you buddy, but you should’ve just not set the darn app to “UPDATE GAMES AUTOMATICALLY”. That was your biggest mistake dude, now deal with it.”
    He doesn’t like what I’m telling him, but he knows I’m dead right. Then I ask him whether he launched the game at all?
    He nods.
    There’s a pause.
    Then I ask: “And? Is it there?”
    He shivers. A small tear in his eye.
    “Is that a yes?”
    “Aye Captain. That’s a Yes.”
    “And?”
    He then starts sobbing uncontrollably and nearly falls over when he cries: "IT PULSES CAPTAIN!!! IT’S A HORRID, BIG, FAT PULSING BUTTON!!"
    I quickly grab him by the shoulders to try and calm him down. “Easy buddy”- I say, “Easy there now. Stay strong.” But all I can see is pure horror in the blubbering man's eyes.
    "I CLICKED ON IT!!!" He howls.
    “You clicked on it.” I sigh. This is bad. This is very bad. I begin to feel sick to my stomach. “Tell me what happened next.”
    "IT STOPPED PULSING AND THEN IT SPOKE TO ME!"
    I offer him my left arm sleeve and he eagerly takes it to wipe off his sn.. face.
    “What did it say bud? What did it say?”
    The poor guy can hardly breathe. “THAT I’VE SEEN IT ALL!”
    “Ok. Right. And have you? Have you seen it all?”
    “NO. NOT EVERYTHING!”
    “So it lied to you?”
    "YES!"
    “Right”.
    “IT TOLD ME TO CHECK BACK LATER SO I CLICKED IT AWAY!”
    “Right. Right. And then what happened?”
    He takes my other sleeve, the right arm one, and forcefully clears his nose. I notice that both sleeves are now absolutely drenched. I sigh once more. That’s a job for BOSH at ninety C. At least. Even better for the bonfire out back. All of a sudden he grabs me by the beard - and this is why you should grow a beard - his eyes as big as Monster Truck tyres, his face a shade of crimson I can’t recall ever seeing before.
    I repeat calmly: "Then what happened?"
    He wails: "IT STARTED PULSING AGAIN CAPTAIN!!! IT PULSES AND PULSES! SOMETIMES IT STOPS AND THEN IT STARTS PULSING AGAIN! BUT IT SAYS I’VE SEEN IT ALL. THE TRUTH IS, I HAVEN’T SEEN IT ALL! I AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET! I SWEAR I HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING IN ME LIFE! WHY DOES THE BUTTON LIE TO ME?!"
    “There there”, I reassure him. The shirt that I'm wearing? Complete mucus catastrophy. “We’ll figure it out bud. You and I together. We’ll figure out how to destroy this hopeless imposter, but you gotta stay strong. You stay strong now buddy.”

And after that we just had a coffee together, you know, me and that foolish, foolish guy. My good aul bud... Or I could just say me. All by myself. Because with stories like that, you know..there's always some kind of weird twist at the end.

Great galloping gargoyles! I am afraid for you...so very afraid! Ye have been cursed, aye! No darker fate has man nor donkey suffered. So frightful, I might have to grow one o' them beards as to be grasped in horror...

Truly though, you've suffered quite a wicked mishap. I've found that my EA app will sometimes try to update regardless of my helpless wishes and button-unticking intentions. Well, at least it happened after the e-e-patch. Chin up, things can always be worse, right?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    TECHSPERT50TECHSPERT50 Posts: 46 Member
    I do indeed have the flashing shopping trolley sadly....
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Great galloping gargoyles! I am afraid for you...so very afraid! Ye have been cursed, aye! No darker fate has man nor donkey suffered. So frightful, I might have to grow one o' them beards as to be grasped in horror...

Truly though, you've suffered quite a wicked mishap. I've found that my EA app will sometimes try to update regardless of my helpless wishes and button-unticking intentions. Well, at least it happened after the e-e-patch. Chin up, things can always be worse, right?

Aye matey, cursed I am, and me bones aren’t made from the brittle stuff, but I can feel terrible aches just now, thinking about that bilge suckin’ button. Alas, ‘tis what it is, and you are right so you are, worse things have happened on the high seas! Beards or no beards, we be keepin’ the head up as high as we possibly can!

* to crew mate - “PUT THAT BUCKET ALL THE WAY DOWN AT ONCE, YE WEE TOW RAG! NO, I DIDN’T MEAN THE CAPTAIN’S POTTY, I WAS TALKIN’ ABOUT ME ACTUAL HEAD, YE SCABBY AUL’ TROUT!”

• Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 174 Member
    edited March 8
    Today I returned to my game again earlier, I thought... well, let's give it another try. The button of course is still there, but it didn't do anything, no flashing, no pulsing, just the button. Don't get me wrong, I strongly dislike that button, but if it is simply another icon in my game which does not do anything weird, I somehow tend to deal with it.
    The other day when I was playing, it did flash and move around and that made me sick.

Edit: changed a word which got muted, sorry :/ in Spanish, that word is not a bad one, didn't know it is in English (it's the same meaning, though).
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Button is not there because I've not updated, play offline, and have no intention of changing that until said button is gone. It is very underhanded of them to not only add yet another layer of "send us your money, now!" but a layer that will actually make players ill, in some cases severely. EA needs to learn, quickly, that people take priority over profits.
  • Options
    grnblzgrnblz Posts: 249 Member
    I have the cart button in my game and don't even notice it. I have not clicked it or paid any attention to it. It does not flash or light up or really do anything.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,039 Member
    @flauschtrud I did get the text message, things like "We think you'd like this" and similar. I also had the light (the calendar version), but no pulsing or movement and the entire thing didn't light up. I can't offer you a screenshot, however, as I updated BetterBuildbuy the second it got the 'remove the stinking button' option.

What I want to know is if EA will adress the complaints from their players in any way, shape or form or if they intend to just push it under the rug and hope our discontent settles with time? @EA_Cade any news for us at all? This long silence is disconcerting.

Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    They advertised this as a way to buy packs in game, right? But my mom just tried buying the castle creations kit and learned something new about our despised wonderful cart button- you can only buy a pack in game if it's suggesting it for you! There's no search bar, no nothing. I was under the impression this had at least one actual use but no! LMAO
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,097 Member
    @greydonn Wow!! Thats like having an agressive salesman/ person stalking you in your game!
    They target certain products and they won't stop until you buy. Relentless. 😲 😡 💢
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    MiataPlay wrote: »
    @greydonn Wow!! Thats like having an agressive salesman/ person stalking you in your game!
    They target certain products and they won't stop until you buy. Relentless. 😲 😡 💢

Exactly! It's ridiculous!
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,023 Member
    lanlyn wrote: »
    I never saw it. Not sure if it was ever there because my UI was glitched at first. Then TMex updated Better Build/Buy, and the new mod update removes the cart button altogether. 🤷‍♀️ ...
    Since I posted this, I now have the Crystal pack, so I own all packs in Sims 4. I also took Better BuildBuy out of my game, along with a few other script mods. I still have not seen the cart button, not even once.
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    I have the button, it did pulse a couple of times when they added it. I pretty much only miss the last couple of packs and Batuu.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I got the button today, it glowed, then went silent after I clicked the offer. Turned out it was Growing Together, a pack I'm very conflicted about. Seeing the offer won't help me decide. At this point I'd need to try my hand at a demo.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Showed up in my game today. :s It's every bit as disruptive as people have said. Not going to be buying any new packs until they at the very least disable the light. If that means forever, then so be it.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I think the EA app updated today and now I have the cart. It’s definitely wasted on me, I don’t give in to pressure. I have nearly every pack. There is only one pack I don’t have and I’ll never buy it.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I've got this cart today too. I guess that's the second wave. As soon as I saw it, I immedeately installed better build buy. I don't want this cart and I won't loving it. I hate it so much, that every other words which came in my mind, would get me a forum ban. :|
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Well, so goes my theory about being a vanilla PC player with all up-to-date packs. I now have that annoying cart in my game too. :'(
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I’m very disappointed but sadly not surprised that it’s being rolled out to more players. I’m unlikely to have the chance to play my game for a few days so I can’t check whether I have it too. I’m currently playing without any mods and enjoying that — but if that cart turns up and I find it intrudes on my game then I will definitely be modding it out.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited March 28
    I voted no. I haven’t updated my game yet and I’m delaying until there’s a choice to disable the cart.

I own about 30% of the available DLC so this cart flashing at me would not be good! 😵‍💫😂
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    I did not have the cart until yesterday. When I opened my game I saw that it was there. It is not flashing but it is placed where it is very easy to click on it by mistake. I AM NOT HAPPY!
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    edited March 28
    Once I get my new laptop,I'll re-install Sims 4 to see if I got the cart button,too. I'll let you all know if I got the button or not.
    Post edited by Lady_Ballora on
    Why do you hide inside these walls?