Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

• [Gameplay] Update for Clumsy trait

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
edited March 24 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

Here some ideas suggested by Google Gemini :

Positive consequences of clumsiness:
  • Embrace the Chaos: Clumsy Sims could unlock unique crafting recipes that utilize their clumsiness. Imagine a Clumsy Chef that creates wacky but surprisingly delicious dishes.
  • Unforeseen Discoveries:
    • Trip & Treasure: A clumsy Sim could trip and stumble upon a hidden object buried in the ground, like a forgotten family heirloom or a rare collectable.
    • The Accidental Explorer: Clumsy attempts at gardening or fishing could lead to the discovery of new, rare plant species or unexpected catches.
    • The Art of the Spill: A clumsy Sim spilling paint or crafting materials could create a surprisingly beautiful accidental masterpiece.
  • Physical Advantages:
    • The Painless Fall: Clumsy Sims could develop a natural ability to fall without getting hurt, allowing them to attempt risky activities with a higher chance of success.
    • The Unbreakable: Despite constant accidents, clumsy Sims could possess an underlying physical resilience, making them resistant to illness or injury.

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited March 24
    As clumsy person these feel bit too skill related / not something id realistically do when being clumsy

like clumsy fishing is less like discovering new fish species more like getting smacked in the face by fish when trying to get it out the water

and clumsy cooking is more like I poured in significantly more pepper than intended
    not really anything good comes out of that

however
    Trip & Treasure: A clumsy Sim could trip and stumble upon a hidden object buried in the ground, like a forgotten family heirloom or a rare collectable

this I could get behind because I could see the " x fell over branch and discovered a curious stone" being a realistically plausible thing that could happen.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    I think it could be interesting if clumsy sims can break things other sims never break, able to fail in ways no other sim can.

Could be capable of some spectacular and hilarious failures.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited March 24
    @Simmingal

Do you know Charlie Chaplin's Tramp ?
    In my memories the clumsiness of this character saved him several times.

The Sims is not the reality maybe the game could make them lucky sometimes.

For me Clumsy doesn't mean "Ruin everything" aka Unlucky but it means "Get unexpected results" (Good or bad).

The tarte Tatin could be an example of "happy" clumsiness, I'm sure several recipes were created by mistake.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on