Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

suddenly losing add on's ??

Anyone else suddenly losing their add on's. I just noticed I didn't have my (bust the dust) anymore.

Let me know please if you are in the same boat.
while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?

Comments

• Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    Yes, recently get to work was missing, total fail, my sim has been a lvl 10 scientist since 2021 but now I'm having to re-invent all her inventions for work, her milestones are all missing, her gems and metals are missing and a bunch of harvestable's too. Some other pack was missing the next play session bút it wasn't an integral part of play as get to work...I think it was city living maybe. 🤔 Happy simming!
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    What do you mean you didn't have you pack anymore? Like it's not installed or it's completely gone from your EA account?
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I got a little note on my Library on the EA app saying something like "some games have been removed". I looked and didn't see anything missing though. Is that what you're talking about?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I noticed this the first time I launched after the most recent patch. Several of my packs were listed as available for me to buy, despite my already owning them, and when I tried to click on the button it I said I needed a paid-for version of Sims 4 to buy DLC! I relaunch and things were much better, but clothing from one pack is showing up as corrupt in CAS -- if the sim tries to wear them they're missing body parts, there's lots of red and black, etc.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

There was an update recently on EA app to better highlight when you lose access to content because of an EA Play membership expiring, but I haven't seen any reports like these related to that as of yet.

If you're missing content that wasn't related to an EA Play membership expiring please let us know on Answers HQ or via Help.EA.com so we can address this ASAP.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited March 22
    I've seen notices when downloading my own houses for use in a new game that 'some items that you don't own' have been removed. I never use other Simmers items in them. Does that mean that they've been updated or changed in the game? New colours etc? I can't find out what they are anyway. Not all that important but annoying.
    I DO have all the packs installed.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I've seen notices when downloading my own houses for use in a new game that 'some items that you don't own' have been removed. I never use other Simmers items in them. Does that mean that they've been updated or changed in the game? New colours etc? I can't find out what they are anyway. Not all that important but annoying.

I've had this happen as well, but it's been going on for years. I don't know if pack items get borked sometimes after a patch or what, but I do repair my game after I patch and it still happens and I never know what it was that disappeared.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited March 25
    LiELF wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »

I've had this happen as well, but it's been going on for years. I don't know if pack items get borked sometimes after a patch or what, but I do repair my game after I patch and it still happens and I never know what it was that disappeared.

Still it's not as annoying as my old Sims becoming werewolves, aliens, changing their gender preferences or colour I've noticed with resurrecting some old families. Diversity I don't mind but not forced on me.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I don't know if this was added on the official site but I noticed this too, but for me even though it's annoying opening and closing the game with or without an app restart usually reconnects everything.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    I don't know if this was added on the official site but I noticed this too, but for me even though it's annoying opening and closing the game with or without an app restart usually reconnects everything.

This has been my experience, as well. The game will notify me when I try to start a save that I don’t own all the packs/content. I can tell it’s failed to load when the Resume button doesn’t appear in the main menu and it’s trying to get me to select a save instead. When I see that. I just quit and restart, and it’s fixed.