Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with aging ON or OFF? Added RESULTS from tumblr 👶👦👨👴💀

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    Aging off. I decide myself if Sims need to age up or not. My favorite Sims are pretty much immortal lol.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited March 21
    Aging on, but with custom settings. These vary from time to time, but at the moment they're based off the 56 day year that comes with two week seasons:

Baby+infant+toddler:56 days
    Child: 112 days
    Teen: 56 days
    YA: 112 days
    Adult: 280 days
    Elder: 112 days

I do wish there was a way to set the elder lifespan to something more fluent, like 90-120 days so that some lived longer than others and it was random and you didn't know how long time your sim had to live.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,673 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of us are micromanagers.

I am most definitely not a micromanager, never have been. I play with aging off because I enjoy a relaxed game and don't want to feel rushed and that I must accomplish "x" by "x-date" before they die .... too stressful for me.

Instead I play leisurely and enjoy my story and where the sims take me and when I'm ready to move on to a new chapter of their lives, I age them manually.

Yes, this. I like to let my game breathe. My play style is the game and I cooperatively creating this story. That takes time, so I turn aging off. When it suits the story, I manually age up, but mostly I’m playing a snapshot in time, not a lifetime.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,641 Member
    I play on Long, so I don't mind having aging on.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    for me , I play with aging off and age as I want.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,367 Member
    cyncie wrote: »

I like to let my game breathe. My play style is the game and I cooperatively creating this story. That takes time, so I turn aging off. When it suits the story, I manually age up, but mostly I’m playing a snapshot in time, not a lifetime.

This describes the way I play really well too. I don't tend to age my sims up because I'm interested in playing long meandering stories about this particular point in their lives, rather than their whole life or multiple generations. I don't like being rushed to do things. I just want to explore the ideas I have for them or the things that come up naturally with stuff in the game in detail and at my own pace. If I could make the days and the seasons longer (I already have seasons set on the max length) I would do that too.

On a couple saves, I have little ones (infants and toddlers) who may get aged up to the next stage eventually, if I ever get around to it, but I'm enjoying them the way they are now, so I don't know if I necessarily ever will.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".