The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Crystal Creations Stuff Pack - Official Screenshot Thread

Comments

• Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 715 Member
    Scientist is the best career for jewel crafting. There are a lot of cristals around the lab.
  • Options
    SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,353 Member
    edited March 3
    @Starfree Yes, I did that with my werewolves, but they are unable to fertilize plants, so they will not be able to get the best quality tree :(

Phew, it looks like my spellcaster can fertilize the crystal tree. Now I just hope it will remain like that. :)
    [img][/img]Ikwin-fertilize-tree.png
    Post edited by Svineprutter on
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,170 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    @musteni @Svineprutter choose "cut gemstone" on the gemology table and choose "seed-shaped gemstone" for the design then whatever crystal you want. Once done you can plant it, either before or after charging it, and you'll get at least four crystals each day once fully grown. What you get varies but you do get the new ones that came with the pack.

Thank you for that information. I'd love for Londyn to be able to use any gemstone or metal in her jewelry but she doesn't have time to go around the worlds hunting for those items. Hopefully the really rare ones will occasionally and not just the easy to find ones.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,470 Member
    @musteni @Svineprutter choose "cut gemstone" on the gemology table and choose "seed-shaped gemstone" for the design then whatever crystal you want. Once done you can plant it, either before or after charging it, and you'll get at least four crystals each day once fully grown. What you get varies but you do get the new ones that came with the pack.

Thank you for that information. I'd love for Londyn to be able to use any gemstone or metal in her jewelry but she doesn't have time to go around the worlds hunting for those items. Hopefully the really rare ones will occasionally and not just the easy to find ones.

@DaniRose2143 yes, the tree does give the rare ones; not all the time but sometimes. Now if there was something similar for metals :).
  • Options

@DaniRose2143 yes, the tree does give the rare ones; not all the time but sometimes. Now if there was something similar for metals :).

That's good news for the crystals at least.😁 I may have to wait for the modding community to help out with the metals.
  • Options
    This is cool! I didn't know that two sims could work at the gemology table at the same time!

eQ771Zs.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,715 Member
    It is great that two sims can work at the gem table at the same time! @DaniRose2143 :) Family members can enjoy creating their own gem work, but doing it at the same time, as long as one is doing cutting of gemstones and the other is making jewellery.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is great that two sims can work at the gem table at the same time! @DaniRose2143 :) Family members can enjoy creating their own gem work, but doing it at the same time, as long as one is doing cutting of gemstones and the other is making jewellery.

I clicked on Londyn expecting her to wave her hand and then drop the action. I sat here mesmerized as I watched her climb the stairs and my jaw dropped when she stepped up to the bench and started working. Danielle could craft the gems for Londyn and hand them over to be included in her designs. This is a game changer for my story!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,235 Member
    @DaniRose2143 , wow that is truly awesome !!!!! :o
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 , wow that is truly awesome !!!!! :o

I totally expected it fail and when it didn’t I was geeking out.😃
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,330 Member
    Y'all need to read the Positive Thoughts thread. I posted about the two sims working at the table yesterday. 😄
  • Options
    Y'all need to read the Positive Thoughts thread. I posted about the two sims working at the table yesterday. 😄

Aww, mom.😁
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,330 Member
    But it's also exciting to discover these things on your own. 😊
  • Options
    But it's also exciting to discover these things on your own. 😊

Yes it is. It's been awhile since my game gave me that much of a surprise.
  • Options

I clicked on Londyn expecting her to wave her hand and then drop the action. I sat here mesmerized as I watched her climb the stairs and my jaw dropped when she stepped up to the bench and started working. Danielle could craft the gems for Londyn and hand them over to be included in her designs. This is a game changer for my story!

Do it again, with 2 mentors :)

Given time, we will all have some households who masters the new skill and some can be placed as NPCs and be potential mentors for new sims. I bet there is already sims up for grabs at the gallery, that can be used for this purpose. :)
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options

Do it again, with 2 mentors :)

Given time, we will all have some households who masters the new skill and some can be placed as NPCs and be potential mentors for new sims. I bet there is already sims up for grabs at the gallery, that can be used for this purpose. :)

I'm close to having one mentor. Londyn, the one making jewelry in my picture yesterday is a level 8 almost to level 9. Her wife Danielle is a level 3. I may have Danielle sit out until Londyn masters gemology and then have her mentor Danielle. It's so cool to be able to have couples be able to work together like this, it's even more fun when they're as close as those two are.🙂
  • Options
    edited March 4
    Ha!!!, I think I found the culprint for my problems with fertilizing plants.

This kitchenmachine can produce dough and when a sim has dough in inventory, it is not possible to fertilize plants. When I take it out, it is no longer a problem. Next stop is to find out if it also interferes with packmate gifts for werewolves. and my sim just completed aspiration, hihi :)
    [img][/img]Ikwin-k-kkenmaskine.png

Investigate investigate ...
    The young Fyres wolf is very sad, like she knows, I still can't figure out to fix the pack mate gifts and contributions to pack ressources. :(
    [img][/img]Mini-sad-Angel.png

Post edited by Svineprutter on
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,073 Member
    @Svineprutter It's a bug (despite slightly different issue in the name)
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Can-t-give-gifts-to-other-sims-with-certain-items-in-the/m-p/13536373
    All these inventory bugs are related to last week's patches.
  • Options

@mightysprite Thank you :)
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,056 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    After receiving code for the pack
    Simmingal is gearing up for new profile picture mayhaps :)
    I just love this dress so much

GjMhh2e.png

Unfortunately thats about how far I got
    before I got the grand idea of returning to project Charm house
    built little bit of this and that and took a look at new items

and now I have beamed myself to planet Vertigo *spins around*
    maybe tomorrow I shall actually get to some gameplay or whatnot

Late, but she's an icon.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,137 Member
    @Gordy well technically not late comment since it is still before I got around to that profile picture :lol:

I've been waiting for jewellery to be fixed first so I don't get her all distorted but also part of me wants to create throw away save just to see what Gollumgal would end up looking like after doing lots of jewellery equipping :lol:

I have feeling it would be very cursed
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,724 Member
    edited March 6
    Finally I found time to let some chosen jewelers practice their gemology skills :)

20240305f.jpg
    Minerva Charm and her daughter Gemma are not top skilled, but they are the best option if you want someone in Glimmerbrook to help you with some special features jewelry ;)

20240305e.jpg
    In StrangerVille the eccentric Madam Maxim Sprucewood has take up on crystal crafting. She might be the most bling loving resident of the entire Mazaloom kingdom, so my expectations are high :smile: ) Somehow I wish she could combine crystals with the mysterious evil plant seeds...

20240305a.jpg
    Erica J. Rab-Saxor is the most professional Jeweler, hands down. She founded her Jewelry store 30 years ago, and her two daughters will shortly get involved. Jespers Jewelry Broker crafts bling, but they also assists when historical tiaras etc needs to switch owners.

More on my blog.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,715 Member
    It is great seeing the pictures of the jewellers that you have in your game @Simmerville :) The store of Erica J. Rab-Saxor looks very nice. The displays of jewellery items to buy are lovely.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,724 Member
    Thank you @rosemow . There's so many ways to benefit from this pack, especially with retail (now fixed, yay!) and with the spell crafters.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg