Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods by bienchen83/sims4me

Comments

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited January 28
    Oolonglong wrote: »
    Hi Bienchen, I wanted to tell you about a possible problem with one of your mods. I have a new save with a sim teen who is in the Computer Club at the High School. The daily task it to practice programming but it would never show starting or register when I had her do it after the recent patch. Doing a 50/50 of my mods I found that she could practice programming and have it register when I removed your sims4me_lessautonomouscomputer mod. With removing that one mod and with all my other mods she could fulfill her daily task. With no mods except for that mod, she couldn't. At the moment I'm just removing the mod for when she needs to do her task but thought you would like to know. Without your mods I'm not sure if I could play the Sims 4. I realize with frequent patches it makes it more difficult to you and I don't want to add to that.

Thank you so much, @Oolonglong. I've uploaded the updated version of the mod now.

I'm also done with updating my mods for For Rent and Home Chef Hustle now.

I wish you all the best for your saves in these rough post For Rent release days. Make sure to back-up your beloved saves regularly, do not download gallery lots that have been built on either of the two Residential Rental Tomerang lots that originally come with For Rent and do not try to change these two premade rentals to anything else. Also make sure to disable random deaths and aging for every tenant household you are not actively playing. That should help you to avoid save/lot corruption.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Happy Birthday to the Sims franchise. I had expected some decent bug fixes this week, but as we didn't get any I thought I might as well bring you a spontaneous belated small birthday update.
    The play marbles for keeps fix will probably become obsolete soon, but I wanted to share it anyway cause you never know for sure if/when it will be officially fixed.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    edited February 18
    Hey @83bienchen ! I'm coming with a mod suggestion

When your sim do a comedy number at clubs, loungues, bars... in the microphone (stand-up), there's only a few sims watching it (like 2 or 3 max) no matter your comedy skill is (or action you're using) and they're soooo close to your sim-

How about a mod making the number of ''watchers'' higher and with more range to watch the performace? Maybe this way they will sit to watch it.. (I think there's a mod for sitting but I can't find one for the thing I'm asking)

I hope you consider this suggestion, thanks for your work!
    Post edited by plumboy23 on
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    Hi @83bienchen. I hope all it well with you and your family.

After thorough testing, I've found that your mod callandvisittweak_behave prevents my Sims from washing dishes in the kitchen sink when they are visiting other sims houses (since the patch where we could select what is allowed to be washed in a sink as far as I can tell). I've tested with no mods installed except this one. Maybe that is intended behaviour but thought I'd mention it since I don't recall having this problem until after the patch.

And to clarify, my Sim is able to wash dishes at home even with this mod installed, just not when they are visiting other residential lots.

Thanks for all your amazing mods! The game would be unbearable without them <3

• Options
    Thanks so much for reporting the issue, @ImSands . The mod has been updated now.

@plumboy23
    I'm not doing a mod for sitting while watching comedy because there already is one and the number of Sims watching the performance is limited by the number of Sims allowed and the files required on a lot. But actually it happens to be my callandvisittweak_behave that makes Sims more likely to watch a comedy performance.
  • Options
    My bookcase and storage chest don't share inventory mods (all 3 versions) are broken as of now.

I cannot provide an update because I have not patched myself because of the severe/annoying bugs that came with this patch.
  • Options
    AnlomyAnlomy Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi there, I really like your mod, I have a small suggestion about townieoverhaul_highschool in townieoverhaul_lessfame, is it possible to generate new highschool students when the original teenage students are not enough, because I noticed that the number of students is not enough during the school day, I downloaded a class of 12 students mod, and one class is full, but the other class has only two students, and they are both teenagers from the game originally.I don't know if I expressed myself accurately, my English is not good and I use translation software. Thank you for your work!
  • Options
    Sounds to me like you should simply not use that particular module of townieoverhaul_lessfame. It's specifically designed to not create new high school students and might even clash with the other mod you are using and prevent it from working at all because it probably uses the same tuning files.
  • Options
    Okay, thank you. Because I really like this mod's use of the game's original teenage features. Would you consider making a new mod that prioritises the use of the game's original teenagers as students, and then generates new ones if there aren't enough. I'm just asking, please don't feel pressured, I appreciate your work and wish you all the best everyday.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but I have just stopped modding this week due to the latest shopping cart controversy, which has been the last straw to me.
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    Hey @83bienchen!
    Please don't stop modding, I need your mods in my game.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Anlomy wrote: »
    Okay, thank you. Because I really like this mod's use of the game's original teenage features. Would you consider making a new mod that prioritises the use of the game's original teenagers as students, and then generates new ones if there aren't enough. I'm just asking, please don't feel pressured, I appreciate your work and wish you all the best everyday.

There are at least two mods that already do what you want. Search for "choose your classmates"
    image.png
  • Options
    I came to the decision to further update my mods, because I do not want any of you to have to make your decision if and how you play the game depend on me.

The most important updates are already available at my website - and I was wrong about noautonomousphone, part of it really needed an update for Crystal Creations .

I do have the shopping cart button in my game now, so I don't see myself playing more than necessary to provide and test updates. I also have not bought Crystal Creations. I intend to only do mod updates, no new mods, no requests (though I might release some of the mods that were already in testing stage before the shopping cart button happened, that depends on whether I can bring myself to finish testing them at some point in the future).

This choice has nothing to do with EA, my decision solely depends on my dedication towards the players who use my mods. I don't think that it's my place to influence your opinion on going on after all of this. If you want to vote with your wallets and/or by not playing the game anymore, this should not be because of me - no matter how much I've been struggling with this decision because I also am a Sims 4 player. I personally would have wanted to keep the option to play this game as a safe place and as some of you probably already know, I don't play with script mods, so there is no way for me to get rid of that button now. But I'm not only a player, but also a modder, and I do take that responsibility serious.

If you want to help me out a little, feel free to post here about any issues with my mods you might encounter. It is difficult to keep mods up to date if you don't have the latest packs (and I have already spent so much money on buying packs early just to be able to fix them and provide updates in the past few years, but I cannot do that anymore) and can barely bring yourself to even play.

Thanks for all of your lovely comments and support Düring the last few days. I couldn't reply to all of them, cause this really weighted so hard on me, but I have read and liked all of them. I hope those of you who cannot play their games anymore will understand that I cannot fully support your (and my) plea by doing the same.

May EA have some mercy on us.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    I already told elsewhere that I respect and accept your decision, what ever it is.

But I cannot lie either, my mods folder has half of the folders named as "Bienchen- xxx" , and I very much love to keep it that way :)

All the best, and I hope the button will be gone and you can enjoy the game again yourself too <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    That is going above and beyond what I ever would have expected and I just want to express my deep gratitude for your decision, although I would have completely respected and understood if you had decided not to continue. I hope you have not felt pressured by us, as I truly believe you should do what you truly wish to do. I still have not updated my game, I have been on the fence about that, recently finding out about the bugs that came with the new pack. But when I do, and if I get that shopping cart, I will use a mod to get rid of it if it distracts me. Modders truly do make this game. I have tried many times to play vanilla, but the game just doesn't hold my attention the way Sims 2 did.

I will be downloading the updated phone mod with much happiness. <3 (The other two mods main mods I use are the Situation Outfits for Magic Realm and the no celebrity walk. I have a Sim who is bugged and I can't get rid of that walk on her so it takes her forever to get anywhere. :s But I can wait for those, the no phone is the most important mod in my game. :) )

I hope EA makes the right decision. They are really overstepping with their players these days and I'd hate to see the Sims franchise end in an apocalypse of greed and mismanagement, the way Sim City did.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @83bienchen Please don't feel compelled to update mods for Simmers if you yourself don't want to anymore. We've seen so many modders burn out... and it's natural to do so. I really do understand -- I came very close to quitting the broken/updated mods lists last year, and this patch has me wondering why I do this when I could be... going for a walk or something (I did go out yesterday, though, and will again tomorrow).

What the community really needs most is that when modders leave, they say so and make their mods available to others to take over, and perhaps remove them, or commit only to deleting them when they're reported broken. The disservice happens not when modders leave modding but when they just disappear. (With the obvious exception that often people's families don't know who to tell if there's been a death or similar reason.)

So, I completely understand if you're just done. And I completely understand if you decide again in a few months from now that you're just done. And if you ever want some support through that process, I'm happy to be of some help.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    Dearest Bienchen. I so understand how frustrated you are. And I would not have blamed you for quitting. But I thank you from the bottom of my simming heart for having decided to update your mods. They are so useful and I have tons of them. But whatever path you choose in the end you have my blessing and my gratitude (and a big hug),
  • Options
    edited March 2
    Thank you all.

@LiELF: Those two other mods you mentioned don't need an update.

Fortunately I've done this long enough to know which mods are most likely to break and reading @luthienrising 's wonderful list also helps me a lot in what mods to expect to be broken. This patch broke a lot of mods, but mostly script mods. I didn't expect the pack doing changes to life stages, but once I noticed I knew which of my mods would be affected. One advantage of keeping mods as small as possible and non-script is that they aren't so prone to breaking.
    While I don't have the pack, I watched a video on the Crystal Creation effects and I am fairly sure that these don't break mods because they should all be tied to new tuning. In fact I could have modded almost all of them by myself as I have used very similar tuning for my traitoverhaul mod (though much more subtle and not solely positive effects).
    I will have to check my moreplopsyoffers as that one might clash with the new pack, and generally go through all of my mods one by one in order to check whether they're still fine, but I doubt that there will be many more that need an update.
    There might even be no more than these four. Normally I use patch days to roll out new features for my mods on the occasion, but this time I had just done a larger update on the weekend before the patch (when all was still well).

Btw, grableftoverfix is not obsolete as it also tweaks the leftovers choices for the junkfoodfan and healthnut lifestyle as well as for the Fame quirk that makes Sims only enjoy high quality food.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @83bienchen I'll un-obsolete it :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    @83bienchen Please don't feel pressured into updating your mods. It is always sad to see a modder go but no one can expect modders to update their mods indefinitely. I am glad to see you back but really hope it is because you want to, not because you feel you have to.
  • Options
    > @SimTresa said:
    > There are at least two mods that already do what you want. Search for "choose your classmates"

Hi thank you, I know about this "choose your classmates" but it requires manual assignment of roles, I would like to be more realistic and let the game assign itself. Thanks again.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I came to the decision to further update my mods, because I do not want any of you to have to make your decision if and how you play the game depend on me.

@83bienchen, thank you for this update.

I totally get your frustration, at the same time I’m glad that you’ve decided to keep updating your mods, at least for now.
    Your dedication and commitment is much appreciated - I must agree with others on here however - please don’t do this at the cost of your own well being. As someone who often won’t stop until he literally drops (😬), I urge you to look after your health first! I’ve had my share of creative burn-outs at a relatively young age, and it’s just not worth it.

Don’t update your mods to please us, do only what feels right for YOU. Gaming should be an enjoyable pastime, not add to the daily stress, even when we’re involved in casually creative ways such as modding or content creating.

I wished EA was as passionate and committed to this game as the modding community. It’s not hard to imagine that their greedy behavior will hurt them in the long run (again!) unless they up their game. *sigh* Fingers crossed.

Thanks again for all your game-saving mods. 💚

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Anlomy wrote: »
    > @SimTresa said:
    > There are at least two mods that already do what you want. Search for "choose your classmates"

Hi thank you, I know about this "choose your classmates" but it requires manual assignment of roles, I would like to be more realistic and let the game assign itself. Thanks again.

Oh I see. Only one that comes close is Kurtoe:s Home Regions. You can set it so only sims who live in Copperdale appear as students and staff.
    image.png
  • Options
    Hawthorne9Hawthorne9 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Bienchen, first thank you for all your mods especially the ones that stop all the "sparking" (I am prone to migraines and you have saved me actual pain) Just wanted to let you know that SimMattically has a non-script mod that gets rid of the shopping cart. Not sure if you might be interested but but just in case, it might allow you to play your game in peace.
  • Options
    Thank you, @Hawhorne9, that's very kind of you. I actually already got that mod two days ago when I realised with great relief that it's not a script mod. I still firmly believe EA should remove that button for good or at least add a toggle to hide it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top