Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods by bienchen83/sims4me

1111213141517...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @83bienchen Thank you so much for all the time you devote to modding this game. I hope there's a small part of you sticking around for yourself and not just us players.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    @83bienchen I just wanted to add my thanks for all that you have done/do for the Sims community! I have been using your mods for some time and really can't imagine the game without them -- thank you for sharing them with us!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited March 30
    Thank you all. There's a small mod update available since yesterday.

I haven't posted much about my save file because of the limited Server space for Images, but If someonewants to have a sneak peak, I've got a thread with pictures here:
    It's very simple, focussed on players Like myself who just want to watch their Sims without lag or multiple floors to Switch between. It has (mostly) not been updated for Horse Ranch and For Rent.
    https://www.simforum.de/index.php?threads/201493/
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    simmerannsimmerann Posts: 25 Member
    Thank you for your mods. I am just updating my mods now from the Feb. patch. I saw what you wrote on Jan 18th here about protecting our saves from corruption, specifically by not placing builds on specific lots in Tomarag, and by disabling deaths for renters. I wanted to ask you where you got that information from since I did have save corruption after For Rent and want to try to track down why it happened.
  • Options
    @simmerann
    I got them mostly from.AnswersHQ and own testing. Save corruption cannot be undone. You have to get back to an older Version of your save. There are various reasons for save corruption. For instance it can be caused by downloading corrupted lots from the gallery (not just rental lots, btw).
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    Hi, @83bienchen! Thanks for continuing to maintain your mods in spite of everything that's been going on surrounding the game lately.

Yesterday as I was playing, I kept getting LEs from a couple of modules from Whim Overhaul: Eco Lifestyle and Outdoor Retreat. The BE report describes the problem as
    Exception encountered while running pretest for whim <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.waob839f'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'can_be_given_as_goal' (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'can_be_given_as_goal')

I removed those modules from my game and there are no more LEs. Please let me know if you need any more info. Thanks!
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    edited April 11
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    Hi, @83bienchen! Thanks for continuing to maintain your mods in spite of everything that's been going on surrounding the game lately.

Yesterday as I was playing, I kept getting LEs from a couple of modules from Whim Overhaul: Eco Lifestyle and Outdoor Retreat. The BE report describes the problem as
    Exception encountered while running pretest for whim <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.waob839f'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'can_be_given_as_goal' (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'can_be_given_as_goal')

I removed those modules from my game and there are no more LEs. Please let me know if you need any more info. Thanks!

Thank you! I don't need more info, what you posted is just fine. It's a common LE that shows when EA sadly gets rid of another bit of code of the former whim tuning.

I'll need to wait for a bit of free time, though, because my husband had an accident and will need to be cared for until his full recovery after hopefully about 3 months. I've been doing quite a bit of time juggling lately.
  • Options
    Thanks, @83bienchen, I'll wait as long as it takes! I'm just grateful to have many of your mods in my game at all.

I wish your husband a speedy recovery!
  • Options
    The LE you mentioned points to an Eco Lifestyle whim. So you happen to have the one foe Outdoor Retreat as well. I Just need the Bit that resembles tuning.instances.waob839f.
    Thanks in advance, @PandoraTO.
  • Options
    Hi, @83bienchen. This is what it says at the top of the OR report:
    [jjacobson] Exception encountered while running pretest for whim <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.waob839f'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'can_be_given_as_goal' (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'can_be_given_as_goal')

Lower down in the same report, Show Tuning for Eco Lifestyle, it says Invalid Tuning: waob839f

Then it also has Show Tuning for Outdoor Retreat, and it says Invalid Tuning: waob83cl

If you need me to, I can put those packages back into my game and generate a new report. Just let me know. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited April 13
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    Hi, @83bienchen. This is what it says at the top of the OR report:
    [jjacobson] Exception encountered while running pretest for whim <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.waob839f'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'can_be_given_as_goal' (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'can_be_given_as_goal')

Lower down in the same report, Show Tuning for Eco Lifestyle, it says Invalid Tuning: waob839f

Then it also has Show Tuning for Outdoor Retreat, and it says Invalid Tuning: waob83cl

If you need me to, I can put those packages back into my game and generate a new report. Just let me know. Thanks!

No thanks, I've got all the info I needed for the Outdoor Retreat tuning problem now.

I uploaded the updated files.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
  • Options
    Wonderful, thanks! Honestly, I have a lot of mods, and Whim Overhaul is one of my favourites. If I could only have 5 mods, this would be one of them. 😁
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear that. 5 mods only would be quite the challenge, though. Maybe a nice challenge for EA? They could try to make 5 mods obsolete every week. One can still dream...

There are so many issues that would be an easy fix and spare players a lot of updating hassle. For some reason, EA don't seem to do collaborations with modders. I. think it's a problem of perception. While CC creators can be easily viewed as extending their game, it's not as easy to go for collaborations with the aim of fixing their game code.
    I wish they could consider it in the future. It would do their game so much good. To be fair, I'd never be on such a list as I'm not a part of the EA Creator Network.
    As far as I'm concerned, I would not even care If they just took my coding without a mention. That way they would not even have to admit to have regular Simmer's help fixing their game. I don't need my name mentioned anywhere from EA. I just want people to be able to regain faith in properly working features and spend less time updating their mods.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top