Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch February 27 (Emergency Patch Has Released)

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @83bienchen it's very sad that you have decided to go, but you must of course do what is right for yourself. I just wanted to say thanks for your mods in the past, you have been awesome <3
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    It pained me on so many levels to read through this thread. One good thing I suppose is that the recent bugs connected to the guitar and singing skills might be hints that the long awaited bands pack is coming soon - for those who are willing to put up with the shopping cart button, that is.
    Plus Satchon Sim's video gave me a good chuckle when he compared it to another pulsating ...erm... thing right in peoples faces.
    Other than that, I feel like stabbed. I was so much looking forward to the For Rent fixes patch and now I will never get to the benefits of it because it's inevitably tied to that obnoxious button. I guess I will have more free time in the future for other hobbies, but it makes me sad to leave this game and my almost 600 mods and especially the people who used them behind.

Oh, I am so sorry. :( I hope you reconsider, I'd miss your mods so much, they make my game so much better.

And I hope EA will remove that annoying button, no one wants it :(
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    I can assure you all that I'll consider very carefully and I do have you on my mind. For now, I'm awaiting EAs final answer on that infamous button.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited March 3
    I seem to be generally very lucky when it comes to games breaking. I have the cart button in my game but I didn’t even notice most of the time. It did have a little green dot on it at one stage but I just ignored it. I haven’t experienced most of the other bugs that people have mentioned except maybe the Last Exception one. My sim took her two toddlers to GeekCon. One toddler had two books and a toy in her inventory, the other had only one toy. The one with the books asked her mum to read to her, which seems to be slightly glitched in my game anyway. I’m not sure now whether I opened the mum’s inventory (she has lightsabers stacked in there) but there was a Last exception notice and the items in the toddler’s inventory disappeared. Other than that, my game played fine yesterday and hopefully will continue to do so 🤞.

Edit: I’ll revise my above statement - I do have the stacked items issue. As soon as I put the cursor over the items in the inventory, the game shut down. Off to investigate crincrit’s article again to see how to maybe fix it…
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I’ve seen the cart pulse, but no light. Are there two versions of the cart now after the update?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    edited March 3
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member

So yeah... The mourning period after Mortimer's death was super fast. It just needs a patch and a reload to get over it...

I added my insights and a me-too on the AHQ post.

I don't really know what to say anymore...
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I haven't updated my game since 2023 and I suppose I still won't be updating it anytime soon. :/ Recent patches have had too many major bugs.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    The bug list is getting really bad lately.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    I haven't updated my game since 2023 and I suppose I still won't be updating it anytime soon. :/ Recent patches have had too many major bugs.

@haneul, really? 2023? That's... oddly reassuring.

I certainly won't be updating anytime soon. I guess, since my game works now, hopefully it will continue to work. (knock on wood)
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    @haneul @luciusstorm
    I envy you... Smart choices.

Lumpinou and other modders did some analysis and posted it on the AHQ thread. The extent is quite serious.
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    Ooooh so that's why no one cared after my legacy founder died. Everyone--husband, two sons etc were right as rain immediately.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    haneul wrote: »

@haneul, really? 2023? That's... oddly reassuring.

I certainly won't be updating anytime soon. I guess, since my game works now, hopefully it will continue to work. (knock on wood)
    Since the For Rent patch, the game has had huge bugs. I don't want or care about a new patch or pack if it's broken, so I monitor AHQ and wait until the game seems stable before updating. Based on what's been publicly stated about EA earnings calls, Sims 4 packs seem to be selling well. I don't think there's much incentive for them to implement bug fixes before new content is released, so I don't trust any new releases especially when new mechanics are added.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member

Just to add that on AHQ @crinrict has advised:
    The best thing to do for everyone is to not touch any legacy saves and just play around with some features you've been waning to try out for a long while but never got around too

Also keep backups.

(Hope it's OK to quote you here, @crinrict, but this sounded pretty worrying so I thought simmers on this forum should be aware of it in case they haven't seen the thread on AHQ.)
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I've already played in my 10 generation save lmao oops (-screaming-). I hope it's alright, and at least I have backups. Distant backups, but backups nonetheless.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited March 4

So yeah... The mourning period after Mortimer's death was super fast. It just needs a patch and a reload to get over it...

Shorter mourning times are a very acceptable bug 😁

Everybody seems to be in apocalyptic mood, but after playing vanilla with the new patch/pack for 48 hours I must say that the game is in better shape than in years.
  • Options
    CristianoCristiano Posts: 138 Member
    I think EA needs to slow down releases for awhile and focus on improving their QA processes and patching more issues instead of creating new ones.
  • Options

Everybody seems to be in apocalyptic mood, but after playing vanilla with the new patch/pack for 48 hours I must say that the game is in better shape than in years.

Problem with this bug is that it has gameplay consequences. E.g. if the sim you’re playing gets pregnant, apparently it’s advisable not to quit the game until the baby’s born — because of this bug. I personally don’t tend to play the whole duration of a sim pregnancy in one game session as I don’t have the time, so pregnancy’s off for all my sims until this gets fixed. That’s just one example.
  • Options

Problem with this bug is that it has gameplay consequences. E.g. if the sim you’re playing gets pregnant, apparently it’s advisable not to quit the game until the baby’s born — because of this bug. I personally don’t tend to play the whole duration of a sim pregnancy in one game session as I don’t have the time, so pregnancy’s off for all my sims until this gets fixed. That’s just one example.

Does the pregnancy disappear otherwise?
  • Options
    edited March 4
    I don't know, but that's at least the concern because all long-duration moodlets are disappearing when you quit. I'm not remotely techy so I don't understand it, but there's an explanation on the AHQ thread.

ETA: I'd be very happy if someone was able to reassure me that it's fine to quit mid pregnancy :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    This may help explain what's happening.

Conclusions from the discussions of the Modding Community (in this case involving mostly Lot51, adeepindigo, myself and MizoreYukii):
    This is a patch issue and not a mod issue.
    It affects all "temporary commodity" buffs, EA's and mods'.

More here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Moodlets-disappear-from-sims-upon-loading-a-save/m-p/13535376#M272788
  • Options
    I don't know, but that's at least the concern because all long-duration moodlets are disappearing when you quit. I'm not remotely techy so I don't understand it, but there's an explanation on the AHQ thread.

ETA: I'd be very happy if someone was able to reassure me that it's fine to quit mid pregnancy :)

I made a quick tests - pregnancies and trimester moodlets remain.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    This may help explain what's happening.

Conclusions from the discussions of the Modding Community (in this case involving mostly Lot51, adeepindigo, myself and MizoreYukii):
    This is a patch issue and not a mod issue.
    It affects all "temporary commodity" buffs, EA's and mods'.

More here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Moodlets-disappear-from-sims-upon-loading-a-save/m-p/13535376#M272788

Thank you!
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.