Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch February 27 (Emergency Patch Has Released)

Comments

• Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    Mailbox working and social interactions working is of course good. Shopping cart only flashing "as intended" is not. It shouldn't flash, at all, ever!! It shouldn't be there! Remove it!!!
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    By the sound of it I'll consider myself lucky that I don't have the cart button showing up in my game.
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    edited February 29
    I just checked and the bugs I was experiencing (mailbox and guitar interactions unavailable) seem to be gone now. Thanks for the quick fix!

BUT...

When testing I was greeted with the shopping cart button that did not pulse anymore as before, BUT instead featured a new blinking light that emits light periodically (it wasn't there before, I even checked some creator videos to make sure).

So you basically changed a pulsating button to a pulsating light?!

And what does "more frequently than intended" mean? Will I have to click this button every day to get rid of the light? Will it be as broken as the calendar light?

This is still completely unacceptable!
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    The MCCC hotfix for this doesn't seem to be recognised after placing it back in after last nights emergency update.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    They still haven't fixed the "expelled teens not being able to reenroll in school" problem. 😭😭
    Come on, you can literally resuscitate a sim but not reenroll in High School ?? That makes no sense. Please fix it, it's taking away all the fun from HSY in my opinion. Especially if, like me, you play with aging off, and have done nothing to get your teens expelled.

Also, the shopping cart feels intrusive, I don't like feeling like I'm being pressured into buying stuff, and usually it has the opposite effect on me.

@Dianesims
    I think they said quite awhile back that they aren’t going to fix sims that have already been expelled, but here is something you might want to try if that is true, and you really want your sim back going to school in HSY.

You could writr down your sims skills and skill levels, and write down the most important relationships your sim teen has ( just ignore ones you don’t mind your teen losing ) and the relationship and love levels. Take all your teens inventory out and either place it somewhere in your house or in another sims inventory. Make sure you have no more than 7 sims in your household. Take your sims into CAS. Write down all of your sims likes and dislikes. Make an identical Twin of your teen sim, Give the twin the same traits, same voice, same walk, same name etc. ( I’m assuming you can give them the same name ). Make sure you give the twin all the same likes and dislikes. Cheat the twins relationships ( that you care about ) to the same level as your teen sim. Cheat your teens skill levels onto the twin too. You won’t have milestones if you have earned any with your teen sim and you may have minor differences like left and right handed. I’m not sure if you can cheat slight differences in the age. But if you play with aging off that probably shouldn’t matter much, as you can still age them when you want to.. Once you have everything the same on the twin as you do your teen. ( including relationships son, brother etc. ) then x out your teen sim ( which you are replacing with the twin ).They will have to earn their grades and stuff again, unless you can cheat them. After you get out of CAS give your sims inventory back to them,
    if you really want your sim back in school this may be a work around, if it’s that important to you. It’s a lot of work though….

Or, maybe you could beg the dev’s to make a cheat to get your sim back in school. That might be easier…..
  • Options
    edited February 29
    Ok, since the Quick fix, does the game seem to have any other big bugs? I’m on laptop

If not I want to go in, download the patch, and buy the Goth and Castle kits. And if the Creative Crystals stuff pack has no big bugs I want to buy it in a couple days too. I’m excited to get back to playing, and catching up.
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    edited February 29
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Ok, since the Quick fix, does the game seem to have any other big bugs? I’m on laptop

If not I want to go in, download the patch, and buy the Goth and Castle kits. And if the Creative Crystals stuff pack has no big bugs I want to buy it in a couple days too. I’m excited to get back to playing, and catching up.

Mine is crashing when attempting to sell items from household inventory. I have reported it.

Edit: It is only crashing when deleting the "Supreme Freelancer Award" that my sims always receive when they complete a university degree...for some reason.
    Post edited by kerryemmiebeth on
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member

No other major problems so far, all good on my laptop here.

• Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

@EA_Cade A simple solution to the "shopping cart" would be to have in game-options the ability to switch it on and off. Similar to the tutorial help button.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I am SO glad I haven't played for a few days. No update, no shopping cart, no emergency.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 29
    Cart Button is now on gallery for all to destroy play :)

01.jpg
    I decided that their human form should just be MFPS costume cause aliens forms can't be linked
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

01.jpg
    I decided that their human form should just be MFPS costume cause aliens forms can't be linked

Excellent >:)
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Emergency patch for social menu just dropped.

Patch is rolling out now on PC (EA app, Epic Games Store) and Xbox.

Steam, Origin, and PlayStation coming soon.

Stay tuned for the notes.

Origin and Steam patches are rolling out now.

PlayStation please hang in there, we're waiting for confirmation from Sony to get the patch to you; we didn't forget about you. <3

PlayStation has now received the patch as well. All platforms should no longer see the constantly pulsing shopping cart or the broken pie menu interactions.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 718 Member
    edited February 29

PlayStation has now received the patch as well. All platforms should no longer see the constantly pulsing shopping cart or the broken pie menu interactions.

Okay, so the PlayStation patch has been released, but the button now flashes ADDITIONAL LIGHT instead of pulsing the default amount of light that is already in the cart button? Is this true? This sounds WORSE for people with seizures! I am leaving my PlayStation OFF and I am NOT buying Crystal Creations today.

Back to my homework. A friend told me this morning that his grandfather said that one of the few things no one can steal from you is your education. I wish I could say the same things about my game.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 718 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

Can someone who is healthy enough to play their game destroy play Cart Button for me as my proxy. Thanks!

• Options
    @kerryemmiebeth & @Brd709

Thanks so much for your input! I will download the goth and castle kit later today or early tomorrow after the great crystal creations rush!
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited February 29
    Well I could do that but it sounds quite tedious, especially if they get expelled again (because it’s actually way too easy and you don’t even have a warnings.

Technically there’s a cheat that removes the “expelled from High School” trait but it only allows you to reenroll for a day and you get expelled at the end of said day. All they have to do is make it work permanently.

@EA_Cade Would it be possible ? Pleaaaaaase *puppy eyes*
    It makes no sense that we can resuscitate our sims but not reenroll a (wrongly!!) expelled teen in high school.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    They still haven't fixed the "expelled teens not being able to reenroll in school" problem. 😭😭
    Come on, you can literally resuscitate a sim but not reenroll in High School ?? That makes no sense. Please fix it, it's taking away all the fun from HSY in my opinion. Especially if, like me, you play with aging off, and have done nothing to get your teens expelled.

Also, the shopping cart feels intrusive, I don't like feeling like I'm being pressured into buying stuff, and usually it has the opposite effect on me.

@Dianesims
    I think they said quite awhile back that they aren’t going to fix sims that have already been expelled, but here is something you might want to try if that is true, and you really want your sim back going to school in HSY.

You could writr down your sims skills and skill levels, and write down the most important relationships your sim teen has ( just ignore ones you don’t mind your teen losing ) and the relationship and love levels. Take all your teens inventory out and either place it somewhere in your house or in another sims inventory. Make sure you have no more than 7 sims in your household. Take your sims into CAS. Write down all of your sims likes and dislikes. Make an identical Twin of your teen sim, Give the twin the same traits, same voice, same walk, same name etc. ( I’m assuming you can give them the same name ). Make sure you give the twin all the same likes and dislikes. Cheat the twins relationships ( that you care about ) to the same level as your teen sim. Cheat your teens skill levels onto the twin too. You won’t have milestones if you have earned any with your teen sim and you may have minor differences like left and right handed. I’m not sure if you can cheat slight differences in the age. But if you play with aging off that probably shouldn’t matter much, as you can still age them when you want to.. Once you have everything the same on the twin as you do your teen. ( including relationships son, brother etc. ) then x out your teen sim ( which you are replacing with the twin ).They will have to earn their grades and stuff again, unless you can cheat them. After you get out of CAS give your sims inventory back to them,
    if you really want your sim back in school this may be a work around, if it’s that important to you. It’s a lot of work though….

Or, maybe you could beg the dev’s to make a cheat to get your sim back in school. That might be easier…..

• Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    My shopping cart had a blinking light at first and when I didn't click on it and changed families a couple of times it started to pulsate and that's when I closed the game :| Now I started it again and it's back to the blinking light.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    haisin wrote: »
    My shopping cart had a blinking light at first and when I didn't click on it and changed families a couple of times it started to pulsate and that's when I closed the game :| Now I started it again and it's back to the blinking light.

Do you play online or offline?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I finally updated and bought the new stuff pack, I am playing offline and while the cart button is there it is not pulsing nor blinking light of any kind. Again, I am playing offline.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    haisin wrote: »

Do you play online or offline?

I played online and would prefer to do so, but but... going offline is tempting :/
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Does anyone have a video/gif of the cart's blinking light, or a link to one? The pulsating probably wouldn't have hurt my eyes, but some lights give me horrible headaches, and I'd like to see if I'm effected by this before I update if possible.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    the "Supreme Freelancer Award" that my sims always receive when they complete a university degree...for some reason.

that's a weird one @kerryemmiebeth ! here is the bug thread for it
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DU-Sims-Receive-Freelancer-Award-After-Final-Degree-Report/m-p/8687668
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I have a question about that shopping cart? Is that a regional or personal thing? Because I don't have it and I don't want it either. Especially after reading about the flashlight I'm very happy not having such intrusive and distracting symbol in my game. I've read that other don't have it too. It's alright to get the information about new packs in the ea app and on the main menu, simmers buy it anyway, there is no absolutely need for ingame purchases. I despite ingame shops from the bottom of my heart. I tend to play not for long in such games.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Daravi wrote: »
    I have a question about that shopping cart? Is that a regional or personal thing? Because I don't have it and I don't want it either. Especially after reading about the flashlight I'm very happy not having such intrusive and distracting symbol in my game. I've read that other don't have it too. It's alright to get the information about new packs in the ea app and on the main menu, simmers buy it anyway, there is no absolutely need for ingame purchases. I despite ingame shops from the bottom of my heart. I tend to play not for long in such games.

I’m not sure if anyone knows why/how some people have it and some don’t (it seems random?). I’m in the northeast USA and I do have the the shopping cart in my game. My experience with it hasn’t been too bad, it hasn’t moved/blinked or had a light on it at all. I have all packs (except 3 of the kits) installed, I just picked up the new SP tonight. If I click on the cart it just says something like “you’ve seen it all, check the Home Screen for more info” (something like that anyway). I personally don’t care for the cart (I don’t see the purpose), but at least I didn’t really notice it in the few hours I played tonight. I will mod it out if I see it flashing/blinking/etc. I have TwistedMexi’s mod on stand by.