Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch February 27 (Emergency Patch Has Released)

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,442 Member
    Strange that the hello doesn't include all languages in which the game is available.
    Update 27 February 2024
    PC: 1.105.297.1030 / Mac: 1.105.297.1230
    Console: 1.87

Sul Sul, Simmers and Bok, Ciao, Cześć, Dia Dhaoibh, Guten Tag, Hola, Hej Hej, Helô, Moikka, Привіт, Sveiki, Merhaba, Tungjatjeta, and Hello from around the world!It’s an extra special leap year, because in just a few days we’ll be releasing The Sims 4 Crystal Creations Stuff Pack. Additionally, today's update addresses a number of issues reported by the community to make playing the game even better! Thank you for your continued reports via AHQ.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

-The Sims 4 Team

What’s New?
    In this update you might see a new button in the top right corner of your screen.

This cart emblazoned button has many uses ranging from sharing pack offers and sales information to recommending packs you might be interested in. All accessible without leaving the comfort of your Sims’ homes.

Does anyone have a screenshot of this new icon? Is this the start of adds for packs in the game itself?
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 443 Member
    Welp, I’ll be skipping this update for the time being. I think the shopping cart will annoy me more than the holiday bug, and I have to wait for mod updates anyway. And a new mod to get rid of the pulsating shopping cart, apparently.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    The way that cart button pulses is EXTREMELY distracting and annoying

Ugh... Yeah... And it starts repulsing after a while even if you clicked it already. Very annoying.
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,924 Member
    Screenshot-20240227-145156-2.png

• Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    What has me concerned is that the "cart" button could be a precursor to microtransactions in the game.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    if they add that means under 18 can't play as that would lead to them using parents credit card.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,453 Member
    columbia93 wrote: »
    I just went in "clean" and everything loaded up fine. Mods next.

There's a new thing - a Discovery Quest for skills. UGH. The game's been around for 10 years and I've been playing for over 4 years...don't appreciate the Discovery Quests, much too late for most of us. So I have to remember to opt out or I spend half my time closing them up, then getting yelled at by EA prompts for doing so!

@columbia93 I believe you can turn discovery quests off in game options.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,924 Member
    Maybe it's only there for a short while after loading the game.

Screenshot-20240227-150445-2.png
  • Options
    I haven't updated yet (still at work) but I *do not* like the idea of an in-game shopping cart. At. All.

I much prefer buying from the App instead.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,189 Member
    Yea no flashing cart button here either. May have been when I first loaded but I never even noticed. But definitely not there now.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,101 Member
    How does MCCC work after this update?
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,655 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Yea no flashing cart button here either. May have been when I first loaded but I never even noticed. But definitely not there now.

OK, this actually makes me nervous. Does it really disappear? Does it come back?
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 516 Member
    Does the button still flash if you play offline? I’m really hoping not… I do not like the sound of this at all, though I haven’t yet seen it in my game.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    I have a display glitch with the new UI button going on in my game. The icons are all jumbled up, stacked on top of each other. I don't have any mods that effect UI. And I checked my Options settings for the UI scale, and it was on default. Anyone else have an issue like this?
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113782&authkey=%21AGOpqPk983RVOcE&width=500&height=130
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113781&authkey=%21ABx44Oa_V7zQBYo&width=500&height=67
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    For me the button was not visible first in one save and then appeared in another afterwards... 🤔
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 516 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »

I saw on Discord that MCCC is broken and there’s a hotfix coming out soon. The update broke a lot of script mods.
  • Options
    Adria22Adria22 Posts: 16 Member
    > @lanlyn said:
    > I have a display glitch with the new UI button going on in my game. The icons are all jumbled up, stacked on top of each other. I don't have any mods that effect UI. And I checked my Options settings for the UI scale, and it was on default. Anyone else have an issue like this?

It is mod for sure. I had similar issues in the past with some of them. Maybe more traits? Or more columns in CAS? Tool from TwistedMexi?
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited February 27
    @Adria22 Thanks, I figured it out! It was Better Build/Buy.

OK, I uninstalled Better Build/Buy by Tmex, and the icon glitch was gone. Apparently that mod effects the Live Mode UI too, not just BB, which I didn't know. Anyway, I'll report that Better BB needs an update. Just heads-up for anyone else using that mod.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113783&authkey=%21AGbFL5t42qXywbg&width=500&height=69
  • Options

I saw on Discord that MCCC is broken and there’s a hotfix coming out soon. The update broke a lot of script mods.

@FreddyFox1234 A hot fix has been released now so just about to try it out now

Anyone what the houseDescription.client package file is all about? Is this new?
  • Options

@FreddyFox1234 @Brd709 the hotfix for mccc is out. Just a small one to fix a LE.
  • Options
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @Adria22 Thanks, I figured it out! It was Better Build/Buy.

OK, I uninstalled Better Build/Buy by Tmex, and the icon glitch was gone. Apparently that mod effects the Live Mode UI too, not just BB, which I didn't know. Anyway, I'll report that Better BB needs an update. Just heads-up for anyone else using that mod.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113783&authkey=%21AGbFL5t42qXywbg&width=500&height=69

@lanlyn I use Tmex's BB so thanks for the heads-up 🙂.
  • Options
    SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    In short - EAxis fixed a bug that some modders fixed in their mods a while back, so now those mods need their fix removed so they work again. That is why MCCC just needed a hotfix to be fine.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,442 Member
    Screenshot-20240227-145156-2.png

Thanks for showing what it looks like. I was gonna wait for my mods to be ready before updating. Maybe I will wait longer. This means waiting with the cristal creations stuff pack as well, so the shopping cart will delay me buying the new SP🤔 So be it.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    edited February 27
    Sim realist mods need to be updated as well and Meaningful Stories.
  • Options
    edited February 27
    My child sim just did this autonomously after update:
    4Wy2hAA.png

She's running on it as adults would with no issues but she's floating on it. But there no options to click on the others. I have no other mods apart from MCCC.

But there's no interaction in her queue:
    cb25Sf2.png