Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

• [Feature] Family Values

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,242 Member
edited February 28 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

Why the Landgraab disowned Johnny Zest ?
Because he drop out of school and he choose the wrong career.

I came to the conclusion that he dishonored the Landgraab name by going against their Family Values, causing an extreme reaction of the whole family.

In this case the Family Values could be Hard Work and Ambition (Criminal, Business, Politics, Law careers or Own business).

The Landgraab family is probably proud of the members who are wealthy.

The other Family Values could be :
  • Loyalty (to the family)
  • Family First / Family Time (Spend time with the family before the friends)
  • Honor (Good reputation)
  • Justice (Always punish bad behaviors, not sure how it could be in the game)
  • Self-Reliance (Trust no one)
  • Self-Discipline / Self-Care (Fitness & wellness)
  • Education / Career
  • Finances
  • Freedom (Do everything you want)
  • Kindness
  • Nastiness
  • Responsibility / Sense of Duty (in opposition to Noncommittal trait)

These Family Values are inherited generation after generation but parents can decide to change them for their children.
If these new Family Values are incompatible with the ones of the rest of the family, it will causes negative relationships between these 2 parts of the family.

Same issue if there are conflicts with the Family Values of the future spouse.
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I like what you are suggesting. I kind of think that we as players should also be able to come up with our own deep-seated values for families. I would include options for creativity, intellectual development, community leadership and some sort of liberal values and traditional values (not in a simple political sense but as ethics, essentially). I see you added freedom which I agree with but I might add a few more. There might also be a value about avoiding harming others which would go along with vegetarianism, the Good trait, and not engaging in deception or mischief.

You can kind of do this with personal likes and dislikes but I agree that you could make an option for some baseline traits for families over time.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,345 Member
    This would add some welcome depth. Additionally family values could also modify skill gain a little.