Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crystal Creations Negative thread

Here,you place concerns and critiques

Comments

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

The clothes are the only meh for me in this pack, they look like leftovers from the Realm of Magic pack nobody wanted -.-
    But this can't stop my excitement ^^ We get a lot here for a Stuff Pack <3
    3bc7904fb5b84142cbb30552d0173e94565e2624.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    edited February 20
    Oh and: Will we ever get a m/m couple featured in a trailer (again)? 👨‍❤️‍👨
    (EDIT: oh there was! In the My Wedding Stories Cats and Dogs Trailer!)
    ff7eb21fea7e6927d61c3691aa56a8a9ab92f87e.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    My only complaint with the pack.Is it dosent look exciting to me.
  • Options
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    (EDIT: oh there was! In the My Wedding Stories Trailer!)
    ff7eb21fea7e6927d61c3691aa56a8a9ab92f87e.pnj

Don't you mean cats and dogs?
  • Options
    edited February 20
    @Horrorgirl6 oh right! I'll correct that! Thanks ^^'
    The-Sims-4-Cats-Dogs-Official-Reveal-Trailer-164.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited February 21
    I do think that male clothing looks little bit like after thought
    like why don't they get crystal shoes and hanging jewellery?
    sure maybe it just doesn't show in this trailer

or they could wear feminine outfits I guess
    but what if I wanted very masculine crystal king?

and speaking of royalty
    crowns and tiaras would have been cool addition to make via this skill
    for our weddings and castle adventures

but yes mostly just little details like that in my mind at the moment otherwise seems promising
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    Honestly, both the clothing and the bb are really unattractive to me. I didn't think I could get less use out of a pack's bb than I do with DU, but this pack might beat it. And I probably use more C&D clothing than I can see myself using from this pack, which is saying a lot. If I buy it, I'll be buying primarily for gemology and to get more out of collecting, so the gameplay had better be really robust. For example, I use gameplay from HCH literally every sim day, so that's a high bar.

SatchOnSims pretty much sums it up for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyj0-j8bqxg&amp;t=303s
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited February 21
    @PandoraTO funny you should bring up DU furniture
    I use that religiously even if i don't play with university all that much :joy:
    just different build styles it seems :)
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited February 21
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    (EDIT: oh there was! In the My Wedding Stories Cats and Dogs Trailer!)
    Tbh I was thinking that too lol. Not necessarily that we should get an m/m couple in a trailer, just that we're getting yet another femme, young adult couple. I'm hoping the lead sim is nonbinary or transmasc or something, but at least I can appreciate that they're more androgynous. They break the mold a bit. Meanwhile, Cats and Dogs was 7 years ago, and Brent and Brant were only part of a big cast of stories.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Which style aesthetics does this pack choose? It's too similar to RoM GP, I would like some steampunk outfits.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Also I'm kind of annoyed that with every craft table requires you to stand up while you're working on them. It's awkward to just stand and work for hours when you don't need to. And it's not like the marketers aren't aware, because they put a chair beside the crafter table in the trailer, to give the impression that one sits and works at the table.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    Also I'm kind of annoyed that with every craft table requires you to stand up while you're working on them. It's awkward to just stand and work for hours when you don't need to. And it's not like the marketers aren't aware, because they put a chair beside the crafter table in the trailer, to give the impression that one sits and works at the table.

I guess it is easy too reuse the crafting animations.
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

On all crafting benches is Sims standing working. I suspect reasonably that Maxis recycles some animations...
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    My negatives so far:
    - there seems to be nothing for children. A necklace or pair of earrings for younger sims would be nice. We haven't seen all assets yet so there is still some hope
    - no new aspiration. If there was an aspiration I expect it would have been mentioned in the blog post.

Which style aesthetics does this pack choose? It's too similar to RoM GP, I would like some steampunk outfits.

Steampunk outfits is something we don't have yet but I am not feeling Steampunk with this pack. I think the clothes really match the witchy vibes. Perhaps we will get them in another pack.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Id love some steampunk outfits too!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I want steampunk as well!
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    - no new aspiration. If there was an aspiration I expect it would have been mentioned in the blog post.

I thought so too, but I checked the blog post for HCH (which has two aspirations) and they are not mentioned there... So I still have hope. It would be nice to get two aspirations, one for good and one for evil crystal stuff.
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I don't really care a lot about sims standing and not sitting at a working table. It's a detail that in some cases makes the full thing less realistic, but hey-ho, it's just a gamme. If reusing standing animations meant that I got two hairstyles, four furniture items and 16 jewelry designes extra, I'm happy with that :) If we in the future must stand to sort our collection of stamps (predicting a future "TS4 Stamps Collection Stuff Pack"), that will be a different story :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I thought so too, but I checked the blog post for HCH (which has two aspirations) and they are not mentioned there... So I still have hope. It would be nice to get two aspirations, one for good and one for evil crystal stuff.

Then there is still hope :)
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    It's cool that vampires, werewolves and spellcasters get special effects from moonstone BUT why are mermaids forgotten? :/ And aliens too? Or did they just forget to mention them?

I would have also loved to have seashell jewellry.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    edited February 23
    haisin wrote: »
    It's cool that vampires, werewolves and spellcasters get special effects from moonstone BUT why are mermaids forgotten? :/ And aliens too? Or did they just forget to mention them?

I would have also loved to have seashell jewellry.

Seashell jewelry would have been lovely. Also, pearls, lots of pearls, white, pink and black too, and colorful sea glass.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    haisin wrote: »

They didn't cover all the crystals there are (at least from what I've seen other people post about it - I'm not on X), so could be more for them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    I’m betting there will be at least one aspiration. It’ll probably just involve leveling up in gemology skill and selling stuff, though.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I think this looks great overall, but I'm a little sad that we're probably getting this in place of the jewelry and glassblowing machine from TS3. So if we don't get them in this pack, we will probably never get the ability to make stained glass windows, glass vases, etc.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I think this looks great overall, but I'm a little sad that we're probably getting this in place of the jewelry and glassblowing machine from TS3. So if we don't get them in this pack, we will probably never get the ability to make stained glass windows, glass vases, etc.

We already have quite a lot of vases in game and stained glass windows. I would like if they gave us some vases with 1-3 slots that we could put flowers in, no arrangement necessary. Sometimes my sims collect some flowers but they don't do flower arranging and it would be nice if they could display the flowers they find anyway.