May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you Team 'Natural' πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ or Team 'SUPERnatural'? RESULTS πŸ§›πŸΊπŸ§™β€β™€οΈπŸ§œβ€β™‚οΈπŸ§

Β«1
Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
Do you play with supernaturals in The Sims 4? πŸ§›πŸΊπŸ§™β€β™€οΈπŸ§œβ€β™‚οΈπŸ§
Or do you avoid them?

Edit: This is a 'In which Team are you?' question on purpose.
You can't be in both teams ;)
You play with supernaturals = Team Supernatural
You don't play with supernaturals = Team Natural

If you like, you can add in the comments, why so.
Or how your 'normal' Sims react on supernatural Sims.
Do they peacefully live together side by side or are there conflicts?
Or which other supernaturals do you want to see in the future.
Or what else comes to your mind about supernaturals :3

In our game, we have the Council, an anti-creature organisation.
They suppress the supernaturals and want to get rid of their powers (and them).
938f18f210c75b11cb27655144a230ff39cd7622.jpg

And then there is the Resistance.
Creatures who help other creatures and act against the Council.
791e95d628d7bcea724088a297ced639938a8daf.jpg

This poll is anonymous, no one will see what you voted for πŸ•΅οΈ
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
Post edited by Lenny_Ogg on

Are you Team 'Natural' πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ or Team 'SUPERnatural'? RESULTS πŸ§›πŸΊπŸ§™β€β™€οΈπŸ§œβ€β™‚οΈπŸ§ 102 votes

Team 'Natural' πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ
26% 27 votes
Team 'SUPERnatural'! πŸ§›πŸΊπŸ§™β€β™€οΈπŸ§œβ€β™‚οΈπŸ§
73% 75 votes

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,475 Member
    I love to escape in a fantasy. Even when I try to play a realistic game, some sort of super natural element sneaks into my save.

In my game supernaturals and regular sims live side by side. No friction or prejudice between different kinds of sims.Supernaturals just have that little bit extra character. Their supernatural nature is part of my sims identity. Once a sim gained a supernatural nature, they keep it indefinitely.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,058 Member
    edited February 16
    Team Coexistence πŸ₯°

But if I must choose then SupernaturalsπŸ‰
    going on witch/vampire hunt is not my scene πŸ§›β€β™€οΈ

it might be some of my other sims scene though
    as in my save opinions on occults vary sim to sim

as for what occults I want in future
    it would be nice to have Fairies πŸ§šβ€β™€οΈ and Dragons πŸ‰ in specific

but I also welcome all other occults we may get πŸ’š
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 970 Member
    Definitely natural. I never play with supernaturals unless there's a ghost I want to de-deadify because they died for stupid ("hysterical laughter"?!) reasons.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,091 Member
    Supernaturals :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 185 Member
    Most of my Sims are natural, because I usually can't relate to supernatural stories. But I have all these packs and a few of my Sims are supernaturals (Vampire, Werewolf and a Mermaid), as well. The mermaid is from a city located at the coast, the werewolf is a person who is hot-tempered from time to time and the vampire is a relative of my most important character who is kind of identical to him, but he died 100 years ago, so... he needed to come back as a vampire in The Sims :smiley:
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 718 Member
    I play only human sims (accompanied by talking dogs horses and other critters), however all other occults present as NPCs are welcome in my game play. If a compelling story line develops with one they may even break into the comics I make. πŸ‘½πŸ…°οΈπŸ†—
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐢Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, πŸ˜‘Loner
    My Stories: πŸ€·πŸ»πŸ• Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | πŸŒƒDark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 554 Member
    edited February 16
    I'm kind of on both teams. My default would be to play on team natural, but I do like to have some saves where I focus on the supernaturals and do something totally different with them, enjoying having special abilities and powers and just living in fantasy land. I don't mix the two, so I try to avoid my 'normal' sims interacting with supernatural sims. E.g. werewolves stay in Moonwood Mill, and I steer clear of any vampires I spot out and about in my non-fantasy saves. ETA: apart from Batuu, which is a fantasy holiday for my 'normal' sims.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,463 Member
    I play naturals but the supernaturals have found their way into my game as friends and acquaintances of my natural sims. Mostly they just lurk around and I have no idea they are supernatural. No one married in yet though I have a single sim that's interested in pursuing a vampire and another that was a plant sim for a short while.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,083 Member
    I have yet to incorporate the supernatural elements in my game, but that does not mean I never will. I have a version of the apocalyptic terrarium challenge in mind where everyone but my sim are supernatural (and very dangerous to normal sims). It is an idea that will have to wait, however until I am done with my current save and that looks to take a while.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I play with mostly naturals but I honestly play a little with supernaturals. I like keeping them mostly separate but there are a few supernatural plots and I have my own lore about the supernaturals. I would say that the naturals mostly don't know the supernaturals exist unless the supernaturals want them to know. Mostly, they prefer to be separate. Vampires don't age or die so that influences how they socialize. The few Sims who have become supernaturals tend to disappear from the regular society. "Where did that Sim go? - They went to Forgotten Hollow or one of the other supernatural worlds." I haven't played with Spellcasters or Werewolves yet. I might try out a werewolf sometime in Moonwood Mill.

I have my own unique approach. My style is not all family play though I have a lot of families. It's more like imaginative reality.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,052 Member
    Team supernatural for me. I used to play exclusively with vampires, and briefly I had some werewolf sims. Since I started writing and sharing stories I've barely touched the supernaturals. When I decided to write and share my first story I wanted to do something different so I made that one supernatural free. The other active story I currently have does have a supernatural element but I'm not sure if that will last. When I started the story it was going to be supernatural free also. Then I had an idea for a short subplot and it included vampires and now I'm torn between wrapping it up, the vampire in question has said in the story that she wants to regain her humanity, and expanding on it by having her change her mind. If you're a reader of my story Schemes & Dreams, don't worry that last sentence didn't contain any spoilers. I literally have no idea if Anna still plans to go through with taking the cure, if she's changed her mind, or if she's waffling.πŸ€” It's still a mystery even to me.πŸ™‚
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    Both. You missed that option ;)
  • Options
    edited February 16
    @elanorbreton
    That's the point of a 'Which team are you on?' question. There's no way out. Wether you play with supernaturals or you don't.
    There is no 'both' ;)
    eb29d50ac87c2a14cfaa234267f842671a03d10b.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 463 Member
    I tend to play naturals, with the exception being aliens because… aliens! πŸ‘½ I have mermaids in my game, too, but I’ve only tried playing one once, and I found it boring.

I don’t own any of the occult packs yet because I’m not sure how much I’d get out of them since I’m not interested in playing those particular occults. I might buy Vampires as part of a bundle one day, but I probably won’t play as vampires much.

If they fleshed out ghosts, though, I’d probably be interested in playing them.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,359 Member
    I don't play vampires because... I don't play vampires. (Unless you count that one VtM game back in the late 90's that is a big part of *why* I don't play vampires.)

If Zombies were in TS4, I probably wouldn't play them, because I find Zombies ... boring, as supernatural threats go. (They're monsters, not villains.)

Otherwise, I usually play with supernaturals. I prefer Spellcasters, because other than the occasional call challenging my sim to a duel, I can decide how much I want the supernatural side to intrude on their life. Sometimes they're all about learning all the spells and getting all the Spellcaster perks. Other times, they learn Scruberroo and maybe Repario and otherwise pretend they're a normal sim.

Once we get faeries, on the other hand, I have a feeling that spellcasters will fall firmly into second place. Even if they're just Pixies, I'll probably play them a lot, even as I miss my Boggarts and Kobalds and Redcaps and Spriggans and Leprechauns and Sidhe and Leshy and Domovoi and ....

I like Fae folk, okay? :smiley:

I keep meaning to play more Mermaids and Werewolves, but the stories just haven't lined up right. And I haven't played Aliens in a while, but that's mostly because I haven't played with the Scientist career in a while.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    @elanorbreton
    That's the point of a 'Which team are you on?' question. There's no way out. Wether you play with supernaturals or you don't.
    There is no 'both' ;)
    Um... I don't understand why there can't be a both lol. I guess since I do play them sometimes I would have to be classed as being on the supernatural team.

But for supernaturals I would like to see - fairies and genies. I have no idea why I liked genies so much in TS3 but I did so I'd love them to come back. Maybe it's cos my genies spent a lot of time conjuring up instant food. Yum.
  • Options
    @elanorbreton
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,704 Member
    edited February 16
    I’ve not always been a fantasy player, but my current save is 3 years old, now and is definitely supernatural. It’s probably my favorite game, ever.

I started my game as a fantasy game using mostly occult premades and sticking as closely as I could to existing lore. I pulled Morgyn Ember out to play as my main character. The game is set in the modern world where both supernatural and humans exist, but there is conflict.

1. How do your 'normal' Sims react on supernatural Sims.
    Some are friends, some aren’t. It’s complicated.

2. Do they peacefully live together side by side or are there conflicts?
    After trying to gain acceptance from humans for ages, the supernatural beings finally withdrew and created their own world called The Myst. Humans mostly leave them alone, for now.

3. Which other supernaturals do you want to see in the future.
    Fairies, elves, dragons and unicorns would nicely round out my world.

Or what else comes to your mind about supernaturals?

For newer occult players, I’d like to invite you to the thread below. We created it as a place to socialize, share our games and have a lot of fun exploring our supernaturals. It’s gotten quiet in the drought since the Werewolf pack came out, but we hope to get it active again.

Blue Moon Potions, Potables and Ponderings
  • Options
    cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    edited February 16
    My Sims are mostly natural, but I never rule out Supernaturals because I never know where my story might take me. My latest game, for example, my landlord Sim married his tenant and she was a mermaid. I hadn't planned it that way, but they made such a cute couple that I went with it. I also tend to have at least one Sim in a save become a vampire. I don't know why, it just always seems to happen. There's just something about the immortality that draws me to it. :smiley: My Sims always coexist together peacefully. Supernaturals aren't considered "oddities" or anything like that. The only time I had any conflict was when I first got Werewolves and wanted to play up the whole hating vampires thing. In the end, they became friends.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,360 Member
    I always include some supernatural elements in my saves, but which ones and what status they have (or whether they are even known/believed in) varies greatly. The default setup is this:

In my Detroitverse the most prominent "occults" are the sentient androids. They rank the same as service animals and can get bought and sold. In my main save they have achieved equal rights by now, but it was a long process. (It is very difficult to explain that you have a self, when the human can just go "No, I don't believe you, it's just a lifelike simulation".)

Next come the aliens, who are conveniently at the same technology level as the humans, but in a different field - Earth wins in industry/computer engineering and Sixam in medicine. That makes peaceful cooperation incredibly desireable.

And finally whenever Sixam is close to Earth, magic starts working. Because of that temporary nature my supernaturals will always be more loyal to their actual home countries than to their occult state.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Can't vote.

I'm typically a boring, everyday, as close to RL as possible player.

But, I started a save last year where my regular, normal human sim learned that there were actually supernaturals living among them that she never knew about.

So, she decided to open a very discreet match making service for wealthy (un-natural) beings, which she has a tendency to just nonchalantly introduce regular humans to her unique clients.

So yeah .... supernaturals are not my norm.

But, I allow them in my game, they're just not typically my "played" sims.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,500 Member
    I don't think I could play without supernaturals. As a lifelong Vampire enthusiast (and other beings of myth, lore and horror,) my game didn't get interesting until Vampires were added. I did play with ghosts a bit but... you know... they just weren't all that interesting. (Still rooting for a Ghost update with more Grim stuff and funerals.) To be honest, in my experience, the real world is just...disappointing, to say the least, so I have no desire whatsoever to play an accurate representation of it. The more things that can be added to my game to make it a strange, fictional universe, the better. I don't mind basing it loosely from our reality, but only in a satirical, overly dramatic, urban legendary kind of way. (Sims 2's approach comes to mind.)

How do my "normal" Sims react? Hmm. I don't think I would qualify most of my Sims as "normal" to begin with, lol. But okay, I do play many non-supernaturals. Depending on how I see their personalities, some would "believe" they exist but maybe not have proof, some would be completely oblivious (mostly the NPCs and townies) and some would be "in the know". I like to hold off with the knowledge until some kind of encounter happens (really, really wish I had Vampire break-ins again, it just doesn't happen much in my game at all) to cause a Sim to have more awareness and to start working it into conversations.

As for the Occult side, when I play an Occult, anything goes. They are free to terrorize the mundanes as much as they want. Drink deep, rage on, summon the deep, or set the world on fire if they must, if it makes things interesting. Without AI Sim police, monster hunters, or karmic consequences, I get bored too quickly and need to wreak havoc. That's not to say I don't have tales to tell or punishments, oh no. A reckless Occult can inadvertently create a vendetta if they cause too much chaos. Occults can also anger other Occults or turn a favored Sim as an act of war, or get too arrogant to the limits of their own power. But most of my Occults aren't that calamitous. There's definitely a lot of subtle "games" being played amongst them. I've played (and run) a lot of the original World of Darkness TTRPGs (to this day, V:tM is still my all-time favorite game) and much of my head-canon takes inspiration from those games. But really, what happens in my game depends on the household I'm playing, the mood I'm in, or something my Sim "communicates" to me on their own. I don't like to force stories onto my Sims, I prefer the stories to reveal themselves so I'm always looking for signs (like personal wants, random moods, calls they get, what they gravitate to, what kinds of autonomous conversations they have, things they discover, etc.) to point me in a direction of what to do next. I prefer unpredictable gameplay, which I admit, is often difficult to get from Sims 4. I do have MCCommand set to "risky vampirism" however, which really helps to stir up some surprises, lol.

Which Supernaturals do I want to see in the future? Well, all of them! :p Okay, seriously though, in addition to the Ghost update I mentioned above, I'd also really like to see a form of Mummies (I love ancient Egyptian lore!), Zombies, playable Reapers, and dark Fae. I know a lot of people want Fairies, and I have some makeshift ones in my game, but I'd really like to see them not be exclusively tiny, cutesy or benevolent , but also be based more from Grimm fairy tales and real folklore where they were dangerously mischievous, sometimes child-stealers who made dark pacts with humans that often ended in the human's folly. Give me Goblins! I'd want them to give the other Occults a run for their money. >:)

I also really, really want Superheroes and Supervillains. I just think they would work so well in Sims 4 and would be a great excuse for the return of both crime (like Burglars!) and the Police npcs. In addition, I'd also love Genies/Djinn, Dragons and other mythical beasts (how about having a pet Phoenix?! How awesome is that?!) and creatures/Occults from other cultures around the world. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 894 Member
    edited February 17
    I play both, therefore neither of your choices is me.
  • Options
    @Sara1010P
    This is a 'In which Team are you?' question on purpose.
    You can't be in both teams ;)

249df173d825262b2dc750267002426f0256c744.jpg
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,159 Member
    I'm mostly Supernatural player. However after playing Sims 4 for about 9 1/2 years. I also play, Historical, Futuristic, Family, Farming/Ranching & 20th Century Pop Culture.