Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 756 Member
    @GalacticGal I've been working on leveling up my sardonic wit skill level :)
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    When ancient traditions clash with modern conveniences...
    HaykeHk.png
    Cheers
    C.
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @GalacticGal, page 1361.
    Thank you!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,068 Member
    edited February 7
    @DaniRose2143 The build looks really really good!
    I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot what's going on with postimages if you want. My first suggestion would be to go and look at the image size both before and after upload. And bear in mind the forums automatically size images down to width 1600 pixels.
    It sounds like you have a good other solution though, so maybe never mind :)
    About sim population, time of day might be a factor. I've noticed lounges seem pretty dead in the middle of the day. IIRC you also have some mods that affect where and how sims show up on lots?

Charlie and Aya have some things to discuss about their relationship, and she makes a major revelation
    (it probably isn't what you think)
    05-27-23-4-15-38-PM.png

more here

• Options
    WattTheNagWattTheNag Posts: 55 Member
    I played Gavin and Paisley today. Gavin got promoted to Short Story writer and continued to write books. He also spent a lot of bro time with Mitchell and J, visiting hangouts including.the Blue Velvet nightclub and the Salty Paws Saloon.

Paisley spent her days painting, playing instruments and spending time with Gavin when he wasn’t working or writing. They got a corgi puppy called Tara who quickly became Paisley’s new best friend and has just aged up to adult dog.

Gavin had a birthday night out with Mitchell and j at the salty paws saloon and aged up to adult in a great mood.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,154 Member
    @mightysprite Thank you that's really sweet of you to offer. I'm 99.9% sure I have the issues with both Imgur and Postimages figured out. Yesterday or Monday Imgur changed the way you upload images. Their new way doesn't work if I have my VPN turned on. It no longer gives you the option to choose what size you want the image to be before you upload it either, but since the forum limits the width I'm good and I don't think there will be any noticeable difference with my pictures. I couldn't tell a difference with the ones I posted this morning. As for Postimages I discovered that they automatically compress hotlinks to a maximum of 1280px if you're using a free account.

I had a little bit this morning before I had to run errands to get a little work done with the game. I did my first quickie makeover on the Spencer-Kim-Lewis'. I didn't do anything with Olivia because I don't have much of my cc for kids installed. With the others all I did, mostly, was update hairstyles and fix outfits that we're 'broken', like Vivian's cold weather outfit😬🤣...

KHu7knT.png

Here she is with her new 'do and hot weather outfit...
    3KjFOj7.png

Taking a picture with Denis...

XAorj2W.png

I didn't do a lot with Eric's look. I added a skin overlay, a custom skin tone, and changed his beard and eyebrows...

bXoS1wT.png
    nwERCPz.png

Now, Alice was a bit of a different story. I promise, cross my heart, this Alice Spencer-Lewis! I didn't do anything except add a skin overlay, change her hair and do her makeup...😲🤯

uW4tK7V.png
    mDabmrq.png
    hHMaK1f.png
    Gd8eW2R.png
    NlOkiDp.png
    UbBC5Ec.png
    7LrNYhO.png

I have a cc modeling career and not surprisingly Alice is now in that career!
    KeKMzK3.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,942 Member
    @mightysprite
    A Llama, eh? That was certainly unexpected. Pardon me, if I do giggle. Nice plot twist. I never saw that one coming. Actually, I thought she wanted another baby. I enjoyed your update. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Today was a total and complete waste of my time. I decided to do some more work on a marvelous, complicated castle build. I had a a floor plan, but after my start yesterday, I grew very concerned that the main floor wasn't the first floor. I did some research on said castle, and my hunch was correct. The first level is where the kitchen is and the servants' quarters. So, I had a slight problem on my hands. I could either tear it all down and start fresh, but after I managed to get the walkway to look just like it did in the plans, I decided to, instead, copy what I had done on the 'first' floor, to the second floor. There is also a third floor, but that's where I ran into all kinds of trouble. I hit the up arrow and there was no surface for the roof. This could have been an incredible build, but now I'm tired, worn out and miffed. I didn't even bother taking a picture of it. This was more of the style castle I was hoping to build the other day, when I settled for something far less sophisticated. Yes, I'm trying to stretch my building wings.

Oh, and I did visit Erik ever so briefly. (I couldn't find either new build, at first. Turned out I was looking the the wrong place. :open_mouth: ) Yeah, it's been a day.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,998 Member
    Two BIG events happened today...

Firstly, Oliver and Nicola graduated! Both got another clean sweep of A+ grades in their final term, meaning they both graduated with an A+ GPA.

M8f0bLy.jpg

Secondly, Michelle and Jessica had a science baby! This is baby Keira Taylor-Wilson. I can't wait to see what she looks like when she grows up!

LBqhagD.jpg
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,814 Member
    I finally finished taking screenshots of all the rooms the Grand Castle Estate. Here are some of the images:

tm9fDst.png

RTHcrAq.png

DrCPtZd.png

tB1vm3p.jpg

C7qX31h.png

GI1eDPG.png

jLovOhM.png

c60MLHh.jpg

IMiSyQD.png

• Options
    @LeucosiaX Huzzah! Well done you! The attention to detail is truly amazing and the stylistic flow of all the rooms into a common theme is very impressive.
    Cheers
    C.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,814 Member
    Thank you @Caerfinon! 🙏 I used my series obsession on period drama series like the Crown, Arley hall (Peaky Blinders), and endless more, as inspiration, and photo stills as reference. I had a lot of fun with this but this kind of detail is really time consuming but I'm happy with it.🙂
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,998 Member
    Infants are the cutest <3 Since Michelle and Jessica are both Weak Bloodline Spellcasters, this makes Keira a Strong Bloodline Spellcaster! She looks most obviously like Jessica so far, but usually you can't really tell until they're teens.

PSq0qvA.jpg
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,569 Member
    Just reached P.1362, would get through it but I have to get up early tomorrow

@RedDestiny92
    P.1361 Aww sweet update with the mersims☺️ The slow dance 🥰 That was all sweet
    Arturo doesn’t look bad with the shirt, haven’t seen those outfits either, I like their style. Oh no, Arturo lost his family😳😭Least it helped him to change his ways. Thats a great shot from out the window

@Ellupelluellu
    Love the chicken names, I haven’t tried that lot challenge…or any lot challenge😅Is it difficult?👀

@GalacticGal
    P.1361 For the fountain I mean in the center between the entrance the middle staircase, sort of to create a grand courtyard entrance, shame about the staircase. It was turning out so well!

@DreamPrincess
    P.1361 Cool visit to Studio PBP, yeah the bouncer should be more worried with the paparazzi than with his aunt. Gg Dustin and Brytani

@DaniRose2143
    P.1361 The struggles of using certain wallpapers😫 The smile and way they look at each other is sweet🥰 Lol their faces 😆

@Caerfinon
    P.1361 I like the Doc’s personal rule

@Brd709
    P.1361 Aw sometime finding family doesn’t turn out well, but glad to see his grandmother was happy to learn about Jacob☺️ Also curious how Emily would react. Glad it ended well, I like how you arranged the tables for harvest fest. Always fun to see your sims families get together😁

@BeckyI7Fan
    Aw everyone smiling☺️
  • Options
    edited February 8
    I had a good test but I still haven't gotten anywhere close to filling up the venue. I've seen 40 sims at L'Azuro but so far the best I've gotten here is 25. I took out the piano and put in a dance floor and DJ booth which seemed to boost the headcount. The next thing is maybe removing the mural in the lounge and putting in the big karaoke machine. Another bar probably wouldn't go amiss.

A few shots of the fun on the dance floor...

26fx9Jx.png
    1SILMUl.png

I was listening to my music while Liberty and Summer did a duet on the karaoke machine. I could totally see those two singing the song I was listening to. I'll have to somehow work them singing a karaoke duet to Salt-N-Pepa into an upcoming chapter of Tartosan Sun.😁

t3I2GlH.png
    z0tbA3N.png

It's still Saturday in my game. I didn't want to wait until Sunday right before the Accolades to start testing in case I had to do any major fixes. It's all down to testing the ceremony and figuring out a way to lure more sims on to the lot.

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @Ellupelluellu isn't it just the cutest? Poor guy, but at least they keep the peace for the kids. :)
    @DaniRose2143 I haven't used postimage in a long time but I remember they didn't have a very generous hold so you would have to delete pics if you set them aside anyhow. The ladies look too good together to give up their pics I would say. Another nice make over I always forget about them my favorite play with them is years old I had Alice's father move out to marry his mail-order bride they had a kid and she kept most of his money only stopping by to give his headstone to his daughter.

@GalacticGal glad to hear it, after my recent addition to my game collection it was nice to come back and just chill with family time. Sounds like quite a mess but I'm sure you'll get it however you like.
    @BlueSeaWaves I love my mers haven't spent much time with them, it suits a lot of sims for some reason or maybe I'm biased I really like them, I feel like I forget some stuff but I really didn't notice them. Strange timing but I think he does want to be a better person, he also got a tattoo that reminded him of Ruby since he let her go. That is my favorite pic there I think.

I didn't have much in mind but thought you'd want to see how Vlad and Kyle's life is going.
    YPFcHKLh.png
    dKPtvLbh.png
    J62FTyTh.png
    B82Jqxdh.png
    EwYE9lhh.png
    Ncnxa0Jh.png
    Life is good for them, they can't wait for baby to come, Vlad is hoping the wait was worth it and their child is a vampire.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves,
    Thanks for your comment!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    My test this morning didn't go so well. I have a good idea the problem with the low headcount is the lot type. When I have it set to be a lounge the game seems to cap the maximum number of sims at 25. No matter what I do I can't get past that number. With the maximum number of sims on a lot set to 70 it constantly has sims coming and going but they don't stay long and then they're gone and another one comes and takes their place. If I set the lot type to nightclub then I have no problem at all getting 50-60+ sims showing up and staying. So unless I can find a way to remove that internal limit for the lounge lot type or find a mod that allows the Starlight Accolades happen on a nightclub lot they aren't going to have much of a crowd.😢 What a bummer.

On a positive note the lot works beautifully. I'm not getting any routing issues or weird glitches.😁
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,211 Member
    @Brd709 ,
    Setup pic looks great because of the lightning <3 Awesome harvestfest itself too!
    @Caerfinon ,
    strip with Dustin dusting the dust out of old computer, hilarious :p Good we have Jac to remind what is important :p
    @Lucy_Henley ,
    congrats for both occasions!!!
    @LeucosiaX ,
    that grand estate looks super awesome, I am so jealous! :smile:
    @BlueSeaWaves ,
    I love that lot challenge, simply you don't cook if no ingredients :)
    @DaniRose2143 ,
    group dance look great! B) Also that it is a lounge may have something to do with sims spawning differently than in a night club in Tartosa. Also it is the gala-lounge (that lot trait). Just I had a little thought it may also have an effect on it.
    @RedDestiny92 ,
    I'm curious about their baby too :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    edited February 8
    @Ellupelluellu My project after work is to go looking for mods that can help get bigger crowds to show up for the event. You’re right, it’s either the lounge lot type or the up-and-coming hotspot lot trait that’s keeping the crowds from showing up. I’ve added party place and celebrity hangout lot traits but I still can’t get over 25 sims to show up.

It is encouraging that when I made it a nightclub lot and all those sims showed up my computer was able to handle it all just fine.

I might try keeping it a nightclub lot up until like 5 or 10 sim minutes before the event and then switch it to being a lounge.🤔
  • Options
    edited February 8
    @DaniRose2143 If you use the mod MC Command Center then you could try the following;
    • go to pc > mccc > population > other > Maximum sims in zone - and set the number of sims you want on the lot (maximum 200)
    • go to pc > mccc > population > other > Adjust Sims on Lot > Base Game - and ensure Lounge is enabled to use the number set above

Note: If you don't want a lot of Sims on all lots you would need to go to pc > mccc > population > other > Adjust Sims on Lot > and disable all the venues that you don't want the maximum number to be used at and they will default to using the game normal settings.
    Cheers
    C.
  • Options
    @Caerfinon Thank you so much.😁 I’ll try it out when I get home.
  • Options
    Isabella Sparacino has decided to reconnect to something in the real world. Acting is great but it is all so much ephemeral make-believe. Sometimes you just need to do something that grounds you to reality. Besides fresh veggies to cook with!

dBDpjME.png

Cheers
    C.
  • Options
    edited February 8
    @Lucy_Henley Congratulations on both counts!

@LeucosiaX Magnificent!

@DaniRose2143 I wish you great success with filling the Awards audience. I've also noticed a dwindling participation in my game. Now, I do play on Long, and true enough we lost Old Judith Ward Scott, but, still some of the replacement NPCs don't bother to show. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves, thank you. I was following the floor plan on the entrance, but I may go ahead and fool around a bit to see which I like better. I appreciate the tip. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top