Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is it always raining?

I feel like it's been raining in this one save for weeks!! And it's always torrential thunder. All of the sims in the fiver person household are both terrified of rain, yet won't stop going outside to be in it. It's very frustrating. How do I make the rain stop? Cheats don't seem to be working.
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited February 2
    There is a setting to take away rain and/or thunderstorms in Game Options. Think there is a specific tab for the weather.

I, too, forgot why I usually turn the storms off in my game. It’s been summer but they have had tonnes of rain and thunder (and the scared moodlets..)
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Weather changing machine?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Well, some worlds just have that rainy climate. Brindleton Bay is one of these worlds.

Where are your sims living?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited February 2
    Are you in Tartosa? I ask because that always happens to me in Tartosa :sweat_smile:

I feel like it might have something to do with not having snow blizzards so game does double of thunderstorm but thats just a theory
    or then its the mermaids of tartosa creating chaos, yes maybe, or mayhaps its the curse of many bad weddings that heavens try to prevent

but yeah weather machine might help

although i almost feel like that just pushes back the curse for longer thunderstorm season but maybe thats me being paranoid
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

We experienced that it depends on where you live how much it rains.
    In Copperdale and Henford-on-Bagley it had rained a lot 🌧
    But in Chestnut Ridge only once in the two RL months we lived there.
    And I think I never saw it rain in Oasis Springs in all those years.
    Here is a list with the climate of a few worlds.
    Just saw that it really never rains in Oasis Springs ^^'
    3d3f6b5f68a0846fd8a1e3651fd34fb027d04950.jpg

Here is a list with cheats to control the weather.

You can also change the weather with Dr Junes Weather Control Machine
    5d100e811894d2f5d57a7e3d30634b146862d763.jpg

And the mermaids can change the weather too 🐬
    48b29a55556335e687d6bddb32c8242216f54942.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    I'm in the base neighbourhood and I think it's summer or sprint
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I've noticed this as well while watching some youtubers let's plays. Specifically Vixella's Barbie legacy. She keeps moving to different towns and it just keeps raining.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    Sometimes I like to turn off the thunderstorm and blizzards, that reduces the bad weather overall.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Yeaaah, this is one of the reasons why Seasons isn't my favorite pack. While I do like the seasonal changes, I feel like they can be very disruptive and tedious. And while I do love the Fear emotion, I don't think the implementation of repeat fears for all Sims was a good idea. It can get old very quickly every time the whole household won't stay focused because they have to keep running outside to see the rain or mop a puddle and then run back inside because they're scared, then repeat over and over again. I've had to reset Sims because of this annoying behavior. I had hoped we could choose/randomize from a list of phobias instead in CAS. I can't stand when they code a feature to be all one and done for all Sims because it makes them all so samey. The Brave trait is good to offer, but then it's all or nothing with Sims instead of having nuanced fears that make sense for their traits or personalities. Some of the Fears work out okay, but that thunderstorm one...ugh.

Anyway, I've noticed that some Sim areas will have randomly bad rainy seasons as well, that won't repeat the same each year, but it can completely ruin a whole Spring or Summer. That already has been happening in my area in real life, lol, so I don't really want that happening in my game too.

I need to get my Mermaids more spread out and place some extra weather machines around. Oh, if only we could edit our own worlds! :s
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Jordan1975Jordan1975 Posts: 29 Member
    Windenburg is another one of those worlds where it's almost always raining, but very little in the way of thunderstorms. I don't play much in the other worlds anymore. I turn the thunderstorms off, but keep the rain, and snow just for the season effect. It's spring in my game so there's lots of rain and sometimes snow, but not enough to cause a snow day.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I had constant thunderstorms one winter in Sulani. It got pretty tedious! I turned the thunderstorms off in the settings for a while just to give myself a break and enable my sims to do stuff outdoors. Then when I felt I’d had a long enough break I turned the thunderstorms back on again, as I do like variety.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    I've been using my lessrainmoresun, weatherruninside, scaredmoodtweak, stormmoodlettweak and whimoverhaul_feartweaks mods for ages so I'm personally no longer bothered by the imbalanced tuning described in this thread.
    But there are certainly a whole lot of cases of imbalanced tuning and it's sad that people need so many mods if they are not willing to put up with these issues. The more so as none of these are issues that couldn't be fixed by EA themselves rather easily.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited February 3
    LiELF wrote: »
    ..., I don't think the implementation of repeat fears for all Sims was a good idea. It can get old very quickly every time the whole household won't stay focused because they have to keep running outside to see the rain or mop a puddle and then run back inside because they're scared, then repeat over and over again. I've had to reset Sims because of this annoying behavior. I had hoped we could choose/randomize from a list of phobias instead in CAS. I can't stand when they code a feature to be all one and done for all Sims because it makes them all so samey.

Yeah I wish we could choose what fears our sims have and what they don't have and there was like toggle for " sims can get fears through gameplay" thing

cause I'm so tired of getting same ones over and over

or even just some reward traits that make it so sims cannot get specific fear again
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free