Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Sims In 2024

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I wasn't expecting to play for a while on account of the 2 new games I bought at the end of last year, but today I am randomly seized with the urge to play with a dark academia kind of theme, so I might create some characters tonight, even if I do nothing else.

And yes, I know, I should change my avatar now.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    ZelexPower2PCZelexPower2PC Posts: 60 Member
    edited January 12
    Goal this year. To organize my Sims 4 game files/folders. Old pc had all my files and I tried to transfer over but most of it got corrupted, so I am salvaging what I can. I have too much random cc and trying to reduce it, so my game loads faster. And my tray, I never organize it properly so if I want a specific sim, I can't find it quickly. I have so many "WIP" Sims. I like making random characters, mainly female. I even have characters based off of cartoons characters. I posted a "wip" of Helen Parr from the Incredibles on this site as an example. Also need to recreate my pre-make save files.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member

You are not alone
    I am here with you ~
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

You are not alone
    I am here with you ~

I meant to do it yesterday but I forgot.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 257 Member
    My only goal is to try and let go of my micromanaging and let my sim do as she pleases.
    So far the things she's been doing is:
    -Write gossip blog
    - Sip on drink
    - back to writing gossip blog
    - make another drink
    - back to laptop and write another gossip blog
    - another drink
    - pee
    - write gossip blog
    - sparring with training bot
    - write gossip blog
    - sleep
    - wake up starving

What is sip on drink?
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    monjr8302 wrote: »
    My only goal is to try and let go of my micromanaging and let my sim do as she pleases.
    So far the things she's been doing is:
    -Write gossip blog
    - Sip on drink
    - back to writing gossip blog
    - make another drink
    - back to laptop and write another gossip blog
    - another drink
    - pee
    - write gossip blog
    - sparring with training bot
    - write gossip blog
    - sleep
    - wake up starving

What is sip on drink?

"to drink, taking only a very small amount at a time: This tea is very hot, so sip it carefully. She slowly sipped (at) her wine."
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    I’d like to get back to storytelling in my game. A bout of migraine headaches followed by summer home projects derailed me this year. I’ve been playing. Mostly world building/management and CC shopping, but the stories have been a bit sidelined. I had a lot of story threads going. I’d like to find one that grabs me again, and get back into it.

I suffered for years with migraines. Then I moved to Ga. and had 7 weeks in a row of migraines and was sent to a doctor. He gave me a list of food to avoid, and on that list was bananas. I love bananas and had been eating them daily for seven weeks. Could it be? I stoped eating bananas for 3 months and no migraines, then I ate them again and they came back. I don't eat them anymore and haven't had a migraine in years. My point is keep a list of everything you eat and when you get migraines then compare the two. There was a lot of things on that list. I hope you find your trigger.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    So far, I aged my children Sims to teens, and my toddler Sims to children. I aged some in the game itself, then just edited their ages.
    Want to do more things with them, and work on pairing them up for the next generation. Plus, with high school years, I can give my teens more stuff to do, and find spouses for them, heir or not.
    Haven't played the game as much in the last two years, so wanted to do things to keep my interest, and actually follow my plans for the next generations.
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    I thought I responded to this weeks ago but it appears I haven't.

First goal is to continue Sim 66; I'm still enjoying writing it and there's plenty of plot threads to explore, it's just managing them all.

Second, I have a spin-off story called Cornelius: The Strangerville Report, which is set in the same world as Sim 66 but is out and out a science-fiction mystery story and that will be released soon.

Third, well I have a couple of crazy ideas that I'll definitely game play, whether they become stories or not I'm not sure at this stage because they are very niche, even by my standards.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I spent so much time last year on purging possessions in real life and packing to move to a smaller place that playing Sims had to take a backseat. Now I'm getting over pneumonia which was another reason I played less than I used to. So my Sim goals are just to spend more time playing.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    I don't really have a new goal apart from continuing my decades challenge save and see where the Whittakers (and Sinclairs and Prestons) end up and how far I get. I do hope that by the time I reach modern times I will have had the chance to play out most careers, and tried living in or exploring most of the worlds.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    You should definitely continue the Whittaker legacy; it's probably one of my top two all-time decades challenge stories along with A Heathen Conceivably's Darlington Legacy (which is currently up to 1932).
  • Options
    VixenoireVixenoire Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm currently rebuilding all of the worlds (that I own) and I would like to complete as many lots as possible this year.

I love building, but I also spend 1-2 days minimum on each build. I like to put a lot of detail into my builds and I wouldn't say I'm a slow builder, but I would say I don't like pumping out a house every 2 hours.

Mostly worried about the largest lots and community lots. I tend to build small since I spend so much time on each one to begin with. I rarely build commercial lots so I keep putting those off. :s
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    @Kellogg_J_Kellogg Thank you so much!!!! That makes me really, really happy to hear. I hope to have the next part finished tonight or tomorrow.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    @cyncie as a fellow migraine sufferer, I understand! Mine are so terrible / so frequent even with treatment that I finally had to start getting Botox for them. It changed my life, radically. I still have them occasionally but maybe once to three times per Botox cycle (every three months), not every single day.

I want to build more and also try to stick with a save. I struggle with sticking with saves in all of my games. It seems ideal to me to really grow a story and grow a save and flesh out the characters and the world. I guess focus isn’t really a strong point for me, but I hope, I hope that I can make it happen. I grow to love my sims so I re-use them in multiple saves anyway, it’s silly to not stay in one save.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    All I'm thinking of currently is getting two of my Sims married, because they've been engaged for real life months and I forgot about giving them a wedding.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    edited January 24
    Throw that first wedding?
    This right here! I'm getting My Wedding Stories for Christmas and prepared by engaging Hugo Villareal and Emma Phillips in my main save. They are probably making a mistake... Emma was going steady with Max before Hugo... and they are only 23 and 25... but their families are very keen on merging...

I also hope to not abandon my 1760s save and to hopefully finally complete a Batuu aspiration. For that last one I'm currently preparing a First Order and a scoundrels household, one of the FO sims will defect to the rebels, but only one faction can win.

I'm proud to announce that I fulfilled one of those goals. The First Order sim completed her aspiration and the questline :)

Edit: And now the Scoundrels and the Resistance sim, too.

Emma's and Hugo's wedding is still pending and the 1760s save is still abandoned.
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Finally finish another 10 gen playthrough. I've done it once in my entire history of the sims and have never managed to do it again.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    edited January 24
    Not me already getting into build loop after saying I'll try to avoid that its January Simmingal

on other hand the lots to build on will end some day, right???? Anyway yeah i should probably stop procrastinating and just play some household for real :joy:

I name this condition preparatis
    always preparing to play but never actually playing cause endless preparations you come up with out of nowhere
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Another plan I have is to play my families more.
    I tend to create new families, play them for a bit, and then don't play them for awhile.
    I plan to play my older families, even if I create new families.
    That is why I aged some of my Sims to children and teens, so I would be more interested in the family.
    Also, to start the next generations.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Not me already getting into build loop after saying I'll try to avoid that its January Simmingal

on other hand the lots to build on will end some day, right???? Anyway yeah i should probably stop procrastinating and just play some household for real :joy:

I name this condition preparatis
    always preparing to play but never actually playing cause endless preparations you come up with out of nowhere

I suffer from this condition, too. I have literally been building my save since the game came out in 2014. It's had revisions over the years, then gotta add new stuff to the old lots. Then got very into CC...then very out of CC...so that was a fun year.

Here's what I have been doing since about October. I emptied all the worlds and started replacing lots with ones I already had done. Of course Willow Creek is done done except for adding bits and bobs to the lots when EP's drop so I started playing there. I played two of my oldest families who are elders now. As I play, when they need or want to do something and there isn't a lot for it, I take a break from playing and add it to the game. That way it isn't getting monotonous and I still get to build or decorate a little. They need friends so I can also go into CAS and make some elders that live in a retirement community for them. And I got their long time elder friends who haven't been added to the world yet so I can plop down their homes and add them. And then there is their grown children, I can take time to add all of them back into their homes. I make clubs for all of them and then play again.

It seems like I'm perpetually just creating things and never taking the time to play with it and enjoy it and that's still the part of the game that I really love most, but this method has helped me to stop preparing and just play. Add it when I need it seems to be the best idea I've had because I have been so engaged with the game that I barely go a day without playing...since October. And I've now played with the Goths and the Pancakes, two families I have never even kept in the game before and didn't give a hoot about. And I wrote down their stories, added it to the town history and enjoyed it all. So many wacky things happened that I didn't expect. Maybe doing something like this might help you, too.
  • Options
    edited January 26
    @Mstybl95 Yeah I feel like I always just start with build I needed to build to progress in save

but then I run into some build block like "idk what to do about this room" and go like " okay I'll think about it and do this other thing while I can't figure that thing out" and then 10 lots later I'm like " what was I even doing though?"
    but then I realize I still have to build that first lot before I can really continue the save :sweat_smile:

so yeah in a way building in advance is nice cause it means those lots are ready for playing later so I won't have this issue with those but atm I really just should be building the things that are important for this particular moment :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I'm returning to this thread because I've come up with a goal I'd like to pursue.

I want to finally, for once, build a decent-looking house from the ground up. The most I've ever managed to do is redecorate an existing house's interior and landscape its grounds. I always get frustrated quickly when I can't get even the simplest houses to look the way I want them to. I'm going to try to relax more, be more patient with myself, and *finally* stick with a building project until I finish it.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!