Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,106 Member
    Congratulations on winning the established level for Bns177 @KitelDesigns B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 178 - Fall Designer Showdown

@TwtyBrd0707
    53256187759_b270fa818d_w.jpg
    The house looks simple but inviting with the happy pumpkins greeting visitors. The beige, brown and green theme is spot on with pops of flowers dotting each room. I love the entryway with pumpkins placed in interesting places (one on the chair!) This definitely shouts “rancher’s home”! I like the dark walls in the dining room which offset perfectly with the flowered green of the chairs. The kitchen is perfectly decorated and looks just like a family lives here with the lunchboxes on the island and aprons on the wall. (It’s my favorite room!) I love the colors which coordinate with the rest of the home seamlessly. Great use of knick knacks everywhere without looking overdone. I love the dark green of the main bedroom which coordinates well with the green tile in the bathroom. Nice touches with the hanging clothes rack. All the bedrooms are nicely decorated. The barn really is a showpiece. I like the touches you put in: separated stalls, pumpkin carving center, even a bathtub! The landscape is nice with good use of the terrain paint. Great job!

Suggestions: I can tell you’re a seasoned builder/decorator. In order to raise your level, you need to push yourself. Think outside of the box creatively. Outside, everything is simple and checks all the boxes but nothing exciting is going on or is unusual or surprising. Maybe there could be a waterfall, more areas in the landscape for a working farm–animals, hay bales, a gazebo or greenhouse or all three. The barn had nothing in the upstairs and you could have redone it in some way. Also, you left over $125,000 in your budget on the table. We’d like to see you use most or all of the budget. So…PUSH YOURSELF next time. You have the talent!!!

@_DelilahsRose_
    utCMdC2.png
    Wow! This lot just blew me away from the moment I saw it! From the terracing to the unique decorations and landscaping, I just loved every part of it. Starting out with the horse sculpture, you set it off with lights and its own fencing. Then the middle of the second terrace is a beautiful fall tree in its own bucket which makes it stand out! I love the patches of gardens throughout the landscaping and areas for scenic viewing. The pond is beautiful and a picturesque setting. I really like how you redid the barn in a cottage type style–very unique! I love how you placed lanterns in the tree and just the ambiance is so amazing! Inside, the home has a rustic feel that is cohesive throughout. The furniture is just right for the country style. I love the red wood with touches of yellow in your color palette. All is so comfortable and the size of each of the rooms leaves no wasted space. I really liked the long study area and there’s so many rooms for sitting and crafting and living life on the farm. Well done!

Suggestions: I think the upstairs guest bedroom could have had more personality and you could have made the bathroom a bit smaller in order to create more space in that room. The child’s room didn’t fit the feel of the rest of the home. I realize it’s a kid who has different tastes but I think it could have had a more ranch-kid theme. You also didn’t have a formal dining room. You did have a dining space, and I liked the kitchen sitting area but for this farmhouse, I think they’d have extended family and might need a bigger space for that.

@Wildlings☆
    f81fsFo.png
    Your first picture says it all. Amazing! I LOVE the terracing you did for the garden. Looks like a real vineyard or farm along the hillside. And the autumn feel you give your farm is just right. I love how you created a barn for the cows and had them outside waiting to be fed. The back porch area is lovely and I like how the pond goes underneath the house with stilts for the porch. Feels realistic. Inside, you have wonderful vignettes peeking into your dining area and kitchen. I LOVE the kids’ rooms which really go well with the theme of the home. It has everything a family could want. I also love the greenhouse you put outside and your terrain paint really popped. Wonderful job!

Suggestions: There were a few places where I felt you could use some plants or wall art to make it more vibrant. Especially in the main bedroom areas, the dining room wall, and the kitchen. And overall, I felt (at least in the downstairs and main bedroom) that the styling was a bit drab. Pops of vivid colors can help color interest or just some greenery.

@Kiteldesigns☆
    EVaZj0B.png
    I like how the first picture is a nice setting for your ranch/country home. It’s very picturesque. I really like the kitchen and how you have a vegetable bin on the side. Very creative! I like how the oven is inset like it’s a fireplace–nice for the country theme. The kids rooms were cute and you could tell one was for a child and one for a teen. The horse posters were amazing in the teen room! I really liked the two story effect in the living area. Beautiful! The tv room is very homey, too. Those colors look great with the autumn theme! I really like the clear door peeking into the study and how it’s like a nook. Very cozy! The backyard is nice with the patio furniture and porch. The laundry room looked nice with lots of space to fold clothes. Nice hidden gazebo out back. It looks like a pine tree farm which is very different and creative! The entrance to the home is beautiful. I love all the trees and you used terrain paint well. I like all the trucks–like a working tree farm! Good job!

Suggestions: I felt that the rose/pink/green/purple color palette sometimes clashed with the autumn/orange colors. And although that might happen in a real house, you can use any color palette for your fall themed home so it should have matched. I also felt that some of your furniture and lighting choices were VERY modern and this had a country theme throughout otherwise. The lights in the kitchen and dining plus the dining room furniture were very contemporary. Also, the main bedroom being red didn’t flow with the rest of the home. Additionally, I couldn’t find your house on the gallery so it couldn’t be judged as a contender. You must upload your home under #bns178 for it to be considered. Even if you have cc, I can tick the cc box to find it as I’ve done in the past. We have to see what your house costs in the gallery.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @_DelilahsRose_
    MxV0Jx0.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    _DelilahsRose__DelilahsRose_ Posts: 274 Member
    @BuildnShare Thank you so very much!!! So honored & happy!! I appreciate the kind feedback as well as the critique! I loved looking through all the beautiful builds and seeing all the lovely cozy Autumn homes as well. Again, feeling very honored. Thank you <3
  • Options
    Congratulations on winning the established level for Bns178 @DelilahsRose B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    Thank you for the careful feedback and congratulations @_DelilahsRose_ !
  • Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 302 Member
    edited January 20
    Congratulations @_DelilahsRose_ ! :blush:<3
    Wonderful, creative builds, everyone! :blush:

"Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    You're welcome @DelilahsRose :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    Congratulations @_DelilahsRose_
    Thanks @BuildnShare for the feedback. I will definitely try pushing myself :)
  • Options
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results – 178 - Fall Designer Showdown

@AlJay
    NsbrVbR.png
    Harvestfest Family Farm is a truly magnificent ranch for all members of the family. Excellent layout with pathways linking the different areas. The landscaping is just right and I love the changing colours of the leaves on the trees. I really like the way you have set everything up for a party and you have thought of everything. The pumpkin carving station will be a fun competition, the childrens area will keep the little ones occupied, the snack table will cater for needs and the gazebo is a perfect place for dancing. I love your greenhouse design, a very realistic polytunnel and it’s good to see the tractor to help take care of all the crops. Lots of activities in the barn and it’s a super idea to use the hayloft for a sleepover. Going inside the farmhouse I can see you are a master of MOO, you have created and designed everything to perfection, it is exactly how I would imagine such a place. The dark wood and all the clutter make a very cosy atmosphere, lovely to see it decorated for the season. The country kitchen is stunning, very well stocked and even includes a butchers block island! Upstairs I really like the idea of a playroom connecting the childrens rooms and also his and her sinks in the ensuite.

Suggestions: I really wouldn’t change anything, this creation is awesome! If I were to nitpick I would suggest changing the fencing around the chicken coop to one more secure in order to keep the hens in and the foxes out.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @AlJay

ss9Dy9r.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare for your wonderful review of my farm and the helpful suggestions :)
  • Options
    edited January 23
    Congratulations on winning the master level for Bns178 @AlJay B)<3! Awesome ranch! B)
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Thank you @coolsim9999999
  • Options
    You're welcome @AlJay :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited January 25
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 179 - Finding Inspiration

@Aaleyn707
    ppDDg9C.png
    I love the facade of this beautiful Victorian home. It’s very quaint and fits perfectly with the theme! There’s a cute garden workshop on the side that fits well. The wrap around porch is lovely where Dalinda and George can play chess together! I ADORE the living room with the beautiful wallpaper and the mixed dark and light woods. I also loved the use of that picture frame tv! Looks lovely there! The kitchen keeps the pink and green aesthetic and it feels old fashioned and charming with books strewn everywhere! I really liked the curtains in the dining room and the dark woods. Upstairs, you used the same wallpaper as inspiration for your color arc. Green prevails and I like the bookcase color with the dark woods. It feels like a bookish type lives here! I absolutely LOVED her bedroom. So beautiful! And it shows her style so well. The main bathroom matched perfectly. The meditation room was a surprise! Very beautiful and serene. I also loved reading the tale of George and Dalinda’s romance. Good job!

Suggestions: Although the construction of the house was impeccable, I felt that you sometimes clashed the color scheme. You need to be careful with mixing red and pink. If the red color is slightly off from any red in the pink or if it’s nonexistent in the wallpaper, it will clash. Same with the green room–the greens need to match or have the same green in the wallpaper but it was mixed with warm and cool greens of the rugs which wasn’t cohesive. I was a bit disappointed with the secret room. Of course it’s a writing room but what sets it apart from other writing rooms that she’d need to hide it?

@_DelilahsRose_
    Etl7naG.png
    This home does exude “starting over” vibes. With very minimal aesthetics from the front, it is decorated with taste and reserve. The entryway is ample and showcases a feminine touch. I like the luxurious throwback aesthetic! The pink and gray contemporary kitchen shows this lady has class and wants the finer things even though she’s basically broke in her eyes. ;) Very clean and classic. It has a beautiful view to the outside hillside and the lake. Connected is the pretty laundry area that has a nice door to the yard. On the other side is the living room with nice bar, fashionable decorations and turntable for throwback music to maybe put her in the mood for scribing a mystery? I love the wallpapers in the workout/guest room and the other bedroom. Upstairs is beautifully decorated and I can tell who this writer is–she’s feminine and classy. Maybe she writes romances? She has a beautiful dressing room and nice bathroom. Her bookcase has a hidden doorway to her hideaway! She might draw and paint while she’s percolating her thoughts. And she has pictures of things she’s attached to. Without windows to distract her, maybe she can focus on her stories! The outside is perfectly decorated and succinct with everything a single woman might want–swimming pool with view of the lake, flower making station and couch to lounge on. Nice job!

Suggestions: The wood on the outside needs a bit of a break up with maybe stone or adobe. The windows get lost in the white and gray collage. Overall, I felt this build,although beautiful, didn’t have any wow factor. I would have liked to have seen more creativity in the use of different items to make unique furnishings/decorations like you did in the last challenge. Everything was in place, maybe like the author herself, but writers usually have a skeleton or two in their closet and even her hidden room looked much like the rest of the build with minimal surprises.

@Wildlings☆
    f81fsFo.png
    The facade of the home looks like it was picked out of a storybook and placed into the center of a neighborhood. Like it was from centuries ago and yet has a modern feel as well. I love how you used the terrain tool to elevate it, having wonderful steps going up to the front of the home! And the wisteria growing out of their own pots perfectly gives just the right ambiance. Even the gnome sign says whimsy as well as the backyard where there’s a curving path down towards the wishing well. The entryway looks like an author’s home with bookcases greeting visitors underneath the staircase and a large mirror. I love how there are extra chairs stacked in the dining room and the cozy, storybook feel with the styling of the chairs and fireplace. I adore the kitchen and the pretty dried flowers hanging as a valence. You didn’t forget bookcases even in there! Books abound everywhere and I really like the wall art that depicts an Arabian theme–from somewhere the author wants to visit? Upstairs doesn’t disappoint! The little girls room is so whimsical as well as the book nook bed in the main bedroom. So gorgeous! And the writing touches everywhere! Her surprise room was a surprise! She’s a spellcaster! No doubt getting all her inspiration from her spells and wanderings into the supernatural. Well done!!!

Suggestions: This was so amazing! The only thing that would make it go up a level would have been to have more going on outside. If you are limited on funds, just use debug items to maybe line the fencing with shrubs or make fairy alcoves or some other interesting thing but you did great overall!

@iampes23☆
    fwbKhTv.png
    First of all, I LOVE the aesthetic of your home! It creates a spooky atmosphere right away with the gloomy moat, gothic fencing and dark austere car parked in front. Ohhhh…I think we have a macabre mystery writer on our hands! Great use of climbing vines and shrubs everywhere which gives it a small glimmer of feminine mystique here as well! The entryway is lovely with old antique furniture and gothic door! I love the rich pop of gold against the backdrop of dark gray in the stone. Nice convergence of the formal dining area with the kitchen–not usually done in a gothic home but I think it works. The living room area has a soothing green color which I really liked and the styling was very nice. I love the surprise room that’s placed inside the closet. It’s for her nieces and nephews! I guess she wants a more contemporary style here which works as well. Upstairs were some nice rooms with interesting angles with a bathroom. I really liked the walkway with a sort of castle feel that went into the library which my favorite room. LOVE the stack of books!!! And then the ladder leading up to the writer’s room which had a nice castle tower feeling like Rupunzel! Good job!

Suggestions: Things to watch out for–you often mesh different styles in a way that seems like it was not meant (as it was for the surprise room). For example, in the living room, all is in antiques except for the very modern computer chair and in the kitchen, it’s mostly gothic except for the modern valance, etc. As for the roofing–it overhangs too much and gives off an odd appearance. You could have put pillars around it for stability or enlarged the room it was over to help (Or made the roof a bit smaller). Roofing is hard but pays off if you play around with it a bit. Look at videos on how to do roofing which might help in the future.

@Kiteldesigns☆
    C3KS94L.png
    First of all, your house is so AMAZING! It looks like it came out of a storybook. Everything is superb! You are a talented builder and it shows on this gem! I love the wilderness feel of the grounds and the trees were placed so well. So charming! I like the small yard with beehive and planters with weeds encroaching. The pond looks natural as well with the little ducks around and the wonderful bridge. Inside, there’s a soothing cottage ambiance with the walls and decor. The kitchen is one of my favorite rooms! Very cozy with a wonderful island, pots hanging down and herbs adorning the window. There’s a nice dining area with a hearth (and a puppy!) There’s also a nice bonus child’s room from the front which I liked. Your pictures stopped there so I downloaded the home. Most judges only see from your pictures so be sure to take pictures of everything for you to be judged on the full home. I also didn’t see any above pictures. I really liked the surprise tower with everything your writer could want. Nice.

Suggestions: For your build, the top window isn’t centered. Simply turn cheats on and press the alt key to move it into position freely. The interior walls using the wood all over hurts the overall effect of the wall art and the ambiance in general. Next time, find art images of homes like this and see how they use wood paneling. You will find that there’s a mix of paint and wood so we can see the walls clearly. There’s also stone. Make sure to use this for the interior references to help in your vision, otherwise, the art/decor gets lost in all the wood. I would have liked to have seen more decorations on the walls and on the floor with rugs and even plants. You had lovely plants outside–they need to come inside as well. If you’re having trouble with interiors (because you are at expert level for your building skills) reference interior decor on the styles of homes you’re thinking about doing and that might give you inspiration.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @Wildlings
    2nd Place goes to .... @_DelilahsRose_
    iLGaUlR.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@_DelilahsRose_
    o2tgrkk.png
    I love how books have their own special wall in this room and you know exactly who this is for because her personality comes through in all the furnishings, color choices, and style! She also has artistic flair and can get messy at times with newspapers strewn about as well as her creative boards helping her on the walls. She also might dabble in art to inspire her as well! I I love the wallpaper which is a great backdrop for a beautiful room. Well done!

@coolsim9999999
    B7dI9aK.png
    What a creative story to go along with your surprise room! And what a surprise it was! The turkey got cooked in the end. ;) I liked the brick which was a nice backdrop to this cottage style room. It had a feel of a little pig brick house almost. And the centerpiece was the wooden table where the bad turkey’s untimely demise happened. Very funny!

3gHHX7s.png
    MxV0Jx0.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@_DelilahsRose_
    noEjEcE.png
    You have created a very beautiful, lovely sim who matches perfectly with the home you’ve created for her. I especially like how she has pictures throughout the home that look like her history and you can tell her personality from all the care that went into her special room. All of her outfits are so fitting for her, too. She really takes care of herself and lives a wonderful life! Nice!

3gHHX7s.png
    MxV0Jx0.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    I was not expecting that at all! Amazing entries all around and I was also a bit unhappy with my landscaping.

Thank you @BuildnShare and other participants for their inspiring houses <3

• Options
    Congrats @Wildling !!!! Your home was so pretty and perfectly decorated!!!!

@BuildnShare Thank you very much for the kind feedback & words for the home, room, and sim! I definitely agree with the critique, I definitely want to hone in on those skills & observances!! 💕
  • Options
    Congratulations on winning the established level build for Bns179 @Wildling and for 2nd place @DelilahsRose B)<3!

Congratulations on winning the established level room and sim for Bns179 @DelilahsRose B)<3!

Thanks so much for the nice review of my room @BuildnShare :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 302 Member
    Congratulations @Wildling and @_DelilahsRose_ :blush:

And congratulations @AlJay - your Bns178 Farm -build is so pretty and idyllic :blush:

Beautiful builds, everyone! <3

Thank you @BuildnShare for the wonderful review,
    and also thanks for the suggestions: I'll try to be more careful with the color scheme so that it'd be more cohesive :blush:
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Thanks for the comments, but I did and will always from now on request NO constructive suggestions. I have enough negativity in my life.
  • Options
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 180 - Let it Snow

@iampes23☆
    Zni4NQw.png
    This is a nice, simple country cottage. I like the green siding with the red striped awnings. The greenhouse that’s attached to the home is cozy and the red lawn chair pops amongst the green window panes. The upstairs bedrooms were styled well for a family. My favorite was the library with the Christmas tree at the center. Cute train in the yard next to your sim making a lively snowperson.

@Kiteldesigns☆
    GE9mgjU.png
    What a unique design for a home! That walkway is ingenious for huge snow drifts. LOVE IT! It’s really interesting how this design looks like it came right out of the woods from Alaska. I bet it would be good at the North Pole as well! ;) The boxes and clutter in the front doorway says “life” to me. :D Love the storage closet–even stacked chairs just in case some elves might come by. ;) The living area is very homey and has wonderful dark tones. The wood siding goes well with the aesthetic. I love all the rugs, books, extra clothes basket, etc. Plus all of the pictures on the walls says there’s people that mean a lot to this sim. The kitchen has all you could want, including ketchup and mustard on the table! It all goes so well together. My very favorite room in the house is the main bedroom. Wonderful vibe with things this sim loves exploding on the walls and in every color. You get a sense of who they are. I also love the closet that’s lit up, showing the sims clothing style! Well done!

Suggestions: I didn’t see any top view images of your build. We need to see those to get a feel for the size of the rooms and where things are positioned.

@_DelilahsRose_
    lmZ5Uu9.png
    What a charming cottage! It looks like it came straight out of a Hallmark Channel movie! And it would blend in with Santa’s elves as neighbors! ;) The structure of the cottage is unique and really goes well–like an elven cottage. You used the terrain paint well with a nice trail around the cottage to Santa’s chair! I love all the little extras you put into the decorations: the bows on the doors and truck, the unique candy-like “lighting” on the entrance to the classroom. In every room, there’s a feast for the eyes! The color scheme works so well and it’s something I wouldn’t have thought of–who knew green, red, and blue could go together so well without clashing? I think the backdrop of the gray stone walls help. It gives a nod to the coolness of snow. I ADORE your kitchen, especially the cute touches like the train over the doorway and the kid’s art on the refrigerator! The showpiece is the main bedroom! So luxurious and very Christmassy! The way the lights highlight the beautiful windows is masterful. Really well done! I believe you are ready to enter the EXPERT category now. Please revise your next challenge submission accordingly. Congrats!

Suggestions: I didn’t see the overhead shots of your build. We need to see the rooms and how they are situated for each level.

@coolsim9999999
    e50Wi4a.png
    This sure does look like a big sugar cookie with red, green and white icing. Very interesting! I like the ice skating rink and the Christmassy “dolls” greeting us. The way you use tiling on the outdoors is very creative (yellow snow. lol!) I love the Christmas tree as a “rug” in the backyard patio area. There are many activities for the elves to have fun at your home if they visit. I like the natural woodsy theme you have with the stone and the greenery. My favorite room is the main bedroom with the hot tub! Nice. And the sugar cookie theme shows itself throughout with the colors and even a sugar cookie rug. Nice job!

Suggestions: Just a friendly reminder to use mostly live mode pictures so we can see the whole room as the sim experiences your build instead of a lot of overhead pictures. :) Maybe a surprise basement would have been nice to see! I love to view your creativity.

@Wildling
    mqQXtOX.png
    What a cute gingerbread house you’ve designed! I love how you used the TOOL mod for the magic candy beans and the yarn to make candy-like decorations on the house! The fireplace chimney also looks like it’s made of frosting! The house looks amazing in winter with all the snow. The gingerbread pops. The entryway greets visitors with a grand Christmas tree! I love all the wood which feels like it’s all made of gingerbread. Even the kitchen door gives a nod to a gingerbread house. I love all the red and white decor which really gives this a peppermint aesthetic–so wonderful! The cream, brown, white theme mixed with light green, reds and grays just compliment the decorations so well. I loved every room! My favorite was the dining room with the candy striped curtains (I didn’t even know they existed!), peppermint style chairs, and warm gingerbread furnishings. The fireplace looks cozy there and I could see your sim holding fine dinners with Santa and his elves there! The outside has a pretty gingerbread gazebo with smiling snowmen to greet visitors. Great job!

Suggestions: Everything was lovely but I felt the bedrooms were too small.The beds were a bit squished in there. ;)

@Aaleyn707
    vBMRKep.png
    WOW! What a darling cottage you’ve created! I love the shabby chic style which was shown throughout with some asian influence style choices along with loads of plants and wonderful wallpapers. I really liked your use of greens and reds this time. They all seemed very cohesive!Your mix of rugs and furniture were cozy and pretty at the same time. The Christmas decorations seemed to blend in with the style as well and not so on the nose for the rest of the home. The dining room is small and simple but ornate as well! I love the windows and all the furnishings! My favorite room is the main bedroom. Everything shouts shabby chic and the wallpaper as well as the color is so beautiful. I like the beaded window treatments and the ornate mirror. I also love that her computer desk is right off the bedroom. Outside, the ponds are lovely as well as the use of paneling on the outside of the home. The top of the chimney has a surprising tile choice which is beautiful. Great job!

Suggestions: I loved your eclectic style but sometimes I felt like you were meaning to be shabby chic/eclectic and then other times it was as if you were just choosing things to match the color choices. For example, in the downstairs bath, even for shabby chic, I felt that the sink was just way too modern/contemporary to match with the clawfoot tub.

@healthxsims
    1VDVWtk.png
    What a sweet fairy cottage! I especially love the huge tree stump as the base of the tower-like structure. The fairy spa and charming toadstool chairs look great in the front yard. I love the window choices as well as the doors and stonework. Very well done on the architecture. The backyard looks great with the many different colored flowers and greenery. And I liked how small and quaint it was with the easel matching well. The doorway is so charming and inviting. I love the choices of dark woods against the backdrop of stone here. The main bedroom was very interesting with nice mood lighting as well as baskets for knitting. The utility room was spacious and had many things there for convenience. The tower space was my favorite where your sim could go with her cat and work and get away. Nicely done!

Suggestions: I felt there needed to be more of an entryway. Even though this is a small home, you could have placed a wall separating the kitchen and entry.

3gHHX7s.png
    2nd Place goes to .... @Wildling
    EO7ako7.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@coolsim9999999
    HsbGs6u.png
    I really like the white stone walls with the arching windows. And your decorations match well with a kitchen that’s cooking things for Santa. There’s a wonderful island in the middle with all the appliances needed and TWO ovens because one is just not enough! I really like the herbs on the wall–gives it a natural feel to the cold stone. And your sim is cooking up something special for Santa! Love that!

@_DelilahsRose_
    WaAelyF.png
    What a beautiful kitchen! It looks as if Mrs. Santa Claus resides there. I love the white backdrop with the red and green sprinkles of color! And the sweets left out on the cake plate gives it that homey feel. The green stovepipe will create warmth and pops against the white background. And I love the old fashioned red refrigerator. Nice!

@healthxsims
    PZ4U2M7.png
    This is a country kitchen that looks lived in. And there’s three bowls for the sims pets! I love all the dishes and pots and pans hanging. Looks very realistic! The breakfast bar is the perfect size for a nice quick meal! The log cabin and stone gives a natural feel. I love all the little decorations that makes it seem like a kitchen full of love and care! Well done!

3gHHX7s.png
    MxV0Jx0.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@coolsim9999999
    biBZtV4.png
    I LOVE how your simself looks like an elf in the first picture with those wonderful sparkling stockings and playful hat! Your hair is so cute just like you came out of a movie like Elf! And all the other clothing choices seem just right for the sugar cookie home you’ve constructed. I also love the cute bunny outfit for sleep time as well as the cold weather outfit that’s all black with a pop of orange. Well done!

@_DelilahsRose_
    JhmYDct.png
    I love all the outfits and how your sim is enjoying herself in her home. She looks very Christmassy and sophisticated, especially when she’s getting her picture made by Santa’s chair! And her making snow angels in her yard put a smile on my face. Great job!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @coolsim9999999
    KMpYnuR.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 30
    Thank you so very much @BuildnShare ❤️ Very honored and excited. Thank you for the feedback-duly noted 😊 Everyone uploaded very lovely, cozy Christmas homes this challenge!!! And congrats @coolsim9999999 on your cute festive sim!!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations all! 🎉

Thanks also BnS for catching up :)
  • Options
    edited January 31
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert #BnS 180 Let it Snow!

@Jazmi1396☆
    B5F7vJE.jpg
    Comments Northern Pole Home has such a unique design! I almost wish you’d left it up on Mt. Komorebi, covered with snow so it looks even more like an igloo, but it works very well nestled into the rocks of Windenburg Island too - it works great in both locations. Your design and decor choices are perfect inside and out, giving a warm, cozy feel. Large, reinforced windows in the living room make a whole lot of sense. Sims can enjoy all that beautiful scenery without worrying about the weight of snow against the glass. Sims will enjoy bathing in that cozy, rustic bathroom while enjoying the great view. The woodstove in the bedroom was a great idea and the perfect choice for this house.Love the green cabinets in the kitchen, they look so pretty against the wood. I also love that you made the big window in the living room the focus rather than the entertainment center. You don’t want to take attention away from that view! The office is very clearly a busy architect’s space, from the choice of artwork to the clutter on the desk.

Suggestions: Is the tub routable? It seems like it might be too high. I would have liked to see a bit more exterior landscaping, some hardy northern plants or a welcome mat, even a debug sled to hint at an outdoor winter activity. Otherwise, I wouldn’t change a thing.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @Jazmi1396
    wAMEr0s.jpg
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top