Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Goth Galore & Castle Estate Kits

Comments

• Options
    Peapond69Peapond69 Posts: 74 Member
    Almost bought the Castle Estate kit but then noticed many of the items from the preview are missing. Guess I will not buy right now.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    LeucosiaX wrote: »

Due to technical issues, certain types of items were unable to be displayed on the product page for the Castle Estate kit, everything from the EA.com blog is included in game though.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Steam issues should now be resolved, we're still looking into the issues with the EA app home page and Mac availability.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    EA app home page issues are now resolved as well.

Root cause of the Mac availability issue is still being determined, thanks for bearing with us :)
  • Options
    DaiyuDaiyu Posts: 771 Member
    It's working for me on Orign (MAC) now. Was able to purchase and download both kits :smile:
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    Peapond69 wrote: »
    Almost bought the Castle Estate kit but then noticed many of the items from the preview are missing. Guess I will not buy right now.

Are you sure the items aren’t already in the basegame?
  • Options
    edited January 18
    Peapond69 wrote: »

Please see my comment above.
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 175 Member
    edited January 18
    Hm, just bought the Goth kit, in the main menu it says that I own this set now, but in-game it says it did not own it. That is... not appreciated. :confounded: I hope that gets fixed, soon.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Hmmm... so, I was leaning towards neither kit on the basis of the pics released. But now I'm leaning towards both kits, on the basis of video reviews :D:D:D

I particularly like the castle kit, which surprises me. Some of those mossy swatches are awesome, but @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I wish for some proper arrow slits too. A narrow window with glass in it just doesn't cut it. And banners and flags please. And where is the darn draw-bridge? You just can't have a castle without a draw-bridge, or else we'd have to go without a moat too...
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited January 18
    The castle kit has surprised me as well. The swatches are so good! The goth I'm still not feeling, but it's not bad either. I'm not buying any now, but I'll keep them in mind.
  • Options
    Hm, just bought the Goth kit, in the main menu it says that I own this set now, but in-game it says it did not own it. That is... not appreciated. :confounded:

Odd, if you check the billing page here does your purchase show as completed?
  • Options
    edited January 18
    @EA_Cade I don't know how to post screenshots on here, but yes, it is paid and completed. I also got an Email confirming my purchase.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited January 18
    Okay so I went ahead and made my first Sim with the new Goth kit and already encountered a really weird glitch with one of the items.

This is my sim as I made her:
    QQ2gG0Y.png

This is her when I put on the hoodie item:
    GlYqkqB.png

Seems to be a glitch that changes their eyes into a predetermined shape, only for female Sims, male Sims don't have issues with the hoodie.
    You also can't see changes with the eyes if you try to adjust them when wearing the hoodie, if you play around with the 'sliders', you can only see the changes once you switched to a different top.
  • Options
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Okay so I went ahead and make my first Sim with the new Goth kit and already encountered a really weird glitch with one of the items.

QQ2gG0Y.png

GlYqkqB.png

Seems to be a glitch that changes their eyes into a predetermined shape, only for female Sims, male Sims don't have issues with the hoodie.
    You also can't see changes with the eyes if you try to adjust them when wearing the hoodie, if you play around with the 'sliders', you can only see the changes once you switched to a different top.

Odd, could you post this over on AHQ please so we can get it tracked?
  • Options
    @EA_Cade I don't know how to post screenshots on here, but yes, it is paid and completed. I also got an Email confirming my purchase.

Thanks, in that case I would recommend reaching out to an advisor at Help.ea.com so we can take a look at what happened and get you the kit.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Okay so I went ahead and make my first Sim with the new Goth kit and already encountered a really weird glitch with one of the items.

QQ2gG0Y.png

GlYqkqB.png

Odd, could you post this over on AHQ please so we can get it tracked?
    Sure thing, posted it there as well.
  • Options
    edited January 18
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Thanks, in that case I would recommend reaching out to an advisor at Help.ea.com so we can take a look at what happened and get you the kit.

I'll do that if I still face this problem tomorrow. Until now, that never happened to me, so I have no clue what might be the problem... maybe it's because I am a Mac user? I read somewhere that there were some problems.

EDIT: I got it now :lol: my Origin app did not automatically install the kit, but now I just did that and I can use the kit in-game. :)
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,466 Member
    Why ofcourse I goth both kits...

Today is my only evening off, so I wanted to check out the castle kit right away. It's simply gorgeous. I love it!

Sure I will keep fighting for those darn slim narrow aero arrow slits and more medieval business and gameplay, yargh, but I can confirm that the pretty little pretend "slim arrow slit" window works on curved walls. Hooray. She's a lovely thing, that window. I feel guilty for giving her so much grief. It's not her fault. Now she's my favourite item in the kit, dangnabbit, just because. No, I won't marry a window, that's taking it a step too far.

The other windows don't do curved walls, although that makes sense, they're quite big and they're rather handsome. Every item this kit has to offer is perfect for castle boy over here, it's just never enough, isn't it? It's just not enough, we deserve more. Why do kits exist again? To tease me. 🙃
  • Options
    Peapond69Peapond69 Posts: 74 Member
    edited January 18
    Thanks for update. Bought the Castle Estate kit and it looks awesome in game. Everything is there, despite preview page when trying to buy from in game. Trying out my first build with it.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Did I just spend the last 3 hours dealing with the horrible lighting in the Magic Realm to use the new castle kit to (partially) rebuild Magic HQ? ... maybe... (Still WIP, and I didn't do anything that spectacular, so no pictures yet. Maybe tomorrow.)
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Once I a able to, I plan to get both.