Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts about the upcoming Medieval Castle Kit 🏰

Β«134
Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
Last year there was a voting for two upcoming kits and Medieval Castle Kit won 🏰
I'm so looking forward to it but it makes me sad that it's only a kit.
Usually a kit contains around 25 objects and I fear it will be just the exterior castle build pieces, flags, banners...
So what about the interior and gameplay?
I'd rather have a full expansion about this theme.
Do you think this is all the medieval stuff we'll ever get or will there be more in the future?
We are also still eagerly waiting for fairies and dragons. That would have been the perfect opportunity to give us a larger pack with everything medieval.
What do you think?
Did it ever happen before that we got a kit about a certain theme that had been 'extended' in further packs? (I don't think so?)
It's mostly the other way around that a kit comes after an expansion with similar stuff. Like Greenhouse Haven after Cottage Living, for example.
Newsroom_Past_Vs_Future.png?im=AspectCrop=%2816,9%29,xPosition=0.9722222222222222,yPosition=0.9722222222222222&w=1024
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨

Comments

• Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    Yeah, I don't get it either. Making this a kit was just an odd decision in my view, whichever theme had won out. Why was a completely new theme relegated to a little kit? What's it going to have, a handful of building objects and that's it? So maybe you can build a castle, but what about the decor? And as for cas and gameplay... I'm sure it'll be really immersive to see our "medieval" sims dressed in crop tops and flood pants whipping out their cellphones all the time and going off to their jobs as astronauts, lol.

Maybe they'll surprise us and release a fairy pack first that complements this kit.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited January 3
    My conspiracy theory is that there is gonna be some pack, like for example Fairy GP which has medieval theme items in it

but they couldn't fit castles in (since its whole different architecture from the usual medieval dwellings) so they made it a kit option instead

my other conspiracy theory is that they somehow merged superheroes and fairies into one "save/destroy the earth" type occult which is why scifi was the other option

anyway conspiracy theories aside I would love to have more medieval/historical gameplay in my game or even just updates to make cauldrons etc that we do have more useful for historical play

from this kit I am mostly just expecting good things for castle exteriors so I can finally get proper medieval castle in my Windenburg
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    The only thing I need from a medieval kit is the stuff we don't already have, that is a portcullis door and a drawbridge. Also, a hidden door that doesn't look painted on.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    edited January 3
    I wish they've done a Game Pack of it, kind of like Batuu or Strangerville with it's own little world and gameplay but not big enough for an Expansion Pack because not everyone loves these (Vampires, Werewolves, Realm of Magic).
  • Options
    edited January 3
    @AlanSims I agree that not everyone likes occults, but they are the most reviewed Game Packs and the Game Packs with the most positive reviews on steam.

I made a chart a few weeks ago with steam data.
    And even though we don't have acess to any sales chart data, I think that the occult Game Packs are the ones they make the most money with.
    So imo a new occult pack will be very sucessful and will bring EA a lot of money.

43c93fb196d63b2582a1d4b9175742abe4bbeee0.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    So back before the vote with the Medieval pack and the Horses I had a thought that could all be incorporated in an EP that was simply Medieval times. After horses made it in and this was confirmed to be coming for 2024, I revised that idea a bit, since it seems too few things for an EP (not that this has stopped them before). Thought about a game pack, not as expressly going back to live in the Medieval times, but instead visiting a Renaissance Fair instead. You could have a tavern, a market, an archery/swordsplay type of competition lot and a stage for acting and musical performances. There could be a couple of empty lots as well - they could be set as rental lots if you were so inclined but they could not be used as permanent residential lots.

That's just my ideal at this point. I would absolutely love the whole general idea be dug into a bit deeper. Its honestly right below hotels and more hobbies in my want list.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I would have preferred a bigger medieval pack as well. To do the theme justice we would need build items, furniture, clothing for all age groups and gameplay (at the very least an alternative to computers and phones)

All I can hope is for this to go similar to the country kitchen kit. Just a few months later we got cottage living. It feels that kit was made from unused concept art from a bigger pack. I have similar feelings about basement treasures and the grunge kit (werewolves), first fits kit (growing together) and Indian street fashion kit (culture attire from my wedding stories) So there is still some hope for complementary content in a bigger pack.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    edited January 4
    Hopefully @Lenny_Ogg
    Country Kitchen was soon followed by Cottage living.

Luxury party to me what my wedding stories before my wedding stories came out

Vintage glamour - not sure which came first but fits with Get Famous.

Grunge and goth cas kits- and I believe we are still due bands because how can you be a musician, and only in the classical music section in particular?

we need vaulted ceilings. Any kind of church builds now with roof showing look horrid. The need texture paint like ceilings,(bottom of floors). but on the bottom. of the roof. Thinking also Sinstine Chapel, Duomo inFlorence. Also this kind of roofing
    I want flying exterior columns- forum wont let me use proper title for this architectural detail, sculptural relief detail, I want to be about to paint the exteriors like the Duomo in Florence, and buildings in Venice and Italy with those decorative drawn squares and marble inlay on exterior elevation.

I want a time travel pack. I really hope so before the move on to the Sims Rene.

Also I need a bunch of 64x64 lots in worlds like Windenburg, Forgotten Hollow, Glimmerbrook. I donthave enough in my game for the builds I want. I can’t keep swapping them around. I wish they introduce kits that expand worlds with more lots. Sims 1 did that with their first expansions.

At the moment I have the royal family air bnb rooms in Dracula’s castle because I’m not giving up that lot for Buckingham Palace that use to be there. Also have Lucy Westenra air bnb rooms in her Manor to Kate And William's family because I prefer it to Kensington Palace that was there, whihc I wish I could put back because they have apartments in there, but I love historical builds so much, I want to keep Lucy's manor.

Also have Thomas Shelby manor taking up the other 64 x 64 lot ad he is not air bnbing.
    There is speculations of a new world like London- I can only dream. I really would love to make Westminster Abbey type builds, with all that relief or like the gothic cathedral in Cologne. We just need more old worlds and my Windenburg is full. It looks jarring in Moonwood Mill, I tried.

More old mood worlds with lots of large lots sizes! I have a ton of custom content for period clothes but an expansion would mean more official which I would love.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited January 4
    I was a bit surprised by the chosen themes of the kits because it felt like I was back in 2014, trying to build castles and futuristic houses. Seeing these themes now as kits feels like a very late decision, I remember back in the day how people built large castles and palaces and shared them on the gallery. I'm not sure if people do it as much today.

I'm hoping that the castle kit will have some exterior items that people that like to build castles have wanted, a fence that looks like a battlement or something.

As for them exploring gameplay... we have gotten kits that have been similar to full packs but sims are hard coded now to pick up their phone every second and you get messages every day about going to places, so they will have problems making worlds that take place in a time before phones were invented.

Maybe they will do a pack where you can visit a castle in modern times who will have a medieval fair or something? But that's probably not what people want. But at least we will get interior items that work for castles if they do that.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    All things considered, a LOT of packs have classical style decor in them. You know, statues, art, plant decor... that kind of thing merges with Medieval fairly well. I don't feel like we need more Medieval items. I feel like we need more interesting futuristic items that don't just look like Modern Art.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Would be nice if we could get some working cannons for that authentic experience. :) The cannon that came with Growing Together shoots confetti not cannon balls.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I probably won't get it. Even if it was an expansion pack. It would be the 1st ep I have no use for in my game because it's just too far from the base game it will just be too out of place. Like I can't even get myself to use alpha cc for the same reason lol. But it's not that I'm not interested in smth medieval for the Sims. Like if they made a medieval spin off game then i would probably check it out and enjoy it. Just not something I want for the Sims 4. But for some reason I'll more likely accept a future themed ep than a medieval one. Even though it would have the same "out of place" problem.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Anything is possible. Hopefully we will see more of this theme. If this is all we get for medieval stuff, I'm happy. Eagerly waiting for both kits. Yes, I voted for both winning results.
    i7-13700K β€’ 16GB β€’ RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited January 4
    yeah voted for Goth and Medieval

Goth was easy pick as gremlin I am
    but I see some use for both build theme options we had to pick from

Yet I just find medieval theme to be more useful all around than scifi, the same way I find broom to be more useful than robot vacuum
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I'm just wondering if the new Kit will be almost like a small stuff pack. Maybe they are pushing the envelope with it. After all Paranormal & Home Chef Hustle stuff packs were more like small gameplays packs. So who knows. :*;)
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Let's see... there's about 25 items in a kit, give or take...

Ideally we're looking at (I know we can use more, but I'm trying to keep within the 25 item limit)

1 new wallpaper (other suitable wallpapers already exist in Get Together and Discover University, so it just needs to coordinate with that)
    1-2 new floors - maybe optional... maybe just some base game recolors of existing floors.
    1 New Freize or floor trim.
    1 New half wall trim or new fence to cover crenelations (the up and down sections of the top of a castle wall) They're defensive, so better done as something sims can "hide" behind.
    At least 2 new windows. One arrow slit, one arched. There are other usable windows in Get Together and, of all places, Strangerville among others. Most windows would be terribly small, so we don't need them for all three heights.
    1 new medium/tall wall height "gate" door
    1 new short wall height postern door
    1 new fireplace
    1 new large/long table
    1 new dining chair - arguably 2 or 3 (arm chair, armless chair, high seat)
    1 new wall light
    1 new ceiling light - may count as 3 items if they cover all three wall heights.
    1 new "stove" that looks like a cook pot over a fire, maybe?
    1 new double bed
    1 new wardrobe
    1 new side table
    3 new sitting chairs - 1 large throne, 1 small throne, 1 "casual" chair. Again, other suitable furniture is in Get Together
    2 new tapestry wall decors - one wide, one narrow
    And if they could squeeze it in, maybe a new bench.

If I didn't miscount, that's 28 items if they include all my minimums.
    I'd also like a new stair and stair rail, but I can't think what I'd cut to fit those in... maybe the extra dining chairs.

• Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    I'm building a castle in Henford right now, I feel like at least some good windows would be nice, but get together windows are working in a pinch.

I own all packs and kits, and there's no good medieval beds. Small toddler chamber pot, no adult chamber pot. Also, I need the desks from Sims Medieval, and the wooden larders. Old fashioned pot over fire style fireplace. Some banners and tapestries. A spinning wheel.

Dungeon stuff, like bars and a dungeon door. Chains on the floor.

A big, medieval looking dining table. Also, anything and everything from the movie Brave. (Not Braveheart).

Other than that, I haven't longed for too much.
  • Options

Below the description from EA/The Sims 4.
    Article is πŸ‘‰ here
    Quote:

Build Buy: Past or Future theme? Vote for your favorite Build Kit!

Love the past or looking to the future? Grandeur and majesty make MEDIEVAL CASTLE perfect for creating your own kingdom, providing you with everything you’ll need to build a grand, rustic castle. Build a fortress with an array of elements including brick walls, battlements and leaded glass windows set in old stone. Place your vote for HIGH TECH FUTURISM if you’re inspired by out-of-this-world architecture featuring sleek metal exteriors and glowing accents that make a perfect home base for any Sims visiting from another planet.

Quote end/

Even though they don't mention any furniture and only build stuff - does it give hope because they name the Kit 'Build Buy' or is it their general term for these kind of Kits? That they only go with 'Build Buy' or 'CAS' Kit?

There are two Castle 'Kits' in the Sims 3 Store.
    One for exterior and one for interior.
    If they scratch a few of the build items, there is a way to give us a kit with the basic interior included too.
    But that would really mean this is all of the medieval that we'll ever get 😭

Exterior contains 19 Items for 693 Simpoints (1000 Simpoints cost 7€/$ afaik)
    0ebbf4adb76ceb6bd4a86989ec36577f64bb23e2.pnj

Interior comes with 13 Items for 427 Simpoints
    2e361ad9c8a9d36111e924b8190d83f9fcdf05d7.pnj
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    Interesting to see that we could get a complete exterior and interior castle kit with around 25 items! I'd love that! And it wouldn't necessarily rule out another pack with a medieval theme, as there's so much more that could be done besides castles. Though I'm not getting my hopes up.

I voted for this kit, and I'm looking forward to seeing what it turns out to be.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Below the description from EA/The Sims 4.
    Article is πŸ‘‰ here
    Quote:

Build Buy: Past or Future theme? Vote for your favorite Build Kit!

Love the past or looking to the future? Grandeur and majesty make MEDIEVAL CASTLE perfect for creating your own kingdom, providing you with everything you’ll need to build a grand, rustic castle. Build a fortress with an array of elements including brick walls, battlements and leaded glass windows set in old stone. Place your vote for HIGH TECH FUTURISM if you’re inspired by out-of-this-world architecture featuring sleek metal exteriors and glowing accents that make a perfect home base for any Sims visiting from another planet.

Quote end/

Even though they don't mention any furniture and only build stuff - does it give hope because they name the Kit 'Build Buy' or is it their general term for these kind of Kits? That they only go with 'Build Buy' or 'CAS' Kit?

There are two Castle 'Kits' in the Sims 3 Store.
    One for exterior and one for interior.
    If they scratch a few of the build items, there is a way to give us a kit with the basic interior included too.
    But that would really mean this is all of the medieval that we'll ever get 😭

Exterior contains 19 Items for 693 Simpoints (1000 Simpoints cost 7€/$ afaik)
    0ebbf4adb76ceb6bd4a86989ec36577f64bb23e2.pnj

Interior comes with 13 Items for 427 Simpoints
    2e361ad9c8a9d36111e924b8190d83f9fcdf05d7.pnj

Hopefully we get few furniture like a throne chair
  • Options
    edited January 5
    @Horrorgirl6 We sometimes use the one from Get Famous.
    0a808e55920d8412cff93d57ea60fd9a10473147.jpg
    9a1e752b3e49f1ea3ed65fd6b694d733281c2bd7.jpg
    55bb23056e84420c772e3680e20f8a57d2f9a41f.jpg
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    For ancient architecture we urgently need thicker columns.
  • Options
    edited January 5
    for architecture in general we need columns to not play hide and seek

its so frustrating when I use bunch of columns and they don't even show in live mode *hissing*
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Would be nice if it were a taster to whet our appetite for a larger pack later on but I wouldn't count on it. You'd definitely need the horses, which are needed in medieval times so if you didn't have the Ranch pack, what's the use? Of course if there were turrets we might get some spiral stairs at last.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I'm thinking this castle kit will most resemble the Courtyard Oasis kit, in that the focus will mostly be on build with just a little bit of buy. So looking at that kit we got:
    1 floor tile
    2 wall tiles
    5 doors
    2 windows
    1 platform trim
    1 fence
    1 stair railing
    1 stair
    1 column
    2 ceiling rails
    1 fountain
    1 chair
    1 couch
    2 tables
    2 plants
    2 decorative pieces
    1 floor covering
    2 lights

So I'm thinking for the castle kit:
    1-2 floor tiles
    1-2 wall tiles
    3-5 doors
    3-5 windows
    1-2 friezes
    1-2 fences
    1 stair (no railing, when I picture castle stairs I picture them without railings)
    1-2 columns
    1 fireplace
    1-2 chairs
    1-2 tables
    1-2 beds
    1-2 floor coverings
    2-3 lights
    2-4 decorative pieces

Whatever we get, I'm looking forward to building a castle in Windenburg, Henford, and Forgotten Hollow. Whether playing in the past or present, I think a castle will fit into those worlds perfectly.