Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January Patch Speculation Thread 2024 (Now Released)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Speculate on the first update of 2024 here. I'd hope this patch deals with the new apartment and residential rental lot type bugs. There are several that need to be addressed.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Maybe there will be a stuff pack in January 2024? So it could have a pre-SP update. However it would indeed be way better if they focused on fixing the bugs with the next few patches as my game is barely working as intended right now, For Rent pretty much broke the game as it was. Hopefully the bad bugs will get fixed very soon.
  • Options
    I'm betting that we'll get a roadmap announcement and a sims summit announcement next week and hopefully the January Patch will happen early in January.
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    edited December 2023
    I'm betting that we'll get a roadmap announcement and a sims summit announcement next week and hopefully the January Patch will happen early in January.

Maybe the announcement is the 9th right? The sale ends that day, news usually come at the end of a sale
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    I saw eyelashes in a Simguru's X...
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Id say in the middle or end of January we'll get a roadmap the kits we already know about so they maybe the one announced early. Hopefully in the New Year we get cars, preteens, Burglars, Vacations. Please please please please.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Arca wrote: »

I would love to see eyelashes!!
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    I'm currently trying to install the most recent update (whenever that was!) so I can do the build and share and it is taking its sweet time...I am thinking it won't be finished updating until the January patch is out.

I have updated and restarted Steam, updated and restarted my computer, etc, btw, I don't know what's wrong, it's just being irritating. Steam and my computer also took a million years to update and restart, but my computer doesn't have any viruses or threats, so, I don't know what's wrong.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I'm hoping lots of bug fixes, especially for For Rent, and eyelashes would be awesome!
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Id say in the middle or end of January we'll get a roadmap the kits we already know about so they maybe the one announced early. Hopefully in the New Year we get cars, preteens, Burglars, Vacations. Please please please please.

I'm predicting after the 9th the roadmap gets announced.
    Arca wrote: »

That would be awesome. Did they look more realistic? That might mean they're coming in the January Update or as an SDX.

• Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    I would really appreciate if they took January time to iron out FR bugs and other ones that still linger between packs so February we could start with a new round of announcements and packs.

But a January roadmap reveal plus one SDX would also be super cool 😎
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    Patch coming January 16th, should we already have a Laundry List?
  • Options
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    Patch coming January 16th, should we already have a Laundry List?

I hope it includes a lot of fixes for For Rent.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    So, no laundry list ahead of this patch? Or will we get it the day before the patch? No laundry list ahead of a patch leads me to think it's only minor fixes. But there are some major For Rent bugs right now.

It would be great if they'd fix For Rent so I can buy it in time to get the freebies. If not, I may as well put off buying it until it's on sale.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    So, no laundry list ahead of this patch? Or will we get it the day before the patch? No laundry list ahead of a patch leads me to think it's only minor fixes. But there are some major For Rent bugs right now.

It would be great if they'd fix For Rent so I can buy it in time to get the freebies. If not, I may as well put off buying it until it's on sale.

Usually laundry lists are published 2 weeks in advance. So I don't expect this patch to be focused on fixes.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited January 12
    I see several roadmap mentions - was it released? I don't even know where to look for it...

Found it... :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SweetBexiSweetBexi Posts: 147 Member
    PandoraTO wrote: »

I'm the same. I've not played my sims in months and when I saw 'For Rent' I decided I wanted to restart my legacy save to incorporate the pack however with the bugs I'm hearing I've still never bought it. Maybe if this patch fixes some of that I'll buy it in time for the freebies but if not I'm holding off till sale and even then it'll depend on the bugs
  • Options
    TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    Are we getting a patch tomorrow?
  • Options

Yes we are.
  • Options
    edited January 16
    I hope they throw in an sdx with pool slides or pool waterfalls in the patch.
  • Options
    PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    edited January 16

Yes we are.
    No laundry list.
    No reassurance from the Devs that the bucket load of bugs introduced with For Rent will be fixed.
    Gonna be a fun patch, if there is one at all ...

• Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member

Weren't SDX introduced so we don't have to wait for the next update before we get new objects? Releasing them as part of a patch doesn't make any sense here.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    kusurusu wrote: »

Weren't SDX introduced so we don't have to wait for the next update before we get new objects? Releasing them as part of a patch doesn't make any sense here.

They released one recently in a patch.
  • Options
    naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    one for rent fix & it's for the screen resolution? please be so for real.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    naeshelle wrote: »
    one for rent fix & it's for the screen resolution? please be so for real.

Yep, with most of our people out of office right after For Rent launched for the holiday seasonal shut down it really hurt our ability to investigate and resolve issues as fast as we'd like.

Hopefully our next base game update has more to offer in this regard.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png