Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much of the Sims 4 Content do you own? πŸ’Έ

Comments

• Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I got most either through sales or bundles, some were given as gifts. Currently, I own 56% of the packs, but not counting kits, it's closer to 85% of EP, GP and SP.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I own everything except Horse Ranch, Journey to Batuu, homecheff stuff pack and most of the kits. I have bought many packs in a sale but also many full price, some were gifts or giveaway prizes. Have played 5000-6000 hours so the cost doesn't feel too high to me.
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    I own more than 75% bought on sale 500-750 €/$
    Own everything either bought in bundles, on sale, or was given to me as a gift or paid full price like the kits since can't bundle them or EA gave free just half of the new packs that came out after Sept 22 to now paid full price or son and daughter in law bought for me
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    "I own between 50 and 75% bought on sale ~ 250-500 €/$"

I currently own 12 EPs, 10 GPs, 15 SPs, 1 Kit.

EPs: All except - For Rent, High School Years & Eco Lifestyle
    GPs: All except - My Wedding Stories & Journey to Batuu
    SPs: All except - Home Chef Hustle, Toddler Stuff, Perfect Patio & Luxury Party
    Kits: I only own Desert Luxe b/c it was offered for free

However, I may pick up Eco Lifestyle before the current holiday sale ends. I bought all of my packs on sale for at least 50% off, and I often take advantage of the Build-A-Bundle feature. So far, I've spent a total of $386.40. I haven't bought a pack on release since The Sims 2. I don't mind waiting for sales, and hopefully, by the time a good sale comes around, any major bugs are fixed.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    musteni wrote: Β»
    I own everything except Horse Ranch, Journey to Batuu, homecheff stuff pack and most of the kits. I have bought many packs in a sale but also many full price, some were gifts or giveaway prizes. Have played 5000-6000 hours so the cost doesn't feel too high to me.

Wow, that's a lot of played hours. I am at about 1800 hours. The €/hour rate is something to consider. Going to see a movie at the cinema definitely costs more €/hour than playing sims for example.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I own whatever I want to own. I've gotten some on sale and some not if I really wanted it. If it was a theme where I just wanted the world and CAS/BB, for example, I might wait until it was way on sale. For themes I really wanted, I haven't waited or worried about it. I've taken breaks at times as well. I don't see any issue with it. Plenty of games out there have various expansions. There are a lot of games and gaming categories that I'm just not interested in. I don't think it requires justification at all. Like what you like, play with what you want to, have fun.

I like having the various worlds and I use content from different packs whenever I want. I don't feel like I need to have everything but I've added themes that have interested me or that I'd use. A few times, I've gotten the special gameplay objects. I don't know, I like that SE Asian street cart grill and added it to my Tomarang vacation rental for any of my sims to visit and use. I go for some quirky stuff. Not every kit is for me, for example, including some of the popular ones. I'm not really a supernatural player though I might play a little with that content in a restricted way so I've gotten any of that stuff when marked down and generally speaking, I've shopped some sales anyway. I got Cottage Living right away and probably certain others. I think I did with Snowy Escape too. I honestly really like those types of packs.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I own everything. I either bought them full price or cheaper on release at CD Keys. There are a couple of kits and the High School pack I waited to buy, but not because of price. I have no idea what percentage I paid full price for, I couldn't even guess as my memory is pretty bad.
  • Options
    MaraleanMaralean Posts: 4 New Member
    I own everything, and paid full price for most of the packs. Only for the occult expansions I waited for some sort of discount. The rest either full price, or a lucky sale at the right time :smile:
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    I really don’t know how to respond to your poll. I don’t usually buy kits, and there are a lot of them, so percents would look pretty low. I have 10/15 EPs, 7/12 GPs, about half of the Stuff Packs, and 2 kits. Packs that are strictly family centered are the ones I usually skip, and I have all of the fantasy packs (except Batuu) so content type drives my purchases. I only paid full price for Cottage Living and Werewolves, because I really wanted them in my game as soon as possible. I’m watching Horse Ranch and For Rent for future purchases.
  • Options
    MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 203 Member

I do not have any numbers so I did not vote. But I don't own that much... I got Base game when it went free the first time, Cats&Dogs, Seasons, Dine Out, Spa Day, Backyard Stuff and Fitness Stuff. And that's it! I have no idea if I did pay the full price or not. Other then that, I spend some time searching for (free) CC to my game. Mostly older stuff...
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I bought the base game in 2017 for like $5-$10 or something like that, and I just bought the Star Wars pack during this sale. Everything else I think I paid full price for, and have it all except for a few of the kits.
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    I own most of the packs/kits, bought at full price and no regrets. Thoroughly enjoying the game.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    I have everything except the Basement Treasures kit. Most of it I bought on the day it released. The ones I didn't buy on day one I still picked up within the first month after release. I don't always use everything in a pack or kit but I love having options.πŸ™‚
  • Options
    hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    I have 27 of the packs but no kits. Half of which I'd say I've bought during this recent sale! Oops! I wanted to cheer myself up...
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I own about 75 percent of the content, and some of it was sale, some at full price. I also downloaded the free kit.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    I have all of the major packs, and I bought almost all of them on the release date at full price. EA loves me...I'm one of those simmers that just can't wait, gotta have it lol
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I own less than 25%. I bought the base game and Get to Work when they first came out and I have whatever packs they decide to give us for free.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    edited December 2023
    I own everything, including kits and Batuu. Pretty much everything I've bought on sale, on the big 1/2 off or more sales after Thanksgiving. Then I started paying full price when the extra items were an incentive. I've been collecting since the beginning of Sims 4, so it doesn't feel like a huge purchase. It actually shocked me when I looked back at how much. I've spent about $600. I don't regret buying it all, though, because I don't do mods. My computer just doesn't like mods (maybe because it's Mac, I don't know). My husband knows I'd rather have a new Sims expansion or pack than flowers that cost the same and get thrown away...that's how I justify it. LOL.

PS. I guess I actually bought more than 100%, lol. My adult daughter has her own account that I started with a couple of packs when she was a teen, and my three boys I started on their own (shared) account when the base game went free, and bought them a couple of their most wanted for Christmas. Cats and Dogs, Vampires, and my little guy really wanted the dust bunnies because he sees them in my game all the time.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I have 62 packs according to the EA App.

EPs Paid full price (as in got them upon release)

GPs Also at full price

SPs full price

Kits, full price

I was invited to own My First Pet from EA for free, and I accepted.

For the record I purchased ALL of Sims2, without question.

I grew leery with Sims 3 and picky, as well.

Brought my pickiness along with me to Sims 4.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I have 62 packs according to the EA App.

EPs Paid full price (as in got them upon release)

GPs Also at full price

SPs full price

Kits, full price

I was invited to own My First Pet from EA for free, and I accepted.

For the record I purchased ALL of Sims2, without question.

I grew leery with Sims 3 and picky, as well.

Brought my pickiness along with me to Sims 4.

It is possible, since I followed the link provided that I may have missed some of the packs I own. The English names really didn't match the ones I'm used to. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I don't have any kits and missing like 5 Stuff Packs so the rest I got full price (GPs and EPs).
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Had the same poll running on my tumblr (for one week, longer is not possible).
    Here are the results:
    (I think this is not representative for all Simmers since (imo) mostly the more 'devoted' Simmers are on social media/forums and - of course - they spend more money on The Sims and buy more packs.)

Results from 67 votes in one week on tumblr
    bd739106ee8650d7237ad35d215379087ecdd656.pnj

vs 76 votes since December 27 (=10 days) here at the forum
    053402be90cc1476aeb95424e0c1c5df02f6120f.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I think "I own between 50 and 75% bought on sale ~ 250-500 €/$"

I have only bought Paranormal and Werewolves at full price. About half of the content I own were gifts or giveaway things because I was very active in Twitter a bit after I started to play.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I got 75% percent all the expansions and most of the gamepacks.Most the expansions I got on sale or my birthday .Except last year
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    I only started playing Sims 4 when bunnies and llamas were introduced, along with the lovely world of Henford-on-Bagley. I could not resist that expansion.

So I bought everything all at one time, right before, to guarantee I learned enough about game play that I would be ready on the day it came out to dig right in and enjoy it thoroughly. The only kit I did not want was Dust Busters, along with some assorted CAS kits that were not my style. I am fairly certain that some things were reduced price or on sale or bundled. I really do not remember because I did not care. My daughter bought it all, as a gift to us both (but I do the vast majority of online play time because I play all week long and she only has weekends free to play).

Since that expansion, I have purchased everything on the day it came out, except for a few CAS kits. Because that is the fun of it for me, being on the cutting edge of a release.

Added up over several years, it may seem like a lot. But I doubt it even comes to $20.00 per month, and a lot of people spend that each month for online only mobile games, music, books, and so forth.

It all depends on how many hours of enjoyment you get for your "investment." I enjoy playing sims more than most other activities. Well, maybe it ties with reading a good book. But for sure it is more fun than movies, and look at how much they cost and usually for a one time thing. No, I have never considered sims too expensive. For me, it has been worth every dime.