Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life by You vs. Sims 5 (Rene)? Rod Humble and Paradox's Life Simulation Game

Comments

• Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited December 2023
    I've been playing Runescape and it totally reminds me of how that life-by-you looks.

the way the guy in the picture looks reminds me of Sims 1 when you could put a photo of someone's real face on them and stylise it, which might be why they look a bit weird when they talk to each other, because the face is a stylised photo.

Yeah, The Sims Creator for Sims 1 had a photo upload tool. Never used it, but this is what it looks like :p

3pqs276tndcw.png

Post edited by simmerorigin on
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Sims 1 photo upload had a styliser so that the face blended with a cartoony look. And even when it wasn't stylised it didn't look quite right in the game, different to the close-up in the creator.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I don’t like this, I don’t like this one bit! The shadows on the face. The eyes.

h42hgvg63nnn.jpeg

I am wondering if they are purposely making them look this bad so when they finally finesse them gamers eagerly embrace the change. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Rob1992Rob1992 Posts: 56 Member
    > @simmerorigin said:
    > I don’t like this, I don’t like this one bit! The shadows on the face. The eyes.

I'd hazard a guess that there is at least one person who would do messed up contouring like that with their makeup. Same for people who use so much foundation in the wrong shade that they turn orange. It's very possible Rocio doesn't care so much about the sim used for a video and it just turned out this way after hitting random a few times
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Rob1992 wrote: »
    > @simmerorigin said:
    > I don’t like this, I don’t like this one bit! The shadows on the face. The eyes.

I'd hazard a guess that there is at least one person who would do messed up contouring like that with their makeup. Same for people who use so much foundation in the wrong shade that they turn orange. It's very possible Rocio doesn't care so much about the sim used for a video and it just turned out this way after hitting random a few times

I don't believe Rocio doesn't care about the person. She's obviously very dedicated to this project.

I believe it's simply because the game is still very, very early in development. I'm confident the people in the game will look really good in the final product.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I'm hoping the LBY team will overhaul the Humans-right now,the Humans look so fake and claylike.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited December 2023
    Rob1992 wrote: »
    > @simmerorigin said:

I don't believe Rocio doesn't care about the person. She's obviously very dedicated to this project.

I believe it's simply because the game is still very, very early in development. I'm confident the people in the game will look really good in the final product.

Yeah tbf, I have to remind myself when i see video updates that the game will basically still be in early access for a reason for the first year of it's release, because those players will essentially be beta testers to give feedback while the devs simultaneously work on the game, so we are currently not looking at the final product and graphics.

It can be worrying to see them that way though nonetheless :D
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    I don't believe the sim appearance will change. I believe the creators will stay with the general style and feel of it, maybe an adjustment here and there. If they get too close to what The Sims looks like, as how you like it, they would be ripping them off too much because from what the photos have been looking like, the decor and things are very very similar, almost exact copies.
    The Sims forever! The Sims is the best! I love The Sims! Won't be getting me to change. All these other attempts prove nobody does it better. The original are the best! They have the formula! Yay!
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Love it! B)
  • Options
    The lighting is much improved.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    The lighting is much improved.

The characters look better.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Probably the best update they have shown on the characters since the announcement the male character looks so much better, women still have that weird posture/clipping problem but that does not bother me all the women can have that issue as long as the males are done right. Eyes are still messed up as well hopefully they fix that the second they zoom out eyes become white in the center.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I've been playing Runescape and it totally reminds me of how that life-by-you looks.

the way the guy in the picture looks reminds me of Sims 1 when you could put a photo of someone's real face on them and stylise it, which might be why they look a bit weird when they talk to each other, because the face is a stylised photo.

Yeah, The Sims Creator for Sims 1 had a photo upload tool. Never used it, but this is what it looks like :p

3pqs276tndcw.png

That end result reminds me of Men in Black. The monster who crashes his spaceship and eats the farmer whole, assumes his skin, sorting out the creases in his face after! ;)>:)
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

3pqs276tndcw.png

That end result reminds me of Men in Black. The monster who crashes his spaceship and eats the farmer whole, assumes his skin, sorting out the creases in his face after! ;)>:)

He's wearing an Edgar suit! lol
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Short stylized facial hair that matches seamlessly into the hair eyebrows that don't look like caterpillars and detailed fade hairstyles I could get use to this. Characters need a lot more work but what looks more polished like what I mentioned looks good.

lets-give-him-a-name-v0-saf88tezlj6c1.png?s=7320f347ce1b0e72b34e225de4dd4d28ea75b99a

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member

Sounds like a dream come true. Seeing the success chance for every interaction plus the outcome is so helpful. For Sims 2 at least there was the Prima Guide that revealed the numbers, Sims 4 doesn't even show the exact relationship value without a mod. Using icons in dialogue (or even instead of dialogue) is much apprecciated, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I enjoy having probability of success play a role. I don’t enjoy every social interaction succeeding. Chemistry and context should be relevant factors for success
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited December 2023
    Simburian wrote: »

3pqs276tndcw.png

He's wearing an Edgar suit! lol

Saw Men in Black on TV last night. He's the spitting image of Edgar inhabited! I wonder if someone making that film played The Sims! :oB)
  • Options
    edited December 2023
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member

The game is coming around very nicely. They have definitely made some graphical improvements in the lighting, and it shows.
  • Options
    I didn't like the bedroom windows, but I'm confident that I will be able to have windows that fit my personal taste.

Love that there are going to be a lot of quests available to do. I love doing quests. One of my favorite things about The Sims Medieval.

Overall, I really like how things in general are progressing. B)
  • Options
    I didn't like the bedroom windows, but I'm confident that I will be able to have windows that fit my personal taste.

Love that there are going to be a lot of quests available to do. I love doing quests. One of my favorite things about The Sims Medieval.

Overall, I really like how things in general are progressing. B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top