Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tomarang World Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    edited November 2023
    MichelleW wrote: »
    In the beginning of the reveal trailer there is a green bridge by several fake buildings. Where is that on the map?

Details in the real world are often not seen on the world map, but I think this map looks unfinished. I'm counting 9 lots, but they are all empty? I would like at least a few premade builds because it is reflecting a specific culture mix, and seeing how new build elements are used would help.

btw, I posed the map leak on my blog.

Added: Haha, I just spotted the green bridge from the trailer - it's located in the very center of the map, southern hood :) As stated on my blog, the heading image of the 3 boats is mirrored, so you might look for a wrong set-up.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I see the green bridge too but it is supposed to be next to a row of thin fake houses and a circular fountain which don't appear near it on this map.

My phone is being weird and won't let me post the image I'm taking about so I will post a link

https://simscommunity.info/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/The-Sims-4-For-Rent-Expansion-Pack_-Official-Reveal-Trailer-0-6-screenshot-1024x576.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I don 't see anything wrong when comparing that img with the world map. If you study the map, standing north of that river body looking south, it will be what the image shows. Map is just not as detailed as the real world img, that's normal.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited November 2023
    I saw there was a leaked map and I really hope it’s fake cause it only has 9 lots.

• Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I saw there was a leaked map and I really hope it’s fake cause it only has 9 lots.

With say 5 households on each lot you'll have the capacity of housing 45 households in the new world ;)
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited November 2023
    Dianesims wrote: »

With say 5 households on each lot you'll have the capacity of housing 45 households in the new world ;)

Still, 9 lots !! It’s tiny, this isn’t a Gamepack! And they don’t look super big.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,411 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I see the green bridge too but it is supposed to be next to a row of thin fake houses and a circular fountain which don't appear near it on this map.

My phone is being weird and won't let me post the image I'm taking about so I will post a link

https://simscommunity.info/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/The-Sims-4-For-Rent-Expansion-Pack_-Official-Reveal-Trailer-0-6-screenshot-1024x576.jpg

The maps are rarely accurate, and features are often missing. I wouldn't be too concerned about not seeing the circular fountain, Willow Creek map is missing an entire railway line and depot. That being said, I do see what looks like a cave. I wonder if we are getting a new cave that we'll be able to explore.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,400 Member
    I'm hoping there is atleast 1 or 2 normal rental lots in Tomarang for vacationing sims.
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 172 Member
    Somehow I have the feeling that the one lot on the very right side leads into the animal sanctuary. :) I know a lot of people suspect that it'll be a rabbit hole, but if this is the third active animal-"neighborhood", it makes perfect sense to me that there are just two other neighborhoods.
    Let's hope for the best!
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I'm fine with the only 9 lots if its because they put more resources and time into both the new apartment system and better gameplay
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    edited November 2023
    Okay, I seen the map and it's quite different from the other ones, in a good way of course. I love how beautiful it is, but I only have one problem with it...the number of lots and neighborhoods. Nine lots and two neighborhoods for such a beautiful world, seriously? I mean, I see why they did it like that because of the new residential rental lot type, but still. 🥲
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I'm ok with fewer lots due to the multiple households per residential rental lot... however, nine is still on the skimpy side even with the residential rentals in mind. After all, most of us aren't going to just have a world full of apartment buildings and nothing else. I'm nowhere near firming up my plans, but just off the top of my head, I'd probably want at least a couple of apartment buildings, a couple of vacation rental lots, and at least one single family home, which brings me to five lots immediately. You just know there will be a premade bar or lounge, so that brings us to at least six lots.

That leaves only three lots, at most, to choose between libraries, parks, museums, community lots, restaurants, pools, gyms, spas, retail, wedding venues, etc. I rarely use gyms, and I'm probably willing to give up a park (since we have the animal sanctuary and botanical gardens, even if they are rabbitholes), and I'm probably willing to not have a restaurant since we have the night market, and can set up our own food stands with Home Chef Hustle. But I think I'm going to want to try to squeeze in a spa and at least one retail lot, to make it feel like both a vacation destination and a place where people actually live. So... it's going to be a tight fit. Even 10 would be easier to make work.

To a certain extent, we should be able to use the shared spaces in the apartments to get creative and replace some of the other things. Like making pseudo community gardens. And your sims could teach yoga or set up their food stands in the shared spaces. But it won't work for everything.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I can accept/not be mad at only having 9 lots between 2 neighborhoods, but I won't pretend I'm happy about it either.

I do want to see what the distribution is on lot types. I'm figuring 2 empty, 1or 2 normal residential, three (or if there's only one normal residential, four) residential rental, and 2 community lots
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    Only 2 neighborhoods for an Expansion and rehashed gameplay from City Living...
    And I thought they couldn't disappoint me with this pack, yet here I am hahaha omg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    MeTime85MeTime85 Posts: 142 Member
    So does that mean with this new expansion, we can look forward to smaller maps? That's something to ponder.
    For-forum.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,411 Member
    Maybe they added such few lots because they felt we wouldn't need too many given the new lot type, which I kind of understand, but I hope there's enough suitable lots to add some more community lots. We also need space for at least a rental lot so we can use the world as vacation destination. If the botanical garden and the animal sanctuary are rabbit holes as rumored then we are going to need more community lots to give our sims something to do in the world otherwise it's going to be just the nightmarket and that seems to only be open at night.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    edited November 2023
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I know people are going to disagree with me, but I honestly think that the Animal Sanctuary being a Rabbit Hole (which I'm almost certain it is) is actually a good thing.

First and foremost, it means that the animal sanctuary will neither be a drain on system resources nor effectively empty of sims except for the ones you bring. Even if they increased the 20 sims limit, having all those animals about would probably force the game to cut down on the number of sims that show up.

Second, it means that we get more assets for the city/build-buy/CAS, because they didn't have to create and animate the animals in the sanctuary. I know a lot of people think that the packs should just be given the budget to have everything that we (the players) think should be in the pack, but that's not how it works. There's a fixed maximum of assets and systems and work hours assigned to a pack based on its size, and while I'd certainly love animals, I don't want them enough for other assets to be removed in exchange.

Now, all that said, there may be ways they could get around it, and at least one developer on the pack has a history of getting more into a pack than previously thought possible. And if they did make it actually visitable, I'd love it. But I'm not expecting it, and I can certainly understand why they would make the choice to leave the Animal Sanctuary as a rabbit hole. And in the long run, I'm okay with it.

I hope it’s not a rabbit hole. I don’t really expect the animals to be intractable, but it would be nice if we could at least see them roaming around. We see other animals in different worlds, we can even interact with rabbits, though I don’t expect the animals to be intractable. It would be nice if there were animals to see, and have sims appreciate seeing them with happy or cheerful, and calming reactions. Of course a scare might be a bit funny too. That’s just me. I don’t expect a lot, but it sure would be nice to at least see wild ones, even if not that close up.

Adopting small animals as someone mentioned would be a great addition too,
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Hopefully the upcoming life simulation games will seriously inspire EA/Maxis to make bigger worlds closer to the size of Windenburg and San Myshuno and the base game worlds. This is very disappointing. I understand they put most of the resources into the apartments/residential rental lot system and landlord aspects but this feels like we are going backwards just when we got Chestnut Ridge with 13 lots with Horse Ranch and now this is one of the least amount of lots we have received in an expansion pack, just above Get To Work EP's Magnolia Promenade that had 4 lots. Ridiculously small. World looks beautiful but there is a lot of decor and background filler scenery we seriously need a Create a World tool or another Newcrest with 15 lots or more for a base game update. It would benefit everyone who needs more space for their Sims families. And I am hoping for multipurpose community lots in the future or even a combination of community/residential lot. Please oh please. Tomarang is beautiful, but beautiful does not equal huge world with 21 lots for example, it is aesthetics mostly. If they decide to make an EP with a Korean-inspired city world, they better make it actually huge with 20+ lots to begin with, or it may offend Korean Simmers no doubt.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,443 Member
    I just had a look at the leak. Thanks for everyone to mention it here. If this leak turns out to be true and we really only get 9 lots across 2 neighbourhood, then I can totally see why people call it a game pack at this point. I have gotten used to EP only having small worlds with 12 lots but now we are even going smaller? This is the size of tartosa and smaller than strangerville. The gameplay better be really great to make up for it. If the animal shelter and botanical turn out to be a rabbit holes on top of this tiny world, I might have to reconsider buying this pack at full price.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    edited November 2023
    I don’t like that there might be only 9 lots, and some look a strange size….. long and thin….. if those are lots. But something else I noticed are that there looks like an awful lot of roads…… could that be hinting to cars?

I also wonder how many lots we will have out over the water. They did mention houses on stilts.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 727 Member
    I am playing on Playstation 5 and even without all the packs added, I am suffering lag. With each pack added, more and more machines will not be able to handle all the packs at once. And for a pack that will include large lots, the fewer the number of lots, the smoother the large lots will run.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,725 Member
    Hm… the size of that world map leaves a bit to be desired. That’s a pity because the world looked pretty nice in the trailer and if there will only be two neighborhoods then that sounds like they could be pretty large and will feel like ghost towns, especially if you are already on a lot like a large apartment house with a lot of sims there already.

Doesn’t really feel like the world they tried to showcase in the trailer.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 516 Member
    I think I’d like to see more of this pack before making any kind of judgement based on the map. There’s more to a pack than just the number of lots, so I want to wait and see. Maybe it will be disappointing, but maybe the gameplay and/or other features will make it feel like a solid pack.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I am fine with the world size if I'm honest, because I feel like we have so many worlds in The Sims 4 already and I would really like a future Expansion Pack to not actually come with one. I also feel that they've maybe made this Expansion Pack now so that future worlds can become smaller with the justification that apartments can be placed down which allows multiple units on one lot. I would not be surprised either if this was the case as the game has 70+ DLC now.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I can accept/not be mad at only having 9 lots between 2 neighborhoods, but I won't pretend I'm happy about it either.

I do want to see what the distribution is on lot types. I'm figuring 2 empty, 1or 2 normal residential, three (or if there's only one normal residential, four) residential rental, and 2 community lots

if this map holds true, one of the community lots is definitely that side beach where sims swam in the trailer!