Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is it real or ai? Sims New expansion leak

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited October 2023
    Leaning on the side that it's fake. Scooters are easily doable, they could just reuse bicycles, change the model, add a sound for it, adjust the animations, voila. Scooters. But I've never seen a Sim in any promotional material across any of the games that wore something as unimpressive as seen here.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    To me the img feels like a capture from some animated movie. The sim as well as the general feel is more Pixar (?) than The Sims 4.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ShannonMarie_76ShannonMarie_76 Posts: 46 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/1d2A2mMbyLQ?si=beC-ax5V-yrM-lZq

I think it would be perfect if the new expansion comes with motorcycles and we get cars with an update or game pack after!

Why? We don't have an open world and we do not get to see our sims travel other than a jog or dog walk around the neighborhood. I think it would be such a waste, I would much rather something that will improve more game play.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member

I think it would be perfect if the new expansion comes with motorcycles and we get cars with an update or game pack after!

Why? We don't have an open world and we do not get to see our sims travel other than a jog or dog walk around the neighborhood. I think it would be such a waste, I would much rather something that will improve more game play.
    @ShannonMarie_76 it would be like riding a horse, walking your dog or taking a walk or skiing. Honestly I really enjoy doing these things in first person. It started to feel like a video game and the worlds are so beautiful. you can travel far, it's just to enter lots a loading screen, but I like too.
  • Options
    fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    So it's more than likely fake but it's also kinda a possibility for scooters to be a thing. Hear me out......Lambrettas are a BIG thing in Thailand and lots of people use motorbikes and scooters. It's possible for them to be just like bikes as transport . Really they'd just be a reskin and some new animation for starting the scooter.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited November 2023

This has been addressed many times on the forums over the years, but the short answer is that many of us have fond memories of cars in TS2, which was also not open world (and had even less open space than TS4 does in the neighborhoods). There were plenty of things you could do with the cars that did not require an open world. Restoring/rebuilding the cars was a wonderful group activity for friends or family members. You could sit in the car and listen to music, or make out/woohoo. Teens could sneak out in the car. You could use the car to get to work or school if you missed the car pool or school bus.

With TS4's neighborhoods, we could probably also leave the lots with the cars to drive to other lots in the same neighborhood. Or just "take a drive around the neighborhood." If we had motorbikes/scooters that came with the pack, we could probably also put them in our inventories like we would a bike or a boat, and take them to ride around other neighborhoods.

Mind you, in TS3, whole cars could go in the inventory, too, but that was rather silly, so I could take it or leave it. Although, let's be honest, putting a whole bicycle in your backpack isn't super realistic, either.

Edited to add: I could be wrong, it's been a long time, but my memory is that you could also nap in the cars in TS2. It would be funny for your sims to come home from work so exhausted that they fall asleep in the car in the driveway. (Not that, ummm, I know anyone who's ever done that in real life.) It would also make an interesting twist for rags to riches. Instead of living out of a tent, you could have a sim basically living out of their car if they could nap/sleep in it, or sit in it to get protection from rain/snow.

And of course, you could have a mechanic or car salesman sim using the retail lots from Get to Work, even if a new career wasn't added.
    Post edited by Amapola76 on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

We don't need an open world for cars. Sims 2 had a closed world.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

But the purpose was for cars.That sims could just leave without calling a taxi.In four you just need a phone.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

But the purpose was for cars.That sims could just leave without calling a taxi.In four you just need a phone.

You make a phone call when you call a taxi or a friend to pick you up, otherwise you get into your car and drive or just walk wherever you need to be. So, the cars are missing.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    edited November 2023
    Cars definitely feel missing. I was updating worlds last night and when I see houses without drive ways, it just feels dated. We don't even need open worlds, I mean we can used them like horses and bikes but also have other interactions with it. Also gives the freedom from needing to call a car. It would be nice to see them travel in it. Motorcycles and scooters can totally already be in the game, like bikes and horses.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Cars definitely feel missing. I was updating worlds last night and when I see houses without drive ways, it just feels dated. We don't even need open worlds, I mean we can used them like horses and bikes but also have other interactions with it. Also gives the freedom from needing to call a car. It would be nice to see them travel in it. Motorcycles and scooters can totally already be in the game, like bikes and horses.

Motorcycles are one of the things high on my wishlist.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 633 Member
    Motorcycles are one of the things high on my wishlist.

Mine too! With sidecars that pets (or other sims) can ride in.

Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    The Twitter leak referred to has been deleted so it was probably a fake.