Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Packs you do NOT want in your game

Comments

• Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 443 Member
    I could live without Discover University. Frustrating gameplay, useless world (living on campus is awkward if you have a family to maintain), too many rabbit holes, boring events, ugly bb, only a handful of nice cas, super niche skills, little cross-pack play... and sims are obsessed with (and steal) the darn soccer balls! I should have bought something else instead.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited November 2023
    Journey to Batuu if I had to choose. I bought it for my nerdy sims... and I still haven't played any of the story. I'll eventually get around to it. :sweat_smile:

As someone else said, every pack has something I like. I avoid using a lot of CC because I'd rather use packs instead.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    I refuse to install Seasons. It's a favourite with most people but I just don't want endless days of rain or snow for that matter. It wasn't well done in previous games and didn't want to repeat that.
    My Wedding Stories. Still broken from what I can see, though Tartosa looks nice.
    Discover University, don't have that and no real desire to have it.
    Eco Living. Seemed frustrating gameplay to me.
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 179 Member
    I don't own every pack, especially of those kits I am only having a few, because I usually am a bit hesitantly when buying. I do own every expansion pack though (except for horses, I might wait for a sale) and I am a little bit annoyed by Eco Living's NAPs.
    I remember having created a shop in a region where no Sims are living, but there's a bar and a museum or whatever and when playing the shop what happened? Everyone was wearing those silly bags on their head, everyone! That kind of ruined it for me. So what did I do? Built a house in that region, installed a Sim living there and turning those NAPs off by a cheat... I have later found a toggle to turn off NAPs installed by random NPCs, but i did not find a cheat to turn it off without having Sims living there. I like the world that came with that pack and also the CAS / buy and build, but those NAPs, nah... don't really need them.

@Katofhyrule12 you were asking in which packs the wall cracks came? There are some in Vampires as well as in Werewolves. I am not sure if there are more in other packs as well, but those two featured cracks and holes in walls.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,964 Member

I have only 4 packs (gp and kits) I don't "WANT", and those I don't have. Others, I do use something from all I do have.

It is awesome how differently we all play and think about packs B)

Like myself, I totally need the Discover University and Eco Lifestyle ,I play both all the time (not fan of NAPs , but I either have mod or those disabled, gotta love those toggles <3 ) I love both worlds and Eco communitylot is far fav lot type of mine.

What I could easily live without is HSY and Growing Together. School stuff is okay with custom school, but not a must. I could live with just basegame infants. Worlds I dislike 100% the most.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    edited November 2023
    Thank you again everyone! You all have such interesting tips and opinions!
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    I would have said skip My Wedding Stories, but now that we're getting multi-unit lots, it might pick up a lot more value as a fun world to crowd up.

What an interesting idea! I cannot wait to see the first beachfront building.
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I do not want high school years in my game for the following reasons

Honorable mentions : I won't disable these packs, but wouldn't buy them again if I had to start over.

Your list of features and items in the individual packs is so helpful!

More reasons NOT to own HSY. Thanks for reminding me! There are parts of HSY that I was missing last night, but there are too many things in it that I do not want.

Does Wedding Stories give us a hottub as well as a buffet table, or is the hottub in Wedding Stories the basegame hottub?

SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I have all the packs, and I find something I like in all of them, It could be some of my favorite hairs furniture, walls, build items, clothes, or storage box. it could be holes and cracks in the walk, it could be the world, or the swimming areas, the extra plants or animals, it could be things like, likes, and dislikes. I have some favorite packs, but all contribute to my play in someway.

Does anyone know which pack includes the cracks in the walls? Is that Vampires?
    I will never own Vampires. I don't care much for occult packs, but I feel I would absolutely despise vampires the most. I don't have much interest for the world nor do I care about the BB.

Vampires came bundled in the Halloween Sale Bundle that I bought the last day of that sale, but I did not install it. I don't want it right now, but ... maybe next Halloween, if I am bored, I might want it for a month or so. I do miss the garlic plant though! The plants are one of the favorite parts of my game.
    Jess_Kimba wrote: »
    Eco Lifestyle. Ugly CAS, ugly world, annoying gameplay. Just going to clutter up my game. I won’t bundle it, I won’t buy it on sale. It’s a big no from me.

All of the kit packs. Bust the Dust would be good if it wasn’t buggy.

Moschino Stuff. Again, ugly clutter.

I am not planning on adding any of these packs either.

Yes, the vampire pack has some cracks in the wall, weeds that go up the walls and things like that, city living has some dirty walls, and dirty carpet, among other stuff and werewolves has some torn furniture and scratches for floors and walls, basement treasures has some old broken things, werewolves has torn clothing. And, I’m sure there are other packs that have similar stuff that I can’t think of off hand.

I don’t believe wedding stories has a hot tub, but it has champagne, and some lovely dresses, not to mention a beautiful world. And one of the buffet tables from luxury party stuff is still my favorite buffet table.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Eco Living is the only EP that I have no interest in ever buying. I also don't want or have the Star Wars or Strangerville GP's. I also don't have the Vintage Glamour, Perfect Patio, Tiny Living or Nifty Knitting SP's, and the only kit I own is Desert Luxe because it was free.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,623 Member
    There are a handful of packs that didn't appeal to me. I don't miss what I never had. Also, I am not even interested in EcoLiving and with all that I'm hearing (reading) about on these forums about it, I made the correct decision for myself. I like to find my own Sims' story, rather than have the game drive the story, if you will.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EneroDesyembreEneroDesyembre Posts: 64 Member
    I would get really REALLY upset if somehow I somehow got island living and my wedding stories. I definitely don't want to see my sims enjoying nice sandy beaches and I totally don't have a desire to make cozy nipa huts by the sea at all. Nope
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited November 2023
    Journey to Batuu. Do not care for any of it and from what I've seen of its gameplay it looks like a complete bore. If this pack was available for free, even then I would not get it.

My Wedding Stories. Almost legendary because of its bugginess and it frightens me to be honest. The world looks good, but otherwise, meh. Don't see myself buying it, ever.

Most stuff packs and kits I do not have any interest in, mainly for being either unappealing or unnecessary.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Honestly, there isn't a pack that I bought that I've disabled. DHD is probably the closest in that I never touch the home decorator career at all but it's not disabled. I keep it and bought it for the BB & CAS.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited November 2023
    I'd say MWS too, mostly because the wedding events are so buggy and the world utterly boring. Even with rental units, there is literary nothing to do there but walk around, alone, since you cannot make two sims walk together even if you try. I feel half the places are planned for us as players to go "wow that's so pretty", but as sims do not enjoy views there is nothing for them. I also get annoyed at the many missed opportunities:
    • Waterfall: in Island living it's a woohoo and bathing spot, here it is a view.
    • Lighthouse: In Brindleton you can walk up in it, and the sims will actually enjoy the view, and you can woohoo in it.
    • Labyrinth: Far too small and your sims get nothing from walking it and they can't wander in it like in Windenburg.
    • Beaches: You can swim, but not dive or snorkel or go sailing.
    • Walkway: No hiking together option making the trails useless.

And I also hate that all the food places are Asian food with nothing that would be typical for Tartosa. I mean fine with variation, but they couldn't make a single Mediterranean stall? Also no nectar making? How is that an American wild west thing rather than a Mediterranean thing?

I do love the CAS however, and do use it all the time.

As for the kit I will never by, I second the menswear kit. It's horrid.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,468 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I have all the packs, and I find something I like in all of them, It could be some of my favorite hairs furniture, walls, build items, clothes, or storage box. it could be holes and cracks in the walk, it could be the world, or the swimming areas, the extra plants or animals, it could be things like, likes, and dislikes. I have some favorite packs, but all contribute to my play in someway.

Same here. Of all the packs that I already own I would uninstall NONE. Nada. They’re all perfect for my gameplay style, even the “ugly” worlds such as Eco Green World. That one is great for my sort of post apocalyptic saves. I’m currently building miserable looking auld flats in there for all my dodgy criminals. Love it. Who wants to live there? That’s right, no one, except for me dodgy crowd.

I own all EPs, GPS and SPs. Not all kits.

Speaking of kits…
    I agree with others on here: The Modern Man thingie- not going to be in my game. Possibly ever. It’s not the content per-say, it’s the title. Rubbed this modern caveman up the wrong way. Ug Ug.

Ah, I’d be so happy with a caveman kit. 🥰
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    I don't have any packs in my game that I wish I didn't because I am VERY choosy when it comes to what I buy. I have only bought 2 packs so far at full price, Growing Together and the Chef Hustle pack because I was SO excited for what they offered that I couldn't wait. For Rent will probably be the third.

There are however some I probably will never buy, and that includes anything with occults. I just don't like them and never play with them. Don't hate me, I'm always happy when the occult players (too rarely) get a pack for them, but I'm just not interested.

Otherwise I'll probably never get Journey to Battau or whatever it's called because I have zero interest in Star Wars. Look at my username, I'm a Trekker haha. Not that you can't be both, I'm just not.

I have zero interest in HSY. From what I've read it appears to be so very buggy and even if it wasn't the gameplay doesn't appeal to me. I could care less about following my teens to school. I have 2 teen based mods from adeepindigo which are a lot more fun than this pack looks.

Most of the rest of the packs I don't have I'm just waiting until I can afford them. Despite the hate, I hope to get My First Pet stuff one day because I want those small pets for my sim kids. I also want Horse Ranch but I'm going to have to wait for a sale.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,205 Member
    Well Eco living,keep it for crafting and clothes.The naps are more annoying.

Discover university,kept because clothes eobots,I never used university in my game.

Wedding storise Harfly use weddings pack is struggeling.
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    edited November 2023
    Another pack I would hypothetically remove from my game is High School Years because of how shallow and buggy the gameplay is, but at the same time, I don't want to because of how much I love the CAS and build mode items. 😅

The Fashion Street kit is also another DLC I would hypothetically remove from my game. The reason why I even got it in first place was because it was included in that free Epic Games store bundle earlier this year. I only bought the bundle just to get Jungle Adventure for free. I already had Luxury Party, which was also included in said bundle, before I even bought it. 🙃
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited November 2023
    I was iffy about Strangerville and Get Famous but I love the military career in Strangerville and a lot of the CAS stuff, and there's a lot of CAS and build-buy stuff I like in Get Famous, and it occasionally amuses me to make famous sims. The only thing is that I almost always miss the awards ceremonies because Sunday is rotation day, and I almost always play with multiple households.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 443 Member
    Discover University could disappear from my game, and I wouldn’t bat an eye. It has a plant that I like. And a sweater. That’s basically it.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited November 2023
    Of the packs I own, Kids Room Stuff and the Toddler Stuff could disappear and I would never know. I could get rid of those easily. I've tried to play families with kids and I just get annoyed. There's one Stuff pack I don't own and see no reason to buy. There are 6 kits that I don't own, most of which are nothing but clutter. As someone who hates clutter in the game, I don't have any reason to buy the kits even though there are usually one or two things that I like in each kit. If the kits went on sale, the completion freak in me would buy them even though I would hardly ever or never use them.

• Options
    lucombrelucombre Posts: 45 Member
    I actively don’t want Seasons, HSY, MWS, or Batuu. I also don’t play with occults so I don’t want vampires or werewolves. I don’t feel like Seasons would bring anything to my gameplay (rotational, where I often switch households every few days) and I’d be annoyed by the holidays and having to switch outfits all the time. I would want HSY if it was well done, but that doesn’t seem to be the case and I hate aspects of the game that are extremely shallow and intrusive. Same for MWS but I actually like the base game weddings!
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,030 Member
    I own all the packs and kits and play with everything even though some content I don't use as often as others. Most of the time, I can live with a few bugs or find ways to limit gameplay I don't like.

As others have said, I also had reservations about Eco Living. I find some of the NAPs not only ridiculous but disrupting. But I installed a mod that changes them. (NAPs Overhaul) For example, the default Sharing is Caring is beyond annoying, especially when things are constantly being taken off of community lots. But the mod I use replaces that NAP with options for donating funds or objects to others, which to me makes more sense. I also turn off NPC voting in Options, so my sims control what NAPs get used in my different worlds. I do enjoy the rest of Eco Living gameplay--trying to clean up the environment, etc.

The other expansion I struggle with is Seasons. I get tired of making sure my plants and animals are sheltered from the weather, putting roofs over everything. I've turned off storms, but still allow rain and snow, but I wish there was a way to shorten winter and lengthen summer. I like the weather changes, but I'd prefer more sunny weather.

I've also had to mod the glitched gameplay in My Wedding Stories. I love the world, but the wedding aspects themselves are a mess.
  • Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    The only pack that I don't want in my game that I have, is Eco Living. I hemmed and hawed about getting it in the first place, as I didn't think it was something I'd really want in my game. But some of the advertised play sounded like it would be neat to try out for something different. And same with some of the Build/Buy. BUT! I quickly found out that the NAPs were the bane of my simming existence! So yeah, I have the game set that it doesn't recognize that I own/have downloaded Eco Living, so I don't have to worry about THAT stuff any more. It was (to me here, not saying for others, your mileage may vary) totally NOT worth the buy.

And I think that's how I feel about the upcoming For Rent EP. Seriously. New B/B is always cool as well as new in game features that aren't totally hinged around the rental system and all. But the whole premise of For Rent isn't something that goes with my play style. So, MAYBE....Maybe SOMEDAY...I might get For Rent, on a sale if it goes half off say. But I would think long and hard before buying it. I learned my lesson from Eco Living.

You have the exact same mindset as me lol. Those are the two exact packs that I never plan on getting, Eco Lifestyle for being actively disruptive to my gameplay, and For Rent because of a lack of interest on my part.

It sucks because the build/buy in Eco Lifestyle is amazing, and the CAS assets in For Rent look so beautiful. If only I could buy the packs on sale and turn off all their features just for the build/buy and CAS.
  • Options
    AepryllAepryll Posts: 4 New Member
    I regret getting the luxury party stuff pack as I never use it. Also, bust the dust and it does not work very well. I am curious to see if they will release another gameplay kit again since its the only one.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,442 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I do not want high school years in my game for the following reasons

Honorable mentions : I won't disable these packs, but wouldn't buy them again if I had to start over.

Your list of features and items in the individual packs is so helpful!

More reasons NOT to own HSY. Thanks for reminding me! There are parts of HSY that I was missing last night, but there are too many things in it that I do not want.

Does Wedding Stories give us a hottub as well as a buffet table, or is the hottub in Wedding Stories the basegame hottub?

Wedding stories has a buffet table like luxury party stuff did but it does not come with a hot tub. Hot tub is available in base game with two more designs in perfect patio. Buffet table is available in luxury party, wedding stories and high school years.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    Super interesting thread! :) I am on the fence about HSY, want it for the world but am not interested in the teenage stuff including the school. So, it's the only EP I did not yet get, and I sopped by to see how many would vote it as the worst pack ever. Not many! Instead you guys dislike packs that I could not play without! Which might mean that I won't necessarily dislike HSY content as much as I fear, either. Hm, how cool that we all play this differently!

Because I don't own HSY (yet) my vote should go to a pack that I actually have installed, that's the only way to actually have a valid vote based n own experience. So, the pack I am the least happy about, or could survive without, is ECO lifestyle. Not because it is a bad pack, but I guess I'm just not enough into the eco focus, and it doesn't really fit that well with my playing (except me having a political party based in Eveergreen Harbor, so I guess the pack did bring some fun after all). I just don't use its main features a lot, I decided to keep it only for a few extra work from home options like candle making. I also found a way to use the NAP hysteria in a giving way, but I wish he system was way more customizable - like defining our own NAPs would have changed the gameplay from boring to amazing. Putting together 2-3 predefined pro/con per NAP (like we already do in so many other game aspects like lot traits, calendar events etc) should be so easy for them to implement. I hardly use the voting system, but I wish we could transfer those influence points to simoleons.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg