Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Gameplay Trailer

Comments

• Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I appreciated seeing more details about unit configuration and setting rent, but - without meaning to sound too harsh - I found numerous parts of the the dialogue difficult to understand due to the voice actor's accent.

Same, I did not understand many parts of the dialogue either :( I liked their voice though…
  • Options
    BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    I appreciated seeing more details about unit configuration and setting rent, but - without meaning to sound too harsh - I found numerous parts of the the dialogue difficult to understand due to the voice actor's accent.

Same here. I liked his accent but couldn't understand half of what he was saying. 😅
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    The narrators voice sounded familiar. I can't think of his Youtube name but he usually provides facts about the game.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

English is not my first language but I'm able to understand movies and series without subtitles.
    But this? No way! An accent or dialekt is ok, but this was totally gibberish -.-
    They should have let him go on talking in simlish and add captions in english. Since this is prerecorded the could have easily done this in advance. For the time being I only have cc in Czech.
    Is no one else in the team ever questioning anything someone decides or do they have no voice?
    17f1227b5c271fe425ae1169026ac6fa6de58f4a.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I had a hard time understanding him as well, but putting on captions worked wonderfully.

I'm a bit disappointed, honestly. What they showed was great, but I'm concerned. I'm questioning now if I'll be able to have specific sims move into specific units, as if moving them into an apartment in city living, or if it'll be like hiring sims for restaurants- you get to pick from a couple sims, and that's it. And I was hoping we'd see non-rental unit gameplay. We haven't seen anything for the night market, botanical garden, or the animal sanctuary. :(
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    People are always complaining about the disney girl voices in trailers so they tried to give it an authentic cultural feel this time! I don't see anything wrong with that, but I didn't see anything about the night market or animal sanctuary or really any shots of the world!
    However, the rental features look really in depth. 😳
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    Honestly, I'm quite excited about how the residential rental lots work, since they're like a combination of both regular residential and community lots in a way. The amount of freedom we have when creating them is pretty cool too. The fact that we can place rules for the residential rental lot if you're the landlord is dope as well. Basically City Living, but we have more control over apartments. 💖
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    The narrators voice sounded familiar. I can't think of his Youtube name but he usually provides facts about the game.

He is most likely not onlyabidoang if he's the person you may mean, onlyabidoang is Indonesian, I think this narrator is from Thailand? :open_mouth:

Wait some people are now claiming they might have used AI voice for the narrator, not sure if that is true or not. But I enjoyed the trailer regardless, and I cannot wait to play it as I have preordered the EP already <3
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    People are always complaining about the disney girl voices in trailers so they tried to give it an authentic cultural feel this time! I don't see anything wrong with that, but I didn't see anything about the night market or animal sanctuary or really any shots of the world!
    However, the rental features look really in depth. 😳

Yess this was way more interesting and energetic, I mean this trailer's narrator voice. Wait I also did not see anything about the night market, I wonder if that was a pre-teaser for the actual livestream itself and not the gameplay trailer? :lol:
  • Options
    greydonn wrote: »
    I had a hard time understanding him as well, but putting on captions worked wonderfully.

I'm a bit disappointed, honestly. What they showed was great, but I'm concerned. I'm questioning now if I'll be able to have specific sims move into specific units, as if moving them into an apartment in city living, or if it'll be like hiring sims for restaurants- you get to pick from a couple sims, and that's it. And I was hoping we'd see non-rental unit gameplay. We haven't seen anything for the night market, botanical garden, or the animal sanctuary. :(

I have a feeling that the animal sanctuary is definitely a rabbit hole and the night market might be similar to the Flea Market festival from City Living. As for the botanical garden, I'm not sure, but hopefully we'll learn more about it in the SimGuru livestream in a few weeks. 🤞
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options

Yes this trailer did leave me confused about the way the Residential rental lot type works in the Manage Worlds mode, for example.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    That was... a lot. I need to re watch it 3-4 times more and then wait for the flood of breakdown videos on Youtube. But everything looked gorgeous, and it certainly seemed simple to adjust the housing. And individual rents, so you don't have to charge for the rest of the family if you don't want to.

Gah, I'm really going to have to consult my budgeting for all this. I've got three games/expansions to pick up in the next month at this point (This, the DDV expansion, and Candela Obscura)
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited November 2023
    Yeah, I couldn’t understand what the speaker was saying, lol. I thought it looked good, though! The only thing that concerns me is the lease. I don’t want to have to keep moving my sims back in or remembering to change the number of days they can live there.

ETA: simgurunova confirmed on Twitter/X that tenants rent indefinitely, but the number of days refers to a time period where leases can be broken without additional fees or changed!

Oh, man. If we can’t move specific sims into specific units, I’m going to be extremely upset. I’ve worked hard preparing for this pack between making my duplex & the sims that I want to live in it.

Hopefully, there’ll be a livestream that will clear up a lot of the confusion. I’m also wondering if we can set fenced in backyards to specific units.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member

Oh good Im not alone in this. Im going to watch again but with the closed captioning on this time since I did have a little trouble understanding the VA and felt like he was talking a little too fast at some parts.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,932 Member
    For anyone having issues understanding the dialogue, they provided captions, just tick the "closed captions" (CC) box in the youtube window :)
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »

He is most likely not onlyabidoang if he's the person you may mean, onlyabidoang is Indonesian, I think this narrator is from Thailand? :open_mouth:

Wait some people are now claiming they might have used AI voice for the narrator, not sure if that is true or not. But I enjoyed the trailer regardless, and I cannot wait to play it as I have preordered the EP already <3

Yeah, That's who I thought of.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »

Yeah, That's who I thought of.

onlyabidoang is amazing! I am just not sure if this is his voice though.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,660 Member
    That was very interesting, but I have a lot of questions - the biggest being the one I'm seeing already here - how do tenants work exactly? Is it like assigning an NPC household to a lot (only assigning them to a unit)? Are they even actually NPC households (or are they somehow part of the played household)?

Other questions I'm left with (mostly because I don't new "obvious") ...

Can you have NPC landlords?
    Can you have a multi-unit lot populated entirely by NPCs?
    Can you have "absentee" landlords (which is to say a landlord who lives on another lot entirely)?

This expansion has a lot of potential and I'm excited to learn more.

Oh and I didn't have any problem with the audio track.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,467 Member

I hear you. I'm hoping we still have the ability to just evict townies and plop in whoever we want into the units, the way we can in the single family homes and San Myshuno apartments. I'm thinking maybe this feature is just for if you only want to play the landlord and not the tenants and want to play through the process of "finding" tenants. They did say that we can turn existing lots into apartments, so I would imagine that's not an issue with existing households.

I guess now we just have to wait for the livestream to learn more about how it works.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    edited November 2023
    I understood the narrator just fine. I am happy that they used the voice of someone that may be from Thailand instead of another perky American voice to please the masses. Anytime you have to say not to be rude/harsh/offensive, you’re being just that. 🙄
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    Also this trailer was great! I’m so excited!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I love all the new grime in the trailer. I need that for my builds 🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I understood the narrator just fine. I am happy that the voice of someone that may be from Thailand instead of another perky American voice to please the masses. Anytime you have to say not to be rude/harsh/offensive, you’re being just that. 🙄

I understand the narrator while he was explaining everything and I think he did a good job with it too. We shouldn't judge someone because of their accent. I see why the team wanted this specific narrator considering that Tomarag (the new world) is a mixture of various Southeast Asian countries, so why not have a narrator whose from one of those countries? It makes the trailer feel more genuine. 🥰
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,932 Member
    edited November 2023
    OH WAIT

The simlish at the beginning also had a different accent from usual simlish

Does this mean we are getting different accents of simlish now????? that would be incredible

or was it just part of the voice acting for the trailer?

• Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

I hear you. I'm hoping we still have the ability to just evict townies and plop in whoever we want into the units, the way we can in the single family homes and San Myshuno apartments. I'm thinking maybe this feature is just for if you only want to play the landlord and not the tenants and want to play through the process of "finding" tenants. They did say that we can turn existing lots into apartments, so I would imagine that's not an issue with existing households.

I guess now we just have to wait for the livestream to learn more about how it works.

I hope so too. Having the option to place whatever sims we want and/or "finding" tenants would be best, and it doesn't make much sense for them to be advertising the whole multi-generational aspect of we can't straight up move grandma in next door. But I'm still concerned :/
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.