Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Simguru/Maxis-Sourced info 12/4/23

LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
Missed @luthienrising organized info threads of these, so I decided to make one and try to keep up with the information that'll be coming out. Sourced info only (From gurus or information from trailers and live streams) and keep things on topic by only adding info pertaining to the pack (not speculation) so it can be added here. Thanks in advance.

Index (Can vary and change over time)
  • Blog Post, Trailers, & Livestreams (this post)
  • Upcoming Events (this post)
  • Apartments/Units, Property Owner/Tenant
  • World
  • Aspirations & Traits
  • CAS
  • Build/Buy

Blog Post, Trailers, & Livestreams
Preorder & Description (web page) THE SIMS™ 4 FOR RENT

Announcement Blog: Become a property owner!
Announcement Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSPZtVbVIT8

Music Featured 🎵 BONG by OG-BOBBY

Experience the tight-knit harmony – or daily drama – of multi-family lots and try your hand at being a property owner in The Sims™ 4 For Rent Expansion Pack*, launching Dec 7 at 10 a.m. PT. Pre-order or buy through January 18 and get the Street Eats Digital Content**! (This content will become available when the pack launches.)

TheSims on twitter

Feature Overview Trailer

https://youtu.be/sdhU5tRCqYc?si=-HduLTlcwuSa35Oj

Gameplay Walkthrough Livestream
Dec. 1st, This Friday, 11am Pacific time, 2pm EST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vln3_Q2pLgU
5vJrxmT.png
Post edited by LadyKyn on

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Apartment/Units, Property Owner/Tenant

New Lot Type
    • Residential Rentals/Multi-Family Dwelling

*Note: A new feature in clicking on unit doors to 'switch households' will make it easier to switch to other residents on the lot rather than going through manage worlds.

Lot Challenges
    • Mold
    • Maintenance Trouble (Residential Only)

New Events
    • Potluck -Sims bring food to share with others.
    • Pool Parties

Apartment Events
    • Tenant Revolt
    -Usually happens when a unjust eviction happens or Landlord is failing in their duties for tenants to picket outside the apartments/units. It takes a hit to your unit rating. *Note* Property Owners can be sued a fine for unjust evictions..
    • Charity Gift Drive
    -Tenants will give you items to donate to charity
    • Haunting
    -G-g-ghost! There's a ghost here and you need to get rid of it. Either confront the ghost or exorcise the ghost ($400).
    • Electrical Failure
    Power outage. If you're a tenant call the property owner to get it fixed or if you're the Property owner you'll need to fix it yourself or hire a service to do so. (There's a chance fixing the electric box can cause a fire)

Unit rules:
    No Social Events
    Hosting any type of Social Event will be strictly off-limits at this Residential Rental unit!
    No Loud Noises
    Tenants will be prohibited from having TVs or stereos on between 10pm and 6am. Beware: Sims love to enjoy loud music or television, so this might make for an unpopular Property Owner.
    Maximum Occupancy
    Two's a crowd, three's a party, and four Sims in one household violates the Maximum Occupancy rule.
    No Trash Overload
    Tenants must maintain a tidy living space; clean appliances are a must, and accumulating trash or trash piles will not be tolerated.
    No Ghosts
    The afterlife is an afterthought here; no ghosts will be allowed to live in this Residential Rental unit.

Apartments & Units
    SimguruNova
    A residential rental can be in basically any form you'd like it to be - apartments, townhomes, duplex, in-law cottage, rented out basement, etc. like they mentioned in the tweet. You could rent out multiple rooms in your house, designate which parts of your house are shared, etc.
    ok, last thing. and this, I think, is an important thing to share asap:

feel free to start pre-building 💕 converting to a Residential Rental is easy peasy
    up to 8 household members (sims, cats, horses, etc.) per unit, like any other household
    Not quite - Lease Length indicates how often the tenants pay rent! Tenants who live there might leave on their own but they rent indefinitely

Jordie: Nova, this may be an annoying question but will we get to play as a tenant instead of just purely the landlord? I am so scared this will make tenants unplayable because of City Living existing 🥹
    Yeah you'll never HAVE to play as property owner, don't worry!
    There are no required objects for residential rentals, really anything goes. Existing residential lots can be converted into Residential Rentals very easily, by selecting each room and assigning the unit (shown in the trailer today) I wasn’t giving permission, just reassurance 😁
    Oops wait - slight correction - lease length doesn't indicate how often rent is paid, but it relates to time periods where tenants can break their lease without paying additional fees/property owners can make certain changes to the lease!
    SimGuruNinja
    In Residential Rentals you'll see 1 active unit at a time along with all shared spaces. If you click on a neighbor's door that unit will become the active one. Very much like City Living.
    TheHenfordHen
    🚨It has also been confirmed that you won't need a specific door for the Units! All doors will be welcome!🚨
    🚨SimGuruNinja has teased that you will be able to have more than a maximum of 6 Units in a Residential Rental Lot in @TheSims 4 For Rent Expansion Pack through the use of a cheat!🚨

Multi-units galore! 🤩 With the new tool, you can build your next property in any livable world 🏠 We're talking townhomes, duplexes, in-law suites, condos, dormitories & more with #TheSimsForRent ✨

To optimize this pack's performance for all our players & in line with the current technology seen in The Sims 4 City Living, you'll be able to see shared spaces & your own unit, however there is a small load time as you travel to enter the homes of other units

Property Owner
    • Able to own multiple properties & collect income
    • Live on the same lot with tenants or maintain separate residences
    • Collect Rent and evict tenants :naughty:
      Eviction tooltip:
      The distinction between a Just and Unjust Eviction is important. Just Evictions carry no repercussions, while Unjust ones will harm the Property Owner's relationship with the Tenant, lower the Unit Rating, and potentially lead to an Eviction settlement, costing additional Simoleons for the Property Owner.
    • Fix utilities including the new water heater and electrical fuse box.
    • Inspections (The NPC property owner can come by and do random inspections without warning)

Tenant
    • Able to call property owner from phone to visit
    • Look at Tenant agreement in phone
    • Use any amenity in shared spaces
      *Note* Sims will use a variety of items in shared spaces. (Pool, hot tub, BBQ, stove, tv)
    • Complain/Compliment about rental conditions
    • Give Notice- A lease breaking fee will be applied for moving outside of the grace period. ($500)
    • Discuss Rule change for (Whatever rule is set in place for the unit)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    World

Features
    • Relax in the green haven of the botanical garden
    • Visit the animal sanctuary
    • Leave Incense or Fruit offerings at the Spirit House
    • Hopscotch & Marbles in the park for children sims
    • New Collectibles
      -Tassles
    • Vendors & Food stalls (Includes a crafts and Vegan stalls)
    • New Greeting/Introduction
    • New Death (Mold)
      -There are two type of mold: toxic (which can have many serveries) and allergenic. These come when there's mold lot challenge and dirty plumbing. These can be cleaned, bombed away, or destroyed with fire. (The latter could have consequences) If not taken care of a sim could spread it if they have contracted sporeosis.
    • Secret System- Sims can find out other sims secrets. Be it by asking them or by snooping in their unit/home. You can either keep their secret or blackmail them for some simoleons. You can find the secret in the sims profile in the relationship panel.
    • Tomarang Truth (Much like in Growing Together finding out lore with the locals)

New Career
    • Handy Person- Part Time $22 hour starting
      -If you know which end of a wrench is which, this is the career for you! Under the watchful gaze of the Property Owner, bodge and fix up things to your heart's (and cash flow's) delight!

New Food
    • Khao Niao Mamuang (Coconut sticky rice with mango)
    • Tofu Pad Thai (Stir-fry rice noodle dish with tofu)
    • Pancit Bihon
    • Burmese Samosa Soup (Popular street food of spicy lentil soup with various spices and vegetables)
    • Banh Cuon
    • Halo Halo (Popular cold dessert in the Philippines made up of crushed ice, evaporated milk or coconut milk, and various ingredients)
    • Thai Iced Milk Tea ( strongly-brewed black tea, often spiced with ingredients such as star anise, crushed tamarind & others. Sweetened with sugar and sweetened condensed milk, and served over ice.)

Welcome To Tomarang

Sul Sul, neighbor. Welcome to the bustling city of Tomarang, a scenic world nestled in a lush tropical landscape and vibrant city skyline. In a world alive with possibilities, Tomarang breathes new life into the many stories that can be told in multi-family dwellings.

Inspired by a unique blend of tradition and modernity, Sims can immerse themselves in this Southeast Asian-inspired world and discover various new exciting community activities. To reflect elements of Southeast Asian culture, The Sims team proudly collaborated with Jason Chu, an Asian-American rapper, social justice advocate and cultural expert with family roots in Southeast Asia, to consult on the For Rent Expansion Pack to deliver more choices with how players explore and express their individuality.

TS4_For-Rent_Media-Hero-Tile_16x9_04.jpg

The Sims
    beware The Mold in Room 4 ☠️ 😳 #TheSimsForRent

No worries! Mold is an optional Lot Challenge that can be attributed to ANY Residential Lot in any livable world.

SimGuruNinja
    Yes the new foods and drinks are on the Dine Out restaurant menus. I'll ask up about nectars and HCH foods.
    Have we always been able to make hot cocoa in sims 4??? I haven’t seen anyone mentioning this, but I don’t know if I just never noticed or this is the first time we’re getting it?

Can we buy it from hot drink stands?
    New recipe 🥰

Tiger Sanctuary
    Some gift from a tiger sanctuary if you donate! 🐯 #TheSims4ForRent #EAPartner #EACreatorNetwork

How to get a cute tiger plushie + poster 🐯in Tomarang 🤗
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Aspirations & Traits

Five new Traits
    Cringe, Generous, Nosy, Wise (Elder Specific), and Child of the Village
    Four new Aspirations
    Seeker of Secrets, Five-Star Property Owner, Fount of Tomarani Knowledge, Discerning Dweller
    New Fear
    • Fear of being evicted

*There are new/specific wants with the new traits.*

Cringe Trait
    Sims who are obnoxiously oblivious and oftentimes met with polarizing reactions. Cringe Sims can be socially unaware of their surroundings at times, but have an adorable enthusiasm for life.
    • Won't ever die from being hysterical

Generous
    Caring, empathetic, and patient. These Sims are happiest when offering their time and money to help others. Everyone loves Generous Sims, but they can be a little too brazen with their donations.

Nosy
    Sims who thrive on gossip, snooping, and spying. They have incredibly poor boundaries and don't quite understand what personal space is, but they will discover secrets by any means necessary.

Child of the Village
    These Sims love feeling anchored to their community and Tomorani culture. Keeping in touch with loved ones and engaging in activities that remind them of home is important for being Happy.

Wise (Elder exclusive)
    A Sim who's experienced enough life to know what really matters. These Sims enjoy reminiscing and sharing life's wisdom, making them excellent Mentors for those willing to listen. Their years of experience allow them to naturally learn new Skills with ease, and their emotional intelligence reduces their angry and uncomfortable thoughts.

SimguruConor
    Also Sims will have an opportunity to become Wise when aging into an Elder, depending on how smart I deem them and a bit of luck.
    Cringe Sims share a very special kinship with other Cringe Sims.
    In regards to sims breaking into units/doors
    It isn't tied to Nosy, should be available regardless of trait.
    The other traits can be earned through self-discovery, but Wise is special but acts somewhat similar.
    Do they do other cringy things than dabbing?
    Oh yes, there is something far worse they can do in public

5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    CAS
    Traditional + Updated traditional south-east Asian styles.
    A lot of tiger pictures on clothing is intentional.
    4 new aspirations: 1 Location, 1 Deviance, 1 Popularity, and 1 Fortune.
    5 new trait: 3 social, 1 Lifestyle, and 1 elder-exclusive Emotional.
    Elders may receive the Wise trait when aging up, with geniuses being more likely to get it.
    Work in Progress
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Build/Buy

Gameplay Objects
    • Slow Cooker
    • Kettle
    • Drink Tray
    • Marbles (Children only)
    • Hopscotch (Children and Adults can use)
    • Communal Mailbox
    • Tiger Stuffed Toy (Get from tiger sanctuary)
    • Squat Toilet
    • Air conditioner/Radiator (Functional)
    SimguruNova LuddySimmer
    Yes, both the aircon and radiator are functional! 👀 #TheSims4ForRent #EAPartner #EACreatorNetwork
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,229 Member
    edited November 2023
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Missed @luthienrising organized info threads of these, so I decided to make one and try to keep up with the information that'll be coming out. Sourced info only and keep things on topic by only adding info pertaining to the pack so it can be added here. Thanks in advance.

Index (Can vary and change over time)
    • Blog Post, Trailers, & Livestreams (this post)
    • Upcoming Events (this post)
    • Apartments/Units, Property Owner/Tenant
    • World
    • Aspirations & Traits
    • CAS
    • Build/Buy

Blog Post, Trailers, & Livestreams
    Preorder & Description (web page) THE SIMS™ 4 FOR RENT

Announcement Blog: Become a property owner!
    Announcement Trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSPZtVbVIT8

Music Featured 🎵 BONG by OG-BOBBY

Experience the tight-knit harmony – or daily drama – of multi-family lots and try your hand at being a property owner in The Sims™ 4 For Rent Expansion Pack*, launching Dec 7 at 10 a.m. PT. Pre-order or buy through January 18 and get the Street Eats Digital Content**! (This content will become available when the pack launches.)

Gameplay Trailer
    N/A

We already made a thread It's called For Rent info thread @LadyKyn
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    It's really great to have one organized like this.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Agreed, thanks for organizing this neatly @LadyKyn the other thread is all over
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    Marbles and Hopscotch may work for all ages granted the blog does say children but I can't see these 2 games being restricted to children.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    The trailer showed a new pool float.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,945 Member

While true, I think both of these threads can coexist. Your info thread can be more casual info sharing and discussion while this can be more organized. To be honest, I wanted to run a info thread myself, but lack of courage and fear that at some moments I don't have time to run it prevented me to, so I'm happy to see someone keeping this up.

@LadyKyn Shall I put the recaps I've made in the previous threads here too?
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,229 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

While true, I think both of these threads can coexist. Your info thread can be more casual info sharing and discussion while this can be more organized. To be honest, I wanted to run a info thread myself, but lack of courage and fear that at some moments I don't have time to run it prevented me to, so I'm happy to see someone keeping this up.

@LadyKyn Shall I put the recaps I've made in the previous threads here too?

That does sound good
    .Having Two can be winderful.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    This thread is meant for sourced information only and not really meant for nice, fun casual discussions. As there are other threads for that yours included. @Horrorgirl6 Since I'm sure yours will be very active. This thread is just more remanence of @luthienrising organized info thread so everyone can see info on the first page and not have to look for certain or various info through pages and pages. :smile:

@EgonVM You're free to add recaps. I welcome all information. :blush:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Very well.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    The Announcement Trailer:
    • New greeting/introduction.
    • The new world has a swimmable river.
    • Hopscotch (though with different layout than in The Sims 3)
    • New mailbox, this time one mailbox object for every tenant.
    • Water heaters, which can break.
    • Slow cookers
    • New teas
    • New smaller stuffed animal toddlers can interact with.
    • Noise problems
    • New fuse box object, which can break and cause a power outage.
    • Night market.
    • Floating lanterns.
    • Many new recipes, some of them are spicy.
    • Snooping, can include eavesdropping and using binoculars.
    • Sims can break into other sim's apartments.
    • Squat toilets.
    • Mold
    • One new cause of death (mold) and one new ghost type.
    • New dance.
    • Blackmailing to earn money.
    • Marbles
    • Early buyer bonus (buy by 18 January): a grill, a shade, and a fruit basket.

The 1st Blog:
    • New world: Tomarang:
      • Southeast Asian inspiration, made with the collaboration of Jason Chu.
      • Some new places include a botanical gardens, an animal sanctuary, and the Spirit House.
        • Sims can leave incense or fruit offerings at the Spirit House
      • Night Market, which has lanterns, vendors, new foods, and unique items.
      • Park includes Hopscotch and Marbles
      • Dwellings in there feature versatile wooden window shades, homes on stilts near scenic beaches as well as historic bridges. For interiors, there are traditional wood carvings and rattan furniture available alongside traditional Southeast Asian-inspired rugs, chairs, tiles, and lamps.
    • New Lot Type: Residential Rentals/Multi-Family Dwellings
      • A new fully customizable lot type, which allows multiple Sim families to live in.
      • Can be built in any livable world.
      • New community events, which include Potluck and Pool Parties.
    • Being a Property Owner:
      • Sims can own multiple Residential Rental lots.
      • Property Owners can live in the Residential Rental lots they own, but don't have to.
      • Unit Rating, which may result in tenant revolt if you let it slip too low.
      • Potential surprises and challenges, like insect infestations and mold.
      • Property owners can visit and do inspections and repair broken objects.
      • New Water Heater and Electrical Fuse Box, which has to be repaired in order to avoid cold water or flickering lights.
    • Being a Tenant:
      • Sims can snoop on each other and discover each other's secrets by eavesdropping, snooping, or breaking and entering.
      • Tenants can experience evictions, which can result in a fear.
    • Other:
      • 5 new traits:
        • Nosy
        • Generous
        • Cringe
        • Child of the Village
        • Wise (this one is Elder specific)
      • 4 new aspirations:
        • Seeker of Secrets
        • Five-Star Property Owner
        • Fount of Tomarani Knowledge
        • Discerning Dweller
      • 1 new fear:
        • Fear of Being Evicted
      • New foods and drinks (sims can learn how to make them by eating these):
        • Khao Niao Mamuang
        • Tofu Pad Thai
        • Pancit Bihon
        • Burmese Samosa Soup
        • Banh Cuon
        • Halo Halo
        • Thai Iced Milk Tea
      • Hopscotch and Marbles

I will still be doing recaps on the casual info thread. Yet I will try to share info on this thread too. While I can't get TwitterX info, I can make and share observations and lists. Especially when the livestream comes, then I'll do a big post with lists of stuff and descriptions.

Oh, and one suggestion too.
    On luthienrising last info thread, someone said that loading Tweets will have their device have a hard time loading the page. So, perhaps you could put the text from the post in the quote formatting and under it the tweet under spoilers.
    For example:
    ok, last thing. and this, I think, is an important thing to share asap:

feel free to start pre-building 💕 converting to a Residential Rental is easy peasy
    SimGuruNova's Tweet:
  • Options
    @EgonVM Ah, I see I see I'll put some quotes underneath them then if that's the case with some to make it easier.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Update to Aspirations & traits post above adding sourced info from @SimGuruConor :)

Also, added quotes with @EgonVM suggestion in the spoilers for people who might not be able to see the tweets in that one and previous ones as well.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Gameplay trailer just dropped. Check the first post to the video. I will update the thread with more info when I get home
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Recap of the gameplay trailer:
    • Property owners living in one of their residential rental lots don't have to pay rent.
    • When you are building a residential rental lot and click on a room, you can set the room to either belong to a unit, create a new unit, or make it a shared space.
    • Unlike in The Sims 2, each unit can have more than one door leading out, as the video showed making a bathroom between two units a shared space.
    • In the upper right panel, there will be a button next to the Lot Info panel for unit configurations. There you can see the unit's name (household's name if occupied), and opening it up allows you to see its size and value, set its number of bathrooms and bedrooms, and set it as home unit. In addition, each unit has different lot traits which you can set through Unit Configurations.
    • The Tenant Agreement panel allows you to change the rent per day and lease length, see the unit rating and what affects it, set the rules and fines for breaking these rules, and see the tenants. You can also travel to the unit (loading screen I guess) and unjustly evict the tenants.
      The rules shown:
      • No Social Events
      • No Loud Noises
      • Maximum Occupancy
      • No Trash Overload
      • No Ghosts
    • Tenant Agreement can be set differently to each unit, so you can set the rent and rules individually. The rent can even be set to 0.
    • Fill Vacancies panel shows you the unit info (rating, rules, bed and bathrooms, and rent) and show you potential tenants who can move in. The higher the unit rating is, the more tenant choices you have.
      • The tenant choices only show the amount of sims, the ages of sims, how many beds are wanted, and what is their rent cap.
    • If someone is late on rent, the property owner can post a rent demand or even take their tenants stuff.
    • Tenants that break the rules or don't pay the rent can be (justly) evicted. (Added justly because there are also unjustly evictions)
    • Second chances can be given to those evicted.
    • Some observations on the three scenes:
      • Tenant Revolt can see tenants protesting.
      • Roach problems.
      • Apartments can be haunted also.
      • There's a tool that can get rid of all the roaches.
    • Toddlers can play with those squat toilets.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,969 Member
    @EgonVM since OP is requesting no discussion in this thread can you post your recap in the Positive Thoughts thread?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    @EgonVM since OP is requesting no discussion in this thread can you post your recap in the Positive Thoughts thread?

Ah, sorry, didn't know. I thought I'd share because, well, it's recapping the trailer.
    I have also posted it in the other info thread, but I could bring it over there too.

Edit. Thanks for clarifying, @simgirl1010 .

In that case, indeed if you wish to discuss it further, there are many threads you can do it in.
    For Rent info thread is one of the places you can casually chat about the info.
    And positive thoughts thread is also a cool place to share your opinions in. I brought my recap over there too.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,969 Member
    @EgonVM No, your recap here was fine. I just wanted it in the PT thread to limit discussion comments to your post in this thread. :)
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    edited November 2023
    Glad they addressed this as I saw quite a few people not wanting to deal with it.

Lot Challenges really is a clever game design idea imo, since there are so many different ways to play, making everything as optional as can be to tailor each players game experience to their liking without leaving anyone behind was the right way to go.
  • Options
    More info update and don't forget the Developer gameplay walkthrough is tomorrow at 11am Pacific, 2PM EST
    5vJrxmT.png