Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Also I think this may be the first time I've participated in a "positive thoughts" thread pre-EP in all my years on this forum. That's how ready I am for multi-family dwellings lol
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited November 2023
    That is fantastic news! This is my current Newcrest (year 1910):
    AVvXsEg4Y495Zd1Ddt5MW564NT5W1cs3XIzaXpwOtsHRlnPBE4Ls9m5hfrxJV2UND-hJswK1LpZVUwtGpDyozGj91yImZ2Y3TdSqLYJvMlwGP4QmiVOl-j6kLMMLfiPkRqYAkDGYoXrAcdYQoon-lTvYU58nvtbvbsGn_oFLymkORB5cQxM1xXdiXYnkh6MTq7_g=s16000
    Now I can actually make it a fully functioning town! If my count is correct this could, potentially, swallow over 180(!!!!) NPC sims, and then I still have the café and restaurant only being decor apartment builds. Yay!

And I second all those who hope they'll put all those houses on the gallery. I love the San Sequoia build especially!
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Well townhouse,apartmrnts,houses here we are.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I was so excited about having six units! But to hear each unit can have 8 Sims!!! I'm swooning!

I do think this EP is a game changer.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited November 2023
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    This pack is going to make the entire game feel so much bigger and complete, this is basically the closest thing to an open world we will probably get in this game, and I am so ridiculously elated, I am tempted to pre order this pack instead of waiting for a sale like I normally do.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

We need slides and new playground equipment .

I am going to start building .
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Okay, now I'm wicked excited from this new info! I'm still going to have to make alterations to my senior home, as it's eight separate single bedroom units, but I can make the sisters live together in one, and I'll pick a pair of the men who are opposites to be roommates, just to make it more amusing, lol.

But this design opens up so many possibilities! I can actually have my big, old boarding house in Strangerville be real, and the trailer park lot where two families share in separate trailers will be much easier to manage without constantly having to lock the doors and allow separate permissions. I wanted to do a ranch boarding house as well, and have my friend groups (both mortal and supernatural) be able to live in the same building near each other to maintain relationships. Also, I can have a variety of Occult complexes in old, large Victorian buildings and castles! (Especially when the castle kit comes out!) And I can have more row houses everywhere.... My god. IT'S GLORIOUS!!

If things work out the way I'm hoping, this might actually be a contender for my favorite EP. Or at least, one of them. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    HOLY MOLEY I WASNT EXPECTING 6 UNITS

I was legit forcing myself to be content with like 2-3 units at best. Ive got alot of built apartments that are around that many units, with maybe a couple of them that I'll need to rework to be a lil smaller, BUT THIS IS ASTOUNDING.

This might be in my top 3 fav EPs.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    OMG I am going to say it again. This year has to be the best year for gaming in the Sims. Better babies, infants, horses, and now this EP. I think I am going to faint from excitement overload. So glad that I did the pre-order. Thank you @simgirl1010 for the photos of the units from the trailer.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Ok, now they finally have me, Six Units and 8 Sims per unit. I am totally on board now. Can't wait to have all my family generations on one lot finally.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    So nice to see an expansion with cross pack compatibility which is useable in every world this pack is what an expansion should be no feature locked to a single world. 6 units and 8 Sims each this will help out with the tiny worlds not to mention Del Sol Valley can finally be played right with that one lot with 3 driveways.

Also the male fade cuts are so nice hopefully the Sims team took a look at my male haircuts thread I actually think they might have.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    edited November 2023
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Nice! I'm so happy for everyone who wanted this pack. The new apartment system looks great. I wonder if we will see those lots in our Library since they are using other packs (@ 0:28 pack icons shown)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member

OMG :open_mouth:
    Wait wait, but even with the cheat activated, does this mean all those 8-Sims households….wait why does there need to be a cheat for it…oh…well I guess things will somehow make sense later on :lol:
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    ^ Lol, I done adjusted my lot from 8 to 6 units. That's good to know there's a cheat to increase the 6 unit limit.
  • Options
    greydonn wrote: »

simgirl1010, I have to praise your quick news updates, you're an angel! There is not one day that will pass from today till I my mods are updated after the pack releases that I will not be thinking of this news. Every new bit that comes out about this pack makes it seem better and better! <3

She is the queen of Sims 4 news updates! I love people like her <3

And I am so much excited about this EP! Another thing I am so much relieved about is the fact this pack is releasing on December 7th, which means I am able to get the EP on release day as I get my monthly (temporary) pension that day! Yay <3
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    Okay, now I'm wicked excited from this new info! I'm still going to have to make alterations to my senior home, as it's eight separate single bedroom units, but I can make the sisters live together in one, and I'll pick a pair of the men who are opposites to be roommates, just to make it more amusing, lol.

But this design opens up so many possibilities! I can actually have my big, old boarding house in Strangerville be real, and the trailer park lot where two families share in separate trailers will be much easier to manage without constantly having to lock the doors and allow separate permissions. I wanted to do a ranch boarding house as well, and have my friend groups (both mortal and supernatural) be able to live in the same building near each other to maintain relationships. Also, I can have a variety of Occult complexes in old, large Victorian buildings and castles! (Especially when the castle kit comes out!) And I can have more row houses everywhere.... My god. IT'S GLORIOUS!!

If things work out the way I'm hoping, this might actually be a contender for my favorite EP. Or at least, one of them. <3

Can't wait for the Castle and Goth Kits next year, OMG I keep forgetting them! Yay! :lol:

Imagine us getting Grim Reaper/Dangerous GP next year so we can make a Grim Reaper's Townhouse and all the reapers live next door :lol:
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited November 2023
    Okay, I'm super excited now after seeing the latest video. The housing crisis in my main save has been atrocious. I have a whole generation of young adults coming up with no place to move to. That is until this pack comes out. :smile: Been using makeshift "apartments" with up to 8 sim households that are divided into units through the use of locked doors. The problem I've experienced with that was sometimes the locks didn't work, allowing sims to burst into each others homes uninvited, and having fridges and bookshelves be shared amongst all families. On top of trying to balance storytelling between the various households all at once. :bawling:

Soon no more!

And the fact that we can have up to 48 sims living on one lot has me shaking. The concept of this pack gets more and more appealing.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »

Wait wait, but even with the cheat activated, does this mean all those 8-Sims households….wait why does there need to be a cheat for it…oh…well I guess things will somehow make sense later on :lol:

I expect this pack to be hard on lower end machines. Ever since the beginning of the sims 4 the team has been trying to keep requirements low, even deleting sims through culling. With 6 units of 8 sims and possibly neighbourhood stories actually filling all units, there are going to be a lot of sims. I expect the cheat is meant so players know they are going beyond the recommended number at their own risk. Just an educated guess.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Can't wait for the Castle and Goth Kits next year, OMG I keep forgetting them! Yay! :lol:

Imagine us getting Grim Reaper/Dangerous GP next year so we can make a Grim Reaper's Townhouse and all the reapers live next door :lol:

Oh. M'gawd. I absolutely need a townhouse full of Reapers!!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Lavasm77Lavasm77 Posts: 33 Member
    edited November 2023
    For many years I've had my self-sim living in a replica of our rl upper duplex, with an empty "apartment" below. I'm excited to finally move some neighbors in downstairs (for better or worse ;))!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Looking forward to saving space on lots but I sure hope the Animal Sanctuary side feature delivers.
  • Options
    @greydonn and @ULIBABA66 thanks so much for your comments. Truly appreciated. 😊
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2023
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I expect this pack to be hard on lower end machines. Ever since the beginning of the sims 4 the team has been trying to keep requirements low, even deleting sims through culling. With 6 units of 8 sims and possibly neighbourhood stories actually filling all units, there are going to be a lot of sims. I expect the cheat is meant so players know they are going beyond the recommended number at their own risk. Just an educated guess.

If there are loading screens between units not just lots (not all units are loaded at once, same as not all lots are loaded at once now) and still a limit of 20 Sims doing things in a neighborhood at once, it shouldn't be any different from now for performance.

Also that cheat. Amazing. So many possibilities!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.