Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Positive Thoughts Thread

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
Discussion thread for those looking forward to the next expansion pack. Thread title will be updated once pack is officially announced.
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2023
  • Options
    edited November 2023
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    *signing in* :D

I need all the apartment stuff!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    crying screaming dying that was the best trailer I've ever seen THE MUSHROOMS GUYS THE MUSHROOMS
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

I love the preorder content <3

3d85cd3bfb195b3cc902909d6bb1eeb0ae182e9f.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member

Yay! Another kitchen appliance! I'm going to need more counter space.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    deedles64 wrote: »

A kettle AND a rice cooker! Now I just need a toaster....
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    I'm excited that the kids get marbles and hopscotch!
    I loved seeing that too!
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I'm intrigued, though not excited at this stage. Saw a lot of comments saying this pack is City Living 2.0... And well, hey, as my fav EP I'm down for more apartment living.

Absolutely love that we are getting a rice cooker. :love:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    Oh, man... once they squash the gamebreaking bugs (sooo many new mechanics :# ), imma be right on this pack.

I guess that's only a half-positive thought, lol. I have to be real about the potential for bugs. I do like what I see, though! Can't wait to see some gameplay videos.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

The Night Market
    c5704e7b8a9b513111a8df50d24dd116e849f470.pnj

And all the food!
    ef3c91c0fc182df0ad909f2010ec8a2e428ca6ba.pnj
    fcca9fb08feba4eee10394d010cc8fcd11a5b9d4.pnj
    cba5e34771e46c03a07bd55cfc8b48aae36c3784.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    There's boilers and a squat toilet. :lol: That was totally unexpected. Love the rice cooker and hopscotch and marbles for the kids. Also saw a sim flying a Chinese lantern. Can't wait to see what else is there. Saw a beautiful blue bedroom and a white tiger plushie. So cuddly!
  • Options
    deedles64 wrote: »

I was literally thinking, this pack will come out just as my sim has saved up enough to move into a mega-mansion, which is great because between this pack and HCH, we're going to need aaaaaall the counter space in the kitchen!
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    edited November 2023
    The dabbing sim? All the new dances? The blackmail? The absolutely gorgeous art? idc if the botanical gardens and animal sanctuary are rabbit holes/even exist, I'm already delighted. And that new death has captivated me. I can't wait to murder swaths of sims with fungus spores.

edit: the gardens and sanctuary are real!!! <3 idk if they're rabbit holes or not though lol
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options

I love how janky that bathroom looks. Finally, my slob sims will be able to live in true squalor! Until they die from a cordyceps infection, apparently. :D
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Oh my goodness YESSS! This is the perfect Expansion Pack for me! I always secretly manifested and wished for an EP like this to address the pet peeves I had with City Living (I love that EP for its own reasons though! <3) so yay! Instant preorder as soon as I get my next paycheck! Thank you Maxis/EA, SimGurus and the developers of this pack! Instant buy for me <3
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    The dabbing sim? All the new dances? The blackmail? The absolutely gorgeous art? idc if the botanical gardens and animal sanctuary are rabbit holes/even exist, I'm already delighted. And that new death has captivated me. I can't wait to murder swaths of sims with fungus spores.

I thought I saw a dabbing sim. :) I loved the music in the trailer.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited November 2023

Sims 1 food cart vibes OMG I am tooo happy! Finally <3 nostalgia overload :lol:
    Edit: OOHH new kitchen appliance! We won! <3
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Become a Successful Property Owner with The Sims 4 For Rent Expansion Pack

Oversee multiple residential rentals as you bring neighbors together - literally!

It’s time to open your door to new rental opportunities in the picturesque world of Tomarang! Experience the neighborhood as a Property Owner or tenant – fix utilities, deal with unruly neighbors, create a community and even manage multiple Residential Rentals.

In The Sims 4 For Rent Expansion Pack, players will have the opportunity to build and create a variety of dwellings, including townhomes, duplexes, apartments and more! Players will discover that close living quarters make for some of the most harmonious relationships that will either bring the community together or drive it apart!

Now, answer the door and get ready to discover the drama at your doorstep!

yV29ks6.png

Welcome To Tomarang

Sul Sul, neighbor. Welcome to the bustling city of Tomarang, a scenic world nestled in a lush tropical landscape and vibrant city skyline. In a world alive with possibilities, Tomarang breathes new life into the many stories that can be told in multi-family dwellings.

Inspired by a unique blend of tradition and modernity, Sims can immerse themselves in this Southeast Asian-inspired world and discover various new exciting community activities. To reflect elements of Southeast Asian culture, The Sims team proudly collaborated with Jason Chu, an Asian-American rapper, social justice advocate and cultural expert with family roots in Southeast Asia, to consult on the For Rent Expansion Pack to deliver more choices with how players explore and express their individuality.

When your Sim needs a break from the hustle and bustle of a big city, they can relax in the green haven of the botanical gardens, visit an animal sanctuary or leave Incense or Fruit offerings at the Spirit House, while child Sims can play Hopscotch and Marbles in the park.

As Sims move into these new Residential Rentals, it’s inevitable that they will get tangled up in each other’s lives. From basement suites to duplexes, Sims can discover drama right at their doorstep as they will have ample opportunity to discover each other’s secrets by eavesdropping, snooping or even breaking and entering.

DCFtx7g.png

With so much to chat about, Sims can head on over to the city’s iconic Night Market for an evening stroll. After exploring a world aglow with lanterns, buzzing with vendors, tantalizing foods and unique items, Sims can be inspired to eat like locals at home where they can cook dishes including Khao Niao Mamuang, Tofu Pad Thai, Pancit Bihon, Burmese Samosa Soup and Banh Cuon. After their meals, Sims can enjoy a Halo Halo and a Thai Iced Milk Tea.

GlV0KQ8.png

A New Type of Lot in Town

We know apartments and multi-residential rentals have been highly requested by players, and we wanted to ensure that this feature offered enriched and immersive gameplay that expands on the multitude of storytelling opportunities. The Sims 4 For Rent Expansion Pack introduces a new dimension to housing options, enhancing the overall depth and complexity of Sims’ relationships, personalities and experiences.

For the first time ever in The Sims 4, Simmers can build a fully customizable multi-unit dwelling where multiple Sim families can live on the same lot. This is possible in ANY liveable The Sims 4 world!

In Tomarang, these gorgeous dwellings feature versatile wooden window shades, homes on stilts near scenic beaches as well as historic bridges. For interiors, there are traditional wood carvings and rattan furniture available alongside traditional Southeast Asian-inspired rugs, chairs, tiles and lamps.

New Residential Rentals allow a Sim to get creative with fully customizable multi-family dwellings. Give your Sims a basement suite to rent out, create a cozy duplex for close families or even build spacious apartments for large families.

Community events, like a Potluck and Pool Parties, provide the perfect opportunities for Sims to engage with their neighbors and get a sense of community within their Residential Rental.

muL3zsr.png

Property Management

Sims can soon evolve into savvy Property Owners and live amongst tenants or maintain separate residences while generating income from multiple property investments. While being at home can be relaxing, Property Owners may face a tenant revolt if you allow your ratings to slip too low, amongst other potential surprises including insect infestations, and challenges including mold.

To further immerse players into the world of For Rent, Sims can gain four new Aspirations, five Traits and a new Fear that help create unexpected and exciting stories. Tenants can experience evictions, and as a result, Fears now include a tenant being afraid of being evicted due to misbehavior–but don’t worry, you can always give someone a second chance!

On the flip side, Property Managers have their own layer of responsibility. It's not all fun and games! Property Owners can visit and do inspections, shoring up any broken objects—including the new Water Heater and Electrical Fuse Box utility objects. No Tenant is going to want cold water or flickering lights.

Sims can also have Aspirations to become the nosiest of Seeker of Secrets, a Five-Star Property Owner, the local Fount of Tomarani Knowledge, or a Discerning Dweller–the best neighbor and tenant ever. To make these communities even more interesting, Sims have five new traits. Sims can be Nosy, Generous, Cringe, Child of the Village and the Elder specific Wise–as wisdom comes with age.

rmkeK7n.png

If you purchase the For Rent Expansion Pack anytime from November 2 to January 18, you’ll have access to our Street Eats Digital Content, which allows you to bring the night market flavor home with a grill cart, street umbrella and fruit basket.

Preorder The Sims 4 For Rent Expansion Pack now to start playing immediately when it launches on December 7, 2023 on PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC via EA app for Windows, Origin™, Steam® and Epic Games Store.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/for-rent-expansion-pack
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on