Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods by bienchen83/sims4me

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    The main one.

Gym trainers don't have their separate module as 1. they are no crucial role and 2. can be easily downloaded from the gallery if there is no Sim in a certain world that fulfills the requirements (they do need a maxed fitness level). There are already far too many seperate modules for that mod. In a new save, there will typically not be a Sim with maxed fitness skill and with my Mod, Sims for non crucial roles will not be spawned. I have a set of gym trainers on the gallery. I do keep them as not in world so that there's a gym trainer in every world without having too many townies in game.

That's awesome, thanks for explaining :)
    I have some of your gallery sims for the roles in my main save, but im no in need of any more gym trainers, I was just simply curious :)

I am so confused now. I'm so sorry my info was wrong.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    I told you that it's most likely a mod conflict, @i0brendan0, not a bug. Have you read what I wrote and checked without any other mod installed, esp. MCC?

@Bananas_45: They're spawned at every gym lot and are noticeable by the fact that they'll autonomusly lecture Sims that are working out in fitness. If you hover over them, you can see their role shown. Otherwise they don't do much.

Weird. I have never seen one and when I googled it to see if I was missing something I didn't find anything. Thank you for explaining it!
  • Options
    i0brendan0i0brendan0 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @83bienchen said:
    > I told you that it's most likely a mod conflict, @i0brendan0, not a bug. Have you read what I wrote and checked without any other mod installed, esp. MCC?

Ah, the forums didn't give me a notification that you had mentioned me so I completely missed the message. I tried with just MCCC and the townie overhaul packages. You were right, the new gym trainer did not leave the lot.
  • Options
    > @83bienchen said:
    > The main one.
    >
    > Gym trainers don't have their separate module as 1. they are no crucial role and 2. can be easily downloaded from the gallery if there is no Sim in a certain world that fulfills the requirements (they do need a maxed fitness level). There are already far too many seperate modules for that mod. In a new save, there will typically not be a Sim with maxed fitness skill and with my Mod, Sims for non crucial roles will not be spawned. I have a set of gym trainers on the gallery. I do keep them as not in world so that there's a gym trainer in every world without having too many townies in game.

So I've got a lot of custom sim households with a lot of custom sims in a personal mod. Absolutely none of them have a maxed fitness skill. But the ones picked for the gym trainer all have the athletic trait. So the game probably maxes out their fitness when they become a gym trainer.
  • Options
    > @i0brendan0 said:
    > > @83bienchen said:
    > > I told you that it's most likely a mod conflict, @i0brendan0, not a bug. Have you read what I wrote and checked without any other mod installed, esp. MCC?
    >
    > Ah, the forums didn't give me a notification that you had mentioned me so I completely missed the message. I tried with just MCCC and the townie overhaul packages. You were right, the new gym trainer did not leave the lot.

I'm sorry. I spoke too soon. I had to remove a couple sims from the save to get it to trigger again. Just townie overhaul and MCCC does still cause the gym trainer to leave the lot.
  • Options
    > @i0brendan0 said:
    > > @i0brendan0 said:
    > > > @83bienchen said:
    > > > I told you that it's most likely a mod conflict, @i0brendan0, not a bug. Have you read what I wrote and checked without any other mod installed, esp. MCC?
    > >
    > > Ah, the forums didn't give me a notification that you had mentioned me so I completely missed the message. I tried with just MCCC and the townie overhaul packages. You were right, the new gym trainer did not leave the lot.
    >
    > I'm sorry. I spoke too soon. I had to remove a couple sims from the save to get it to trigger again. Just townie overhaul and MCCC does still cause the gym trainer to leave the lot.

Sorry to keep making comments. I'm unable to edit my comments. I misunderstood. I didn't realize you wanted me to take out MCCC. I just tested it without MCCC so that the lessfame package was the absolute only mod i had installed. Yes, the gym trainers still leave the lot.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    @i0brendan0 :
    You still misunderstood. As with every Mod, you'd need to test without any other mods installed, ideally in a fresh save (to make sure the bug ist not due to a corrupted save file) where you already downloaded a gym trainer from the gallery that is marked as unplayed and not in world (as my mod purposedly stops the game from creating new gym trainers).
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    @i0brendan0 :
    I just did some minor tweaks to the main module to increase Gym Trainer availability a bit. You'll still need a Sim with the active trait and maxed fitness level for the role.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    > @83bienchen said:
    > @i0brendan0 :
    > You still misunderstood. As with every Mod, you'd need to test without any other mods installed, ideally in a fresh save (to make sure the bug ist not due to a corrupted save file) where you already downloaded a gym trainer from the gallery that is marked as unplayed and not in world (as my mod purposedly stops the game from creating new gym trainers).

> @83bienchen said:
    > @i0brendan0 :
    > I just did some minor tweaks to the main module to increase Gym Trainer availability a bit. You'll still need a Sim with the active trait and maxed fitness level for the role.

If your mod requires a sim to have the active trait AND be at max fitness, then it absolutely makes sense as to why they keep being forced off lot. The sims the game picks have the active trait, and then the game maxes out their fitness because they're a gym trainer. I checked the fitness statistic of a sim (through MCCC) after the game selected them to be the trainer and it was a very large amount which made me think it was maxed. And I know I didn't max out their fitness.
    In the end, the game was picking my custom sims with the active trait (with no skills), then the mod would kick them off the lot because they don't have max fitness, before the game maxed out their fitness from being a gym trainer (which is probably an insanely short amount of time). Then the next time the game picked that sim to be a gym trainer, they'd already have max fitness so the mod wouldn't kick them off the lot.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    That's not it. Vanilla tuning does have the exact same requirements. I did not change any of that.
  • Options
    > @83bienchen said:
    > That's not it. Vanilla tuning does have the exact same requirements. I did not change any of that.

If that was the case, then none of my custom sims would be picked for the position. I save them to a package using the sims 4 household tool immediately after I create them. So they have 0 in every skill. And as far as I can tell, no Maxis made sims would be picked for the role either. They don't have a high enough fitness skill.
    To test it, I took out all of my mods, started a completely new game, and went to a gym. The sim it selected was Supriya Delgato. A pre-made, active sim, that the wiki says has no fitness skill. To make sure, I went back to the save before it picked her as a gym trainer and it confirms what the wiki says. No fitness skill at all.
    So if the vanilla game were to require a sim be active and have a maxed fitness skill, it would always have to generate a new sim for the first time each save.

I'm not trying to step on your toes or anything like that. I'm just telling you that the fitness skill doesn't matter for the game to make a sim a gym trainer. The game maxes out a sim's fitness after they've been a gym trainer at least once.
  • Options
    GG1954GG1954 Posts: 14 New Member
    hi, is this the correct place to ask for suggestions on how I get my sim to eat and how to stop the horses from walking straight up like a human, then go back to being a horse when they get where they're going?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    GG1954 wrote: Β»
    hi, is this the correct place to ask for suggestions on how I get my sim to eat and how to stop the horses from walking straight up like a human, then go back to being a horse when they get where they're going?

Hi @GG1954 A lot of mods were updated after the Horse Ranch patch. You'll find a list at https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1009959/old-broken-updated-mods-cc-july-2023-horse-ranch-patch-aug-bugfix-patch-1-100#latest
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER β€” Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    KuttoeKuttoe Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi bienchen!

I got a report from someone that the custom restaurant guest filters you made as part of "restaurantguestoverhaul" were getting around my Home Regions mod. I can add a snippet of code to my mod that addresses this without any fuss on your part, but since it would be altering your tunings I wanted to ask for your permission first. To be clear, this would not alter your actual files at all or make any permanent changes, it just adds an additional filter term when the game first loads. Removing the Home Regions mod would remove the change, too.
  • Options
    @i0brendan0 : You misunderstood me again. I know that the base game maxes out some the fitness skill like it does with yoga instructors and the wellness skill. I actually hate both with a passion. I was just saying that you cannot have a Sim working as a gym trainer in the Base Game either without putting up with the fact that they'll have level 10 fitness skill.

@GG1954 : Ni, this isn't a mod issue trouble shouting thread. @luthienrising already poknted you in the right direction. Try updating your mods and/or taking outdated ones out. My mods are all good with Horse Ranch.

@Kuttoe: I'm totally fine with that. Thanks for even bothering to make them compatible.
    Congrats on your excellent Home Region Mod, by the way. πŸ‘

• Options
    > @83bienchen said:
    > @i0brendan0 : You misunderstood me again. I know that the base game maxes out some the fitness skill like it does with yoga instructors and the wellness skill. I actually hate both with a passion. I was just saying that you cannot have a Sim working as a gym trainer in the Base Game either without putting up with the fact that they'll have level 10 fitness skill.

But that's not the issue. The issue is the mod kicks out a gym trainer if they didn't already have max fitness. It absolutely does not do that in base game. It tries to get a sim already with max fitness, but if it doesn't for whatever reason, it pulls a sim with the active trait and then maxes out their fitness so the next time it can pick them.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I've been trying to tell you that is by design of the mod. If you do not like it and don't want to go the designed path to put that mod in after you are happy with the role townies you have in game / downloaded from the gallery the mod is just not for you. There are quite the amount of similar mods out there with different approaches to choose from. I'm just sharing the approach that appeals to me the most. It's totally fine if you prefer something else.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7:
    I've got two questions regarding your non-request (I know I'm late but I didn't get a notification from your reply and only spotted it by chance now):
    1. Do you want every Sim to be able to interrogate random Sims or just Sims who pursue the detective career?
    2. Would you be okay with the interrogated Sim always turning out not guilty (so no get confession interaction (except for the Vanilla interrogation situation of course, which would remain untouched)) or would you want there to be a chance of them turning out being guilty as well?
    Thanks in advance. πŸ™‚
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7:
    I've got two questions regarding your non-request (I know I'm late but I didn't get a notification from your reply and only spotted it by chance now):
    1. Do you want every Sim to be able to interrogate random Sims or just Sims who pursue the detective career?
    2. Would you be okay with the interrogated Sim always turning out not guilty (so no get confession interaction (except for the Vanilla interrogation situation of course, which would remain untouched)) or would you want there to be a chance of them turning out being guilty as well?
    Thanks in advance. πŸ™‚

@83bienchen, Thank you for considering my vague non-request! And no worries, I often miss my mentions, I'm dreadful really, I'm about to hire my own Personal Forum Assistant just to notify me.πŸ˜…

As for your questions:

1. Ideally I would like the interaction to be available for every sim, but if that's not possible, I'd be totally okay with it being limited to the detective career. I just wouldn't want it to be bound to the police office and that specific room, if this makes sense.

2. Good question. The only difference between guilty and not guilty is whatever happens after, me thinks. When a sim is guilty, they go to jail, and I don't expect that interaction to be made available (opening jail door). When they're not guilty, they can walk, they're free. Now, in my game most of them will probably be guilty, no matter what, so I suppose a sim's fate will be in the hands of The Watcher. I might lock them up in a nearby room or move them to a larger facility or a dungeon etc. The question is, do I need a confession for this?
    Ok...Hmm...would there be a lot more work involved in generating guilty sims and getting them to confess (without the jaildoor interaction)? If yes, then I'd be okay with non-guilty sims!

Thanks again for considering this. I appreciate it!
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    There you go:
    https://www.seebee.de/sims4me/mods/sims4me_interrogateeverywhere.rar

You need to arrest the Sim first (the interaction has a handcuffs icon and can be found in the actions submenu. Then you can interrogate the suspect as you'd regularly do. If they are guilty, they will be put behind bars (if you have the police bars door). If they are not guilty, you should release the Sim.
    I had some trouble finding the door and the interrogation table, so I made two seperate files to unlock them. They can now be found in doors / under misc tables.
    There might very well be other ways to get them (Gallery rooms?), and if you already have access to them, feel free to just delete these two files and just keep the main one. I noticed that the interactions are slightly less stable than at the police center, which is because autonomy ist tuned down for police station suspects. I had one suspect running off to his university class during interrogation (fun fact: he proved to be guilty later) and one ran off to order a drink at the bar and continued the interrogation there (my test surrounding being a night club). Otherwise it seems to run rather smooth. Feel free to share any issues you might have. If you just lock the door to the interrogation room, you should be fine.
  • Options

@83bienchen
    Wow, I’m very impressed by the fact that you managed to pull this off so quickly! Excellent!! Thank you so much for even considering It.

Unfortunately for me I won’t be able to play around with it until later this evening when I’m back home from work. Maybe I should just β€œcall in fake sick” so that I can have fun with it all day. Oh why not. Ok maybe not today. πŸ˜†

My colleagues will be wondering why I’m going around doing all my daily activities with this huge mischievous grin on my face. If only they knew how many people I plan to arrest and interrogate later tonight. Ha! I know exactly what and who I’ll be testing this mod out on!

I’ll return here later to share my findings with you etc. etc. This is great stuff altogether.

Thanks a Million! πŸ˜ƒ

• Options
    @83bienchen ,

Thanks again for taking the time to create this interrogation mod! It's great, I was able to run a couple of tests this evening.
    I want to point out that I tested the mod in a fresh vanilla save, with only this mod placed in the mods folder.

Here is what I experienced so far:
    1. Currently the mod only works on community lots, not on residentials. Is this by design? Would it be possible to add residentials? If not, thats OK, however, NOT being able to lock doors on community lots causes unwanted sims to enter the interrogation room. I'm not sure if it's possible to have an option to restrict access to this specific room?
    2. Just to note: I had to make sure that the interrogation room is the only room with a seating area. Both sims tend to choose to sit next to eachother on nearby benches and without a table the animations may look odd. It all works perfectly once all benches are gone.
    3. I arrested and interrogated about 10 sims and all of them were innocent, so I had to let them go. What is innocence and guilt based on, or is this random? Would it be possible to have a higher chance of being guilty, for example 80% chance of being guilty, 20% chance of being innocent? I desperately wanted to test the jail cells, but could not. :D
    4. A cheeky request: would it be possible to convert basegame's MEGA TABLE (a generic looking wooden dining table) into a second option for the interrogation table which could be used for historical gameplay?

I'm off to test some more!
  • Options
    Well, it's more a test version than a finished product as of now. I wanted to share my first results before my grown up daughter comes to visit me and I'm off of modding for a while.

1. This might be a restriction beyond reach for a tuning mod. But I'll see If I can manage a workaround. I haven't seen anything in the tuning files that would prevent usability on residential lots as of yet. Have you tried it on a generic community lot? That might be suitable.
    2. That lines up with my barfly subject experience. I've been thinking to add some time limited autonomy restrictions to interrogated Sims to improve steady seating. I might borrow the code I used for my paireddancingtweak for this.
    3. I can totally increase the chance of guilty Sims. No problem there.
    4. Would you like to have it as a default override of that table or as a piece of CC (cloned object with altered tuning)? Either way, I cannot promise that will work.
    It would probably be easier as a remesh of the interrogation table, but that would be a thing for an object CC creator (which I'm not).
    Can't make any promises on that one, but I'll try and see what I can do after my daughter left.
  • Options
    This might be a restriction beyond reach for a tuning mod. But I'll see If I can manage a workaround. I haven't seen anything in the tuning files that would prevent usability on residential lots as of yet. Have you tried it on a generic community lot? That might be suitable.

I eventually changed it from a bar to a generic community lot and it works much better. The sims that were still on the lot left after a while, except for the one that I arrested. I feel a work-around is not necessary if the generic lot does the same job!
    That lines up with my barfly subject experience. I've been thinking to add some time limited autonomy restrictions to interrogated Sims to improve steady seating. I might borrow the code I used for my paireddancingtweak for this.
    Nice one!
    I can totally increase the chance of guilty Sims. No problem there.
    Excellent! 😈
    Would you like to have it as a default override of that table or as a piece of CC (cloned object with altered tuning)? Either way, I cannot promise that will work.
    It would probably be easier as a remesh of the interrogation table, but that would be a thing for an object CC creator (which I'm not).
    Can't make any promises on that one, but I'll try and see what I can do after my daughter left.

As a cloned object, however, I was reminded of another build-trick to make certain objects usable. I'll test it with that and see if it works with the interrogation table.

Thanks again and have a wonderful time with your daughter!

• Options
    Updated version is available for testing now and can be downloaded via the same link as I posted before, @CAPTAIN_NXR7 .

1., 3. and 4. have been addressed.
    Feel totally free to tell me if you do still feel you get too many innocent Sims. I could tweak it further if you wish.

2. is still not quite working, actually a bug that happens with the original interaction as well if you place comfy seats or sofas nearby. I think it has improved a bit, but it's not ideal. There clearly is a reason EA used a rather large almost empty room for interrogations in their police station. I found an ald open bug report on AnswersHQ from someone who had built their own police station and suffered from the same issue.

I thought you might rather have the new version now despite the fact that I might still come up with a better solution for the seating problem (given some likelihood that I might not be able to).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top