Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @GalacticGal I try to watch my intake but it is a little funny how it hits when I miss something and then it's like I'm relaxing wrong. Ha good to know, I thought it was just a bug since it worked sometimes it's like I forgot the drawer detail and was just convinced it was stuck oops lol.
    0GNFd8nh.png
    Now Ted Rose(madeover Roswell) finally saw his son become a young man and he's a proper Southern gentleman.
    bBvg7Hbh.png
    His mother(his original wife yes) was not impressed by my need to snap pictures of it, hush you, you need a makeover.

Anyone else play rotationally and it feels like there really are multiple years passing now even if only two seasons go by, it's kind of fun.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,611 Member
    edited September 2023
    I spent most of today finishing the new house I had Erik and family move into. Finally got the porch awning up! Woot, woot! That vexed me more than I can say. I have no idea what I was doing wrong when I was originally building, but I looked at a video and then went back this morning to reread the Carl's Guide to Building. I was going to try on a copy of the house, but for some reason, I just got to work on the existing house. First two tries didn't work. I put the pillars back in place and tried a third time. Well, what do you know? I could finally balance that half-hip roof atop the pillars and flatten them after hooking them to the wall. I believe I lowered the house so that just the first floor showed, so I could line up the edge between the floors. I don't know, I'm just happy it finally worked. Pay dirt. I'm jazzed. So much happier with the covered porch. It's one of the things that attracted me to this floorplan, to start with. The family lives in Crescent Ridge.

This house was designed by Donald A. Gardner Arhitects, Inc. I modified it to suit my family and the Sims. I present to you, The Abordale

5oVZv1t.jpg

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    After I finally stopped fussing with the house, I did get a short time to play. The family were busy trying to pull themselves together, getting over the death of their paternal grandfather. They held a funeral for him, and Erik gave a nice eulogy for the topmost man in his life. There was a sense of closure in the solemnity of the service. The next day, Wednesday, started out bright with a bit of warmth in the Spring air. Erik tended to his horses and after Jamison returned from Drama Club at the end of the afternoon, Erik received a phone call. Joey called to inform him that their mother had also just passed away. They say births, deaths and marriages come in threes. I sit here pondering just which of the remaining grandparents is next? :open_mouth:

Author's Note:
    I don't play with aging off. Death is a part of life, and while I may cry like a baby over a lost Sim, it is what it is. I have weathered the loss of both my parents in RL. None of us are immune.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    momelimberhammomelimberham Posts: 75 Member
    When Hope went on a regular patrol today as part of her detective career, she got sent to one of the houses where her kids live!
    UjMuRmN.png

The three kids in the screenshot are actually 3, 4, and 5 (Brooklyn Flex - the girl; and Ernesto and Rick McKinnon). At this point Hope's children make up like 25% of the entire game's population so I'm used to seeing them places, but it kind of felt like mom was paying a visit to her oldest kids <3 I have aging off because of how I want this save to run so they've all been teens for like 28 years. I guess since she was on patrol she wasn't welcome inside the house.

Also her twins with Vlad aged up to teens and they... don't look that bad???

R5X5XU8.png
    w1Jpvx2.png

They've got massively long noses
    5t289Xi.png

But they actually look really good. Way better than the last time I had a sim have kids with Vlad. If they hook up with beautiful sims then their kids will probably look normal.

Hope finally rounded out the Caliente family with the last target, Nina. Nina was so despondent over her mother and sister dying from a respective fire and freak lightning strike that she was desperate for company and love from Hope. It was easy for Hope to convince Nina to move in with her, taking all the household's furniture and fixings with her. But since Hope's mansion is already full, Nina had no need for all those things! Why not sell them in Hope's thrift store?

Nina and Hope's son, Nino, has been born, so all Hope needs from Nina is help for running the now very crammed store. Hope has already moved on to her next parental target - Johnny Zest. Last time I tried a "one person has kids with everyone" type of game, the kid that sim had with Johnny Zest was GORGEOUS. Hope is already really pretty so I'm hoping Hope/Johnny might produce another kid as beautiful as Keely Hoapili is. I've got I think 43 premade sims down, 207ish to go (so far; I have to do a better count, also don't have Horse Ranch yet so none of those folks are on the list). Nino Caliente was kid 72, and I'm still contemplating how to show off all the kids without clogging anyone's feed (there's not really enough to bother with the storytelling part of the forum or the What Happened Today - Serial thread, but the other kids obviously didn't happen today... Also I spent so long keeping track of each sim and their eye and hair color and changing them in CAS to get other sims pregnant and didn't think ahead of time to make sure all of them were premades and not generated by neighborhood stories or whatever, so the count's a little off)
    Can one awkward man find love when nobody knows what he looks like? Check out Joe Baghead season 1
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,385 Member
    A day at the Tartosa beach.

Bjorn Bjergsen is taking his job as a lifeguard seriously. B)

yi9zCdr.png

Very seriosly...
    RLOo3lC.png

Mortimer SoNotGoth (the new version) relaxing.
    LUh4YDm.png

My Sim Shayne Bentley also relaxing. :sleeping:
    SP7mGME.png
  • Options
    Erik turned to his music to help soothe his aching heart. Having lost both of his parents within four days of each other, he still smarted, but turning to write songs, he found an undeniable peace settle upon him. When he had fifteen songs he went down to Taygeta Studios to lay down the tracks and the vocals. Pretty soon his thirty-fifth album was completed. He got it packaged and ready for release by the end of Thursday. Friday, being Date Night, was also Love Day. Erik bestowed a red rose on all four girls in his life. He and Kayleigh then went out to dine at Giorgio's

Saturday night, the twins and Andrew decided date or no date, the three of them would attend the Prom. Sadly, they were the only ones who did. :open_mouth: They danced, Andrew had snacks and a cup of punch. They voted and when it came time for Mrs. Mei to announce the Prom royalty and Jester, Andrew waited with bated breath, for which Melodie rolled her eyes and Harmony pointed out how high the odds were for the three of them. Harmony came home Prom Royalty. Andrew, to his deep humiliation, Prom Jester.

• Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    A little family doing little family things.
    09-28-23-2-57-49-AM.png

09-28-23-2-59-52-AM.png

09-28-23-3-02-04-AM.png

09-28-23-3-02-16-AM.png

09-28-23-3-02-48-AM.png

09-28-23-3-03-42-AM.png
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    Judith Ward Scott passed away in my game. I'm not really all that surprised. I play on Long, and this save has survived for months, now. She was old evidence being her gray head of hair. Erik won his 31st Best Song Accolade for the 4th movie soundtrack he's ever written. After the Starlight Accolades, he took his family out to dine at tthe Old Home Bar & Grille.
    Despite Peter acting silly, which the family has grown quite accustomed to, they had a nice evening together, chatting and catching up with each other.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

771abad279e8694bb196eacb7d321a81ac60aa55.png
    One of my sims went on a vacation. I was tired and needed a nice simple day so I cheated the needs green for the rest of the family and took this guy climbing and skiing for a day. It was great! Will remember to take away just one sim for a day of, it was good to have a calmer session. Wish we could have a new fun world with something exciting to do.

a0fb48f6a6f3797fdb9cc4bf03a3550550976b3f.png
    Back home again. In the little backyard we have chickens, rabbits and giant veggies. At home there's the cat and the dog.

c95538f71305792ec36672a1efa0261ed11c235f.png
    Invited a friend to stay over and it was fun! Built a little guestroom and it went really well. My sims are as introvert as I am so we ended it after a day. That is about as long as I am prepared to entertain a guest but it was fun while it lasted.

• Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Grim unironically doing his best impersonation of 'Staying Alive' B)

J4N9pY0.png

Overly dramatic storytelling runs in the family...

NUOPMkp.png

Grim and Aislinn enjoying some quality conversation time sans dramatics

WDJnri9.png

Aislinn chatting with daughter Nyx (standing) and grandaughter, Samara (seated)

AbXBc6u.png

Samara does her good deed for the day and donates blood to her Aunt Seraphim

3jb6vIv.png
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    TBU0531h.png
    First time I ever saw a corgi go up the stairs.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    Howdy, folks!

I've finally gotten back into playing my game. Doing a scored legacy challenege that I'm actually enjoying the family with.

Kimberly Kae Birk married Omar Amos and has 6 children. Hana Gabby is the oldest, then Oliver Amos, then she has twins Blake Veronica and Ellis Harrison. Then she adopted Addyison and Maci. I'm doing equality, so alternating genders for her and I'm doing random and rolled Ellis as heir. He finally officially took over today, because Hana finally completed her championship rider aspiration and got the boot with her daughter Robyn.

Hana... if I'm allowed to have favorites, is my favorite. She married her childhood sweetheart who was the son of one of her mother's best friends. His name was August Robles and everything was fine until he tried to woohoo her mother. That ended. She ended up marrying Clement Frost and once she was ready they moved out and she's pregnant now. I would have picked her as heir if I could have.

Ellis and Blake decided to live together and Ellis' first relationship didn't work out. She ended up dying of cardiac explosion. Then his other mom's best friend woohooed with him and he enter8that relationship a little bit, but she is married and has 5 kids - this didn't bother him because he's evil, but he decided he wanted to be with someone they didn't have as much "baggage".

He got with a Goth kid, but she was too blah for him. Traits were boring. Then, he met Micarla Robles... yeah, the little sister of his sister's baby daddy. And he fell for her. She has the good trait and he loves the opposing trait. He may be evil but he is still a sweet guy.

I took the family out for a family outing to the gum now that I only have 5 sims in the house - down from 11. And... BLAKE DROWNED IN THE POOL! And couldn't be brought back. I was so devastated because she maxed vampire lore somehow and I was gonna make her a vampire. Maybe have a vlad baby and she went and died on me. I had to leave the game after that.

Haven't been back in, yet. Lol

I'll show pictures later!
  • Options
    @Minx11
    That's quite a convoluted plotline you've got going. I do hope you jump back into it and continue. Your characters are very interesting. Sorry to hear about Blake. Was it a glitch? If so, roll back if you are able to. At any rate, have fun!
  • Options
    momelimberhammomelimberham Posts: 75 Member
    Hope's thrift store is doing super well. She decided to fire the only employee after 3 shifts of the employee not doing literally anything. The shop is easy enough to manage on her own (especially if The One In Charge gives Hope the ability to teleport and makes customers temporarily forget they're angry about how long it's taking to get rung up!; as a side note if you time "reset object" just right on a customer, they apparently ring themselves up!)

VJU0sk4.png

This poor little girl really had to wee and made a mess of herself, and played with one of the toys on display for awhile, while Hope was getting her photo taken. Hope is a paparazzi darling but is considering going to the celebrity spa to get that quirk removed, because there always being like 7 paparazzi in the thrift store at all times is getting obnoxious.

Hope got promoted to Captain and then her arms broke

zSmFTBP.png

Despite the anatomy issue, Rory was super interested.

And then Hope's most beautiful child arrived at the thrift store the next day. We're at 79 children and Keely Hoapili still remains the most attractive out of all the kids.
    3HzaVws.png

Malcolm Landgraab arrived at the store and I realized he was still a teen even though everyone needs to be an adult for my "have babies with everyone" save, so I fixed him in CAS and accidentally switched control to him, when I realized I could just have him buy everything in the thrift store so Hope still made a huge profit without all the work. Ha!

Later Hope had quintuplets AGAIN, this time with Johnny Zest. All of them are slightly odd looking. Sure not the weirdest looking kids, though. With an army of 5 helpers, Hope decided to slash prices at the thrift store and put out a tv ad, to hopefully get rid of the massive amount of plates and toys that keep accumulating, as well as the various items Hope has stolen while investigating crimes - while she's still getting away with the biggest crimes of all, murdering all of her children's parents. (And by that I of course mean me shift clicking them to do a kill command.)

Also Zoe Patel dropped dead of poison in the living room of her house, but her roommate and Hope were busy making another baby and didn't notice or care. Priorities!
    Can one awkward man find love when nobody knows what he looks like? Check out Joe Baghead season 1
  • Options
    MelkouneliMelkouneli Posts: 9 New Member
    I was playing my cottage and a fox ate one of the rabbits :( Im just exploring cottage living and didnt know that could happen lol
  • Options
    Melkouneli wrote: »
    I was playing my cottage and a fox ate one of the rabbits :( Im just exploring cottage living and didnt know that could happen lol

Rough way to learn.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Mcc was running too free in my game again, which I only allow for non-played but still.
    vs67Eaeh.png
    I think the brunette is Brent either way the one behind Johnny ran away from his husband to be with Johnny, also his husband was very upset to catch him even though he married some random woman I don't really know lol.
    1D1ImrYh.png
    Then he was struck for being a pain so yeah...
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Because of the update, my mods were disabled, and I have to get updated ones, and I do not have the energy. So. I am playing without mods, which means I'm not playing couples because the jealousy is too stressful. I brought out one of my single sims from awhile back. I love her face where she looks like she has just had enough, in the last two pics.

10-03-23-11-36-07-PM.png

10-03-23-11-45-53-PM.png

10-03-23-11-46-33-PM.png
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited October 2023
    66b8516b8318d32630f66fe846bef3f2e22d8ce6.png

I love letting my sims go rock climbing.

I use cc-rock climbing rocks from Bakie, links below, so that my sims can go climbing in their local park in Brindleton Bay. I have an adventurous sim and another sim that grew up in Mt Komorebi, the both of them have climbing as one of their hobbies so it is great to be able to place it in other worlds.

Wish we could have gotten more locations for climbing in Chestnut ridge, that would have been so much fun! I would pay to have climbing in more worlds in a way that didn't require me to try to landscape the lot to look right. I'm not a great builder.

https://bakiegaming.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRlH__QNaYw
    Post edited by SilentKitty on
  • Options
    Just when the family thought they were back on their feet, Kayleigh's mother, Carina, passed away. This hit them just as hard as losing Erik's parents. Peter was especially upset knowing he once had two grandmas and now he had none. Jamison also asked when they were going to get out of this Dead Zone. They had also lost three of their six chickens. The kids spent a couple of days off of school. The funeral was held on Thursday, and everyone came back to Erik and Kayleigh's house for the Mercy Meal. A few more chickens died, and the family bought three chicks and two more grown hens to keep their supply of eggs going. Erik licensed another song, and it was immediately nominated for Best Song. Life goes on. (I really, really want out of this Dead Zone, too!) Yikes.
  • Options
    Erik had been training his horses by having them both practice with the barrels. Luckily for him, just outside of his fencing was a second set of barrels. Often, he'd set them to practicing at the same time. Both were doing well, but Shadowfax proved himself more ready. On a trip to Little Appaloosa Erik's intention was to register his stallion for additional training, but he read the notice on the board that there was a Beginner's Barrel race and signed up. to his complete surprise and delight, they took second place. Energized by such a showing having never competed prior, Erik brought his horse back home. On Friday evening the sweltering heat cooled enough for Erik to give his horse an intense practice on the barrel race. He also took a bit of time working out on his own apparatus, practicing his martial arts.

On Saturday, the two returned to Little Appaloosa and signed-up for the Intermediate Barrel Races. This time they took the gold! Met by a handful of PA paparazzi outside of his gate upon his return, he gave a quick interview to one of them. Feeling lighter than he had in the past week and a half, when his head hit the pillow that evening, he fell asleep quickly, feeling renewed.
  • Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 337 Member
    edited October 2023
    @SilentKitty

The cc rock climbing rocks are really cool! I'm about to download them. I rarely have my sims do rock climbing, other than the treadmill climbing thing from fitness stuff. I'll probably do it more with these rocks, now.

@GalacticGal

Glad to see Erik had a good day. He and his family have had a rough time lately.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    Technically yesterday’s session but…I played both of my saves. First Nia and Javier, absolutely nothing happened. They got new appliances from the new pack.

In my Dirk Dreamer/ Chaya Locke save they are now three days away from their wedding so now that save is on hold for next 72 years 😩
  • Options
    MrPlumbob wrote: »
    @SilentKitty

The cc rock climbing rocks are really cool! I'm about to download them. I rarely have my sims do rock climbing, other than the treadmill climbing thing from fitness stuff. I'll probably do it more with these rocks, now.

@GalacticGal

Glad to see Erik had a good day. He and his family have had a rough time lately.

Thank you. I played holding my breath a lot. LOL I sometimes fear I'm too attached to my Simmies. ;)
  • Options
    Another single sim.

10-06-23-4-06-37-AM.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top