Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Home Chef Hustle Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    As usual, I wish there were more cas for men in here. Still, a nice array of items. Let’s face it, though, I’m mostly excited about the bb. I can’t wait to build a new kitchen with it!

I’m just torn on whether to wait a few days before buying to assess bug reports and my mod situation. I’m trying to convince myself that not much in a pack focused on cooking could break the game since cooking isn’t new and I don’t have any cooking mods. And yesterday’s patch seems OK in my game…
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Pizza recipes.

SDBIrhU.png

AKEbp83.png

vj8K6gh.png

D1RAc8f.png

#EA Creator Network
  • Options
    Stand mixer prep ingredients.

kYgO65X.png

3aQVKI4.png

• Options
    Waffle recipes

G8PgsI8.png

tJPZPOe.png

0ive8Ig.png
  • Options
    Interactions for Nonna's Cookbook.

TIicN4z.png
  • Options
    Cooking pizza

ZsKuizZ.png

xkydD8I.png

Hr8JJgd.png

Pizza is ready when the fire goes out.

hZgBayg.png

Collect meal places the pizza in your inventory.

JqHN39e.png

AMi3A6g.png

If serve meal is selected sim places pizza on a counter.

38aQVAc.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Interactions for Nonna's Cookbook.

TIicN4z.png

Omg. It's functional. That is a nice little detail. :)
  • Options
    Stand mixer interactions.

Prep ingredients.

YMuEETS.png

Adding ingredients for batter.
    qw80E8W.png

Multitasking.
    My sim stood at the stand mixer the entire time. She even ate a slice of pizza from her inventory.

UB4TIBJ.png

Collect ingredients.

Lxo6G2s.png

Collected ingredients.

mLC4rS3.png

Prepped ingredients go into inventory.
    Put in fridge to be used for recipes.

UiQHIfN.png
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Waffle Maker Interactions

rRBGnzs.png

With or without prepared batter.

74r9OKR.png

h1YT8PG.png

Adding prepared batter.

XXCi7HW.png

Waffle maker beeps and green light flashes when waffle is ready.

k2dFWeb.png

mymQukM.png

Steaming hot waffle.

ZJ2mAtp.png

Waffle options.

pGGniMO.png

Edit to add: Julianna stood at the waffle maker the entire time.

• Options
    Kids can operate a food stall.

WjoIIKr.png

0w0aNdO.png
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Kids can operate a food stall.

WjoIIKr.png

0w0aNdO.png

Yay for the option to sell lemonade with this food stall as well! <3
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Does the food mixer shorten general cooking times? So, say if you were making a fruit salad, would the sim mix it with that instead of in a bowl?
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    Has anyone tried if you can add all those in Restaurant menu too?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Does the food mixer shorten general cooking times? So, say if you were making a fruit salad, would the sim mix it with that instead of in a bowl?

My understanding is that it shortens the cooking time by using the prepped ingredients that you make with the food mixer. So you first make the prepped ingredients and then every time you cook, if you use them, it takes less time.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    @simgirl1010 those recipes making me hungry. Nonna's cookbook is so cute- that's like Grannies cookbook! My grannies cookbook mod is broken so I had to take it out. 😕

I am curious what the magic and transform interactions with the appliances are about.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 those recipes making me hungry. Nonna's cookbook is so cute- that's like Grannies cookbook! My grannies cookbook mod is broken so I had to take it out. 😕

I am curious what the magic and transform interactions with the appliances are about.

Transform is from the SimRay object in the sims' inventory. It's from the science career. Magic I assume it's from being a spellcaster.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    When I heard the word "hustle" in the pack name, I basically decided it wasn't for me, since it sounded like another gig-based or side-hustle type career like the ones in Paranormal, Dream Home Decorator and High School Years. All careers riddled with bugs which I never ever use. There's a lot more to like in Paranormal and High School Years even if you don't use the careers, but not in Dream Home Decorator, and I didn't want another pack that seemed like it would be based around such a career.

But! It looks like the "hustle" is not a career or gig thing, but based around a more developed version of the sales tables! I love the sales tables from City Living and Eco Lifestyle and have used them for many characters. They work great. The only issue is sometimes they don't attract customers when placed on park lots, but it's easy enough to set them up on neighborhood terrain just outside the park lot where it will work. I even had my Unlucky Chef character, Kevin Nomnom, regularly sell tiramisu and sushi off a sales table at 200% markup while he was working on his skills. :)

If it seems from people's reports that the food stall works as well as the sales tables, I'm definitely in!

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited September 2023
    Pizza recipes.

SDBIrhU.png

AKEbp83.png

vj8K6gh.png

D1RAc8f.png

#EA Creator Network

Where's my Plasma pizza? :<

I'm surprised there was no meatlover's pizza for sims and werewolves.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited September 2023
    Thus far, things look pretty all right for this pack.

CAS is pretty weak through. Other than a few hairstyles and some aprons, nothing really too interesting. Build/buy looks decent especially for the kitchen.

Feels like something that would have fit in very well in an extension to GTW. Definitely would have loved the pack more if this was in it. Wish there was a smaller stall for children to use since it's on the big size when kids use it. (Glad kids can use it though).

But looking at a few videos seems like it works as intended. Might make for making a good home movie theater for other sims to come eat popcorn and watch movies.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Pizza recipes.

SDBIrhU.png

AKEbp83.png

vj8K6gh.png

D1RAc8f.png

#EA Creator Network

I hope the new pizzas are also available when ordering a delivery via the phone.
  • Options
    This wasn't my experience but I can see the advantages. Maybe set the table, go to the bathroom, etc.