Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Challenger: Chris Harper - Hidden Springs

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2023

Yeah @Tamijo ... The Challenge is really kind of a mix of story and challenge.
    You try to "get to know" the Sim you will be putting into your game.

You definitely want to achieve the challenge goals, but also explore the Sims' wants and activities.
    You build in habits that go along with their traits and you roll with the punches so to say.

Sometimes ... It has happened in my past challenges ... A Sim will not make it through the challenge.
    Most of the time that is because their "story" becomes greater than their challenge and they earn their own "save",

53168496829_5af693afd4_k.jpg

Also ... Some Sims may figure out things that give them an advantage.
    It's not cheating because you as a player don't have to do anything the game doesn't freely allow.

For instance, the challenge requires Level 10 Fishing and Catching a Deathfish to make Ambrosia at the end.
    Deathfish increase in value the more you catch ... And a Sim gains the ability to "Stock a Pond" at Level 7 or 8 Fishing Skill.
    If you don't immediately sell 10 of the Deathfish you catch in the Cemetary you can stock them in any pond anywhere on the map.

You need Anglefish to catch Deathfish ... But you can stock them in the same pond too if you have 10.
    You can catch stocked Deathfish any time a day ... Buy Alley Catfish at the Grocery Store ...
    To catch the Anglefish you have stocked for bait.

As the quality of the bait increases ... The Quality of the fish you catch increases.
    Right now ... Chris can catch 20,000 Simoleons of Deathfish in the park behind his campsite in about 7 hours.

After working in his garden in the morning ... And catching some fish for a nice profit ...
    He can spend the next day Painting, going to a party, hanging out with friends or whatever.
    It's all time management and figuring out better ways to do things and have fun doing them.

Anyway ... Thanks for dropping by and commenting.
    Happy Simming and Good Luck with Your Games!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options

53171350880_53c8c042f9_k.jpg

112 Day Challenge Final Update: Chris Harper
    Spring came and Chris battled both the snow and relentless rain as usual.

He did relax more ... Compounded his investments ... And had more fun than he had been.
    Chris spent a good portion of his time in the garden when weather allowed or painting at Condignment Shop.

53171347705_22a11ac12d_k.jpg

53170324322_d2b440d44e_k.jpg

Unlike other Challengers ... He donated his art ... Mostly to the Library and especially the children's area.
    He also gave away all his first copy books instead of selling them.

53171398813_0f3c7b5007_k.jpg

53170912026_1dd116804f_k.jpg

Chris did manage to go to the Spring Festival where he got awarded King of the Spring Dance.
    I also earned that achievement badge for the first time ... :D

53171108969_05dbf5f813_k.jpg

He met all the Challenge Requirements ... And made over 3.4 million Simoleons in the process.
    There's too many to type so I took screenshots of the statistics.

Chris Maxed Out 3 Careers ... All Self-Employed:

53170910766_0123373b7e.jpg

Hit All His Finacial Goals:
    He sold everything and when asked about it, he responded ...
    "There's nothing I did or got in the Challenge I cannot get again ... But I am keeping the money" ... :D

53170910886_9fcbf2f96d.jpg

Skills Wise ...
    Chris can pretty much do whatever he wants.

53171107059_11de15bf9c_c.jpg

To close the Challenge ... Chris just happened to be invited to a party at Hector's House that Saturday Evening.
    He made the customary Key Lime Pie for everyone else ... Then Ambrosia for himself.

53171109449_0aec977d0b_k.jpg

53171348225_30c7eae01c_k.jpg

He then jogged home ... Slept the night ... And sold everything remaining the next morning.
    When he gets put into a town later ... He still will still get two weeks of Royalties from the books at 162k Simoleons a week.

53170326322_94c3c40f30_k.jpg

Happy Simming and Good Luck in Your Challenges and Endeavors ... <3

• Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    edited September 2023
    @BlackSand
    Great finish! I didn't know that a Sim stored in the library (bin) would continue to get royalties in a new game. That's cool!
  • Options
    texansky wrote: »
    @BlackSand
    Great finish! I didn't know that a Sim stored in the library (bin) would continue to get royalties in a new game. That's cool!

Well ... Chris didn't break any records but didn't have a stressful time either ... :D
    I didn't know that about the royalties either until I loaded a writer due royalties into the game and they came in auto on Sunday.

Time to think about a story for a bit and maybe do some building.
    I have a story in mind, just don't know where I want to set it.
    Either Dragon Valley, Monte Vista or Paradise Island ... I have cleaned up all those worlds ... :D

Happy Simming!

• Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Chris's achievements are very impressive, that's a very satisfying ending!