Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Decorating Hacks!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer Lol! :lol: There are times where I am lazy and just do that as well. ;)

@jillbg Hey there lady! ;):kissing_heart:

@ks0 Sweet! I always hated that the blinds would clip into the windows and wall like that! Do you have a link to that mod pretty please? ;)

@Michael_Pattrick Genius to both of those hacks! :star: I use one of the wall lights that looks like a stove hood range above the ovens in my sim's kitchens to create that look as well. I might have to show a picture of that later. ;) I'm really glad that cabinet doesn't interfere with the functioning of the fridge. 👍🏻 I was kinda sad that EA didn't provide shorter, overhead cabinets to be placed above the fridge, though I know many modders have.

Thanks for the tips y'all! Keep them coming! :smiley:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Michael_PattrickMichael_Pattrick Posts: 31 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    @Michael_Pattrick Genius to both of those hacks! :star: I use one of the wall lights that looks like a stove hood range above the ovens in my sim's kitchens to create that look as well. I might have to show a picture of that later. ;) I'm really glad that cabinet doesn't interfere with the functioning of the fridge. 👍🏻 I was kinda sad that EA didn't provide shorter, overhead cabinets to be placed above the fridge, though I know many modders have.

Yes! I would love to see which light you're talking about and see how it looks. :smile: Would love to diversify my stove hood options. :p

I agree about the lack of shorter overhead cabinets. It literally took until the final expansion lol! It also bugs me how off the overhead cabinet proportions are - the country-fried overhead counters I think have the best size/proportion to Sims and how big overhead cabinets generall are in real-life, but of course it's only one of the overhead cabinet options out of everything else provided.

• Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Michael_Pattrick , I'm a little late into this conversation but I think this is the light @emorrill mentioned, and if I remember correctly it comes from Pets. I also use it all the time!

aZRSGpe.jpgNq29Qrc.jpg

There is also a beautiful stove hood available in the Store - the Grapes of Nectary stove hood - but it only looks good in a kitchen decorated in that style. The one from Pets is more neutral.

https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:38079
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited July 2023
    This is what I meant by "Nikkei_Simmer's Decorating Atrocities". Here's one from start to finish. :mrgreen:
    https://youtu.be/v1CqQvJ2M4c
    Told you I wasn't great at interior decorating.

I gotta also work on my OBS Capture settings. ~sigh~ the lag is incredible.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    I have recently started placing shelves in front of windows to make it look like my sims are keeping small decorative objects on the windowsill.

lGw6x6z.jpg

I9sBcDT.jpg
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

@Nikkei_Simmer
    I've built houses like the one in your video. On the other hand, I've also built more complex homes while my Sims stand out by the mailbox in the rain watching the construction. My homes tend to always turn out looking the same, as I build for playability rather than aesthetics.

I have no decorating hacks because I don't like a lot of clutter taking up space in my game saves. Does that make me a bad Watcher?

My latest rags-to-riches home (Ultimate Legacy Challenge) started out as a 3x3 room with a sleeping bag on the floor and a cheap chair to sit in. The 1x3 bathroom had a toilet and the It's Not Gross public shower. No kitchen (she ate apples, quick meals at the fire station, or raided picnics in the park), therefore she didn't need a sink either.

Exterior:
    3x4-exterior.jpg

Interior:
    3x4-interior.jpg

Land: §1,000 to "buy" the land per the Ultimate challenge rules
    Building: §1,950
    Sleeping bag: §100
    Bookshelf and chair §165
    Total cost: §3,215

Prior to this home, she slept on the ground in a sleeping bag or at the fire station.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    @texansky, Nah...I prefer building for ease-of-movement for my sims, so that's why you might see gigantic mansions with my Sims builds, but essentially...very little clutter. Nice large open space rooms so that they can go in and out easily without running into routing problems.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @PalmArrow Your idea is great - I just love clutter in my game!
    screenshot-32.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

@Nikkei_Simmer
    I only play cramped spaces when I am doing rags-to-riches challenges, but as soon as they are able to expand, I'm like you. I enjoy my space and don't have to worry about them complaining about routing issues. The only time I get routing issues on my lots is when they want to play in the garden sprinklers. :lol:
  • Options
    jillbg wrote: »
    @PalmArrow Your idea is great - I just love clutter in my game!
    screenshot-32.jpg

Thank you very much, @jillbg ! I love clutter too!