Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has Horse Ranch expanded your gameplay?

nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
Topic.

Has Horse Ranch improved/expanded your overall gameplay?

If so, how?

Comments

• Options
    Adria22Adria22 Posts: 16 Member
    Yes it did. I love farming with cottage living and now I can add horses and mini sheeps/goats to that. I also like the world better than Henford. But definitely should be cheaper.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Now I can have a proper farm, with all the animals! It doesn't get any better than this, um, well with a pig or two thrown in might make it totally dynamite! :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited August 2023
    Not sure yet if I'll play a lot with horses in the future. I love animals, but somehow the cats and dogs did not find their permanent way in my households.
    I like the chicken, bunnies and llama (and dust bunnies!) better.
    And I'm sure we can't and won't live without goats anymore ^^'
    This is my highlight of the pack. The world is boring and I won't use nectar making often.
    What I do like is that I can use a few of the furniture in other vintage builds.
    Since western theme is just not my thing at all I won't use the rest of the BB and CAS.
    And I really hope I can make the townies stop to do this cowpoke dance anywhere. That's so annoying and just doesn't fit in other worlds.

8aea720c2e7552c75fba2b6c134bb341c159f732.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    MelkouneliMelkouneli Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm still trying it out but I will use horses for a lot of my families because I love them and I also love having a farm with all the animals!
  • Options
    Whitedove52355Whitedove52355 Posts: 34 Member
    Yes. I now have a nectar shop in Tartosa. Put mini goats, sheep and a horse in my cottage living save. I prefer Henford-on-Bagley over Chestnut Ridge.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Yes. I loved horses in Sims3, but sadly, once again, they are tied to slots in a household. I have recently decided to start, anew, my Ancestral save. It's set in the 18th century and having the mini goats and sheep is absolutely spot on. (Stop and think about how the early Settlers brought their farm animals to the new world on a ship. Diminutive versions.) Makes the farm more of a farm. I'm now torn between my Main Save, which is my Rock Star save, and playing this new ancestral save. I tend to bob back and forth. I'm only writing about my Rock Star at the moment, though. And being able to have my Sims make juice is also fun.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Not yet. I'm currently doing an ISBI-like challenge so I'll have to start a new game to build a ranch.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    7skeletons7skeletons Posts: 33 Member
    The build items are a huge game changer for me because the vintage stuff fits perfectly with my building style, and I love the CAS items, but gameplay wise... not at all sadly. Probably wouldn't buy it again if the build and CAS stuff wasn't so perfect :/
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I guess it depends on what you mean by "expand".

Does it have a brand-new system? Yes, obviously, horses.

Has it increased my interest in the game and pulled me back into playing? Yes, it definitely has.

Will I use features of the pack in every world? Yes, I have and will.

Will I use the features of the pack in every household: No, of course not. But between the horses, the nectar, and the goats/sheep... used either on the home lot or for vacation activities... I will probably use features of the pack in roughly 15-20% of my households. (Much higher if you count only drinking nectar, but not making it).

That's pretty good. For comparison, Seasons affects 100% of my households, of course. Packs like Dine Out, Get Together, or Spa Day, affect around 80% of my households. Cottage Living is 75%, maybe 80% if you factor in the simple living lot trait. Growing Together is probably going to be pretty integral for me going forward, as well. Eco Living affects around 30% of my households. But at the other end of the spectrum, I only use Jungle Adventure, as much as I love it, for around 10 or 15% of my households; similarly, I am very glad to have Snowy Escape, but it's probably more like 5% of my households who use it. High School Years is also fairly low. Strangerville is probably down around 3% or fewer. (This all applies to actual gameplay, not CAS or B/B decor.)

So in terms of the number of my households who will use Horse Ranch Gameplay, the pack is probably slightly below the median for me. But in terms of level of enjoyment, it's a bit higher than that.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2023
    Absolutely! 😁😁😁
    Kind of in every way because I include horses in every aspect of sims lives. They are now primary forms of transportation wherever my sims go and friends of the family.
    Having more animals like the goats and sheep are fun just to have around even though I don't use farms that much.
    The world is my current favorite to play in and I love all the rustic wood b/b and cowboy theme.
    The new pack expanded my stories that I enjoy playing out and now when I do my apocalyptic play throughs again in the future I have horses to set the walking dead vibe 😎
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yup.
    I have a Pinky horse, Unicorn horse,
    Unicorn Fairy horse, Alien horse,
    Blonde & Brownie horses.🥰
    I’m now trying to figure out how to make 2 dark Vamp horses for my Goth Western Vamp couple.🧛🏻🧛🏻‍♀️🐎🐎
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Not so much. Someone decided to buy it for me as I had zip interest in the pack other than build/buy and some CAS.
    If you have a sim that has a farm then, yeah it adds to the whole aesthetic of farm life, especially if you have Cottage Living as well, but nothing really significant to me than another pet/family member that can independently take care of itself for the most part without you and can help net you money in competitions. No cross pack with vet career with horses or unique interactions with cats and dogs.

Community job board pretty disappointing as I thought there'd be more variety.

There's so few worlds where it'd feel natural to be wandering about and riding with a horse openly. Makes me feel I'm restricted to this one and just some select ones.

Enjoyed nectar making with varying flavors, but feel like it's almost too lucrative? (or feels more unbalanced) or just feel like there should be more time for more aging. Human sims can't make plasma nectar sadly and you won't find nectars as a option in restaurants at all. I do appreciate drinking too much nectar can make your sim pass out.

Fake unicorns only aesthetic here. :'(

Funny yet, weird the expensive black sheep will net you more worth in money than the Llama from cottage living when shaved. Mini goats and sheep are pretty cute, but they're really just another version of cows and llamas, except they can roam on their own.

Wish there was a mech bull for the pack.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited September 2023
    Yes, I already have a couple of single people with horses, one living in the green area of Chestnut Ridge, the other in Copperdale, One of them will be breeding horses, and entering contests for sure. I also just moved a family out of apartments and put them in an adobe house on the 40x50 lot on Chestnut Ridge. They just need to make a little more money to make a barn for the horse. My teacher will also be teaching riding lessons! I also plan on giving my Henford on Bagley couple at the least one horse, Probably 2. I don’t think they will be doing any riding contests like the others, but the area they live in, in Henford on Bagley is so large that the horses will help them get around faster, meaning more time for farm chores. One of my families in San Sequoia that has a toddler will be getting a goat ( as a pet ). I also think the western couple in strangerville need a couple of horses, though I don’t plan to permanently add them to my rotational play. The ranch pack has expanded my game play considerably, and, the game play has only just begun. I would love more animals. Some birds, snakes, lizards, things like that ( tied into the parenthood pack ), that could be kept in the house.

I think there are a lot of worlds where horses would fit in fine., Windenburg, Henford on Bagley, Sulani, and Brindleton Bay have huge areas. Copperdale too has explorable areas. San Sequoia, Mt. Komrebi, and Granite falls have good size walking paths where horses could be ridden. I even took a horse to Geek Con in San Myshuno once. I saw pictures of someone taking their horse to the magic realm. Even forgotten hollow has paths. Strangerville is another area that horses would fit right in, and Newcrest has explorable areas. Even the park in Oasis springs has explorable areas around it. Horses sure get your sims places faster, they are great transportation, as well as money-making, fun, and companionship. Horses, can go just about anywhere except apartments, Swimming, and up stairs. Mini goats and mini lambs make great pets for children and toddlers. I’m always looking for more pets.

I think Horse ranch ties in so well with other packs. I have been wanting to make a jail and a bank, but just couldn’t figure where I could fit them in. I finally found a place with Chestnut Ridge. Perfect for a little Jail and bank, especially since I moved my detective chief there ( from Get to Work ). And the bunny tree stump ( from Cottage living ) fits perfectly there too, in front of the jail. There were 3 bunnies there last time I took someone there.

I read somewhere that the caverns in Chestnut Ridge has a billion levels! I’m not one that really likes rabbit holes, but in that instance I think it could actually be fun.

Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yup it sure has. B) I love Horse Ranch, it so goes perfectly with my Get Together & Cottage Living. :p I so love historical play. ;)
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Yup it sure has. B) I love Horse Ranch, it so goes perfectly with my Get Together & Cottage Living. :p I so love historical play. ;)

This. I couldn't say it better myself.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options

I was a bit unsure if horses would make it permanently into our gameplay since neither cats nor dogs did.
    So we have a loophole in the story should they not move with the Boys.
    But they are still with us. Greg even drove some of his cars out of the garage of the Bunker to make space for Tyalindo, Lunatic and the goats 🐎🐐

32a0279f9d77506dc56d5c5d38792a1fb91c4f7f.jpg
    c76b69ef961a86f3fa6dc90082c5fdbf1a782d84.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    Topic.

Has Horse Ranch improved/expanded your overall gameplay?

If so, how?

yes, incredibly so. While I can not pull myself away from the families in the new world, I do also love to explore how it has effected other worlds in someway. Worlds I have edit since are Hendford-on Bagley. Windenberg, Glimmerbrook, Granite Falls, Tartosa, Oasis Springs, Brindleton Bay, last but not least I will be working on Moonwood Mill. I have yet to update my grandma's house in San Myshuno with the old fashion paneling some old furnishings she always had. I have to pay her a visit!

Horses, Nectarmaking, build buy selectio and mini sheep and goats have added new depth to my gameplay. Love it immensely.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    My gameplay has increased exponentially, since almost all my sims have mini goats and sheep...they are so darn cute! It's a plus that I have so many stitchers and knitters, lol. One sim is on her way to becoming a nectar making guru.

I really love the horses, but only 2 of my sims have them, and they are a couple who are going to start a horse breeding business.

I love, love the b/b for this pack and use a lot of it in decor for other homes in Oasis Springs, Brindleton Bay, Henford and of course, Chestnut Ridge. Heck, I never liked Cats and Dogs but after Horse Ranch, I have a couple of sims who own cats...who would have thought, lol. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes, but interestingly the small animals and nectar-making are way more important than the horses
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    It's good for my farmers, and I guess I can make sims who focus more on just the horses. But I can only really use them on big lots, which the game is lacking in. So I can only use horses for a small subsection of a small subsection of my gameplay.

Horses themselves are neat, and I like training them. But outside of training and riding, they're just cute. They don't do much.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @Gordy I agree we needed larger lots in this pack. Was hoping to at least have a few 40x50 as well as the larger ones we have as a farm/ranch needs a lot of room. However, I have managed to build smaller homes and barns with room of a cow or llama, chickens and 1 or 2 horses on the 20x30 and 30x30 lot, without using MOO except for decorative flowers. I have played in both, and it is small but works fine. My sims spend most of the time outdoors working with horses, taking care of their animals and gardening, so a smaller home is not a problem for them. Do still wish for the larger lots though.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    For me, not yet. I am disappointed that more wasn't put into nectar making. Not being able to host a tasting or have sims drink together seems like a big oversight. I really hope they update this in the future.

I haven't played with horses much yet, I'm still trying to decide the best way to incorporate them into my regular gameplay. I wish there was an easier way for my sims to have horses in a stable that they can go to without needing to have the horses on the main lot.

The world is beautiful.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @MichelleW
    MichelleW wrote: »

I haven't played with horses much yet, I'm still trying to decide the best way to incorporate them into my regular gameplay. I wish there was an easier way for my sims to have horses in a stable that they can go to without needing to have the horses on the main lot.

You can totally do that. We are a household of 6 Sims so there is no way (except mods) all of them can have their horses on the lot.
    So the horses live in their stable with a Sim who takes care of them.
    99b5d276c4bd3cb654cb9802f656ffab524b1c0a.jpg

And when we need the horses we call them over from the social menu (in the pets tab).
    9b432a74513ed5bc21cee5a845e20452a0c77e97.jpg

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Immediately after buying it, yes, because I only played with households that had horses for a while.

But my excitement for the bigger animals has since worn off a little, and I find that the pack's other, smaller features are much easier to integrate into my sims' everyday lives. Want your sim to be a Lady of the Knits using her own harvested wool, but don't have the time or space to accommodate a llama? Fine, give her a couple of differently coloured sheep and a hay rack, problem solved. Goats are also a welcome change from cows which tend to give way more milk than I'll ever need in addition to taking up a lot of space and being touchy at times. I still wish the goats were bigger, though.

Haven't really done much with nectar making, the few times I dabbled with it, the resulting nectar never aged, and I'm still not sure if that's a bug or it's really supposed to take forever. But I'm planning on experimenting more with that soon.
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    Absolutely since I love horses and also farming gameplay (although not all of my Sims will own horses, but I'm quite excited to play with them again). I also really like the BB and use it a lot, even in more modern houses.
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.