Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Hope your horses stay safe @Haflinger!
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    edited July 2023
    Edit: Sorry didn't see the Q&A post.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Turned one of my sims into a space cowboy...

WG6DKyO.png
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    My sim is still learning to ride her horse. She took the horse for a ride round Galloping Gulch.

dQNPnKY.png

Love the neighbourhood, it's so pretty.

3pMZgIn.png

She found a fishing spot and stopped to do some fishing while the horse ate some grass and took a nap. The horse earned a skill point in endurance ride by the time they got there, probably because it was a rather long ride.

CBWdNcW.png

y22i5ed.png

They returned late at night.

wJUwl3p.png

On the way back, for some reason the horse kept trying to buck her off.

AfoSL6G.png

But she surprisingly hold on and managed to get home without falling off her horse. Bad horsey!

IFLa18T.png

Here's the horsey in his backyard. You can hear coyotes howling at night so I'm thinking of getting a barn dog too.

PBqM9z0.png
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    I'm obsessed with the clicking sound the sheep's feet make when it stomps on the ground lol.
    Sims has so many amazing detailed sounds in it overall if you listen with high volume or earphones.

just noticed today when one of my sims was riding a bicycle around the new world and rode over a wooden bridge, the sound of the bike tires changed compared to the sound of riding on the sandy path and I was super impressed with that attention to detail. Honestly it is the little things like that that make me fall in love with the game.
  • Options
    Phoenix lights, anyone?

FL7v6er.png

To match my space cowboy!
    Ok. Now I'm even more convinced that there's going to be a space themed pack...
  • Options
    =I was less than excited for this EP and skeptical as to how much it might add to my gameplay but I'm off sick this week and have plenty of time so I decided to check it out. So I've only had it for a couple of days now and all I can say is it's lucky I am sick at the moment because I can't tear myself away from my game. I haven't slept. I am having so much fun in Chestnut Ridge and I am in love with all the pre-mades so I am playing them all rotational including a few other families I have added in to fill up the empty lots (including the town vet, a country music star and a rags to riches type family on a large ranch) and I am having a blast. That's all I have time to say right now because it is currently 7am and I've been up all night playing and now I just need to have a little nap before I get back into it. Happy simming all!
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited July 2023

Omg I really love how they started to drop these official Sims 4 DLC soundtracks to Spotify! <3
    Still wish we could get some of the missing Sims 1 soundtracks on Spotify too, especially Superstar and Makin Magic <3
    Post edited by ULIBABA66 on
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited July 2023
    I just purchased HR. Downloading it now. o:)

qJ1bw9y.png

(I tried to share a photo but not sure if it worked.)

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Haha he knows he looks good @GracieO312
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    WG6DKyO.png

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2023
    Never imagined that running a ranch and having horses would be so entertaining and fun. Currently, I only have two horses, Onyx and Chicory. Trying to get my Sims' riding skills, horse relationship and horse skills up before I add a mini goat and mini sheep to the ranch.

Chayton's and Savannah's main source of income will be selling Nectar; so, I've been working on increasing her skill in that and both their gardening skills before they run out of money.

After a long and exhausting work day on the ranch, Chayton and Savannah enjoy a nice dinner with some delicious grape Nectar.
    Relaxing-Dinner-for-two.png

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Another thing that I like is that when my Sims go to sleep, their horses also hit the hay.
    Onyx and Chicory sound asleep.
    Onyx-and-Chicory-Sleeping.png
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Haha he knows he looks good @GracieO312
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    WG6DKyO.png

Reno the Rayslinger. He’s got the fastest draw on the Ridge.
  • Options

These leggings from Growing Together look a lot like jodhpurs
    9eedb5r.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @kokoro80 that outfit looks fab, is the helmet cc?

I do wish they'd attached the stirrups to the saddle, I can't get past how ridiculous it looks.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Big thank you all for sharing the fun. My pc is supposed to be ready for me today 🤞 and I can't wait to start playing again.
    The timing of my video to die was terrible but at least soon I will be well upgraded and probably at my age this will be the last. (So I broke my savings and made it a good one. LOL ) What can I say. I am such a fan. <3
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    @elanorbreton thanks! the helmet is from the HR pack, I only wish there was a plain black swatch with no pattern on the top like the classic riding helmet
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @kokoro80 I didn't realise there was one with the pack, but what a pity about the plain black.

@Bluegayle at last! I hope you have (hay) stacks of fun with it xx
  • Options
    spooksalotspooksalot Posts: 4 New Member
    I have not purchased horse ranch yet (Im going to later in the day) but I am SO excited to make my own ranch!! Im very excited about the little gigs and OF COURSE the horses!!! Ive watched lots of youtubers and everything looks so pretty. Since I am not a horse person myself, I thought I wouldnt like it and wouldnt get it but... Low and behold I WANT IT BADLY!!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @spooksalot welcome to the forum! Please be sure to share your gameplay with us. 🙂
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @Bluegayle good luck! Fingers crossed that everything works. 🙂
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited July 2023
    LindaD2015 wrote: »
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 There is a video (I know there are many) on youtube to learn conversational Gaelic if you're interested. I tried but my memory won't allow me to retain the info. Personally, just learned in recent years that I'm about 50% Irish/English so suddenly I'm interested in all that is Irish.

@LindaD2015 Those online lessons are good alright, that's proper Gaelic. Or instead, I could spend some more time in the Gaeltacht, which are Irish speaking districts in Ireland (no English!). There's a Gaeltacht literally less than an hour from where I live, which I only visited once in my life, to order a pint of ...ehr..."fizz", would you believe it.

Alas, after I'd tried to order in Gaelic, the locals BEGGED me to ask whatever I wanted, in ENGLISH (rare); apparently I had ordered a substance that would kill me instantly. :D
    Can't blame them for not wanting to have to deal with this terribly dead fellow in their lovely pub- twas located in such a decent and quaint little village. If they had fulfilled my order in Gaelic, I'd still be haunting that place, literally, right now. I guess over here that would only attract more tourists, and I'd usually do anything for "The Greater Good", this time however...
    Anyway, to make a boringly short story even boringer and shorter, this was the day I gave up on learning proper Irish. The island is grateful.

Now, onto the next bit: If you're looking to learn "roguish" Irish , I could absolutely help out with that, no problem. No problem at all. I already know all the naughty words, unfortunately. Very easy to remember though! But - in my own defense- at least I can also say "thank you".
    Beautiful dress and I love how she's checking out his back side.

The dress is from Get Famous. GF has always been my least favourite EP, until I discovered that I just can't do without the awesome movie career CAS (and BB). Perfect for historical play.

Totally downloading this. I have your space ship build on my apartment roof 😂😂😂
    You're awesome!

Thank you @Babykittyjade
    I'm honoured!

I placed my Saloon on an apartment roof, just to test out would it work. I did this ESPECIALLY for you!
    Guess what?

It works like a farm! Just don't let your sim go anywhere near that water trough.😂

Saloon20stories.jpg

Here's what's his name, Sim Elliot. With his little friends.

Whatshisname.jpg

Watch out! Here comes Billy The Kid!

Billythekid.jpg

Next is The Karate Kid.
    The Karate Kid needs practice. Currently he's only able to do karate backwards.

Thekaratekid.jpg

And this little one here, is Android.

Sheep00.jpg

Android is Dreaming...

Sheep01.jpg

She's Dreaming of Electric Sheep.

Sheep02.jpg

PS:
    You can download the Saloon HERE

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 , Karate Kid is my absolute favorite <3 Needs skill to do karate backwards. :D:D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina