Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Horse ranch negative discussion.

Comments

• Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 723 Member
    french5029 wrote: »
    worst game I have bought, so many regrets, too many glitches

Thank you, this is what I'm looking for, just how glitchy and/or bugged the pack is. I may still buy it on sale, but before doing so I expect things like bugs and glitches to at least be somewhat fixed.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 333 Member
    I love this new pack, but its bugs me immensely that the new nectars and recipes (like bison stew and three sisters chilli) aren't available for restaurant menus. I really wanted to turn The Oak Barrel into fancy restaurant serving local foods and of course the new nectars.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 460 Member
    I don't understand why this dance isn't linked to the new Ranch radio station.

That would have been a good idea and my view is that it seems like a regrettable oversight.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    So, I agree that horses using a household slot is a letdown. It forces people to play small families or households. What if you have a family of three and you want them each to have their own horses? That's already six slots. Then you might want to breed horses, have ranch dogs or barn cats, have more kids, have the kid's spouse move in when they've grown up so they can inherit the ranch and have their own family and all pitch in to care for the animals. I feel like a real ranch has more than one horse plus other small animals here and there and enough people to care for them. Hopefully goats and sheep don't count for a slot. It doesn't look like they do.

So that leads me to wonder if Sims can ride together, as in, each on their own horse but traveling together. The trailer only showed single Sims riding alone. It also would have been awesome if two Sims could ride double on one horse. A child with an adult or a couple riding romantically.

But what really has my apprehension is, will Sims be on their phones while they ride? Will they be standing around playing games or using social media or browsing the web while horse poop accumulates and the beautiful world and horses live on without their attention? This is always the end problem for me that makes me hesitate about updating my game for a new expansion. There is no way to turn off the mobile phone use, not even with a lot trait. If you notice, the majority of game trailers always try to sell us this image of a pack that functions as presented, with Sims only focused on the new content, living this new theme dutifully and promising immersion.

But we all know what's really going to happen. The horses will get ignored for the computer or other electronics, Sims will be riding with their phones out, and poop will become a nuisance the Sims wander around complaining about until they enter a room with the new, nice decorations. I like the promise of the pack, but the reality is going to be different.

And please tell me they didn't leave out actual unicorns. There's still a chance, so I won't spill gloom on that just yet. I want a shiny, black, fierce unicorn with red, glowing eyes for my Vampires to ride. I also want a goat Familiar for my Spellcasters.

Jupp...

I am still on the werewolf-patch from way back when. I took one look at the social bunny from the High School pack and just skipped a year. One of the biggest issues for me in regards to going online and patching my game is the current phone-situation with sims. If I patch my game and try to buy this pack that I am interested in, will my game be turned into a phone-fest. First I have to research my mods to make sure that there is still a way to keeps the phones away otherwise it is better to just stay offline and play with my game as it is with mods and CC.

The world is very pretty and the horses seems to be fun. For my part I wish that the goats and lambs could have gotten more attention in the pack because I am much more interested in them than nectar. Oh well, we all like different things.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,913 Member
    ImSands wrote: »
    I love this new pack, but its bugs me immensely that the new nectars and recipes (like bison stew and three sisters chilli) aren't available for restaurant menus. I really wanted to turn The Oak Barrel into fancy restaurant serving local foods and of course the new nectars.

For what it's worth, I was really, really upset about the same thing with Island Living, for the new food stall foods we got with that pack, but eventually we did get them added as a restaurant option, though I believe it took about a year. So there's still hope, particularly if we keep bringing it up politely. Who knows, maybe they will even consider eventually adding the ingredients in an update.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,489 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    So, I agree that horses using a household slot is a letdown. It forces people to play small families or households. What if you have a family of three and you want them each to have their own horses? That's already six slots. Then you might want to breed horses, have ranch dogs or barn cats, have more kids, have the kid's spouse move in when they've grown up so they can inherit the ranch and have their own family and all pitch in to care for the animals. I feel like a real ranch has more than one horse plus other small animals here and there and enough people to care for them. Hopefully goats and sheep don't count for a slot. It doesn't look like they do.

So that leads me to wonder if Sims can ride together, as in, each on their own horse but traveling together. The trailer only showed single Sims riding alone. It also would have been awesome if two Sims could ride double on one horse. A child with an adult or a couple riding romantically.

But what really has my apprehension is, will Sims be on their phones while they ride? Will they be standing around playing games or using social media or browsing the web while horse poop accumulates and the beautiful world and horses live on without their attention? This is always the end problem for me that makes me hesitate about updating my game for a new expansion. There is no way to turn off the mobile phone use, not even with a lot trait. If you notice, the majority of game trailers always try to sell us this image of a pack that functions as presented, with Sims only focused on the new content, living this new theme dutifully and promising immersion.

But we all know what's really going to happen. The horses will get ignored for the computer or other electronics, Sims will be riding with their phones out, and poop will become a nuisance the Sims wander around complaining about until they enter a room with the new, nice decorations. I like the promise of the pack, but the reality is going to be different.

And please tell me they didn't leave out actual unicorns. There's still a chance, so I won't spill gloom on that just yet. I want a shiny, black, fierce unicorn with red, glowing eyes for my Vampires to ride. I also want a goat Familiar for my Spellcasters.

Jupp...

I am still on the werewolf-patch from way back when. I took one look at the social bunny from the High School pack and just skipped a year. One of the biggest issues for me in regards to going online and patching my game is the current phone-situation with sims. If I patch my game and try to buy this pack that I am interested in, will my game be turned into a phone-fest. First I have to research my mods to make sure that there is still a way to keeps the phones away otherwise it is better to just stay offline and play with my game as it is with mods and CC.

The world is very pretty and the horses seems to be fun. For my part I wish that the goats and lambs could have gotten more attention in the pack because I am much more interested in them than nectar. Oh well, we all like different things.

I finally updated but I use the no autonomous phone use by Bienchen and it works like a dream because, yes, the new phone idles and autonomy are horrendously invasive and we can no longer just click out of the action. I had to play for a few days without it until it was cleared for use by the creator and that was hellacious. There's other autonomy that's constant and horrible as well, like the water drinking and hand washing, so I use those mods by Bienchen as well.

I just can't with the phone use in this iteration. It's awful. Should have been optional from the beginning.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    Just had to rage quit - have played with and without mods - sim is red in hunger sitting on bed with full plate of food but will not eat - just sits there like a rock. Had to reset - went to the bathroom and just froze - would not wash hands or do anything else - just completely froze. Had to reset again.

Went to make nectar and the progress didn't move - he just kept stomping his feet on the grapes. Maxed nectar making but several hours of stomping and no progress - had to reset and scrap the batch. Tried again and the same result. Sold the nectar maker and tried again - give you one guess what happened.

Already reported on AHQ but if you are on the fence be forewarned that there are game breaking bugs.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Just had to rage quit - have played with and without mods - sim is red in hunger sitting on bed with full plate of food but will not eat - just sits there like a rock. Had to reset - went to the bathroom and just froze - would not wash hands or do anything else - just completely froze. Had to reset again.

Went to make nectar and the progress didn't move - he just kept stomping his feet on the grapes. Maxed nectar making but several hours of stomping and no progress - had to reset and scrap the batch. Tried again and the same result. Sold the nectar maker and tried again - give you one guess what happened.

Already reported on AHQ but if you are on the fence be forewarned that there are game breaking bugs.

I had all those bugs except for the food one. Did you me too here?
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/Sims-4-Horse-Ranch-clogged-tasks/m-p/12766059#M256902
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member

I had all those bugs except for the food one. Did you me too here?
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/Sims-4-Horse-Ranch-clogged-tasks/m-p/12766059#M256902

Just did!
  • Options
    KylaFoxeKylaFoxe Posts: 1 New Member
    We really need the ability to lead horses! Also the barrels really bother me, at least have them do a figure 8 pattern around the two but even better would be three barrels running the appropriate pattern. Also need a smaller form of entertainment to kick boredom for the horses. And in TS3 we could make jumping patterns! Why take that away?
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited July 2023
    Was I correct that Prairie Grass is only available if you use the lot trait? It annoys me that you can't just plant it yourself.
    The lack of harvestables in this pack is silly. You would think they could at least add wheat, so then you can make flour.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,892 Member
    It’s available in the build/buy catalog, so I think you can probably place a patch of prairie grass on any lot.
    bixters wrote: »
    Was I correct that Prairie Grass is only available if you use the lot trait? It annoys me that you can't just plant it yourself.
    The lack of harvestables in this pack is silly. You would think they could at least add wheat, so then you can make flour.

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    It’s available in the build/buy catalog, so I think you can probably place a patch of prairie grass on any lot.

Interesting. It's weird that you can't just plant and grow it yourself though.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,178 Member
    The animation for nectar making bugs me , sheer laziness instead of making a proper animation they just used the angry walk stomp , which looks totally ridiculous
  • Options
    MaryonahorseMaryonahorse Posts: 17 Member
    > @julienrob2004 said:
    > The animation for nectar making bugs me , sheer laziness instead of making a proper animation they just used the angry walk stomp , which looks totally ridiculous

Oh yeah I think you are absolutely right.. Especially the time it takes to get one bottle.. but not having the opportunity to buy it from a market stall or somthing.. the only way to get one is to harvest the prairie grass and find objects.. as for expample nectar bottles... not so happy about it
  • Options
    MaryonahorseMaryonahorse Posts: 17 Member
    > @KylaFoxe said:
    > We really need the ability to lead horses! Also the barrels really bother me, at least have them do a figure 8 pattern around the two but even better would be three barrels running the appropriate pattern. Also need a smaller form of entertainment to kick boredom for the horses. And in TS3 we could make jumping patterns! Why take that away?

Yeah that's so true. Are there any mods yet? We need the modders to fix this cruel game pack experience. But I think it won't b easy for them when there is no mash they can use and no ability to add some things to the game.
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 723 Member

Thank you. This has helped seal my decision to not buy the pack, even on sale, until these sorts of game breaking bugs are dealt with and resolved.

Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 460 Member
    Oh yeah I think you are absolutely right.. Especially the time it takes to get one bottle.. but not having the opportunity to buy it from a market stall or somthing.. the only way to get one is to harvest the prairie grass and find objects.. as for expample nectar bottles... not so happy about it

It would be nice if you could buy nectar at the grocery stall in Henford. Or order it as part of a grocery delivery.

Another regrettable oversight!
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited July 2023
    PandoraTO wrote: »

It would be nice if you could buy nectar at the grocery stall in Henford. Or order it as part of a grocery delivery.

It would have also been helpful if groceries from cottage living (flour, milk,...) were available at the shop in the horse ranch world. I can't test it myself because I don't have the pack yet but I assume this is not possible either.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,209 Member
    edited July 2023
    I haven't found a way to plant it, but I suppose if you have the lot trait and don't like the places where it grows, you can just move the grass somewhere else in Build Mode and pretend that you planted it there. I'll try that today.
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    It would have also been helpful if groceries from cottage living (flour, milk,...) were available at the shop in the horse ranch world.
    They are, actually. My sim living in the town area of Chestnut Ridge just bought them from that shop yesterday.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I haven't found a way to plant it, but I suppose if you have the lot trait and don't like the places where it grows, you can just move the grass somewhere else in Build Mode and pretend that you planted it there. I'll try that today.
    It would have also been helpful if groceries from cottage living (flour, milk,...) were available at the shop in the horse ranch world.
    They are, actually. My sim living in the town area of Chestnut Ridge just bought them from that shop yesterday.

Really? Wow, that is great news. Some pack integration I did not expect. I am pleasantly surprised. :)
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    The pack doesn't support spellcasters all that well. You can Scrubaroo mini animals, but not the horses or their beds. (Idk if you could Scrubaroo cats and dogs, but we should be able to.) With Cottage Living, you could instantly clean every animal and their home. Horses also can't become familiars.

So not only are unicorns just horses in cosplay, but even if you were willing to look past that and want your "unicorn" to be your familiar, thats a no go?
    Good grief just when I thought this pack couldn't get more disappointing.

All the more reason why Im asking for this pack for my birthday instead of buying it myself. Hopefully by then, there might be a mod or 2 for proper unicorn gameplay.
  • Options
    Whitedove52355Whitedove52355 Posts: 34 Member
    My positive thoughts on this pack have dissolved. My horse is glitching badly where my sim dismounts but the saddle doesn't remove so when the horse moves my sim floats beside it cause the game thinks she's still mounted. My sim also won't finish cooking. The animations seem to be there but no food shows on the cutting board and time stops. Never finishes cooking. I have to reset to get it to work. Happens a lot! Every action pauses and takes forever to do anything. It's just a mess and I have no CC or mods. :( I've checked the Me Too on the help forum so maybe they'll look into some of this. Very disappointed cause it started out really fun until all this happened.
  • Options
    PandoraTO wrote: »

It would have also been helpful if groceries from cottage living (flour, milk,...) were available at the shop in the horse ranch world. I can't test it myself because I don't have the pack yet but I assume this is not possible either.

Nope, flour, sugar, milk, eggs, the wrapped meats, and all kinds of produce are indeed available at the general store.
  • Options
    I think I've been fairly lucky with the cooking/eating glitches. I seem to have a milder version where my sim will fully cook the meal, bring it to the table, sit down... and then just sit there. However, she doesn't get stuck; if I click on the meal again, I can get her to eat it at that point. I just have to be careful about not queuing about additional actions until she finishes eating.