Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Horse Ranch Official Screenshot Thread

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
Suly suly,

If you've been following along in the countdown thread, you know that we're now less than 24 hours from baby goat pack Horse Ranch and I want to see all of your baby goats builds!

eugsbcvlttvr.png

Everyone knows the drill by now, BABY GOAT PICTURES BELOW PLEASE!
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I saw this picture on Twitter. What a beautiful horse.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    R0uJxIn.png
    nsZnMFN.png
    jzF9tgY.png
    Her name is Melissa.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Stunning pics @lemonella!
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    @simgirl1010 Thank you! :)
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited July 2023
    Meet Brendan, my current heir. He will be a young adult in 2 days and then move to Chestnut Ridge to find a husband & a horse.

Today it's Easter and Brendan bought some cool new clothes to visit his future hometown.

gZW2kni.png

He seems to be a natural talent with horses!

pJ8kLvz.png

The day is hot and Brendan wants to go swimming. He should have brought a bike to this giant place!

Cy08o4b.png

The waterfall is the most exciting swimming area in the whole game. Brendan, however, forgot to shave his back.

uuIyINq.png

Awww, that's great!

Y7FjqNv.png

Back to the local bar which is a real masterpiece and has for unknown reasons the very avant-garde classical radio station as preset music. Brendan is so hot and Veronika so cold!

km3A3RO.png

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Although I have a legacy family just about to move I couldn't resist doing a test run with a sim and a rescue which I am probably going to keep going in a save. I am head over hoofs in love with this pack already and I have barely touched the surface. Thank you so much from this old cowgirl <3
    zmNE0yf.png
    bndZqB9.png
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited July 2023
    The sun rises over New Appaloosa, Chestnut Ridge.
    63cfef7669ca02d92421032b8362fd1f00d560c8.png
    Post edited by ChuChuExpress on
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Playing around with vanilla.

Ken McLaughlin and his little mare, Flicka.

OxPHdDN.png

bPxeG2D.png

VDX0PHg.png

It's cute! I love how the horses move, they're very organic and mesh so well with the Sims 4 aesthetic. I'm glad to be able to do away with the not quite Maxis Match reskinned bicycles.

Getting a pretty good chuckle out of the stirrups. They're floating. Getting some flashbacks to Troy: Fall of a City where the Trojan herdsmen are riding horses with these big western sitrrups in the first 4 minutes of the movie, and my reaction was "Hale NAW" and I turned it off. But here, it's silly.

I didn't pay full price since I ordered through CDKeys. Satisfied. With the discount, I paid just $4 more than I spend buying a bale of hay for my horse. Worth it in my mind!
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    My goodness I love everything and I held off on watching more than a couple mins of anything so I am figuring it all out.
    6WgCYN5h.png
    Immediately on move on Princess decided to run away...the nerve, at least Gideon was chill.
    4JQkk0Dh.png
    She is still too cute and this is almost identical to the sims 3 animation, and I am all for it.
    Z9Wlz4zh.png
    Gideon is not having it, he then became scared but I'm not sure of what...I guess her...maybe the goat.
    5ONc4vSh.png
    I wonder if as a challenge you could do everything, the farming side of cottage living with all the animals and all of these with a cat and dog as well...I am not currently bold enough to try but I'm thinking about it.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2023
    Some screenies for @EA_Cade :)

NdFqLZt.png

YFPqS3L.png

9dJ3cVO.png

AUS002J.png

mURAdhN.png

osw2ioO.png

tV5jyJb.png

wlY1YsL.png
  • Options
    KMCHJK0.png

Flicka got spooked! That reminds me of my ride the other day when my gelding gave the ranch worker serious side eye because he was holding a shovel. Usually I don't think the pony would have cared, but he did sort of spook in place for a second. Can't say I blamed him, we weren't expecting anyone on that trail.

FZpXVFM.png

Mare with little goats. I wonder how my ranch owner would feel about me getting a goat for the pony, if the mini donkey plan doesn't work out.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Rags to riches time

AONAVC9.png
    Pretty sky

h53se63.png
    Fabian is a confident young adult. The son of two farmers, he was the golden child. He was handsome, talented at magic, good with animals, knew how to take care of plants, and had a naturally great singing voice. With all that confidence, of course he wanted to head to Chestnut Ridge and start his own ranch!

Hv8wgty.png
    And hit the local club!

QbM7reS.png
    He met a guy at the bar. One thing lead to another, and he had his First WooHoo in a bush outside.

AuzvCMu.png
    But today was an exciting night, and no way was he going to let the night end there. Though he didn't get to WooHoo with her, he had a nice, romantic conversation with Marissa Tracey.

BBTeykt.png
    Pretty sights

90qFoFp.png
    Thanks to harvesting prairie grass, he was able to afford a small shack on his property, AND a sleeping bag.

ZD2boue.png
    Hh5v2Cy.png
    But this is a Rags to Riches challenge, and he every simoleon counts. So he must rely on magic for his food.

fiXLpNm.png
    uofIF5j.png
    Missing hat animation? Or just a general gesture with an invisible hat, since they can't animate a sim taking off an actual hat? Considering all the visual glitches the patch brought, I'm not even sure.

8NoLzf3.png
    Pretty

Vq06EZJ.png
    More pretty
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    Playing around with vanilla. Ken McLaughlin and his little mare, Flicka.

bPxeG2D.png

Getting a pretty good chuckle out of the stirrups. They're floating.

Oh dear! That actually looks quite terrible (the stirrups, not your pic).
  • Options
    Giving Marshmallow a quick brush before she has to tend to all the little goats <3
    CJMJKOU.png
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Aimee arrived home from school to see her mum had rescued her a colt, Haze. He is friendly, needy and fearful. But she loves him. ynDzlcd.png
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    I love how when you have a good friendship with your little goat you can ask them to play dead and shout :)

0S5OZpM.png

iqfSSdU.png

My sim is feeling more confident on her horse now ;)

4cJ7RWq.png
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    The joys of launch day, when you realize you've still got that mod that makes custom poses for Sim thumbnail previews, and sees a horse and has no clue... :)

wrdSiwN.png

Funny, but I'm not really sure which mod that is or I might go turn it off.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    ^^That looks like the horse is demonstrating a yoga move none of her students have been able to do.
    EgaZPoqh.png
    I let my sim's daughter try out the family horse and it is cute the horses bend down like that to help them.
    DgA7nBGh.png
    He didn't even try to buck her off like he sometimes does to her father, canceling the ride after telling him to bring her home may have caused an issue.
    r0gl9mnh.png
    They got back he went to the bathroom, fine, but he still wasn't sleeping in his bed so I let her mom try and she was reset off, then her husband was. I took him into cas and changed his outfit and he was fixed, if that happens to anyone else with a family horse.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    EvvieSimmerEvvieSimmer Posts: 134 Member
    This pack is fantastic! 07-20-23_1-55-45-pm.png
    07-20-23_3-45-36-pm.png
  • Options
    Made another sim and her beloved horse from a childhood novel (and cheated her riding skill up some so we could go zoomies)

K0ADV3u.png

Those stirrups though, man. Killin me. 😂

I love this pack though. Hands down the pack I could get the most fun out of because I'm horse-crazy.