Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Today: Available Now

Comments

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Ok, looking into tuning files, it seems like Neighborhood Story feature can have other households adopt horses. So be ready for that.

I can already see random townies living in an appartment adopting 7 horses in a row. Well, actually I won't see it in my game as I have neighborhood stories disabled.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited July 2023
    While I don’t care about painted ceilings, personally, I love the new hairstyles & some of the bugs that I’m experiencing were supposedly fixed!
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    is ayone having issues downloading the patch it wont for me normally i have no issues
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

I can already see random townies living in an appartment adopting 7 horses in a row. Well, actually I won't see it in my game as I have neighborhood stories disabled.

I have it disabled too. But for that I might try for giggles :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Ok, looking into tuning files, it seems like Neighborhood Story feature can have other households adopt horses. So be ready for that.

Aw, heeeeeell naw. That's 100% getting unselected in my game when I update. Next thing you know, sims in San Myshuno have horses in their apartments... :D
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    NeurosiaNeurosia Posts: 1 New Member
    The patch is awesome.

I just found this patch note really uninformative: "You can now enter Free Camera in Build Mode to get the best look at those Ceilings. Simply enable it as you would in Live Mode."

As a new player, I had no clue what that meant. After some internet searching, I found out you can use the Tab key in Build&Buy mode. Try that for anyone looking for it.
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »

Lol, everyone here having the same nightmare.... Odds on whether EA ensured apartment-dwellers wouldn't adopt horses regardless of Neighborhood Stories?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I kind of want to have a city horse. I must see it. Maybe I can somehow give one to my superhero, Captain Llama. Or a Unicorn, more like. And her sidekick Freezer Bunny should have a donkey. Can we make horses that look like donkeys? Probably not. Maybe a mule? A pink mule! 😁
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    I kind of want to have a city horse. I must see it. Maybe I can somehow give one to my superhero, Captain Llama. Or a Unicorn, more like. And her sidekick Freezer Bunny should have a donkey. Can we make horses that look like donkeys? Probably not. Maybe a mule? A pink mule! 😁

@LiELF , just like I did my penthouse farm with llama, cow and chickens, totally doing penthouse stables too , maybe with fake unicorns.. just for fun :p Horses at Batuu too :D

• Options
    is ayone having issues downloading the patch it wont for me normally i have no issues

after few pause and unpauses I made it finally.

• Options
    I think the thing I'm most excited about with all that's happening this week is the fact that they finally fixed the darn invention constructor!!! It only took two years. :D
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

@LiELF , just like I did my penthouse farm with llama, cow and chickens, totally doing penthouse stables too , maybe with fake unicorns.. just for fun :p Horses at Batuu too :D

That's awesome! Every game needs a city sky farm. 💖
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    New undereye bags

Yes, I can finally make a realistic simself! (Sadly, lol)

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    @EgonVM some pets born in game only have 2 traits for some reason
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member

Quite a lot of Mac users do seem to be having this problem, but I’m on a Mac and mine downloaded fine. It seemed slow, but I just thought that was normal.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Umm... So this can't be right? :D Oddly only with the three puppies that were just born. Not the parents.snJHcY6.png
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    the patch is not out for me yet

It isn't showing up for me either :neutral:

Same here. I even logged out of the app and back in and still nothing.

I had to restart my computer and then it worked.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Daaaaaaang so many bug fixes!

The handwashing in a distant sink bug! The all townies pansexual bug! The Neighborhood Stories babies born to people who shouldn't be able to get pregnant bug! The alien abduction not getting male sims pregnant who shouldn't have been able to get pregnant and therefore should have been able to get pregnant bug! The invention constructor bug!

I could go on and on and on, there are so many. My enormous appreciation to the team. This was a huge project.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    My game is in a pretty brilliant state after the patch. No lag, even smoother transitions between live and build mode. And stable plants (at least for the moment)!!
  • Options
    WhubbleWhubble Posts: 62 Member
    I genuinely love patch day with patches like this because I just pull the entire Electronic Arts folder My Documents, do a repair, then install the patch and play in a completely vanilla environment for about a week. I am a serious mod user. My mods folder is about 40 gb, so I do have quite a few mods and some CC (13,800 Files, 639 Folders). But during this time, I create base game builds, create townies for my regular saves etc. It really is a stress-free playing experience. Again, Love my mods but this is nice too.
    The Sims is not a game, its a lifestyle choice.
    My 100-Baby Challenge: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/62958b4f386aab7c7a1f98c2
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    Daaaaaaang so many bug fixes!

The handwashing in a distant sink bug! The all townies pansexual bug! The Neighborhood Stories babies born to people who shouldn't be able to get pregnant bug! The alien abduction not getting male sims pregnant who shouldn't have been able to get pregnant and therefore should have been able to get pregnant bug! The invention constructor bug!

I could go on and on and on, there are so many. My enormous appreciation to the team. This was a huge project.

I love the sound of this!

I've made copies of all the important folders...so fingers crossed...here we go.🤞
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Those 3 new hairs look fab! *chef's kiss*

And all those floors/walls getting new swatches? Yes please!

This is a huge patch and I'm really tempted to grab it, but we've been getting hammered with crazy thunderstorms all day (and it looks like it's going to go right through the night) so I'd rather not risk a power surge/outage in the middle of trying to download this big monster.

So I'll have to patiently wait until tomorrow.

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    @EgonVM some pets born in game only have 2 traits for some reason

That was created in CAS...

And it's the only dog affected.