Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animal Crossing

Comments

• Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I have regained my interest in this game with a vengeance. I almost have my island decorated for the warmer months. My Christmas market is now a garden center with plants of all kinds on display. Penguin beach is gradually being transformed into Sea Turtle beach. My polar plunge area has been transformed into a more neutral diving area.Lots of sunning and picnic spots are appearing around the island. Next I want to work on the villagers homes.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i started playing again a few days ago. first i forgot about it then i had a medical emergency.
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    Another game that I own that I just have not played. Going to give it a go soon.
  • Options
    I have been playing a lot lately. It's the first time I've played on my birthday or done the wedding event. So it's been fun.
  • Options
    I spent a couple of hours this morning playing the game. Getting it started. I did everything that I thought I could do until there was nothing left to do. Going to check back in soon to see if there is anything that I can do now.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Haven't played my Animal Crossing for a long time. Part of the reason is that I have Raymond as a villager, and I don't have a card of him.
    I also have the joycon drift, so I don't want him to want to move, and have the joycon drift go to yes, when I click on no.
    Most of my villagers came from Amiibo cards, only Raymond, and at least three other villagers I don't have cards of.
  • Options
    Umbreon12 wrote: »
    Haven't played my Animal Crossing for a long time. Part of the reason is that I have Raymond as a villager, and I don't have a card of him.
    I also have the joycon drift, so I don't want him to want to move, and have the joycon drift go to yes, when I click on no.
    Most of my villagers came from Amiibo cards, only Raymond, and at least three other villagers I don't have cards of.

i hadn't played in so long i forgot i had it.
  • Options
    I am so new to the game that I did not realize that you can shake trees to get branches for crafting. So now I am busy again fishing and bug hunting. I did get stung twice in a row by wasps.
  • Options
    blazerntq wrote: »
    I am so new to the game that I did not realize that you can shake trees to get branches for crafting. So now I am busy again fishing and bug hunting. I did get stung twice in a row by wasps.

Make sure you keep your net with you. Hit the "A" button as soon as your Sim gets the shocked expression, and you can catch the wasps. Best to stand in front of the tree but a little to the side. Too much to the side and you end up shaking the tree again and getting stung. Some trees give bells, and two will have furniture items.
  • Options
    @telemwill Thanks! I will try it.
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »

Make sure you keep your net with you. Hit the "A" button as soon as your Sim gets the shocked expression, and you can catch the wasps. Best to stand in front of the tree but a little to the side. Too much to the side and you end up shaking the tree again and getting stung. Some trees give bells, and two will have furniture items.

i can't count how many times wasps got me. well my character.
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »

i can't count how many times wasps got me. well my character.

I have some trees with things right next to them. I always hate when wasps end up there. Nothing for it but to craft some medicine.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Umbreon12 wrote: »

i hadn't played in so long i forgot i had it.

That is pretty funny, I have done something like that with other games.
    I will be thinking about a game, and where to get it, then remember that I already have the game.
  • Options
    MaglorMaglor Posts: 33 Member
    I've never actually played Animal Crossing, though I've wanted to. Is it worth the cost? I already have the daily commitment of the duolingo owl.
    “Never laugh at live dragons.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien | Origin ID: theumbreonlord
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Maglor wrote: »
    I've never actually played Animal Crossing, though I've wanted to. Is it worth the cost? I already have the daily commitment of the duolingo owl.

If you own the Switch already and you enjoy a very casual game, then yes. After the early part of the game, there are no more quests, it's just decorating your island, finding the villagers you want, collecting DIYs, and that kind of thing. I find it very relaxing, but some might find it boring.

I don't know that it's worth buying a Switch just for Animal Crossing, especially since it may be replaced in a few years. However I did buy it mainly for that reason, but I do own other games for Switch as well.

I find Animal Crossing is a game that I return to every so often. I might quit playing for months, but then I get interested again. I do the same with the Sims.
  • Options
    I'm really struggling right now to capture my last four bugs for my museum. I feel like if I could just find a Walker cicada, I could just use the Nook islands to get the night beetles.

I tried to use one for the cicada, but got an island covered in dragonflies. 😅
  • Options
    Maglor wrote: »

yes.it is.
  • Options
    After days of looking, I finally realized that the Walker Cicada doesn't appear until August. 😅
    Silly me!

I spent three hours on a Nook Mile island last night and found the Golden Stag and Giraffe Stag. No Scarab Beetle though. Decided to just time travel today, got four extra nets. Arrived on a island, didn't start to debug it yet, and the first tree I walked up to.... There it was! Shortly afterwards, I found a second one!!!

So my bug museum is almost complete. Once I get that elusive cicada next month.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I meant to link to a site that gives all the info on collecting and when and where to find them. I must have gotten distracted and forgot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top