Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your thoughts on the items of the Horse Ranch pack

Comments

• Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I love the tiered tank top! Very cute. I would totally wear that!
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    Is this it I wonder? Its just there are 4 different gate styles there and no fences!
    I mean one def looks like a stable door but the other 3 look like they should have fences to go with them.....kinda pointless if they dont have matching fences.

If I'm remembering correctly, things like fences, pillars, roof trimming, stairs, etc are usually not included in these catalogs for whatever reason.
  • Options
    LindaD2015LindaD2015 Posts: 141 Member
    @dogzdinner "Lookin back at the trailer its a shame they didn't include a functional well."

One with a hand pump would be wonderful and iconic. My Grandparents never had running water all of my Grandfather's life. I remember watching my Grandma go out to that pump in the front yard, prime it, then pump the water she needed for whatever task she was about to do. I thought they were cool as a kid. As an adult I know they were a lot of hard work.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    LindaD2015, There is a hand pump, wrought iron with a bucket on the spout and a larger bucket beneath the spout. It is on the 2nd set of build/buy, below the fireplace and before the horseshoe bush. It looks similar to the one in Oasis Springs that the sims can gather water from. I am hoping this one is functional as well. I would love a working well but am happy to at least be getting a hand pump to use on my lots!
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    LindaD2015, There is a hand pump, wrought iron with a bucket on the spout and a larger bucket beneath the spout. It is on the 2nd set of build/buy, below the fireplace and before the horseshoe bush. It looks similar to the one in Oasis Springs that the sims can gather water from. I am hoping this one is functional as well. I would love a working well but am happy to at least be getting a hand pump to use on my lots!

Wait... where is there a working hand pump in Oasis Springs?!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    edited June 2023
    @Amapola76 , at every desert neighborhood of OS. (not sure are those in the two more grassy hoods)
    behind Zest trailer:
    TRpIVF0.png
    grilling/community garden area:
    haoV3IZ.png

also around the park and behind Landgraab mansion, where is that one entrance to grotto.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @maggiemae8135 "There is a hand pump, wrought iron with a bucket on the spout and a larger bucket beneath the spout."
    I do remember there being a hand pump you can use now that you mention it but I don't remember it working when placed on a lot. Anyway, I was searching for one here recently & couldn't find it but thanks I'll look again. I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    Hand Pump: I've gone through searching using all the cheats & looking through debug items but I'm not finding it. I'm not saying it isn't there. I just can't find it. Perhaps they made it available to purchase in a pack I don't have. I did find this in the forums but it is a few years old:
    Cinna32 wrote: »
    Like many others I was really frustrated, when I found out that even though the water pump was announced as a possible source for water collection, it is not available in debug build mode. But after some testing I found a solution to the problem.

Since the water pump is not part of the normal debug items, its rules are a bit different. For one, it cannot be moved around like other items and it also cannot be included in rooms to upload. The only way to "transport" it between lots is by saving the whole lot. Then it is included and functional.

I made 20x15 lot, that contains nothing but the water pump. It can be found here on the gallery
    I also have a finished off-the-grid lot, which includes the pump, if you want to test how it works. Link

waterpump.png

There are two ways to use it. If you don't want to use any mods, you have to place the water pump first. Then you can move it around by moving the whole lot around, until it is where you want it.
    If you don't mind using mods or want to place it in an existing lot, you have to use the T.O.O.L. mod by TwistedMexi to move it around. To place it in an existing lot, just place it in an adjoining lot and then move it over from there.

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited June 2023
    @Amapola76 , at every desert neighborhood of OS. (not sure are those in the two more grassy hoods)
    behind Zest trailer:
    TRpIVF0.png
    grilling/community garden area:
    haoV3IZ.png

also around the park and behind Landgraab mansion, where is that one entrance to grotto.

I've never been able to collect water from any of those pumps, only frogs. Am I missing something?

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    The CAS and B/B items are all a bit boring to me, but I’m still excited about horsies! I like the new brown gloves though.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Not only is Horse Ranch copying from other packs, it's even copying itself.

0vJ9HK4.png

/jk
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member

I've never been able to collect water from any of those pumps, only frogs. Am I missing something?

Yeah, same here, that's why I was confused. Although I haven't actually tried to interact with them in years. I assume if there's a way to get water from them, it's either due to mods, or maybe it was something that was updated in a later pack (I would guess Eco Living?).
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Yeah, same here, that's why I was confused. Although I haven't actually tried to interact with them in years. I assume if there's a way to get water from them, it's either due to mods, or maybe it was something that was updated in a later pack (I would guess Eco Living?).

I think they only work when you are having Off the Grid lot trait. I think it's possible to collect water also from the wishing well that came with romantic garden SP.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member

Yes, you have to live in Off the Grid lot .
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I lost interest once I found out the horses count as your 8 household limit and the ranch animals are considered “minis” and not fully fleshed out. Corners have been cut and I’m not a fan.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I think they only work when you are having Off the Grid lot trait. I think it's possible to collect water also from the wishing well that came with romantic garden SP.

Can you use the little well that came in the basegame to collect water too on an off the grid lot?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

Can you use the little well that came in the basegame to collect water too on an off the grid lot?

I am not sure about other wells and can't recollect any well that came with basegame.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I really wish they had added an old timey toilet..I always end up having to use the same two (diy wood toilet and vampire toilet) its kinda boring...

Also see alot of bb stuff looking very similar to things we already got.
    So...kinda meh on the bb, even tho there are some cool things (like the old radio).

CAS is fine, more cowboy hats, Yeehaa!

But its more about the new animals and nectar making for me anyways.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    It looks like there is improvement in horse tack selection if compared to Sims 3. Horses will get some cute accessory like bows, flowers, leg wraps etc. Manes and the tails look nice too. Many wishes will come true and I can keep my game vanilla. Im the ranch/farmer type gamer so for me the stuff is dreams coming true. There are some single items i like but i need to see them in my game until i can pick my likes.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Gathering water was added in an update last year. Only works with "the water pump, fishing holes, romantic gardens whispering wishing well, and get famous's Luminary's exotic water garden". Off-the-grid is necessary for it to work and your sim can gather water. I haven't used it as I want the pump on my home lots for use. I know you can download the pump from Oasis Springs from the exchange, but haven't tried it. It will be nice having one in build/buy to use! I don't know if there is a special action the sim performs with the pump though. Probably the same as gathering water from a fishing hole.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    HOW COULD I FORGET?! The ceiling patterns ( if that’s what they are!) deserve a special mention! I’ll be using the hell out of those wooden boards darn-it! Me and my abandoned barns and medieval builds will be so darn happy.

Still waiting for an official announcement re customizable ceilings of-course, but this is all very exciting for Sim 3 camera / cinematic / first person mode players such as myself. Total immersion here we come. 🤠
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    A lot of the people CAS items look much like recolors of what we already have, as does some of the bb. Saloon doors are very do-able. I have a CC set that I found on TSR and they work very well.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I am not sure about other wells and can't recollect any well that came with basegame.

Maybe it came with get together…. It is just a small well.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Huh. I think whoever put together this list miscounted somehow. A bunch of the windows are actually basegame. Like, just the same as those basegame "Mega" windows that every Oasis Springs house has. I'm pretty sure one of the hutches is basegame too, and the bed is the same as the one you get as a reward in the Painter career.
    The basketball is from City Living and there's also a deco basketball in Everyday Clutter.
    The platform style single bed is from Discover University.
    I don't even think these are recolors of existing objects (except possibly the Painter bed), they are just the same objects?
  • Options
    PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    edited July 2023
    Huh. I think whoever put together this list miscounted somehow. A bunch of the windows are actually basegame. Like, just the same as those basegame "Mega" windows that every Oasis Springs house has. I'm pretty sure one of the hutches is basegame too, and the bed is the same as the one you get as a reward in the Painter career.
    The basketball is from City Living and there's also a deco basketball in Everyday Clutter.
    The platform style single bed is from Discover University.
    I don't even think these are recolors of existing objects (except possibly the Painter bed), they are just the same objects?

Not sure about the windows, but the other items are different. Only slightly, but definetly not the same items.
    The ball is probably the giant one we can see in the trailer (probably an amusement items for horses, I guess), so not the normal balls we already have.
    The painter bed had a different bottom from the one coming with the pack. And the Discovery University is very similar, but it's a bit taller near the pillow and it doesn't have the small gap right under the pillow.

Or at least that's what I noticed comparing the items you mentioned.
    Post edited by PifflePrincess on
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.