Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Are Your Plans For The Horse Ranch EP?

Do you already have a particular sim or family in mind? Will they be moving to Chestnut Ridge? Are you starting fresh with a brand new sim or sim family?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,965 Member
    edited June 2023
    I've already decided to have my main sim experience the fun of living on and running a ranch. She's currently in Willow Creek with the rest of the family but I've moved her out in the past to explore new packs.

I'd like to combine farm and ranch living so we'll see how that goes.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,027 Member
    My plans need some backstory for context.

My current household consists of a witch (Dean) and his vampire girlfriend (Serena.) They moved to Henford to start a farm on the girlfriend's family property, which she'd previously lost decades ago to a fire. As farmers, they're beloved figures in town. But Serena becomes the Lady in Red, a mysterious figure who haunts the world of Henford and drinks the plasma of sims who cross her path.

The plan is so have the townsfolk find out about Serena's dark secret and drive them out of town. So they move to Chestnut Ridge and start up a new farm there. Serena becomes a recluse who refuses to interact with others or leave the property, out of fear of being exposed and getting her family run out of town. But her gardening and desire to help out will lead her down the path to nectar-making. The family will start a vineyard and make their own luxury nectar brand.

By then, they'll have had kids. Dean will buy a horse to try and cheer up the kids after their move. The daughter, Belle, will become a horse girl and enter competitions. The son, Tonio, I'm not sure about. I can see him becoming a teen criminal, but he might follow another path if the pack provides one.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Annabeth_ChaseAnnabeth_Chase Posts: 2 New Member
    Once i am done the generation i am on now(They are fashion people/interiors designers who live in San Myshuno) I will move their child into that world
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I’m going to move my current legacy founder, Sasha, and her teen daughter, Kai to Chestnut Ridge. Kai will graduate early and move to Chestnut Ridge to learn about horses. She will have her mother tag along because they’re very close and she doesn’t want to leave her alone. I’m thinking they will both find love and happiness there. Kai will become a horse trainer and Sasha, a celebrity chef, will discover her love of nectar making and open a very successful restaurant and vineyard.

The other option is that I use this other sim that finds out she inherited a ranch in Chestnut Ridge from a relative she didn’t even know she had. Without any family or friends tying her to her current location, she packs up everything and moves to the desert. She develops a love/hate relationship with one of the Native American townies and they run a successful ranch and vineyard together. I’ll give them two kids and a few horses, goats and sheep.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 446 Member
    1. My criminal sim will be a wild west baddie, maybe run a bar.

2. My old hippie outdoorsy guy will ride horses

3. My nature loving kid will bond with goats

4. I will paint horses to look like either My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Mane 6, or Bojack Horseman, with Mr. Peanut Butter as a werewolf.

5. I will make a werewolf ride a horse.

6. There will be a pancake/flapjack themed restaurant.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited June 2023
    In Strangerville, the Roswell’s have a son. By the way, they make good looking sons. He’s dating Nina Calliente

They already wear country clothes, go to the local saloon, and get into bar fights after loosing at Sabaaac.

I’m definitely moving that couple over to Chestnut Ridge

The young girl and young boy in My Wedding Stories aged up and are married, living in Tartosa. I think I’ll have them make and sell nectar.
    Post edited by imhappy on
  • Options
    PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    Lately, I've been obsessed with the Decades Challenge, except that I never go past the 1890s decade because I love it so much.

Now that I will finally have horses for my farmer family, and appropriate furnitures/clothes in western style, I'm gonna start a new legacy family and go full "Red Dead Redemption", with ranching, farming, horse breeding and lots and lots of randomized events to spice up their life.
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • Options
    HanneeHannee Posts: 36 Member
    Before cottage living came out I made a family who were only supposed to be a background family but actually found them really fun to play. However they were more American homesteaders rather than English cottage dwellers so they got left behind in Brindleton Bay, which I feel like never really suited them. With this pack coming I've moved them for the time being on a small ranch in Strangerville so they can get some skills together and age a little before moving them to Chestnut Ridge.
    Patrick Fairchild currently just loves farming and coming up with hairbrained fizzy juice recipes, Nectar making will suit him nicely!
    His wife Nora just loves being a part of the community, crafting, canning and running the local bookclub, she'll love throwing community BBQs.
    Rylan, their oldest son will be coming of age and wanting to get some independence will leave the nest to become a ranch hand of a neighbouring ranch, owned by the loveliest elderly lady who cannot keep up with her little garden and her beloved horses as she gets older. However when she passes away and her city slicker granddaughter inherits the ranch, Rylan might have his work cut out for this squeamish newcomer.
    Hayley, their middle child, is animal obsessed already but will take extra care of her horse, spending every waking moment training and caring for her best friend. Maybe to the detriment of her education.
    Lastly Chase the youngest, his future hasn't been decided yet but I suspect it might have something to do with playing music.
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I've recently started a new lagacy, so I will either have one of the heirs move to Chestnut Ridge, or I will start a new sim with a fresh start. I usually always start with a new sim
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited June 2023
    The Boys will take a look at the new world, that's for sure.
    But for how long, that depends. If there is a neighborhood that's more landscape/scenery, we will have a ranch there.
    But if there are prominent 'cowboy/western style' items in every neighborhood that can't be removed, we will have our Horse Ranch somewhere else.
    (I'm so not into 'Cowboy and Western', it just doesn't meet my taste at all and doesn't fit with my game/stories ö.ö)
    Strangerville maybe or Henford-on-Bagley or Brindleton Bay or Sulani or Granite Falls or Selvadorada ^^'
    We played a lot in Oasis Springs and Strangerville (and Del Sol Valley), I don't know how long we will be able to endure a third/fourth north american desert world :,(
    @SERVERFRA mentioned their Heidi Alp in this post and that they would put the goats there.
    This inspired me. I will rebuild my Sims 3 Heidi Alp in Sims 4 and there will be the goats Schnucki, Schwanli and Bärli!
    e58cbd8197aca80f893f561e338c6e0f6aebd1b0.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,987 Member
    edited June 2023
    thinking CoL sims will have some new animals when I get to "next season" of that story I have some detailed and less detailed ideas about it

Nectar making will be added for Tartosa

Kine Society will be added to new world of Chestnut Ridge and will be looking for new members

might rebuild my 8 bells saloon if we get actual saloon items
    now its really just the get famous set and its killing me how the piano is not functional but takes so much space and saloon door does not function so i have to take sims in from the back etc.

at very least give me functioning door
    and other front stuff could be separate shell thing to place on building if its too hard to add all those items as actual build things
    ahem, sorry rant back to subject
    what was I at

oh yes wondering if Roswells should move to Chestnut Ridge I get ranch vibes from them but I'm still trying to think if you can really be Strangerville mayor from Chestnut Ridge :lol: I mean I consider them inside same Strangetown area but its kind of weird with SV max weirdness and nothing showing for it in Chestnut Ridge so hmm

maybe Ted retired to Chestnut Ridge to avoid responsibility for whatever it is he did
    maybe there is new mayor in Strangerville
    maybe its Katrina Caliente

and maybe she isn't Calientes mom after all but rather a distant relative
    as for Chestnut Ridge sims I'll have to meet them first but I am thinking of keeping them in the world as long as I have space for it and I might add some CoL animals in the mix if they all have same kind of animals
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,997 Member
    I will recreate one of my old horses to my game <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    This is Mariel von Weidenbach.
    yogazuhause5pd21.jpg
    She lives in Pendula View, Willow Creek, and claims to be the last living descendant of the town's founders (her surname literally means "of Willow Creek" in German). In reality, she's an angel who has existed for thousands of years and only recently settled down on Earth, hoping to experience a relatively normal life among humans. A fan of the good old times, she chose to renounce most amenities of modern life, producing her own water and power only when she needs it. Whenever she isn't selling home-made candles for a living, she spends her time either in the garden with her pets or pursuing creative hobbies that don't require power, such as painting, knitting, playing music, and making flower arrangements.
    huhnerstallverbessernx3ehl.jpg
    Mariel was envisioned to be my "horse sim" from the getgo, months before horses were officially announced. That said, I didn't know at the time if we were actually going to get them, and didn't leave any room for them on the lot. Now that they're on the horizon, though, I'm going to move her entire house and garden to the uninhabited 50x50 lot in the Sage Estates neighbourhood, and if there's still space left after the horse has moved in, I might get her miniature sheep and goats, too. As of right now, she already has a dog (Chronos), a cat (Fortuna), a cow (Kali), and three chickens (Urd, Verdandi, and Skuld). Not sure what deity from which mythology the horse is going to be named after, but I'm thinking of Raijin, the Japanese god of thunder.

As for who is going to move to Chestnut Ridge (I'll have to get used to that name, I always want to write "Chestnut Grove" or even "Walnut Grove"), it's the Winchesters. If the name sounds familiar because you've watched Supernatural, yes, it's those Winchesters. That includes Castiel, even though he's not in this screenshot.
    wintersport-zusammenr3ien.jpg
    At the moment they're living in Mt. Komorebi, which doesn't make much sense. I was a huge Supernatural fan at the time Snowy Escape came out and just used the haunted forest in Senbamachi as an excuse to explore this new world with my new favourite ghost hunter household. But I think the Wild West is much more fitting for them, even though we rarely see them in such an environment in the TV show. We know that Dean is a huge fan of cowboys at least, and he has a black car named Baby that he loves very much, but since there are no cars in TS4, he'll get a black horse instead. And Sam's actor has become the new Walker Texas Ranger, so surely he won't look terribly out of place in the new world either.

I'm already thinking about how to include horses in my machinima series as well, even though those episodes probably won't come out until at least a year from now. That's one reason I'm still hoping for unicorns, or that we can at least make our horses look like them with appropriate CAS accessories. Either way, I have many plans for horses.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited June 2023
    I don't think I will move the Roswells to Chestnut Ridge. However, I have long wanted to give them a cattle ranch, and there's really just not room to add even one cow to their current residential lot, or really anywhere else in Strangerville. However, I view Chestnut Ridge as a neighboring town, so I may create a ranch (lot type to be determined) for them, and the story will just be that as mayor, Ted resides in Strangerville, but the family ranch he inherited is the next town over in Chestnut Ridge.

I will, of course, be adding sheep to all the farms in Henford and Windenburg. A few horses, as well.

The Villareals will be getting some horses on their estate. You just know Luna is a horse girl. She's also far too naive to realize that her father may have acquired the horses through nefarious means.

In Selvadorada, I currently have chickens roaming around the bar, and llamas out behind the museum. I will likely add miniature goats to both lots.

Tartosa absolutely needs at least one nectary/vineyard, and likely more than one.

Somewhere, in one of my more urban or suburban worlds, I will also need a wine shop retail lot.

In CR itself, I may change the bar to restaurant, we'll have to see how it looks. I always get too carried away thinking about lots I want to add to upcoming worlds, and then the number/size/location of lots usually end up being all wrong for what I have envisioned. So I'm trying to be a little more cautious this time, and adapt to what we actually get. But if there's an empty lot anywhere near the downtown area, it might be fun to create a general store/hardware and feed store retail lot. Here, too, I like the idea that as neighboring small towns, CR and Strangerville share some amenities. My Strangerville has a bar with a basement bowling alley, a community garden, a country church, and a library/the visitor center. So if CR has a restaurant, a dance hall, a general store, and an equestrian center, in addition to the Roswell cattle ranch... well, that's not a bad little combined community. I might also finally get around to making my agritourism (rental) lot that I've been envisioning since Cottage Living was announced, but have never found the right location. Then I can leave the rest as residential lots.

Edited to add, if there's a good location for it, it might also be fun to add an outdoors marketplace (community lot) and call it the Chestnut Ridge Fairgrounds Swap Meet.

I would like to see whether any of the premades represent Native American culture (I assume at least one will), and how well that household might fit into my save, in addition to checking out what other players have done in the gallery. I like my world to be as diverse as possible, so I'd definitely like to have at least one such family, but I'm wary of creating one myself, as I don't want to inadvertently end up perpetuating stereotypes. So I'm looking forward to seeing what content will be available.

I'll have to think about whether any of my existing families might want to move there. I am trying to limit creating new households at this stage in the game, as I am already have a pretty high number in my rotation. But I'm kind of envisioning a young couple of city slickers (maybe I'll move a household from SM) who want to create a goat and llama farm, some sort of household TBD who have multiple horses, and then... maybe a single country musician who has one horse, but mostly hangs out making music.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    edited June 2023
    I’ll definitely be setting up my simself with my soul pony. The game hasn’t felt complete without him. And also recreating my memorials for my little black mare ❤️ and my big red heart horse ❤️

I’ve got lots of historical saves for my SimLIt in the wings. The Decades Challenge, the GBSC and I wanna work on my medieval save as well as a reboot for the Amazon Challenge so I can have proper warrior women mounted on mighty steeds! I have been waiting so long for horses and using bike override mods and/or deco statues (and a lot of frustrating posing) just didn’t feel the same.

I’ll also be setting up a breeding farm save in Chestnut Ridge. Hopefully something like Equus-Sims with was really popular with Sims 3 horses will become a thing again. Looking forward to it.
    Post edited by Haflinger on
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I definitely will start a new game in Chestnut Ridge with a few families owning horse ranches with other animals added. I enjoy off-the-grid stories with farms that are self-sustaining. I definitely want a horse based on the old TV show "Fury" which I loved as a child. Will check the internet for pics. It was a western about a widower who adopted a son after losing his wife and child, and I loved that horse! I will also be adding horses, goats and sheep to my current farms. My sims will definitely be busy taking care of all the animals!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2023
    I thought I had a plan but now I'm not so sure. Then I thought about picking an existing premade to play like the Roswell family. I might make a sim for this EP or hold out to see what new premades we will be getting in this world.

How cool would that be if bizarre fruit can be used in nectar making. Now there's a idea for the Roswell family.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    If I get it ( I'd like to, but I have to focus on real world stuff like starting a mortgage and moving home) I will definitely give horses to characters in the world based on the book series I'm writing, which is a fantasy based on the Napoleonic era, so there is lots of scope for antics with horses. I can see myself using the increased farming options for historical and fantasy themed play of other kinds too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,387 Member
    I don't have any plans. I don't start new saves anymore, so I will just rotate my old ones like usual and decide then which households to use with the new pack. A lot of my Sims have kids and I'm sure some of them will love horse riding, some Sims will move to the new world and some will have goats and/or sheep etc. :)
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited June 2023
    My profile pic is of the very first horse I rode that I created in Sims3. His name was Baldy and he was born on my grandparents farm in the mid 40"s. Also lived to a grand old age for a horse. So my plan is to move my legacy couple (which I had to restart) to a ranch where Baldy will be reborn. So excited for this as I can now eventually add all my past real life horses into my game as well. Hmmm maybe baby Maxis from Sims3 will also make a return.

As much as I prefer time to go slowly (that happens when you get old, lol) I must admit I wont be sad for July 20th to get here quick....then it can slow down again. Happy Trails
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 706 Member
    In my previous save, I started recreating some of the sims from Appaloosa Plains (Sims 3) for Sims 4 with plans to recreate more. I put some in Strangerville and some in HoB, I need to see the size of the new world and the number of lots but I imagine most of those sims will end up in Chestnut Ridge in my current save file. (I play rotationally). I'm very excited for this pack.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,447 Member
    I will move a sim to the new world and explore horse riding. If there is a new aspiration, I will explore that as well. On long term I will use the world more than horses themselves. I hope to add nectar making and sheep to the more rustic world of Henford.

But I won't be able to do these things right away as I plan to wait until the pack goes on sale.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited June 2023
    I've been preparing ever since we first started having rumors of a horse pack prior to Eco Living. Using my typical go-to sources (Flickr, stock photo sites, and websites/social media of a few tack/Westernwear retailers), I had already made several Sims. I've refreshed them so many times, they at least resemble the individuals themselves now. I've only recently conquered CAS.

First of all, I'll start working on the horses themselves, as there are at least ten horses (those the individuals were pictured with) I plan to replicate, as well as a new CAS system (aka CAH) that I'll have to master.

Then, I'll be applying the new CAS items to those Sims, and try to replicate the outfits worn by the women they were modelled on. From what I've seen so far, the new CAS is exactly what I needed for the wranglers, ranchhands, and working cowgirls.

I'm still confused about where my own Sims will end up being moved. Most of them really aren't on a big enough lot to have a horse, and for now, live in starter homes--except for a couple of households living in Henford-on-Bagley. I'm curious about how many uninhabited and empty lots there will be in Chestnut Ridge, as I'm probably not getting rid of any of the premade Sims in this world (which is a first). I think those with horses will need a pretty big lot.

We still don't have names for the two female Sims that showed up in art for Horse Ranch and the roadmap, but for sure, one will be living with my Sim; assuming she isn't married to someone else.
    Post edited by cody6268 on
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,351 Member
    Meet Plum! Plum was the first foal I raised in Sims 3, and I have no idea what made me sell her back to the stable after finishing my rancher's LTW. Anyway, later I decided to have my favorite sims, Daniel and Gavin, visit Appaloosa Plains and they rented a horse each from the stable. Daniel chose Plum and they absolutely hit it off together (while Gavin and his rental horse maintained a more businesslike relationship).

778aa527711378c938bda8f94e8f8737c197c467.jpg

I decided Daniel would buy Plum and take her back to Newcrest with him after the vacation. Unfortunately at the moment Sims 4 Plum is just a modded bike:

08.03.23_19-24-55w6eoh.png

I can't wait to make her real (again)! The Reed family consists of two adults, two children and two cats, so there is still space for a horse.

Other than that I plan to add archery targets to the new world and let my sims attend a competition there.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Also, I've never quite known what to do with Vlad, but perhaps now he will create a small artisanal plasma nectary.